Old 11-25-2019, 07:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 455
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Chindi
right-aligned image
"I am not a plant, snitch, informant or cop. I am a doctor and yes I did have a run in with The Strangler. He tried to kill me, but I came out on top. He was a mentally sick murderer and I figured it made it safer for everyone if he was behind bars instead of running free killing anyone who crosses his path.

Because I used my powers without having the police's permission I was sentenced to 14 days in jail to teach me a lesson. I don't mind making a few friends, but have no desire to make any enemies. So I guess that part is up to you.
All I want to do is my time and then go home."

Marcus switches back to normal sight and checks out the big guy, Angst, to see which aura was his. And to note which one had magic. If this turns hostile he will go invisible and do his best to stay out of the way of those with magic. Of course there could be other powers out there that could still affect him. But he will have to deal with that if and when it happens.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:44 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10011
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-Block"If you say so," Bleeder said somewhat contemptuously, though it could also have been his scandinavian accent. "A hero then, whatever. You ever thought that there are murderers in here right now? I've got some money running on your caveman cellmate having crushed some norms skull. You're gonna set him right too? Good luck with that."

The man lifted his arm to his face and licked some of the rest of the blood that had been leaking out of his fingertips of the skin.

"So you think you don't belong here, but you're like some guy shooting a burglar in the face with a shotgun. Excessive force. The law applies to us all, no?"

Bleeder shrugged. "What did you do to the strangler anyway? He must've been one of ours." The implication being that the Red Hand was a mutant or something of the sort.

The man only waited a moment or so for Chindi to answer before taking a step back.

"Watch your back Doctor," he said with a sinister smile before walking away.

OOCShortish post, but as per what I sent you in the pm I'll just need to know if you want to go and look in any of the cells specifically or do something else out of the routine. It seems reasonable to assume that whoever in here is magical will have to leave their cells some other time anyway, so it's not an urgent thing. And Chindi saw that Angst was a mutant before, but then again all of this gang are altered humans to some degree. What Chindi does know is that bleeder and angst are obviously on a different level, since the average mutant is not powerful enough to become a supervillain.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Marcus responds to the comment of The Strangler being one of them.

"If you mean a mutant or such, then no he is not one of you. He was messing with dark magic and all his victim were killed by a magic creature he summoned. He was not man enough to actually do any of the killing himself.

As for what I did to him? I gave him a small taste of what he had inflicted on others. No where near as much pain as he deserved."

Marcus has every intention of watching his back and figures he is going to spend almost all of his time in jail as a visible ghost.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-BlockBleeder had walked off and rejoined his mutant gang, leaving Marcus to finish his orders in peace. The rest of the day went by without further incident, and after another bland dinner and breakfast Marcus received the items that he had ordered through his mansions servants. Some of the packages had been opened and searched, but all in all it would make the next ten days more bearable.

With the items he had acquired some bargaining chips that helped to keep attention off his back. The flavouring packages especially could be traded for relative peace of mind like protection money to the mafia.

As for the potentially magical inmate, the next morning the person in question had to leave the cell for roll call and breakfast. It couldn't have been a less intimidating figure when Marcus finally saw him: A rather short and fat middle aged man wearing a jarmukle on his head, with watery blue eyes and long salt and pepper beard and pockmarked cheeks. He seemed to hold no particular respect amongst the other inmates, but generally remained on the "human-only" part of the block, some of which Piper had told him were "Voicers", pro Humanity and anti-mutant extremists. As he had been told by the young man with muttonchops associating with this group was a necessity for survival for "norms", so it appeared that nobody knew that the little man had any magic in him.

That night a voice woke Chindi. When he opened his eyes he found that his cellmates were not in their bunks. Instead Bleeder was standing next to his cot. To the right of the bizarre mutant there was Angst, the small bespectacled man with a twirled moustache. Under his bespoke facial hair the smaller of the two had a contemptuous little smile.

"Doctor," Angst said evenly, the harsh consonants of a german accents in his voice. "Tell me, somebody relayed to me that you can leave here any time. I find that very interesting... and advantageous. I feel like we should do business, no?"

OOCYou want to know anything about the magic guy you will need to ask around - feel free to just put that before the nightly scene.

