Game Thread Prisoners of the Drow! - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Out of the Abyss
twitter facebook
0 7 3 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Dooliwong's Avatar
Dooliwong Dooliwong is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2019
RPXP: 1840
Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong
Posts: 2,275
"Yes, perhaps that could work.." Saraniya says as she begins to run through the possibility in her mind, thankful that it finally seems to be clearing of whatever had gripped her senses before. Looking up in time to see the orc swiftly kick the little sprout, she shouts over at him "Hey! You leave him be!" Struggling to get to her feet, she nods appreciatively at the derro for the assist up but waves off his attempts to guide her away.

Her first few steps are shaky as she makes her way over to the now bowled over Sarith, but quickly regains her footing and speeds up to stand next to him. Toe to toe with the bulky orc, she stands firm next to the fallen drow and looks up to lock eyes with the aggressor. Doing her best to muster a commanding tone, her voice cracks a bit as she finds the words, "Enough. If you want any hope of getting out of this alive, you need our help and none of us will help you when you behave like such a monster." Her soft teal eyes glow in the dark with a hard edge as she stares down the best that could easily smash her flat where she stands, but she doesn't move from her spot. Instinctively, her hand at her side cups to hold the ball of flame she is unable to conjure forth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Sertrue Sertrue is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 1
Sertrue
Posts: 71
"what was that? Asterion looks down at the mycondid spore as his gentle hand pats the stool on top of what he thinks is his head. "This is unfortunate something most be done". "Do not be afraid little one" Asterion says to the myconid as he lets out a long deep sigh, closing his silver eyes in frustration of watching the events in front of him.

Last edited by Sertrue; 04-13-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Sertrue Sertrue is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 1
Sertrue
Posts: 71
The waves of the shore washing in each time with the crimson tinged hue from the usual calm blue waters. Removing and replacing the stains from the earth over, and over again. The wind blowing calmly bringing the aroma from the pyres roaring in the background intoxicating the senses with ash and debris. The wafting of the stench of death from the scattered carcasses. The screams. The unnecessary sacrifices. The tormenting nightmare rolling in each time like the now painted red shore line. No...

Asterion's Head shook to the left as all the muscle's in his nearly 500 lb frame flexed as if being burned from a red hot poker "NO" he said in a demanding tone out loud. His eyes were now open wide. The once calm and silver globes were now a bright burning yellow filled with pain, hatred, and sorrow piercing the darkness. They were fixed on Ront. Gliding like a predator stalking prey . "Pathetic coward." The grinding scratches of calcified boned from Asterion's left horn dragging across the stone wall as he spoke walking towards the front. "You've made it clear this is what you want. Picking on the small and afraid. A true warrior! Clang! Asterion's horn hitting the metallic bars of the cell. Again they rang a second and third time as he turned to face Ront standing behind Saraniya. Moving her calmly aside to face the stupid orc face to face. Looking straight down at him." What are you waiting for coward? Do it. Do it!! DOOO ITTTT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-15-2017, 10:09 PM
AwkwardPaladin's Avatar
AwkwardPaladin AwkwardPaladin is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-09-2018
RPXP: 50
AwkwardPaladin
Posts: 95
Elios tensed up. "There's no way we're escaping if we fight amongst ourselves!" he shouted at the orc.

Just in case the orc wouldn't listen to reason, he prepared to cast a spell.

 

Last edited by AwkwardPaladin; 04-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Marcust Marcust is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 151
Marcust Marcust
Posts: 279
Ront doesn't flinch or back down from Saraniyan's attempt to command the brutish creature into submission. Instead, he takes another step closer, looking down into the face of the almost naked drow - his tusks just barely touching her face he was so close. "Pointe female best...", he begins to say before the outburst of Asterion catches his attention, causing him to stand upright and use his muscular frame to encroach even further into Saraiyan's space - causing her to take one step back.

