Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28697
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Character Builder

Kaniko Munemori
Santiago Valentina

Last edited by Avner; 04-28-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:06 AM

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Name: Kane (Kaniko) Munemori
Kind: Hybrid (Upon approval)
Physical description: Kane is of japanese descent and has most of the look that would go with that lineage with an oriental complexion and features. His hair however is a stark white and he has a strange color to his irises that betray the other half of his mysterious lineage. Kane dresses finely typically in a long decrative coat with a collarless button down shirt underneath and either dress pants or Bushido style pants to allow for his art form. He has a large dragon tattoo going up his left arm and is never found without his katana or wakizashi swords favoring the longer katana.
Country of Origin: Seiikin

Powers: Kane is a master Samurai and is well trained in the art of Bushido but has also tapped into a spiritual power from his mysterious lineage that allows him to summon a dragon ancestral guardian as well as incorporate divine powers into his blade forms.

Backstory: Emperor Please correct name if neededMunemori of the Seikin providence had been a strongly opposed of both the influence of either the Nova Religiosa or the Fae in the dealings with his kingdom which was no wonder when in the year 540 AE he had been absolutely furious to find that his daughter Hayami had been found miraculously with child. The Emperor's youngest daughter had been considered the fairest in all of the Empire and while he had plenty of daughters left to bare him a grandson and heir the pregnancy of Hayami was especially odd. The empress had not had relations with any male and had only memories of pleasent dreams. The Emperor afraid his daughter might be lying brought in the best of his truth seekers who were unable to pick up any lies. The room she had slept in that month had been under its usual guard and unable to be accessed from any mundane means. The result was the Emperor blaming the Fae for somehow soiling his daughter.

When the child was born the Emperor and Empress received him with love but it was clear that there was some foreign lineage in his veins. As the boy grew it was clear that his hair was a bright white, almost translucent color and his eyes held a strange complexion to them almost seeming catlike. The boy grew strong with an eager personality and a curiosity for things he did not understand and grew in his abilities as a normal boy would learning to crawl, walk, then climb. In time however the other lineage within him began to manifest and a strange tattoo began to grow down his arm. At first Hayami tried to wash it off scrubbing at it vigorously every night. Various advisors had come in secret to examine it but prodding at it only upset the boy and when Kaniko got upset the tattoo began to glow and his eyes seemed to light up. Temper tantrums began to become major incidents as strange powers blasted his caretakers back lashing out without control or reason. The boy was quickly becoming feared among all who knew the family secret. After one particularly bad incident the Emperor knew that despite his love for the boy he must act. Declaring that Kaniko was a bastard and not of the royal line he secured what he considered any poisoning of the royal line with 'Fae trickery' while still blaming the Fae for his grandson's birth. Kaniko only at age 12 when hearing this felt betrayed by both his grandfather and mother and ran away in hopes to find his father.

As a boy he had done much exploring in the gardens and found a tunnel that went out beyond the palace. It had lead him to establish a secret hiding place in a grove that he had always went to in times when he needed solitude. When he ran away he went straight to the Cherry Blossoms and found his secret grove quickly realizing he had no idea who is father actually was and where to look. The night quickly got cold and the boy found himself alone and afraid. It was there where he was found weeping by an older Bushido Master Miyamoto Musashi who decided to take the boy in and raise him in seclusion in the way of the Samurai. The new found discipline allowed him to gain control of both his swordsmanship and inherent lineage realizing that he could summon an ancestral guardian that lived within the tattoo on his arm and focus his 'outbursts' through channeling them through his blade.

Knowing he could not return to his grandfather Kane instead became a Ronin after seeing the plight of the poor and unfortunate peasants within his grandfather's empire.

Writing Sample:

Last edited by Avner; 04-28-2020 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:09 AM

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Avner; 04-28-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:34 AM

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Name: Okwaho Kanien'kehá:ka
Kind: Human
Physical description:
Country of Origin: Chinook

Powers: Okwaho's shamonic heritage has blessed him and cursed him with the powers of a spiritual guardian of the natural world giving him the powers to interface with the spirit world and transform into both wolf and werebeast. How much control he has over such a change is up to the mood of the spirit that has bonded with him.

Backstory: There was a reason that the vampires were not eager to follow the humans across the oceans to the Western Continents, it was because they knew better. The West was protected.