Sorry for the slow update, a lot of people were in the holiday spirit and I kind of caught it too.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Marcus decides to watch the guy that has magic for a day or two and then if an opening comes he will approach and talk to him. Mostly to try to let things settle with Bleeder and Angst.

He was certain something would happen with Bleeder and Angst, he just didn't expect it to happen so fast.

He opens his eyes at the voice. He quickly switches to Spirit Sight to verify that these two had no magic, so would not pose a physical threat. But without knowing exactly what their powers are he is not completely certain he is safe.

He looks at Angst, not bothering to try to rise from his bed.

"I can see where one might find that ability to be advantageous in here. But I am not interested in taking any actions that may cause my stay here to be longer than it already is. But for discussion sake, I am listening."
Old 12-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-BlockBleeder huffed condescendingly and asked: "You're not interested, are you?"

"Indulging us," he went on in a mocking tone. "The Prince will let us speak though we are in his kingdom."

Angst lifted a slender hand to quiet his companion. After pausing briefly he told Marcus: "I don't care what you're interested really. I'm not in the habit of negotiating."

He rubbed his chin briefly. Before he continued he lowered his face a little towards Marcus, looking very serious: "If you really can come and go you will get us some supplies. You wouldn't like the alternative."

The bespectacled man smiled a self-assured, almost patronising smile then. The words next spoken crept into Chindis ears to ring inside his head like a giant gong struck five times: "Tell me, what are you afraid of?"

OOCI didn't go into the talk with the mage because I didn't know what Marcus was going to say to him, so for now we'll just do this scene and then everything else.

Last edited by Phettberg; 12-03-2019 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Marcus stares at Angst for a second as he fights off the mental intrusion. He turns insubstantial while remaining visible and then rises up out of the bed. He then lashes out with his hand putting it inside Angst's chest and activates his Spirit Touch and tries to drain some of the life out of Angst. Being that Angst has mental powers he is not really expecting it to get past his strong will power, but maybe will give the man enough of a warning that he is not the only one with tricks.

"I am afraid of what I might do if you ever try that again! Now except the fact that I am not going to bend to your wishes and leave me be or I will show you the full power of Chindi the Avenging Spirit!"

Last edited by Draidden; 12-03-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-Block"Ah," Angst hummed. "Resilient enough. No matter."

He watched Chindi rise out of the bed, but both he and Bleeder remained where they stood.

"Oh I'll try again, don't you worry about that. I have all the time in the world." Angst shifted his weight somewhat as Chindi threatened him, but did not seem to bite. "You can't intimidate me. I am fear. People better at it have tried."

When Chindi rose and jabbed at him he took a few steps backwards, but wasn't fast enough to avoid the hand completely. It entered his chest briefly, making him twist his face into a snarl for a second before he had stepped back and outside of Chindis reach. "Is that what you do, the ghostly touch? Well it didn't work on me."

Angst looked over to the open cell dor for a second, clicking his tongue. "How do you like your cellmates? If your ears are shut I might just have somebody take care of them." He shrugged. "We can have the whole block turned against you in no time."
Old 12-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Seeing Angst glance at the cell door Marcus gets the feeling he does not want to be caught out of his cell at night.

"My cell mates? Water boy turned on me as soon as I was in the cell and when the cell doors opened straight to you. As for the other two neither have shown an ounce of interest in me. With how you seem to have everyone in here scared of you I suppose calling out for help probably won't do much good. But I might give it try anyways."

After he stops talking he vanishes completely and then moves to just outside the cell door then he gives out a scream blasting both Angst and Bleeder with his Chindi scream.

Lets see if he likes the yell better than the touch?

Marcus glances around for something he might hold in one hand. He doesn't like the idea running through his head, but if he gets desperate enough in this situation he might have to resort to playing nasty.

Last edited by Draidden; 12-06-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-Block"Heh, shown interest? You're in the slammer, not a social club." Bleeder seemed lightly amused by this, while Angst folded his hands across his chest silently.

They both looked about when Chindi completely disappeared, and when the wave of sound rolled over them Angst tumbled backwards a few steps and into the arms of the larger man. Bleeder meanwhile had quickly ejected multiple waves of blood that ran over his entire body in concentric waves, turning him red as a rose in less than a second. The sanguine liquid all over his body rippled lightly when the scream hit, but beyond looking angry it did not seem to have inconvenienced him.