He watched Asterion's outburst with intensity as his muscles swelled with blood and his body pumped adrenaline. Ront never tangled with a minotaur before but he found himself unconsciously taking a step back from the ferocity of the once kind creature. Asterion easily moved Sara from being in front of the orc using his size, strength, and suddenly fierce demeanor and locked eyes with the orc who quickly subverted his gaze in a show of submission.

Before any could react to the situation a soft swishing sound could be heard as two crossbow bolts came flying through the front of the cell. Each bolt squarely hitting their targets, Asterion and Ront in their arms. Those in the cell can see two drow guards standing just across the stone bridge to the guard tower - already reloading for another volley and a third guard racing away toward the heart of the outpost.

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Marcust Marcust is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 151
Marcust Marcust
Posts: 279
Just after the crossbow bolts hit, both Asterion and Ront, suddenly burst into a purplish-blue fire that outlines their body but doesn't appear to be harming them. Both drow guards have their crossbows aimed at each of their targets but remain quiet - their threat clearly made. An uneasy hush falls over the cell from all the other prisoners as each seems to be holding their collective breaths to see what happens next.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Dark Dirty's Avatar
Dark Dirty Dark Dirty is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-17-2017
RPXP: 0
Dark Dirty
Posts: 35
Wizzle carefully steps back to avoid getting caught in the scuffle. She begins to grow increasingly frustrated, realizing it's going to be a difficult task to pull this group together. But she knows without some sort of cooperation, it will be almost impossible to formulate a plan and pull off an escape. Thinking intently, she considers how she could discreetly use her magic once outside the cell to get the attention of her cell mates.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Marcust Marcust is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 151
Marcust Marcust
Posts: 279
The air is thick with tension as shadows dance silently on the walls at the flickering of the drows fairie fire spells. The only sound that can be heard over the waterfall was the heavy breathing of Asterion and Ront that was beginning to slow while they each waited for the next command, any command, from their captors. A few moments pass when everyone can see movement to their left, outside of the cell. The silhouette of 3 figures can be seen crossing the rope bridge connecting the hanging tower outside your cell to the rest of the outpost, who then disappears into the tower itself.

As the figures emerge, dimly lit by the fairie fire torches all can see the familiar faces of Mistress Ilvara, Shoor, and Jorlan. Ilvara is the first to cross the wood and rope bridge onto the platform just outside the cell. Her gown flowing freely she seems to glide along the surface wearing devilish grin as she looks into the cell - her tentacled rod writhing about at her side and a scourge held firmly in her delicate looking hands. The two drow guards with the crossbow step to her left onto the stone walkway leading toward the northern watch post. Shoor stands quietly slightly behind the mistress with Jorlan behind him, still on the wooden bridge.

She stands quietly for a few tense moments looking over the cell before her gaze settles on Saraniya, then quickly shifts to Asterion and Ront. Her expression changing to one of disgust and contempt she says to the two warriors, "I expected as much from two animals BUT.." Her tone grows sterner, yet still controlled. "You dare lay a finger on a female of House Mizzrym under my guard. That will not be tolerated by any such lesser creature." She then takes a step forward with her eyes locked onto Asterion and Ront, "Saraniya, and you two stay where you are. Everything else, move to the back of the cell. Now."

