Watching, always watching
Good People  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22759
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
December Post of the Month Nomination Thread

This is it, the place to post your nominations for the best post on RPG Crossing for December 2014.

Please review the rules for the competition and post your nominations accordingly.

Ineligible MembersThe following members are ineligible for this month's competition:

Judges
Nimlos
Chronicler
Aethera

Previous 2014 PotM Winners
January - Atalla Wanderer
February - kenneth
March - hvg3akaek
April - JFlynn
May - Captain Devonin
June - moozuba
July - stobco
August - PercyHux
September - DAquilina
October - ItsaVerb
November - Togot

Now, show us who did the best work in December!

This thread will be closed on January 1.

Last edited by Nimlos; Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old Dec 29th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16528
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Nominee: Bade
Game: Bleach: the Kotwari Wars
DM: Xian
Original: Post

Reason:
Bade's character Red has an interesting combination of personalities that each have different perspectives and motivations; some are quite hostile, while others are mere remnants of their former selves. This post touches on several of these aspects throughout, as Red mentally draws on the knowledge of one personality and putting another in its place. Meanwhile as this internal mono/dialogue occurs, she is trying to get things done despite the distractions, including carrying on a conversation complete with mental commentary from the other personalities.

Old Dec 29th, 2014, 11:32 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13883
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Nominee: phinar
Game: Among Thieves
DM: phinar
Link

Reason:
Weaving high drama between three intertwining stories here, it appears that the fire that one character set as a diversion ended up killing another player's contact, thus making life that much more difficult for him. I could just as easily have nominated this post a little up thread instead, where a disguised PC surrounded by various enemies finds himself in a Heisenburg-esque standoff.

Old Dec 30th, 2014, 01:37 AM
The contemplative one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1059
Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier
Nominee: Rebel-Soldier
Game: The Last Magocracy
GM: Rebel-Soldier
The original post is secreted.

Background:
Aden Maur, the character in the post, just stepped through a teleportation circle, fleeing the burning capital of the last magocracy, Hearthome. He followed an exodus of refugees who stepped through the same circle. However when he stepped through he found himself alone, in front of a warm fireplace and in excruciating pain. The following post is him exploring his surroundings.

Reason:
I was recommended to put this on PotM. The little details in this excerpt really make the scene an enjoyable read. Furthermore, the post is attempting to teach the player about information his character would already know but the player does not and to bring to life the history of Mundus, the world in which the game is set. If Yuul posts this month as well, this post immediately follows his.

Old Dec 30th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17711
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Nominee: Yuul
Game: The Last Magocracy
GM: Rebel Soldier
The original post is secreted.

Reason:
I've felt rather proud of this post since I wrote it, enough to nominate it here. It is, in my opinion, above and beyond my normal expectations I have for myself, as well as being far more in touch with the character I am playing here than my posts normally result in. The character here, Aden Maur, a necromancer(of which the world has its own rule and lore for), has just escaped the destruction and disastrous fall of the last magocracy's capitol at the hands of the magic hating technocrats via a portal whose destination was unknown to him. Thus he finds himself in a room that he has never seen before in a place that he does not even know where it is.

Last edited by Yuul; Dec 30th, 2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 03:17 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Nominee: kaylara
Game: Kulak-Rar: The Eternal Depths
GM: argemmedom
The original post is currently in private thread.

Reason:
I feel this is a nice character development post that makes you feel as if you were there. The character is Silvia, a baby white dragon who is learning her way via trial and error. She may be tiny and only weight five pounds, but her personality and character preceed her size.

Old Dec 31st, 2014, 03:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14060
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Name: Battlechaser
Game: Ashes of Memories - Tales of Woe
DM: Toba
Original post

Reason:

After a lot of simmering of ideas, writing, cursing and rewriting - much like writing a background - I finally managed to write this post. I'm actually quite satisfied with very proud of the result. This is the first time I even consider one of my post decent enough to enter the POTM-competition, so...

Having been solitary - and probably shunned - for ages Irene now has to deal with having her most precious possession being stolen right from under her nose and there's diddly squat she can do about it. I tried to describe how it must feel to be so powerless and accept she needs outside help, who she still considers just a tool.

Background:

Can be found here in a private thread.
For short: Irene is the ghost of a young woman, brutally murdered by a prince who hunts women for his pleasure. The city forbids her passing on to the other side, so stuck as a spectre Irene finally gets her revenge. In the Aeons that passed she found love in the form of a young sculptor named Adam. After cutting a statue in her likeness, Adam died from plague. And once again eras passed by until her statue is stolen and to retrieve it she needs outside help (from the surface since Woe has been rebuilt upon itself time after time).

Old Jan 1st, 2015, 02:34 AM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 63652
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Nominee: Darkling
Game: Carrion Crown
DM: Sassafrass
Original Post: Here

Darkling is a new player in this game, and this is her first post in-game. And shucks howdy, it's incredibly impressionable! I can only assume that's the Australian equivalent of a crazy Redneck accent. Shows off a lot about her character, and it's a Natural 20 on her first post, too. Good tidings in a horror game?

Not on your life

Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 03:22 PM
Ars artis gratia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24916
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden
Nominee: Ytterbium
Game: Secrets of Grayskull: MOTU
DM: Mountainbound
Original Post: Here

Ytterbium had to take a leave of absence from the game for a little while which worked well for his character (built around fire and the chapter he missed was underwater). This is his post upon returning and meeting back up with the party. Done in classic Ytterbium style he did not disappoint reintroducing his character back to the party.

Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 05:59 PM
"Not just a pretty face."
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Nominee: XQBitor
Game: Tales of Westeros
DM: Captain Devonin
Original: Post

The game is just getting started, and until now Anysa--the youngest of the two Hallowbrook daughters--has kept her head down, and hidden away in the carriage. However, a simple question "What would mother do?" leads her to step up, and act like a young woman instead of a little girl who needs to be protected.

Old Jan 5th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Watching, always watching
Good People  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22759
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Nominations are now closed.
Closed Thread