"You fool," Angst screamed as he wiggled around in the arms of Bleeder. "I'll have your head - one way or the other! I know people outside!"

It had been a very loud scream, and other voices joined Angsts momentarily as people hollered from their closed cells about the racket. A minute later a siren wailed through the block. It was soon followed by cell doors opening automatically and guards entering the block shouting about a roll call.

Bleeder quickly helped Angst move towards their own cell while the smaller man had his eyes dart around the room looking for Marcus. It turned out that Chindis cellmates were just outside, Piper and Savage sitting on a separate table from Hydroz. They filed up wordlessly and entered the cell when things were done in the same way to settle down.

When the situation was resolved one way or another the cells were locked again. The rest of the night passed without incidents, and the next morning the prisoners were let out for breakfast like normal, though it was announced that 'unstructured' time outside the cells would be limited again, leaving only three hours a day.

OOCJust taking some larger steps her to keep things rolling. There is time to approach the magic guy if you'd want to move to that, but I obviously also want to know what Chindi told the guards, who have footage of inside and outside the cell, so saw the vanishing and heard the scream and all that. They won't tell him what they are going to do about Angst and Bleeder outside their own cells, but that they are handling it.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Once Angst leaves his cell Marcus goes back in and sits back on his bed and reappears.

When the guards walk in and start asking questions he tries to act like he doesn't know what they are talking about. Then they mention the cameras and how they saw everything.

"So if you saw everything, why didn't you come in once you noticed those two out of their cell? Until wait around until after Angst tried to mentally control me and threatened me, my cell mates and everyone I know? I don't suppose that those cameras are good enough to have caught the audio of what was said?"

Once they say they are handling the issue f Angst being out of his cell and in Marcus's.

"Thank you," though I am not going to hold my breath for any results.

He then goes back to sleep, or tries to. He wishes he could stay intangible while sleeping.

The next day he asks Piper if he knows anything about the magic guy, without mentioning anything about magic. He just says the guy caught his eye and he thinks he might know him from somewhere.

He tries to keep an eye out for trouble coming form Angst and Bleeder or any of the others that seem to hang out around them.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-Block"This Prison is understaffed." The Guard was not impressed by Chindis lamentations about what had happened to him. "You've got three guys monitoring hundreds of cameras on twelve screens, so stuff slips by all the time. We'll be reviewing footage, not that it's any of your business. Big scream and the whole block waking up gets our attention anyway, and the rest yous guys needs to sort out for yourself. That's if you know what's good for you. Ain't no skin off my nose."

Later the same day Marcus was able to point Piper towards the man in question and casually ask him some question.

"That guy," Piper asked absentmindedly shuffling a deck of cards in preparation for a game that he had been looking forward to through the large parts of seclusion in the cells. "Why'd you want to know? I think he's called Ariel, but I don't know much more about 'em. I talk to the norms sometimes queueing for food or whatnot. They don't mind me much, but I never talked to that guy beyond a few word here and there."

Last edited by Phettberg; 12-10-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chindi
right-aligned image
Marcus waits for lunch and uses that to get next to Ariel. He makes comments about the food and how flavorless it is, just making small talk. He then asks if it is alright if he joins him to eat. He offers him some of the seasonings he had brought to him.

Old Today, 12:22 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Coração Island, "Little Sister" Medium Security Prison, C-BlockDuring lunch or dinnertimes the different groups of the block mixed at least to a small extend, so it wasn't out of the ordinary to make some sort of smalltalk while in queue or sitting close to each other. The bearded man mumbled some affirmatives and chuckled lightly at this comment or that, but up until they had received their food that was about all he said.

When Marcus suggested that they should sit on the same table Ariel shrugged, looking down at the package of seasoning. He wordlessly grabbed the package and after a second of hesitation went over and sat down on a table that was 'mixed' and therefore had a norm or two and some lightly altered mutants sitting on it. When he had settled there at least one other place remained free, so Marcus could join him.

He produced some freshly sealed wetwipes from his pocket and rubbed his hands down, afterwards quietly speaking a jewish prayer over the food. When this was done Ariel looked left and right, slyly paying attention to a table of heavily tattooed mutant haters, but eventually nodded silently to encourage Marcus to speak.