PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 28th, 2022, 11:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@MundayKnight - Re: "Barroom Talespinner" - there are taverns in the largest cities of interest in the campaign. You can relocate to work in one of them as the crusade advances to a given phase. To make the fluff match the game, substitute "crusade" for "ship", and "crusaders" for "pirates".
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Sounds perfect, honestly didnt think to ask for it to be changed and was happy with the +1 to diplomacy and the fluff of it so I won't complain.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 06:52 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I don't know if my PC "fits" into the world idea here, or that it would be a great contributor to a group... and I certainly know, it's not going to blow the top off the power structure here...

but it's becoming kind of fun for me to see him take shape, and get a feel for him. Maybe the team just needs a mascot. He could do that role.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 07:59 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27121
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I finished the mechanics of my character, including level progression all the way to level 20. I worked on Google Sheets to create her here.

Do you mind if I use my custom Character sheet rather than the RPGX one?

I need to flesh out the background so the app is not complete yet. Note that I changed one of the starting classes.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 09:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@MundayKnight - well, you chose a mechanically weak but flavorful trait -- so I thought it was worth tying in for more benefit in the Storytelling phases of the adventure.

@AdminDirk -- Characters that "blow the top off the power structure" aren't what I'm goaling on as an acceptance criteria. :-)

@LeoByron -- the character sheet as a format is OK, the default for RPGCrossing is certainly cramped for a gestalt / mythic build.

I'm a bit puzzled though as the new sheet appears to show 3 classes (which she wouldn't have at level 2).

On the leveling progression you have her apparently gestalt at levels 3-4 -- but no gestalt class is choses at level 3.

Likewise, at 7-8 you don't have a gestalt class for level 7.
Same at level 11, 15, 19.

The point you missed is that the gestalt advancement has both levels (odd and even) gestalt, not just the even level.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10324
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Name: Mitawo Kenfe

MechanicsRace: Giant AncestryHuman

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Patron: Ancestor Reverence

Ability Scores:

STR: 21 (+5) (18, Human +2, Mythic +1)
DEX: 10(0)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 10 (0)
CHA: 7 (-2)

Traits: Campaign TraitStolen Fury, Resilient, Enchanted by Giants
Primary Class: Blacksmith 2

Mythic Path: Mythic Champion 1

- Mythic Boons: You gain a single constant, permanent (transformation) form from the Alteration sphere, selected by the GM, that is thematically appropriate to the way you acquired your mythic power. Alternatively, the GM may select a basic form (limbs/speed) and apply any 3-5 Alteration traits to create a thematically appropriate form. This form is considered a natural part of your body and uses your character level as your caster level and uses your casting ability modifier or practitioner modifier (your choice, or your Charisma modifier if you lack either) to determine its effects. If the form requires the expenditure of spell points to use, you can only gain that form for a number of minutes equal to your mythic tier by spending a use of mythic power as a free action. At 3rd and 6th tiers, you gain an additional Alteration trait selected by the GM as a permanent addition to your form.Form of Power (Ex), Your ascension to mythic power allows you to survive like a native in areas related to the origin of your mythic power. For example, if your patron is a deity that resides within the Plane of Chaos, you can survive there without being subject to the negative effects of a chaotically-shifting realm. Similarly, if you achieved mythic power from a font of power in the heart of the Plane of Fire, you can survive in that Plane without you or your belongings burning and may constantly have harmless flames swirling around you. You also count as a native resident (and not extraplanar, unless it would be beneficial) for the purpose of effects that apply to native or extraplanar creatures while in relevant areas. The GM should set the exact benefits of being Native-Born, but as a general rule, you should be able to survive in and traverse relevant areas with no more difficulty or danger than any creature normally calling it home. Appropriate areas generally include specific planes or types of terrain.Native-Born (Ex)
- Mythic Abilities: As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to make a melee attack at your highest attack bonus. This is in addition to any other attacks you make this round. When making a sudden attack, you roll twice and take the better result, adding your tier to the attack roll. Damage from this attack bypasses all damage reduction.Sudden Attack (Ex), Whenever you attack a construct or object, treat its hardness (or damage reduction in the case of constructs) as 10 less than normal. Add your tier to damage rolls against constructs and objects. If you expend one use of mythic power as part of an attack against a construct or object, you treat its hardness (or damage reduction) as 0 and add double your tier to damage instead.Devastating Smash (Su)
- Mythic Feat: Power Attack (Mythic)
- Mythic Object Bond: Earthbreaker
- Mythic Drawback: Hatred vs. demon spellcasting (Campaign Trait), Phobia vs. potions (Campaign Trait)
- Mythic Quality: Flowing Power (Campaign Trait)

Negatives: Glory-Hound

Level 1

Level 2

Total Talents by level 2

Story
left-aligned image

Description:

Background:

Personality:

Sample Scene:

Last edited by Crocodile; May 13th, 2022 at 06:41 AM.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7063
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I have the mechanical parts of my Character sorted too, I think.

