Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Diggle
Having dropped his spell, Alphonsius appears out of thin air. He spares a glance for the addict, before loading up his own pipe with a noxious, sticky ball of something definitely not tobacco.
"This here's a thin place," he says, staring up at the sky. "Mother spider poked her head through, but only for an instant. Long enough though that I might be able to predict it happening again. Might be."
Old 09-29-2015, 03:39 PM
is really spooky....

Tools
User Statistics
Patmos
Campher looks on as Diggle packs his pipe, face unreadable. "Predict is good, but prevent would be better." Glancing back to the Spider bite, already bruised and coated with cooling blood he continues "... much better."
Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 PM
I feast on your pain

Tools
User Statistics
ymirsson
Durrg looks across to Diggle and shakes his head. "Fear-corpses, spider swarms," he rumbles the tally, "an' now a mama-spider that's big enough ta maul a guy. AND it's invisible too."

The orc straightens up and sheathes his blade. "If she does poke in, gnome, feel free to share that fact wit' the rest o' us. Nothin' would make me happier than ta lop her unseen head clean off."
Old 10-01-2015, 09:05 AM
WTB Lich Potion PST

Tools
User Statistics
Saifula
"Not invisible," Bree frowns, apparently unfazed by the trembling skeleton hovering over her shoulder. "Shifted into a plane alongside this one. There should be a way to trap it... without falling asleep ourselves. Though I do agree with Durrg - this is getting goddamned expensive. Someone better have a fat purse waiting."

After a second, she frowns, shaking her head, "Maybe we don't wait for it, maybe we take the fight there..." she mutters almost to herself.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:43 AM
is really spooky....

Tools
User Statistics
Patmos
Campher quirks an eyebrow, at the dusky skinned half-elf, "Take the fight to where? Some nightmare plagued dream plane? Bollocks to that, Not in this job to fight giant spiders from another plane. Shut down Barvasi; Shut down the cult of the Spider; Stop the disappearances in Bridgefront; Find someone to blame for Frell's death... get paid twice." Campher shakes his head "I'm an Altruistic fella, any other problems present themselves along the way lets have at them, but I fail to see that course of action forwarding our goals, unless we have also been hired to get dream murdered or stuffed with spiders like this bloke."
Old 10-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Zane a.k.a. Nails

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
TeKatana TeKatana
"I'm with the halfling. Let's just stick to our own plane of existence. That's where the money is."
Old 10-01-2015, 09:55 AM
I feast on your pain

Tools
User Statistics
ymirsson
Durrg looks back and forth from Bree to Campher and nods in agreement to both counts. "I wanna get paid too, Coins," he grumbles as he shakes off the last vestiges of nausea. "But now I also wanna get a pound o' flesh outta this. These bastards made a big mistake in pissin' me off, so now this job is business AND pleasure. What say we find 'em an' give 'em a reason ta fear us more than some dumb spirit-spider?"
Old 10-01-2015, 11:53 AM
is really spooky....

Tools
User Statistics
Patmos
Campher "Pulls the Addict up by his vomit stained shirt, you said was part of a gang, Barsavi's boy? Where are they? What temple did they raid? Where do your buy your shiver mate! Give me somethinge..." A ghostly sobbing becomes audible in the alley echoing around the walls apparently from nowhere, the edges of Campher's cloak float in a breezy that affects no one else, his damages pupil seems to swell threatening to engulf his entire eye in the shadows, and he whispers to the addict....
Old 10-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Heeeey guys...

Tools
User Statistics
Herzwesten
The addict says, "Kill it? No, you can't! Mother spider is the only thing protecting us from the others! I gotta talk to Frell? Where's Frell?" And then Campher's ghostly whispers echo through his mind. "Oh, no," he wails. "Frell got us the shiver. He said we wouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon! All I know is that he trades for it at the Night Market. He traded a set of silverware with some initials on it, a fancy gold brooch like a butterfly, a mummified imp corpse, a weird, silver key, and a blue parakeet in a bronze cage. I don't know where he got the stuff! He didn't trade that big book, though. He thought he could get more from the book dealers or that lady who interprets dreams."
Old 10-01-2015, 12:40 PM
WTB Lich Potion PST

Tools
User Statistics
Saifula
"I'm not in the mood to do killing for free," she grumbles, "If the Cult goes dead at our hands, mother spider looses her access to the people, I don't want it gnawing on my dreams. But not matter, it's unlikely we'll find a way into the dream plane anytime soon..."

Bree squints her eyes shut and rubs her temples, annoyed at all this day-light walking about, while Campher shakes down the other addict.

"Spoons and knives, brooches and corpses, keys and toys.... I'm not going to track down every bloody fence in the Night Market! Useless fool. The Barvasi thread has got to be less convoluted, let's chase him down instead of knocking over every bloody temple in Bridge Front and shaking down every little thug in search of this cult. If we find Barvasi, we'll find the witch. And he's got to be easier to find than whatever hole this bloody cult found."
Old 10-05-2015, 02:39 AM
Heeeey guys...

Tools
User Statistics
Herzwesten
As you leave the alley, you can see a young man (maybe aged 13) doing a very poor job of trying to shadow you. He soon notices you noticing him, so he drops the pretense and introduces himself as Kestrel.

"Word on the streets is that you're looking for the high muckety-mucks of the shiver trade. Wells so happens as I knows where Moses Greeley's hideout is..."
Old 10-05-2015, 09:57 AM
is really spooky....

Tools
User Statistics
Patmos
Campher eyes the boy, his fully dilated eye searching for clues, obviously a bit curious at this sudden windfall.

OOCJust trying to figure out if he has anything out of the ordinary about the lad, before we figure out the price of this information.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:43 AM
I feast on your pain

Tools
User Statistics
ymirsson
With a speed surprising for one of his size, Durrg instantly closes the gap between himself and Kestrel. He lays both of his massive hands on the boy's shirt and lifts him from his feet until they see eye-to-eye.

"I'm only gonna say this once so pay attention," he whispers between clenched fangs. "We've been gettin' the runaround ever since we took this job. We've fought fear-corpses, spider-spirits, an' vomit swarms an' as ya can guess, I'm really itchin' to murder somethin'. If ye've got somethin' useful to say, then say it right now an' we'll get along just fine. But if yer lookin' to send us into more mischief, then so help me, I'll find ya, gut ya, an' wear yer skin as a sash."

Durrg leans in closer so the boy can see into his red, bloody eyes. "Now that the pleasantries are outta the way, how 'bout ya tell me what's on yer mind?"
Old 10-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Heeeey guys...

Tools
User Statistics
Herzwesten
The young Kestrel seems like your typical Bridgefront guttersnipe. Until his eyes go wide when Durrg grabs him. "Look mister, all I knows is my gang heard from a competing shiver dealer that Greeley hides out in a small building on Breakwater Pier, just past the Old Wall north of the Night Market!" Even in the orc's grip, Kestrel manages a smile. "Any chance that information is worth a couple of coins for your friend Kestrel?"

Last edited by Herzwesten; 10-05-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:02 PM
I feast on your pain

Tools
User Statistics
ymirsson
Durrg's expression softens ever so slightly. It doesn't happen all that often when anyone, especially a child, gets the Orc's 'polite' treatment and still has the stones to bargain. He manages a thin smile in answer and lowers the boy to his feet.

"Tell ya what, kid," he says, fishing a gold coin from his pocket and placing it into Kestrel's hand. "That's for the info right now. If yer lead turns out to be worth somethin', I'll meet ya back here tonight with 5 more jus' like it. Deal?"

Last edited by ymirsson; 10-05-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Closed Thread