Old Apr 25th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Majordomo Ernestus Castillo
left-aligned image
Generally Chezina would have avoided talking to people, but seeing as the type of individual they might have been dealing with, he was more than happy to step up.

As you wish M'lord. He tilts his head down in acknowledgement of the dwarf's wishes. He then makes another similar motion to man named Bwatuzu. Ernestus Castillo. We are interested in looking in renting a property. Being that The Docks themselves might be higher priced, we'd be willing to consider the Puddles. Chezina pauses and scrunches his face at the thought. However... unpleasant... that might turn out to be, my research has led me to believe that it is one of the few places we'd be able to affordably set up Lord Yugor's budding business. We've heard you might be just the gentleman to acquire such a lease.

Chezina looked around for a second, and then leaned in before continuing. In particular we need a warehouse on the docks. Or even an Old Fishery with access into the water. Our peculiar business will firstly and primarily need such an asset as we expect to be receiving shipments, as well as we'd be shipping them out. Tell me, how do you think the residents of the Puddles would feel about the possibly having new "traffic" going in and out of the area. Surely some would appreciate the extra commerce in an area that needs revitalization?

Old Apr 28th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
UrbanizedKnave
BakeBlake has enough sense to know that business negotiations aren't his forte, nor his role in this charade. He keeps quiet during the meeting, sipping his wine and studying every detail of the Saucy Wench

Natural 1s: 6
Natural 20s: 1
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
"It's good, yes? Some of the best Absalom has to offer. For an affordable price that is." He grinned.

"So the puddles you say. They've heard plenty of promises before, I doubt they'd even notice your business unless things really did start getting better. And for that to happen, you'd have to be able to lift an entire city quarter out of the ocean!" Laughter spilled from his mouth.

"Here," he said, scrawling something on a slip of paper, "I've given you directions to the Soggy Piper. It's a rough place, but you should be able to find a man named Jared Aurun there. You'll know him when you see him. He's an older man, exudes an aura of pessimism the likes of which I've never seen before. He owns many of the waterfront property in the puddles. Used to be a rich before it all sank. I'm sure he'd be willing to give you a good deal if you mention my name."
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:22 PM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
OnrhaThe dwarf waits for Cheznia to take the paper, and takes a step towards the man who had given it to him. He offered his hand to shake, giving his a good squeeze. "Thank ya' kindly lad." He then turns back to the others, and speaks to them. "Well, Off to the Soggy Piper it is. Lead the way Majordomo." Onrha sets his empty glass down on a random table, and steps outside to wait for the others to join him. Once the door is shut behind the party, he continues to talk.

"Gettin' a good price is always nice, but keep your wits about you lads. Hate to find ourselves scammed." He can't help but chuckle, playing the part of concerned business man.
Old May 5th, 2014, 11:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Chezina nodded decidedly in certain parts of Bwatuzu's talking. Jared Aurun. He Nodded, At the Soggy Piper. He clucked his head at the word that the man was a pessimist; an indication that negotiations could go sour. Chezina took a quick bow. He picked up the scrawled piece of paper and dropped two gold pieces. Information could be valuable. Contacts even more so, and leaving without something for a man to appreciate the time given, could close doors faster than rumors of a plague. Thank you very much. He looked over to the "Lord" to ensure he was satisfied with the man's answer.

When directed he replied Yes, M'Lord! and took the lead heading out. He looked at the scrawled drawing one time and then pointed in the proper direction. This way, M'lord.
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:10 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The "merchants" made their way back across the city and into the Puddles once more. After seeing the grandeur of the rest of Absalom, the sunken quarter seemed even seedier than before. The three instinctively drew closer together and glanced around with more frequency. The Puddles was not a place to walk into unguarded.

Luckily, nobody wanted any trouble. At least not from them. Before long, the three found themselves staring into the entrance of the Soggy Piper. This early in the day the crowd was mostly dedicated alcoholics. As promised, one of them exuded a particularly negative air. Jared Aurun was a tall man, with long greasy black hair and a stubble of beard. He was dressed in well made, but heavily worn and patched clothes.

Not looking up from his beer, he grunted "Waddya want?" as the three loomed over him.
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
UrbanizedKnave
BlakeBlake turns to Ohnra and Chezina, ignoring the man seated before him. "Sirs, I'll fetch the beverages." A quick trip to the bar later, Blake returns with 2 mugs of beer for his betters, and takes a stance slightly away from the table, watching the varios goings-on of the tavern as Chezina and Ohnra begin their negotiations.

Natural 1s: 6
Natural 20s: 1
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:52 PM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Onrha They make their way to the Soggy Piper, a mission in the back of Onrhas minds, and a focus set with current goals. It looked like they were getting somewhere, and Onrha hoped they would continue in a forward motion. When he saw the greasy man, he wondered what kind of man he was before the puddles, became the puddles.

"Thank you Timmons." Onrha says to the other as he goes to fetch some drinks."Jared Aurun I take it?" He waits for a response of some kind, and continues to speak. "My name is Yugor Steelhorn, and I am looking to rent some property here in the puddles. Bwatuzu sent us your way." The dwarf keeps his back upright, and starts to speak again. He tries to pass the conversation off to Cheznia, as the further he stays in the spotlight, the more it made him uncomfortable. "Ernestus here will explain in more detail, the type of property we're looking for. Onrha waits for a response, and to see if this man really has the property they're looking for.
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:42 AM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Chezina stepped forward and gave a slight bow. Ah, yes. We are looking for a warehouse with access into the sea, preferably. An old fishery might do if it has the space. My Lord Steelhorn, is intent on starting an import export business here in the center of the civilized world. Even if it means renting property here in the Puddles...
Old May 18th, 2014, 03:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The man then looked up, a sudden gleam in his eye. "Looking for property you say?" He seemed hopeful yet wary.

"Why yes, I do so happen to have some property that I believe you will find sufficient for your task. Right on the docks in the puddles I have some warehouses and a small residence that would work well for an office."

Suddenly looking uncomfortable he continued, "They're not in the best of shape, but enterprising men such as yourself could have them easily renovated for cheap here in the Puddles."
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:57 AM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Chezina considered Jared Aurun's words. He raised his hand to his chin in consideration. Yes. This is very good. We can easily come to an agreement. However... He leans in as he says the next few words. Our finance affairs are not quite limitless. What exactly do you mean by cheap renovations? What numbers or situation are we looking at, and what type of personnel would we be needing to conduct these "renovations"?
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:43 PM

Tools
User Statistics
"Well, it depends on what you need them for," he said with a grin, warming up to the three. "If you don't mind a leaky roof then you can move right in. Otherwise you might want to hire a few men to repair it. Probably wouldn't cost more than a few gold for the labor and shingles. Say ten at the most."

He then looked shrewdly, "As for price, I can lease it to you for five gold a week, or twelve gold a month, payable at the start of each period. We could work out some sort of profit sharing arrangement, but something tells me you folks only need it for some 'short term business', am I right?"
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
I'm the Scatman!

Tools
User Statistics
Yugor SteelhornThe dwarf listens carefully to the other mans words, trying to think of what to say in regards to his prices. The price was fair, but he answered in a tone of being unsure anyways. "Ehmm... Well Lad, Twelve gold a month isn't no bad deal.. but having to pay for the repairs ourselves, that will be helping you out, especially for future renters. I'm a firm believer on leaving a place better than when I came into it. So, How about eight gold for the first month, and we'll handle getting the roof patched up. As for profit sharing, let's save that discussion for later time. If all goes according to plan, then it may not just be a short venture. At the very least, it may be a few months out of the year." The dwarf stands up, saying one last thing before he waits for a response. "So, do we have a deal?"

Last edited by Spazztick; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 08:46 PM.