twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 11th, 2024, 01:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1527
tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon
Rukuz takes one look at the long climb but suddenly seems to be possessed by some strange spirit as he says to the Prince:

The dirkiest welcome is https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...22#post9839122
The bluebird can be found https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...29#post9703229
Wandering Bard is located at: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...92#post2543392
The announcement post is: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...68#post9825568 and the deadline was never specified exactly, but April 15 is best guess.

Mang says to Rukuz: " What all those funny words! Now I call you Rukuz the muddled!"

Rukuz though has already been unpossessed by the strange spirit and bonks Mang over the head with his fist. "What you say? I am Rukuz the merciless, the great leader! Look, there are Jerry and Barry now! Gpoe say about them. I think metal thing not balloon - who ever hear of balloon of metal? We talk to that one! "

The group walks to the right hand goblin, with the metal wagon.

Mang says "Hey you - Jerry or Barry what your name? "
"Gpoe say you his friend and can take us to top of mountain." Rukuz says.
"You take us there or I bonk you on head with maul" Klunk says.

Dice Mang:
d13sl6 11

Dice Rukuz:
d13sl10 10

Dice Klunk:
d13sl9 8

StatusRukuz the Merciless: Lives: 6/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore
Mang the Muddled: Lives: 5/5 Abs! 9 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 9 Farts! 5 Fabs! Pilferer
Klunk: Lives: 6/5 Abs! 12 Smarts! 7 Sneaks! 6 Farts! 8 Fabs! Pole Vault

Last edited by tordon; Apr 19th, 2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 01:44 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73485
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
right-aligned image

"Oh, that makes sense," Pimplepop says with an audible sigh of relief once his backlog of questions were answered.

But the old goblin--he says he is Barry--doesn't look too relieved.

"Hey, there! Nogob has to go bashing nogbolin's head!"

left-aligned image

"But if you've got a reason to go up," he says, putting some distance between himself and Klunk's maul, "I got the train to take you up there! And ... you say you talked to Gpoe! How's that ol' goblin doing? We had good times, my brother and I, traveling around with ol' Gpoe!"

He puts on a red conductor's hat, jumps into the front of his mountain-train, on which is written "T-Rex X-press!"

"Now, grab a seat and tell me what brings you here!" he shouts.

You hear a whistle of steam, and another great, piercing scream, but the second comes from the prince as soon as he sits inside the train.

"The voices! They're back! They're saying: These bookworms discussed a demon copperhead snake for a month! Find the original post of this discussion!"

"Hmmm, the little one is one of those, is he? A quest giver. Gpoe was one of those. He always came up with questions and we had to find the answer or he would just break down ... and soon other goblins would start hearing the voices too! Set us off on a lot of adventures, it did! I don't remember the answer to that question, though I do remember the question," Barry responds. "Jerry and I used to get those real bad. Let's see ... did you get these questions: There is one continuous recruitment game where players strive for solo attempts at glory. Find the most recent post within their designated spot for idle chatter, empty bragging, lame jokes (and introductions) or This open roleplaying game consists of two types of people: 1. The Mastermind: Is the person who has a secret word for everyone else to guess and 2. The Players: Everyone trying to guess the secret word. Find the first post explaining the rules of this game!?"

"Toot! Toot! Let's go!" Barry says, turning to all of you.

OOC
Up you go!

Barry wants to hear about your journey as you go up. The more of his three questions you can answer this round, the more positively he will respond to you.

Of course, you could decide that Barry and his train are a death trap and just walk up the mountain. Or you could walk around the mountains and move to any of the surrounding hexes.

If you choose to go around the mountain, just tell me to which hex. If you choose to walk up the mountain, then have every goblin give me a Goblin Abs/Goblin Smarts roll for each goblin. Failure means you lose a life to a rockslide, a fatal fall into a chasm, an encounter with a rogue yak ... your choice, but the result is the same...you leave a soul along the path to the summit of Mt. T-Rex.