For the rest, I just need to do the RP Sample, which will include Cullers transformation into an Elan.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome, Crocodile. I added Mitawo Kenfe to the table of contenders.

Hey, triedtherest -- your application has "Inquisitor" listed as a feat. Can you point to the text of that? I don't see it in a list of feats and a search turns up the Inquisitor class not a feat of that name.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 01:26 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@LeoByron -- the character sheet as a format is OK, the default for RPGCrossing is certainly cramped for a gestalt / mythic build.
Perfect, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook
I'm a bit puzzled though as the new sheet appears to show 3 classes (which she wouldn't have at level 2).
At level 2, she multiclassed so has 2 classes. The 3rd listed class is a single class ability obtained via Expertise Mythic Boon. She chose the Kinetic Overload class ability of the Vector so I listed it there as a class ability.

Quote:
On the leveling progression you have her apparently gestalt at levels 3-4 -- but no gestalt class is choses at level 3.

Likewise, at 7-8 you don't have a gestalt class for level 7.
Same at level 11, 15, 19.

The point you missed is that the gestalt advancement has both levels (odd and even) gestalt, not just the even level.
Oh. My. Gawd.

When I read "Every 2 levels", I derped and thought that every other level you either gained a Mythic Rank OR a single level of Gestalt. I interpreted it in such a way that the final, level 20 build, would have 5 ranks of Mythic, 5 levels of Gestalt, or any combination which added to 10.

It looks like you end up with 10 ranks of Mythic and 10 levels of Gestalt with only the first 2 levels offering up the hard choice. (If you want all 10 ranks of Mythic)

Quote:
Every two levels of a character will be Mythic or Gestalt."
I understood that as: "At level 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, & 20 you pick one, or the other, ending with either 10 ranks of Mythic or 10 levels of Gestalt alongside your normal 20 levels of progression. But it's only a choice at level 2, isn't it?

How could someone end up not picking Gestalt? You could be Gestalt for all 20 levels? Ah man, I derped pretty hard. Am I the only one who interpreted this like that?

The clue should have been this line:

Quote:
For instance a 4th level character could be Gestalt 2 and Mythic 2.
What I missed was the inferred: "A 4th level character might also be Gestalt 4..."

Well that changes everything, doesn't it? Back to the drawing board heh.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

EDIT: I know what threw me off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic Advancement
When characters advance 2 mythic character levels, they gain (beyond their normal class levels) the following:
  • +1 mythic rank, with associated path abilities
  • 150% of the HD for each character level. This replaces the bonus hit points listed in a mythic path's description. Example: a Conscript’s d10 HD grants 15 hp.
  • +1 mythic bonus to an ability score (but the same ability score cannot be chosen in consecutive mythic ranks, so this gets split between two ability scores.)
  • +1 mythic feat slot. (This replaces the +1 feat per 2 mythic ranks progression.)
  • Mythic Bond. Choose one of the following: Companion or Object Bond.
You must advance 2 character levels to gain 1 rank of Mythic tier. I assumed you needed to advance 2 character levels to gain 1 Gestalt level.

I think the wording was fine, just a bit complex and I derped just enough to mess up. "Mythic character levels" is not really a thing. It can be made to mean: "2 character levels which you opted to select the Mythic option" but my erroneous initial assumption did not make that logical leap.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 29th, 2022 at 01:28 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Wait.

The example given states:

Quote:
Every two levels of a character will be Mythic or Gestalt. A character of higher level can mix and match. For instance a 4th level character could be Gestalt 2 and Mythic 2.
This is not possible, if Mythic 2 means Mythic RANKS (or Tiers, they are interchangeable which compounds the confusion heh).

A 4th level character could be ONE of these 3 options:

A) 4 levels of Gestalt, no Mythic ranks (Tiers).

B) 2 levels of Gestalt, 1 Mythic Rank (Tier).

C) 2 Mythic Rank (Tier).

There is no scenario where he can have 2 Gestalt AND 2 Mythic Ranks, right?

I think I understand, now.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7063
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Hey, triedtherest -- your application has "Inquisitor" listed as a feat. Can you point to the text of that? I don't see it in a list of feats and a search turns up the Inquisitor class not a feat of that name.
Ah, sorry about that, it's a Psionic Feat and one of the prerequisites for the Thrallherd Prestige Class. I have linked it now.
Let me know if I need to link anything else.

Last edited by triedtherest; Apr 29th, 2022 at 03:25 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
If it helps, Leo, I am totally confused as well on the levels/ranks/mythic/gestalt thing.

So, I just stuck with Oracle//Witch, level 2.

If I get chosen, I figure I can figure out what happens at the next level up (which would be level 4, I think... but I'll be darned if I know how to tack the Mythic onto anything yet here).
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Reworked the future progression: Character Sheet

I added 5 levels of Incanter on the levels I had neglected to choose a Gestalt Class. Mythic remains unchanged.

I have a few more important questions.