Her tone was one that you knew was not to be trifled with and was not going to be asked again. The other inhabitants of the cell began to move quickly, following the mistresses order.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:03 AM
AwkwardPaladin's Avatar
AwkwardPaladin AwkwardPaladin is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-09-2018
RPXP: 50
AwkwardPaladin
Posts: 95
Two thoughts raced through Elios's head. One was to rush the drow matron the instant the cell opened. Fortunately, the more rational, second thought prevailed: he obeyed and began to step back slowly.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Sertrue Sertrue is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 1
Sertrue
Posts: 71
Upon watching the three silhouettes cross the rope bridge Asterion looks back at Ront and his cell mates saying "We all know what is about to happen here. I do not wish to die in a cell. Not today! Not any day! The cell door will be open, unlocked even. If we are to make a stand the time is now friends! Looking around the room Asterion glanced back over toward the outpost watching Mistress Ilvara, Shoor, and Jorlan walk across the wooden rope bridge.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Marcust Marcust is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 151
Marcust Marcust
Posts: 279
Only Jimjar and Eldeth seem to nod in agreement with Asterion but the others in the cell, when they notice who the trio is - avoid eye contact with the hulking minotaur.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Dooliwong's Avatar
Dooliwong Dooliwong is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2019
RPXP: 1840
Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong Dooliwong
Posts: 2,275
The sight of the Mistress temporarily causes Saraniya to freeze in fear and subconsciously drop her gaze to the stone floor at her feet. Somewhere in the back of her mind she found it academically interesting how quickly she was falling back into the motions of her homeland, wondering if she had stood down the orc expecting her perceived station to save her from serious harm. Quickly dismissing the notion though, she chances a gaze up as the cell unlocks and the Mistress strides in to, presumably, exact vengeance for violating the rules of the society.

Wrestling on the spot with how to proceed, she unwisely chooses the path of resistance, knowing full well the possibility that her actions were going to backfire on her. Painfully. As Ilvara strides in to the cell, Sara inhales sharply and takes a sidestep into her path, placing herself squarely between the so-called "animals" and the...animal. While she could not condone the orc's actions, she could more than understand the effects of the pressure they were all under, and takes a chance that he is simply mismanaging his experience. The priestess of Lloth, however, she knew to be the bigger threat to all in the area, and despite being one of the most frail among them, especially stripped of her arcane powers, knows Ilvara will likely err on the side of not killing her if she did intend to send her home. She doubted Matron Mizzrym would look kindly on this lesser priestess stealing that...joy...from her.

Standing in the path of now certain vengeance, she gulps and brings her gaze up to lock eyes with the priestess.

"No harm was done, Mistress." The veneration she puts on the final words causes a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach as she rapidly tries to remember how to play the game of survival. "The misstep was mine, I should not have interfered, and Asterion was simply looking out for the physical well being of his...better, " she says, gesturing her arm to the hulking Minotaur, and offering him a pleading gaze as she momentarily looks his way, hoping he will follow lead and deescalate the situation for his own well being. Returning her gaze back to the priestess, her body tenses as she prepares to receive the mental onslaught they so loved to inflict as punishment. Just as it feels the final muscle is locked in place, she remembers something: the priestess is also without magic in here. Maybe this is the chance they've been waiting for...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Marcust Marcust is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2017
RPXP: 151
Marcust Marcust
Posts: 279
Ilvara eyes suddenly fill with a dark fire as she snaps at Saraniya, "Silence child! You will have your opportunity to show - it mercy." As she says this the scared face drow that you've come to know as Jorlan makes his way to the cell door, withdrawing a key from a black pouch tied to his waist. The sound of metal scraping against metal can be heard, quickly followed by a loud clicking sound as the lock was released.

Jorlan cautiously opens the gate as Ilvara speaks once more in an almost motherly tone, "Saraniya, come to me." As Saraniya begins to move toward the mistress, Jorlan can be heard saying in a low tone to Asterion and Ront, "You two. Move to the door, take one step out, then don't move."

Last edited by Marcust; 04-25-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Dark Dirty's Avatar
Dark Dirty Dark Dirty is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-17-2017
RPXP: 0
Dark Dirty
Posts: 35
Being unarmed and unequipped, Wizzle realizes she has no choice but to obey the commands of her captors. She moves to the back of the cell as instructed, carefully observing her cell mates for their reactions.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 AM
AwkwardPaladin's Avatar
AwkwardPaladin AwkwardPaladin is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-09-2018
RPXP: 50
AwkwardPaladin
Posts: 95
Elios obeys as well, hoping vainly that Asterion and Ront will seize this opportunity...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB