Game Thread [Group 1] The Moathouse - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Adventure Awaits
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 05-17-2017, 02:39 PM
KalPurp's Avatar
KalPurp KalPurp is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2017
RPXP: 272
KalPurp KalPurp KalPurp
Posts: 116
”Kip Caspel”
left-aligned image

Kip found himself nodding in agreement with Sjogrenard at first. There was no need for a fight and the situation seemed to be calming. For this reason, Kip was taken quite by surprise when it escalated. He passed a quizzical look from Sjog, to Kerri, to the armed men, and back to Sjog. He glanced over to Newt as well, to see how he was reacting. The Wizard seemed ready to act...Of course Kip planned to take their side, but his companions’ aggression confused him.

A familiar energy coursed into Kip's quarterstaff as he prepared for a possible confrontation.




 
__________________
I've taken the Oath of Sangus | NPSG Graduate 808 (PF Human Ranger) | Want to play test an awesome new system being developed by some of our own RPGC members? Come join Born of Legend! New gig taking up more time than expected. Still adjusting, delays in posting likely.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:56 PM
lcg16's Avatar
lcg16 lcg16 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-08-2018
RPXP: 7958
lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16
Posts: 10,196
Sabrina Lyonesse
right-aligned image
Sabrina curtsied politely enough when the door was opened as she requested, and said, "Thank you, good sirs. She winces, however, when she was provided with a threat afterwards. Indeed, she looked confused, and was about to ask the others why being here was a transgression. She didn't need even more trouble on her plate.

But then they responded to the threats with aggression towards the men, and Sjogrenard especially depicted her in most unsavoury fashion. Wincing, she protested, "Lady Deathblade? Why would you call me that? The name is Sabrina, please."
__________________
Note: That's a small L in my username. Not a capital I.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2020
RPXP: 15856
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 8,117
The Moat House.
right-aligned image


Sjogrenard kept his feral grin while he turned to Sabrina.

"The modesty!! And after you dispatched Cromby the Duelist and McGuin the Quick." Sjogrenard named two well known and fearsome bandits, hoping Sabrina would keep her yap shut lest she spoil his bluff. Lord some of these companions are green.

"But very well Lady Sabrina! Time to continue your bloody path!"

OOCIntimidation. You guys aren't making this easy.


 

 

__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; 05-17-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 AM
Alcyone's Avatar
Alcyone Alcyone is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-06-2019
RPXP: 385
Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone
Posts: 490
The shield wielding man looked almost flabbergasted as Sjogrenard's demeanor changed from one moment to the other and confused as many of the others corrected his story. A soft chuckle came from the man and then, more loudly, the rest of his group.

"You cannot keep your own stories straight about your comrades and about your reason for being here. One says one thing," He said and pointed to Kerri, then Sabrina, with his spear, "While you say another. And then you have the impudence to threaten us?" He let out a chuckle once again.

"After all that you would have me believe that you and your lying band of arguing wenches could best us in a fight? Let me remind you that you trespassed here, slew harmless animals and then tried to claim this place with your deceit. We gave you a chance to leave. Let me show you why you should have ran when you could have, Boy" ...

Round 0Everyone but Sabrina may act in "round 0". If Kalpurp does not post I'll NPC him with my next update.


Code:
   a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l
                                     ╔═══╦═══╦═══╗
1                                    ║   │   │   ║
                                     ╠───┼───┼───╣
2                                    ║   │Crs│   ║
 ╔═══╦═══╗           ╔═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╬───╬───┼───╣
3║   │   ║           ║↑↑↑║   │Sjo│Fla│Shi║   │  ▒▒
 ╠───┼───╣           ╠═─═╬───┼───┼───┼───╬═══╩═▒▒▒
4║   │   ║           ║   │   │Ker│   │Axe║
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╦═══╦═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
5║   │   │   │   │   │   │   │Sab│   │   ║  
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╩xxx╩═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
6║   │   ║           ║   │New│   │   │   ║
 ╚═══╩═══╝           ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
7                    xKip│   │   │   │   ║
                     ╚═══╩═══╬───╬═══╬───╣
8                            x   ║   ║↓↓↓║
                             ╠───╣   ╚═══╝
9                            ║   ║
                             ╠───╣
10                           x   x
                     ╔═══╦═══╬───╬═══╦═══╗
11                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
12                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───▒▒▒▒╣
13                   ║   │   │   │   ▒▒▒▒▒
                     ╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩▒▒▒▒▒
Initiative: Sjogrenard -> Newt-> Kerri -> Kip -> Enemies -> Sabrina->