Can I retrain the Casting Tradition at level 7 to swap Bound Creature and Focus Casting for Extra Spell points and Somatic Casting, respectively? Casting Tradition should technically be a Class Feature so I think it should be possible. I'd be swapping / Retraining Extra Companion as well so I would henceforth have only 1 Conjuration Sphere Companion (plus the new Cohort from Leadership Feat)

The idea behind this is that Vivian, Veronica's deceased daughter, initially manifested as a Summon, called to her mother's side partially. At level 7, her power grew and she was able to return her to quasi-life as an Unbodied Wraith.

All Conjuration Sphere Form talents will be transferred to the remaining Companion, who will not be present for more than 10 minutes per CL when she summons him.

My other major question is in regards to the Expertise Mythic Boon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise Mythic Boon
Expertise
You gain access to a single class feature from a class or prestige class you do not have, treating your total character level as your class level for determining its effects. Archetypes of that class are valid sources. Features from prestige classes subtract the minimum number of levels required to enter the prestige class (usually 5) from your total character level before determining the feature's effects. You must meet any other prerequisites the feature has. If it is affected by an ability modifier (such as by getting additional uses for having a high Wisdom score), you may use your highest mental ability modifier instead if that would be better. You may not gain any form of casting or talent progression through this power (such as incanter magic talents, wizard spellcasting, or spell slots/spell points), though you may gain features that modify casting (such as an incanter sphere specialization) or abilities that grant specific spell-like abilities. If the ability allows you to select from a list of options or grants more options over time, such as mageknight mystic combats or incanter bonus feats, you only gain one of those choices even if you would normally get more at higher levels. For example, you would only get one bonus feat from the incanter. Your character level must be equal to or greater than the level requirement of the feature you acquire with this boon, though it is possible to select this boon early and not get that feature until you reach the appropriate level.

Each time you gain a tier, you may choose to lose the feature you currently know and replace it with another feature, as if you had retrained this boon. You may also retrain this boon if you would ever gain that feature normally, such as by taking levels in the class that gives it. The GM must approve your choice, and at their discretion, they may choose it for you instead.

Author's Note: This does not work with options that, for example, say they grant you all of the class features for a prestige class (such as Aligned Class from the Evangelist prestige class). To put it another way, you can't wish for more wishes, and GM's should discourage wording abuses that attempt to get more power from this already-powerful option.
I've underlined the first part to highlight that an Archetype class ability is an acceptable option, which is the case for Vector's Kinetic Overload.

I highlighted the 2nd part to showcase that only when there are multiple options should only one aspect of the class ability be in play, such as the Incanter's Bonus Feats, etc...

However, Kinetic Overload presents incremental additional effects which apply to Kinetic Overload itself as the Vector gains levels and are, in fact, part of the class ability. It is akin, in my opinion, to the Incanter Sphere Specialization which grants additional effects at levels 3, 8, and 20. Expertise would grant all those effects, explicitly.

I hope you agree that the Kinetic Overload would include Focused Push, Unconscious Deflection, Force Trample, Overpowering Force, Focusing Overload, and Kinetic Burst.

These additional effects serve to make Kinetic Overload viable against increasingly resistant foes as the character advances so hopefully it will be ok.

Finally, a question regarding Object of Desire alternate racial ability of the Changeling.

It states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Object of Desire
Object of Desire The changeling adds +1 to her caster level when casting charm person and charm monster. This replaces green widow.
Could I substitute Charm Person / Charm Monster for the Enthrall Charm Talent of the Mind Sphere? Expanded Charm would make it work on some monsters too so it would be a 2 for 2 trade.

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 29th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 07:02 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
If it helps, Leo, I am totally confused as well on the levels/ranks/mythic/gestalt thing.

So, I just stuck with Oracle//Witch, level 2.

If I get chosen, I figure I can figure out what happens at the next level up (which would be level 4, I think... but I'll be darned if I know how to tack the Mythic onto anything yet here).
I got it down, now. Let me know if you need help figuring things out.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 09:22 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
I got it down, now. Let me know if you need help figuring things out.
yeah, you can help me.

Let's say we survive and advance to the next "levels".

my 2nd level Gestalt Oracle//Witch would be what then?

4th level Gestalt//Witch? What if I wanted to go Mythic?

2 Oracle//Witch, 2 Mythic?

and as a 2nd tier Mythic, I gain this?

Mythic Tier Ability Score Mythic Feat Base Mythic Abilities
1st — 1st Hard to kill, mythic power, surge +1d6
2nd 1st — Amazing initiative

Do I get my normal ability score increase as a 4th level PC? And the mythic one? Or just one or the other? And my 3rd level feat as a normal PC, then a 1st Mythic?

Hitpoints... if I choose Mythic (archmage, for example), how does that work?

Also, if I go Mythic.. I get no skill points, or BAB advancement, or save advancements?

So, I get some hitpoints, some ability score boosts, and some nice powerful feats, but... my Hitpoints are going to fall way behind, as are skills and BAB.