Notices

Old Apr 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 461
Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono
Xoriat (OOC Chat)

Xoriat is known as The Far Realm because it is the plane that is the farthest from Eberron. Say whatever you want to say here. No PC or NPC will ever hear it. This is also a great place to ask the DM questions, or (in the unlikely event) point out mistakes that may have been made in posts on any of the threads.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Mythical Dreamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122
Hello all! I look forward to playing this campaign with you all!! Lillix is quite inviting, I assure you!
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
tjottawa
Hey, everyone! This is my maiden voyage, PbP-wise, so I'm uber-pumped to get my feet wet!
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Digital Vagabond

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1163
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
Glad to be aboard. I've been wanting to play a kalashtar monk for a long time. DM, I will have my character sheet finished and posted to the characters board first thing in the morning when I get home from work.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 06:46 AM
The Dustbunny of Doom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4279
Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death
Hey, guys! I'm excited to get to try out the new shardmind race, and it sounds like we got a good group of interesting characters going on.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 461
Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono
Glad to hear that everyone is excited! We still have a couple more players coming in, but I know that you are all just as eager to get started as I am.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5445
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil
Hey guys, glad to be here! Welcome back again Chrono, looking forward to another adventure.

There's alot of cool room for interesting roleplay, looking at the rest of the team. There's a Kalashtar (whom I think Shard will like) and an artificer (whom he will probably distrust at first)

In regards to the latter, it's not clear to Shard who was in charge of designing him, but later on Merrix d'Cannith is the one who creates Psiforged, so best evidence points to him. Lillix is almost certainly unaware of the project either way, but it may put her in an awkward position is Shard ever intends to confront Merrix about his creation and attempted destruction.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mythical Dreamer

Tools
User Statistics
Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122 Jayjayman122
Wow Phil, when I read your story in the recruitment thread, I basically thought the same thing. Only I thought that you may be one of the creations through necromancy. I think Lillix will be intrigued by you only to see your aberrant symbol which may cause her to believe Zorlan created you (and therefore be related to her parents death); discovering you were actually created by Merrix will put her in a deliciously uncomfortable situation. I look forward to roleplaying with you.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Digital Vagabond

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1163
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
Definitely a lot of specific Eberron flavor in the character group. Isn't our defender a warforged?
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
The Dustbunny of Doom

Tools
User Statistics
Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death Lint of Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryptik View Post
Definitely a lot of specific Eberron flavor in the character group. Isn't our defender a warforged?
Nope, our defender's a human warden. Funnily enough, we don't have ANY Warforged from a technical standpoint. We do, however, have two "shardminds" - one is reflavored as psiforged -, and therefore we still have two constructs in the party.

late edit: I have added my character sheet and character builder file to my sheets post. Also, I know Quartcyre's origins might mesh weirdly with the start of the campaign, so feel free to rewrite Quartcyre's appearance onto the battlefield as you please.

Last edited by Lint of Death; Apr 14th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
By the way, I do like the idea you put forth in the submission thread Lint, re: Shard and Quartcyre. Shard is there to observe and learn, and if he sensed something strange and unusually like himself he'd reach out and try to make contact, and Shard's communication with him make a good explanation for why he chose to take physical form in the first place.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
Question Re Preferences.

My character's warlord powers will all involve prompting an ally to attack. My preference would be to roll this attack myself to save time in a PBP environment. Is this okay with everyone?

Looking at who has viable melee basic attacks, it seems I'll mostly be using such abilities with Brak and Quarcyre. DJM, Lint of Death, how do you feel about me rolling the attacks on your behalf when I grant such an attack via Commander's Strike? If any decisions about effects need to be made, are you okay with me making those decisions (Quartcyre's beastform melee basic, for example, will shift the target: is it okay if I make that call?)

This is mostly for the sanity of the DM, and the ease at which we take out turns and receive updates.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
The Dustbunny of Doom

Tools
User Statistics
That's a good idea for my sanity, too Feel free to handle the attacks that you grant Quartcyre. You might also like to know that Dragon 384 has a ton of excellent options for warlords that like to grant attacks, in case you haven't already seen it.

If there's ever a situation where Quartcyre would refuse to attack, I'll do my best to let you know.

It's going to be pretty fun having two characters in the party who can mentally transmit secrets!
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Phil

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint of Death View Post
That's a good idea for my sanity, too Feel free to handle the attacks that you grant Quartcyre. You might also like to know that Dragon 384 has a ton of excellent options for warlords that like to grant attacks, in case you haven't already seen it.

If there's ever a situation where Quartcyre would refuse to attack, I'll do my best to let you know.

It's going to be pretty fun having two characters in the party who can mentally transmit secrets!
Three. The Monk is a Kalashtar.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Mythical Dreamer

Tools
User Statistics
Damn you all and your fancy telepathic tendencies!!