In everything there is balance, light and darkness, rich and poor, war and peace, nature and civilization, and of course good and evil. In the winter of 1467 when the man who had been known as Vlad III would be reborn there was another metamorphosis taking place. Over the lands that would later be discovered and named the New World there was a people who worshiped and respected nature and the spirits found within every living thing. It was the great elders and shamans of those people who noticed first that Luna was bleeding. The moon had turn red as blood and left and crimson shadow over their people. It was then that the spirits screamed out and warned of a great evil being born, one that cared little of the balance and wished to consume everything. It was then that the elders conveined a great council where a leader of each tribe was selected and sent to a great ritual. Each of them was bonded with a great guardian spirit one that would be passed down through the generations and would be capable of fighting the evil that came.

When the refugees of the foreign lands came the spirits told them to welcome them and prepare and despite some conflicts most of the elders agreed and carved out their own place in the lands that were now crowded by those who had no where else to go. Much of what had transpired between the elders and the guardian spirits faded into folklore and legend and soon the only ones who were aware of the great mission of the spiritual guardians were those who underwent the ritual of transition.

Transition occurred when someone in the bloodline of the initial leaders of the tribes reached adulthood and were ready to accept their responsibility. On very rare cases a transition was granted in an emergency when a host was dying and a new bond needed to be created with the nearest worthy soul. Most of those chosen for such a ritual did not survive the bonding and were simply a temporary vessel until the Guardian Spirit could return home in hoped of finding a new host.

Okwaho had learned of the symbiotic relationship between spirit and host on his eighteen birthday. The kin of a great Iroquois line of warriors had inherited the wolf spirit from his father. Known as the most powerful and strong of all the Guardian Spirits it was a great honor, but it came at a price. There was a constant battle of wills between the Wolf and Man and when Okwaho was put under duress often times The Wolf took over. It was at these moments Okwaho would blackout and find himself waking up naked and in a strange place, sometimes covered in blood.

Writing Sample:

Last edited by Avner; 04-28-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Application rules
  • This year we are starting at Level 1.
  • Abilities are determined by 27 point buy (remembering that the Standard Array is one option under 27 point buy)
  • Feats are allowed (as is variant human). No alternate rules from the DMG are allowed.
  • Use max hit points at first level.
  • PHB + 1: Create your characters using the core rules of the PHB, plus no more than ONE other published resource (XGtE, VGtM, or SCAG). If you use another source, please say which you're using.
  • Use the RPGX official character sheet when building your character, and provide a link in your application. Make sure your name does not appear anywhere on the sheet. Be as clear as you can within that sheet about all calculations, including ability scores, skill ratings, and gold spending.
  • Because we are starting at level 1, you will begin with the standard equipment for your Class and Background. Later in the adventure, you will have the opportunity to purchase more gear. If you wish to spend the gold given by your class/background (e.g. a pouch and 10 gold coins), you can do so to buy items from the PHB at the prices listed there.
  • Your application should be anonymized. When you post your application, please put it under BOTH a spoiler tag AND a secret tag

• There is a MAXIMUM length of 1000 This excludes and BBcode mark-up, but DOES include any and all visible text in the applicationwords.
  • Images are not required, but may be included. Please keep them to a reasonable size, if you include any. Musical selections will likely not be considered by the judges.
  • Your character write-up should provide:
    • A backstory
    • Tell us why your character is interested in joining the Crossing Companions.
  • Applications close on Friday June 26th at 6pm EST. You may freely edit your submission up to that due date. Any edits after that time will result in disqualification.

Accent Rules

H-y
Lo- lul
W-va
Th- s/z
long syllabuls brother vs Brahhther.

left-aligned image
Name: Ralmevik Stayanoga
Sources Used: PHB + XGE
Race: Variant Human (Rashemen)
Background: Guild Artisan (Blacksmith)
Personality Trait 1: I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.
Personality Trait 2: I'm full of witty aphorisms and have a proverb for every occasion.
Ideal: Generosity. My gifts were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world. (Good)
Bond: I will gain revenge on the forces of evil that destroyed my place of business and ruined my livelihood.
Flaw:I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

Description:
Personality:

Backstory:

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Avner; 06-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.