Map Key:
CRS - Crossbow Wielder - AC 12
SHI - Shield & Spear - AC 16
AXE - 2hnd Battle Axe - AC 11
FLA - Flail & Shortsword - AC 14

Ker - Kerri
Kip - Kip
New - Newt
Sab - Sabrina
Sjo - Sjogrenard

X - Wooden Door
▒ - Collapsed Wall / Rubble
__________________
DM of The West Marches | DM of Adventure Awaits

Last edited by Alcyone; 05-20-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-20-2017, 01:40 AM
Anthrueser's Avatar
Anthrueser Anthrueser is offline
Illithid Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2019
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
Posts: 975
Newt Melontyne: The Man on Fire
right-aligned image

Things were going poorly. Any hopes Newt had that they would be able to intimidate the bandits were dashed with Sabrina's interruption. Luckily though, his part in their play for intimidation had prepared him for this and the sparks his hand had been emanating before lit aflame.

It was at that moment that he realized exactly how poorly things would truly be going. His hold faltered. It was for only a moment but even that could be too long with high energy spells. It must be the stress, you aren't used to all this fighting. Now, stay calm, because you're going to be feeling something in a second.

A second later, the previously contained fire lost its confining shell and the heat exploded outwards, a burning pain shooting up his arm much like the similarly burning fire.

"Aah!! ****! Devout corruption in A Minor, that is scalding!"

 

Last edited by Anthrueser; 05-20-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2020
RPXP: 15856
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 8,117
The Moat House Melee
right-aligned image


"Focus!" Sjogrenard yelled to his mates as he moved back against the north wall. The crossbow was dangerous, but only if the other bandits were out of the way. He'd given these bandits a chance to back down, but they'd not acquiesced. "We gave you a chance to lay down arms or parlay and you refused. Time tah die."

Sjogrenard took the wren stance and addressed the armored fellow with the flail. He wore an ill-fitted kettle helmet and it might as well been a target for the former bandit. He raised his rapier in a feint, then flicked his wrist towards the eye slot. The rapier flew into it's mark and the flail user squawked.

"No mercy now."

OOC12 damage! Boink!


 

 

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=7523309#post7523309
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; 05-20-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 4,986
Kerri Ambercrowne
left-aligned image
Our maidenly warrior shifts diagonally to her right. Grasping her warhammer tightly in gauntleted hand!

Taking a mighty swing, Kerri brings her weapon to bear upon the two-handed axe warrior!

"Take that," she says with authority.

 

Character SheetKerri Ambercrowne
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 05-20-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Alcyone's Avatar
Alcyone Alcyone is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-06-2019
RPXP: 385
Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone
Posts: 490
oocNPC'd Kip. I have PM'd him to ask what's up.


With a quick feint and a flick of the wrist, Sjogrenard's rapier hit and opening in the helm of the flails-man. The man quickly jerked his head back and the rapier came out with blood dripping from it's end.

Newt seemed lost in thought as the spell he was conjuring popped before he was even able to let it loose.

Kerri moved up to the man with the axe and with a mighty swing she cracked the man in his ribs with a heavy blow.

Kip moved up beside Kerri with his druidic energy already flowing through his quarterstaff. With the man still off balance from Kerri's heavy blow, Kip swung his staff in a high arc and walloped the man in the side of the neck. The man's knees buckled and he crumpled to the floor.

The man with the flail circled about Sjogrenard and then attacked twice in quick succession but Sjogrenard was ready for the attacks. He quickly leaned back out of the way of the flail's trajectory and brought up his arm to block the shortsword with his vambrace.

The bolt unleashed from the heavy crossbow and flew through the door, ricocheting off of the armor of the shield wielder before bouncing harmlessly.

"Useless..." The shield warrior said as he shot a cold glare over his shoulder. The man lunged forward toward Sjogrenard putting his body weight behind his spear strike while his shield protected his other side. The skillfully placed thrust caught Sjogrenard in the back of the leg and cut into his flesh near many vital muscles. "This one is mine." The man said to the others.

MechanicsSjogrenard takes 5 Piercing damage.
Everyone May Act.


Code:
   a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l
                                     ╔═══╦═══╦═══╗
1                                    ║   │   │   ║
                                     ╠───┼───┼───╣
2                                    ║   │Crs│   ║
 ╔═══╦═══╗           ╔═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╬───╬───┼───╣
3║   │   ║           ║↑↑↑║   │Sjo│Shi│   ║   │  ▒▒
 ╠───┼───╣           ╠═─═╬───┼───┼───┼───╬═══╩═▒▒▒
4║   │   ║           ║   │   │Fla│   │Axe║
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╦═══╦═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
5║   │   │   │   │   │   │   │Sab│Ker│Kip║  
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╩xxx╩═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
6║   │   ║           ║   │New│   │   │   ║
 ╚═══╩═══╝           ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
7                    x   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╚═══╩═══╬───╬═══╬───╣
8                            x   ║   ║↓↓↓║
                             ╠───╣   ╚═══╝
9                            ║   ║
                             ╠───╣
10                           x   x
                     ╔═══╦═══╬───╬═══╦═══╗
11                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
12                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───▒▒▒▒╣
13                   ║   │   │   │   ▒▒▒▒▒
                     ╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩▒▒▒▒▒
Initiative: Sabrina-> Sjogrenard -> Newt-> Kerri -> Kip -> Enemies

Map Key:
CRS - Crossbow Wielder - AC 12 - Full HP
SHI - Shield & Spear - AC 16 - Full HP
AXE - 2hnd Battle Axe - AC 11 - Unconscious
FLA - Flail & Shortsword - AC 14 - <50% HP

Ker - Kerri
Kip - Kip
New - Newt
Sab - Sabrina
Sjo - Sjogrenard

X - Wooden Door
▒ - Collapsed Wall / Rubble
__________________
DM of The West Marches | DM of Adventure Awaits

Last edited by Alcyone; 05-21-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 4,986
Kerri Ambercrowne
left-aligned image
Turning her bludgeoning attention to the flail-wielding foe. Taking another mighty swing, Kerri brings her weapon to bear upon the villainous thug! But alas, her warhammer swings wide of its intended mark!

 

Character SheetKerri Ambercrowne
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 05-21-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Anthrueser's Avatar
Anthrueser Anthrueser is offline
Illithid Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2019
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
Posts: 975
Newt Melontyne
right-aligned image

Shaking his hand to numb the burn, Newt stared at the bandits, not too keen on conjuring another flame just yet. But, seeing the crossbowman firing on Kerri unhindered, the young wizard saw a good use for his magic and mumbled words of force to himself, grabbing the air before him and pulling it in with his undamaged hand.

The door behind the bandits flew shut as if by some unseen hand, blocking the crossbowman's aim and effectively making a corner to further back the bandits into.

 
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2020
RPXP: 15856
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 8,117
WIP
The Moat House Melee
right-aligned image


The magic given to Sjogrenard earlier absorbed a bit of the damage of the spear, but the spear still stung. He looked to the leader and laughed. He hoped his companions were still willing to adventure with him now that they had seen his less-than-jolly dark side. Once a bandit... He shrugged his shoulder before making an attack.

Just then, Sjogrenard felt the pull of the key head around his neck. He was going to attack the flail wielder yet again. As his rapier flicked outward in another lunge to the face, but suddenly he felt the need to alter the course towards the left shoulder seam. The altered strike pierced the man's shoulder with his trusty sword, causing another gout of blood. Sometimes it was better to be lucky than good.

"Even better to be both!" He said to no one in particular. He realized his speech was likely perceived as scatterbrained, but he cared little as long as he continued to fight well.

"FOCUS!" He roared to his friends. The door slamming shut was a smart move, and hopefully his friends would continue to focus taking out their opponents one at a time rather than taking them on individually.





 

 

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=7523309#post7523309
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; 05-22-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:00 PM
lcg16's Avatar
lcg16 lcg16 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-08-2018
RPXP: 7958
lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16
Posts: 10,196
Sabrina Lyonesse
right-aligned image
Sabrina is slow to react, delayed by her mental need to come up with a response to the accusation of having a bloody path. However, she had not successfully managed to conceive of one by the time there was a man in her face flailing about near her. Frowning her dismay at being distracted she stepped forward right into him. A slender lady, she may be, but her armour was still heavy, and when advanced with some velocity, the metal bulk could knock even heavier foes off-balance.

As she moved, she pulled her heavy blade downward off her shoulder in a cleaving stroke. She then proceeded to insist, "I know how to use a sword, I am certainly not a wench...and I do not have a bloody..." She stops there, looking down at the mess she'd just made, then continued, "Well, it is a puddle, not a path."


OOCAction: Attack Flail. 21 vs AC, 14 Slashing Damage
__________________
Note: That's a small L in my username. Not a capital I.

Last edited by lcg16; 05-22-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:18 PM
KalPurp's Avatar
KalPurp KalPurp is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2017
RPXP: 272
KalPurp KalPurp KalPurp
Posts: 116
”Kip Caspel”
left-aligned image

Watching Sjogrenard and Kerri fight, Kip began to understand why they would do so willingly. Sjog, especially, radiated might and battlefield confidence. Still though, they would have to have words after this.
Kip moved one step forward and struck out at the man holding the shield. However, his mind was one degree removed from the fight and, in spite of Sjog’s cries, his quarterstaff met the shield with an impotent thud




 
__________________
I've taken the Oath of Sangus | NPSG Graduate 808 (PF Human Ranger) | Want to play test an awesome new system being developed by some of our own RPGC members? Come join Born of Legend! New gig taking up more time than expected. Still adjusting, delays in posting likely.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Alcyone's Avatar
Alcyone Alcyone is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-06-2019
RPXP: 385
Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone Alcyone
Posts: 490
Sabrina was held back only momentarily by her thoughts of a comeback but before it came to her the downward strike hit the flail user in the back. Sabrina's greatsword bit into the man's flesh and severed the man's arm. Spinning around, the man's eyes rolled back into his skull as he fell unconscious.

Sjogrenard turned his attention the shield user and with a quick strike his rapier pierced the man's shoulder with a spurt off blood before he could raise his shield to parry the attack. The man winced in pain with a grunt.

Newt conjured an invisible hand that slammed the door shut cutting off the archer from the action.

Kip moved forward and attacked the injured shield wielder but the man made no mistake this time as he made a point of bashing Kip's quarterstaff away with his shield instead of simply dodging out of the way of the lackluster attack.

The shield user gritted his teeth as sweat ran down his brow and blood soaked the padding under his chain mail. The man lunged forward at Sjogrenard with determination but this futile strike would never injured. The spear went wide without Sjogrenard having to move a muscle.

Code:
   a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l
                                     ╔═══╦═══╦═══╗
1                                    ║   │   │   ║
                                     ╠───┼───┼───╣
2                                    ║   │   │   ║
 ╔═══╦═══╗           ╔═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╬xxx╬───┼───╣
3║   │   ║           ║↑↑↑║   │Sjo│Shi│   ║   │  ▒▒
 ╠───┼───╣           ╠═─═╬───┼───┼───┼───╬═══╩═▒▒▒
4║   │   ║           ║   │   │   │   │Kip║
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╦═══╦═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
5║   │   │   │   │   │   │   │Sab│Ker│   ║  
 ╠───┼───╬xxx╩xxx╩═══╬───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
6║   │   ║           ║   │New│   │   │   ║
 ╚═══╩═══╝           ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
7                    x   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╚═══╩═══╬───╬═══╬───╣
8                            x   ║   ║↓↓↓║
                             ╠───╣   ╚═══╝
9                            ║   ║
                             ╠───╣
10                           x   x
                     ╔═══╦═══╬───╬═══╦═══╗
11                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───┼───╣
12                   ║   │   │   │   │   ║
                     ╠───┼───┼───┼───▒▒▒▒╣
13                   ║   │   │   │   ▒▒▒▒▒
                     ╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩▒▒▒▒▒
Initiative: Sabrina-> Sjogrenard -> Newt-> Kerri -> Kip -> Enemies

Map Key:
CRS - Crossbow Wielder - AC 12 - ??
SHI - Shield & Spear - AC 16 - >75%
AXE - 2hnd Battle Axe - AC 11 - dead
FLA - Flail & Shortsword - AC 14 - dead
Ker - Kerri
Kip - Kip
New - Newt
Sab - Sabrina
Sjo - Sjogrenard

X - Wooden Door
▒ - Collapsed Wall / Rubble
__________________
DM of The West Marches | DM of Adventure Awaits
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 4,986
Kerri Ambercrowne
left-aligned image
Glaring at the spearman, our maidenly warrior maintains her warhammer at the ready! She says to the man,

“We have ya outnumbered and surrounded! Who are you, and who do you work for?! Tell us what we want to know, and we’ll spare your life!

"Be a lad now, and do the right thing!”

 

Character SheetKerri Ambercrowne
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 05-23-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB