RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 30th, 2022, 05:36 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19914
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
If Teema doesn't have to heal Percy, she's now close enough for me to field-test her bite attack. If she has a target to attempt the last hit on, she'll try that next.
Old May 30th, 2022, 09:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
@silverfeathers:
Concerning Galen's intent to strike the fishmen with his bow, is Galen aware that drawing his rapier and using it would be a lot more effective in actually hurting the monster that's currently killing his companion? Additionally, while I don't think purplerook would do so I am aware of a few GMs that would allow Galen to break his bow during such misusage.

If this is how you want it to play for Galen, I will not complain. However, even Teema will realize that Galen's course of action is either him playing around and intentionally holding back, him losing his head and panicking, or maybe she'd even arrive at a more unflattering interpretation of his behaviour. But I'll roll with the RP however you prefer it.

Mechanically I wasn't sure if Purplerook would allow Galen's rapier to magically appear on him since I was in the middle of rebuilding him from the UA Ranger to the TCoE Ranger as we started this room and combat. Purplerook has been gracious enough to allow that to happen so I will be substituting his rapier for his bow.

I also would have picked using the rapier first over the bow had I been 100% certain it was on my PC. Galen is normally a very logical and methodical elf when it comes to combat and assessing situations. Hence his caution in the previous room with Percy.

Using the modifiers for the rapier Galen still missed his first attack with an attack of 11 on S2.
Tower graduate #820
Old May 30th, 2022, 09:26 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
@silver:
Ah, now I understand. I had figured that basically after every room there is a reorganization scene where all characters are able to pause, go shopping and do anything they like, even skip a room. So I had thought Galen would have had all the time to make any changes and come fully equipped. This time we only skipped that scene because there were a few new characters and I had already hastily sent Teema into the next room and wouldn't have been able to RP with you anymore in the Inn. So I guess this confusion might have been my bad.

Last edited by Mindsiege; May 30th, 2022 at 09:27 PM.
Old May 30th, 2022, 09:53 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
@ElderOblex:
I was thinking for a while that my wording on Cha-kra's action block might have been the reason for how you worded Hex's. On Cha-kra I have Parry, which is a reaction that you take once you take damage. So I worded a condition for the GM after how much damage I want to take that reaction. In case of Hex's Shield he would have to decide whether he takes the reaction before he sees the damage roll. So while deciding to cast Shield based on the damage suffered would be neat, I'm not sure if it's possible. I'm sorry if me or Cha-kra caused confusion there.
Old May 30th, 2022, 10:00 PM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21011
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
@Mindsiege, thanks for clarifying! Edited my conditions.

Old May 31st, 2022, 10:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12958
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfeathers View Post
Mechanically I wasn't sure if Purplerook would allow Galen's rapier to magically appear on him since I was in the middle of rebuilding him from the UA Ranger to the TCoE Ranger as we started this room and combat. Purplerook has been gracious enough to allow that to happen so I will be substituting his rapier for his bow.
Generally, I'm forgiving of innocent mistakes by players, but not so much if I feel that the player is trying to game the system.
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 10:42 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
I would have liked trying to kill the shark instead, but since only Galen knows about the potion and I wasn't sure if he would have remembered it I went ahead and made sure Percy survived via healing spell. I've seen a ridiculous amount of 1s rolled on death saves among all my IRL games and I'll simply not risk being responsible to have a new PC die so quickly. It's unfortunate that either the magic of this room or the training from the sahuagin is keeping the shark around costing us HP, but I figure having Percy get up and maybe finishing one of the opponents might help as well as getting rid of the shark. Now I'm only worried because Teema has so little armor. She's basically asking to get beat up right now.
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:35 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 324
DancingSkeleton DancingSkeleton DancingSkeleton DancingSkeleton
@Mindsiege
Wow the heals! I do appreciate it, and also do not want Percy to die so quickly. Though sometimes we all have no recourse with the dice gods.

Well, Percy was able to put down the one Saggy. Unfortunately missed some big damage on the still healthy one but I figured I should try to at least put one down.
Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 01:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6234
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Auto crits on those that are prone - I reckon I could take another hit from the shark but those fishmen seem brutal.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 07:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedenim View Post
Auto crits on those that are prone - I reckon I could take another hit from the shark but those fishmen seem brutal.
Healing Word is your friend. Ranged Cast and bonus action.

To be clear, the auto crit is only if character is unconscious and attacker is within 5 ft.
Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 08:21 AM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
Oh yeah, I know the benefits of Healing Word over Cure Wounds. I don't think that I'll be picking it up on Teema though.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 05:30 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
@purplerook:
I can confirm, the math of your last post checks out to me.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@purplerook:
I can confirm, the math of your last post checks out to me.
The mix of second-level players boosted the gold amount. However, it is only 1/5 of the standard amount.

And Hint, Hint (the fine clothes), the next Door is likely to be a social encounter.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 07:05 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
I was going to ask, what kind of outfit is available to Teema? She has a bit of an irregular body type. She also doesn't really like putting on more than she does now, so the particulars of what exactly is available to her will highly determine if she would even consider wearing it.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I was going to ask, what kind of outfit is available to Teema? She has a bit of an irregular body type. She also doesn't really like putting on more than she does now, so the particulars of what exactly is available to her will highly determine if she would even consider wearing it.
There is a set of clothes tailored for Teema in her favorite colors and style. Ditto for the others.