If you choose to remain on the train, then just post what you will tell Barry and try to answer as many questions as possible by your next post.

Good luck!

Conditions: 1) Welcomed by Orc theater troupe 3) Ticket to Ride (Barry's funicular)
Team Post Count: 4/10 remain
Next Game Post: 2:00 p.m. EST, April 14

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 13th, 2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 02:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rukuz is still channeling something else:

The Kingsolver book: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...67#post9702967
Solo gamer: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...91#post9836491
Mastermind: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...69#post9267069

Rukuz: "Yes we get these questions and more. Prince say question and I say answer, How I know?"
Mang: "Gpoe me thoughy he Muddled like me! He no remember, but then he remember you! He told us. He doing great in Gob Nurse Home."
Klunk: "Beautiful Queen send us on quest to fetch T-Rex Egg! But me no smash egg, Queen wants it unbroken.
Maybe me smash T-Rex!"

The three friends make their way up the mountain in the metal box!

statsRukuz the Merciless: Lives: 6/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore
Mang the Muddled: Lives: 5/5 Abs! 9 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 9 Farts! 5 Fabs! Pilferer
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 10:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
left-aligned image
You reach the summit.

It is beautiful. The view allows you to see much of the surrounding landscape, but not too far as other mountain tops--though not quite as tall--obscure some of the view.

It is warmer than you might expect. Barry, apparently sensing that you sense this, explains, "It's the dwarves, I think. They're digging in the mountain and releasing all sorts of heat and carbon that's warming up our land. Can't just let things be, can they? And then those gnomes ... don't get me started on them! Trying to bring back the seasons and the natural order with a bunch of mumbo-jumbo hand-holding stuff that only makes things worse!"

He's quite agitated, and tries to calm himself down.

"Sorry. Sorry. Used to be when the Old Wise Goblin sat up here, I could come talk to her and she'd set me straight. But she's been gone for many years and now it's just me and my brother, and--by all the mud that's holy--my brother sure has messed up in his mind what the Old Wise Goblin taught us. Phooey!"

He pauses and looks around.

"But it sure is peaceful up here, isn't it? Now, are you goblins coming up here to collect mountain flowers, go birding, gather toad-stool specimens ... or, wait how didn't I see it earlier? Are you here to get formally married with a romantic view? I'm certified you know! Sent off to that ad back in the Mossy Stone Magazine and got my Goblin-Cleric certification, Dominion of Matrimony! So what will it be?"

Looking around, you see it is, indeed, beautiful. And Barry, indeed, seems eager to perform a ceremony. But ... there doesn't seem to be any T-Rex dino nest, nor is there a nest from which to steal a golden egg.

And the only noise you can hear, is that of a young goblin scratching a message in the earth with a stick.

"It doesn't seem to hurt as much if I write it down," he says, looking up at any goblin who comes over to see what he is doing. But even if he isn't screaming, his writing is frenetic.

Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation! Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!Find the post from the big man himself… and in it you’ll find the amount raised for the 12th annual RPGX charity drive! List this post, the exact amount raised, and the total amount raised over the past 12 years for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation!

Barry walks over to the Prince, looks down and frowns with something akin to pity.

"One of those is he, a quest giver?" the old goblin asks before trying to distract Prince Pimplepop by picking up a stick and adding in the mud-ground equivalent of marginalia, saucy drawings of centaurs and a swamp monster at the edges of Pimplepop's desperate scribbles.

OOC
What's up with this?!

If you want to spend a turn looking for a dino nest, then give me a Dino Smarts from every goblin and a Dino Sneaks from your best sneaker (I'm not saying there is a nest up here, just that rolls would be necessary IF there was one).

Or you can go down the mountain to another hex. If you do that, roll a Goblin Abs for each goblin.

Or you can give up the goblin quest and spend the rest of the game in matrimonial bliss between your characters, between one of your characters and Barry, or some other combination of the sorts. Barry's not too particular about for whom and how he performs the marriage ceremony.

Your move, gobs!

Conditions: 1) Welcomed by Orc theater troupe 3) Ticket to Ride (Barry's funicular)
Team Post Count: 3/10 remain
Next Game Post: 10:00 p.m. EST, April 16

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 15th, 2024 at 10:02 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 01:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Mang the Muddled looks around "There be no T-Rex here! Where be it?"

Rukuz the Merciless responds "It got to be here. We search. Barry, where T-Rex and nest?", but is distracted by voices in his head, and scratches out some strange symbols in the dirt next to Barry's art:

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...08#post9802608. $2361 raised for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation, total raised over the past 12 years to over $22,000!

"Me no marry any gob!" Klunk says, "I married to Maul!"

The gobs search for the nest:
Dice rukuz:
d13sl11 2

Dice mang:
d13sl11 7

Dice klunk:
d13sl8 3

Dice mangsneak:
d13sl10 10

StatusRukuz the Merciless: Lives: 6/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 05:35 PM

Tools
User Statistics
"You looking for a T-Rex nest? Why? Hmmm ... reminds me of some of the adventures Jerry, Gpoe and I got up to! One time, Gpoe got this quest in his head for us to go find some dragon skulls, so we flew 7 days in Jerry's stupid death trap ... or was it 9 ... hmmm, maybe 8 ... or ..." Barry pauses, lost in thought.

It's enough of a break for the goblins to notice that all is quiet except for a small hiss of steam coming from below the ground.

The three goblins follow it, through a pile of rocks, into a cavernous opening and into a dark cave with a pleasant reptilian odor, the breathings of a large creature and the slight sheen of a golden egg in the dark.
right-aligned image

Slowly, before you, two eyes begin to open and begin to scan the cavern, but don't seem to register your presence.

They shut again ... and Mang creeps nearer.

Just then you hear a voice behind you.

"It was 7 days! I remember it now!" You can hear the sense of triumph in Barry's voice. And after all, nothing is sweeter than something recalled after it seemed almost lost. "The young prince reminded me when he began asking ... what is it you were asking Prince Pimplepumpernickelpoppity? "

"It wants to know: Are you an upper or a downer? Where is the scoreboard post for this open roleplaying game and who is currently winning?" Pimplepop says, almost apologetically.

"I told him you gobs would probably know the answer," Barry shouts, because that is apparently how a gob makes itself heard in the dark. "Hey! What are we doing here? Are you going to steal Mary Agnes' egg? Why you doing that when you can just go down to the Dino Humane Shelter down the mountain," he asks, pointing--in the dark--to the direction that he takes to be northeast.

But it is too late, Mang has tried to take the egg ... and failed.

Two eyes blink open and remain open. Then there is a tremendous, reptilian roar.

"Run!" shouts Barry, even though his voice could barely be heard over the T-Rex's scream.

OOC
Oh no! It's a chase!

Each goblin needs to roll a goblin sneaks to get away from the T-Rex or forfeit a life.

Then you choose where you want to go when you run away.

You can jump on Barry's train and go down with him, or you can slide down another side of the mountain to go to either A-1, B-1, or C-1.

Conditions: 1) Welcomed by Orc theater troupe 3) Ticket to Ride (Barry's funicular) 4) Hunted by a T-Rex!
Team Post Count: 2/10 remain
Next Game Post: 6:00 p.m. EST, April 19

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 18th, 2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 12:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The goblins boldly flee with all the courage they can muster, which, divided between the three of them, is undefined.

Rukuz tries to berate Mang as they go, but all he can get out of his mouth is "https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...19#post9752619, but Downers are winning this time.", which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dice Klunk:
d13sl7 4

Dice Rukuz:
d13sl8 1

Dice Mang:
d13sl10 4

Once out of the cave, Rukuz tries to look at the map while he runs, but he has it turned upside down and doesn't know which way is which, but the goblins do end up sliding, tumbling, and falling (respectively) down the mountain on their way to C-1.

Dice Mang:
d13sl10 5

Dice Klunk:
d13sl13 11

Dice Rukuz:
d13sl8 12

StatusRukuz the Merciless: Lives: 5/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore

Last edited by tordon; Apr 19th, 2024 at 12:02 AM.
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 12:40 AM

Tools
User Statistics
The thing about Mang ... is that the goblin just can't fail when it comes to borrowing, or some might call it pilfering, things. Even when Mang fails ... the object somehow ends up in Mang's hands.

And that's what has happened with the egg.

Sure, nogob noticed it at first with all the yelling and the darkness and the tumbling down .. but when you land at the bottom, well, there's Mang ... and there's an egg.

And there are other things as well.

right-aligned image

As you look around, you see a lone mountain standing in the center of a barren plain.

The mountain reaches up to the sky, higher than even a bold pigeon could fly, where clouds circle its summit in a lazy dance. On closer inspection, it almost seems like the clouds are in the shape of some great dino-bird ... and soon you realize they are--not just in the shape of, but actually are great dino-birds.

A few of them playfully dive bomb toward you.

There are gobbo-kiddo nursery rhymes about these birds ... and the goblins who dared to mount and fly them.

Amid the silence, you hear only the whoosh! of cloudy wings, and then a cry from Prince Pimplepop.

"The voices! They are saying: A Bhelogan sought to crowdsource a few ideas for Outplay 2024. This user’s post suggested to make “flags” an essential part of the event. Find this user’s post and explain what is meant by “flags” in Outplay! What does it mean?"

OOC
Congrats! Mang's "pilfer" skill allows you to take the egg automatically with no danger. Nobody loses a life in the chase, but Rukuz does lose his life falling down the mountain.

Now, you have other choices to make!

If you remain on foot, you can move one hex.

If you want to try to leap onto the back of a cloud-pteranodon, you can attempt that with a Goblin Sneaks roll.

Klunk, who has pole-vaulting, automatically succeeds and gives Rukuz and Mang advantage on their rolls.

If a goblin fails the roll, they land briefly on the pteranodon, but then plummet to the ground and lose a life. The goblin can try again and again until they succeed or run out of lives. If a goblin fails and decides not to continue rolling, then all goblins must get off their pteranodons (no roll required) and join the other goblin on the land of C-1.

If a goblin successfully lands on a cloud-pteranodon, then this bird becomes their ally and mount. Cloud-Pteranodons move up to two hexes with each turn, skipping over any encounters or ignoring any imposed banishments on the first hex they cross.

And now...there's the egg!

T-Rex hatching: For the previous turn, while you falling down the mountain, roll a d4. If you get a 1, the T-Rex naturally hatches. If you get a 2, the T-Rex hatches because of the tumbling
If the T-Rex hatches during your slide down the mountain, then you must roll to see who it imprints on. Your goblins can choose to hide to avoid becoming its mother. If a goblin chooses to hide, they must make a successful Goblin Sneaks roll. After you decide and/or roll to find out who is hiding, you must roll the dice for all non-hiding goblins. The dice should be the number of goblins not hiding plus two. For example, if only Klunk is not hiding, then the dice roll would be 1d3. If none of the goblins hide, then the dice roll would be 1d5. For these rolls, Prince Pimplepop will be assigned numbers 1-2, and each goblin is assigned a number on the dice after this. Going back to the example of only Klunk not hiding, then the d3 would be rolled and the T-Rex would imprint on Pimplepop if the roll is 1-2 and on Klunk if it is a 3.

If the T-Rex does not hatch while you are tumbling, then it will hatch on the next turn automatically and we will have rolls to make depending on where you move.

Good luck with whichever rolls you attempt! Please let me know where you are headed, whether by foot or by bird.

Conditions: 1) Welcomed by Orc theater troupe 3) Ticket to Ride (Barry's funicular) 4) Hunted by a T-Rex! 5) We're expecting!
Team Post Count: 1/10 remain
Next Game Post: 1:00 a.m.. EST, April 20

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 19th, 2024 at 12:43 AM.
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 02:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dice egghatch:
d4 1

The goblins tumble down the mountain in their different techniques. Mang is sliding down, which is good, because he cradles the precious egg on his chest as he slides. But not matter how carefully he holds it, it is of no matter because the egg starts to hatch! "The egg hatching, what me do?" Mang asks.

"Hide! The dino is for the Prince!" Rukuz screams desparately.
Dice mang:
d13sl10 2

Dice klunk:
d13sl7 2

Dice rukuz:
d13sl8 4

Its not that the goblins so much as the Prince comes forward and grabs it from Mang's hands, and holds it up and looks at its eyes as they open. "Sqwaaaak!" the Dino-baby squeeks and grabs onto the Prince's nose with its beak.

Klunk first notices that the clouds are in fact dino-birds and yells with excitement! "This why I love maul! My favorite gob-rhyme, I ride bird!", and she vaults up onto one swooping cloud-bird and bonds with it. With her on-board, the flyer banks up to the flock and back down, bringing birds for Rukuz and Mang, and swooping up the Prince onto her bird to fly, dino-baby and all.

Rukuz gives an unintelligible scream as his flyer climbs into the clouds: "https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9819006 this is how I interact with others "

Dice dinobirdRukuz:
2d13kl1sl8 11, 6 (keeping 6) Total = 6

Dice dinobirdMang:
2d13kl1sl10 1, 3 (keeping 1) Total = 1

The gobs fly straight south ending in C3

statusRukuz the Merciless: Lives: 5/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore

Last edited by tordon; Apr 19th, 2024 at 03:08 AM.
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 12:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Hello? Are you my mother?
The baby hatches and immediately latches onto the prince's nose. It isn't a big nose, and it is a big baby ... but somehow it manages to stay latched on as the goblins each jump onto a cloud pteranodon and fly south.

Your flight is uneventful--but only uneventful in terms of not being hunted by a T-Rex; after all, how could you describe flying through the air on a cloud pteranodon as uneventful?

You also discover another wonderful surprise as you fly--the pteranodons are a gracious airlines. They do graceful loopity-loops in the air, but keep you safe the entire time.

After passing over a large structure with bodies and bottles strewn throughout the surrounding yard, you begin to fly over a forest and the pteranodons, though loyal and lovely, begin to flail in their strength. The descend in slow, easy spirals, taking turns in an orderly manner and landing in a small pool of water at the edge of forest where a figure stands and greets you.
left-aligned image
Graceful and puffy-faced

"Hark, twee green ones!" says an elf with a disgustingly, boringly traditionally handsome form as he steps forward and holds classical ballet position. "Have you arrived to frolic as the misty dew leaves the buds and then tiptoe through the tulips?"

When he comes closer, you can see he is one of those--an elf from the enemy tribe. You know this because his face is puffy, swollen by bee stings, as are the faces of all members of his tribe, other than the Queen and the Honey Princess.

Now...you three goblins aren't scholars, but when you see the puffy-faced elf, some memories of old stories click into place for you.

Generations ago, the goblin kingdom faced revolution. A small, splinter group of goblins decided their Queen was dorky (hey, it was the term they used at the time). Known in Goblin Lore as the Weak Ones for their unexplainable preference for dancing and forest environs, these goblins used fake information, lies, cheating and bribery to somehow persuade a few others to rise up and rebel. Of course they lost, and the Queen gave them a punishment that fit their crime--she exiled them with a bunch of gold (so they would fight over it) to an icky forest northeast of Goblinopolis. Over years, the terrible conditions of the forest deformed the Weak Ones. Their bodies were stretched out to unnatural portions, and their skin began to reek of forest material and turned a wide variety of different colors as it lost its healthy glow of green.

For many years, there were no great battles between the two goblin tribes, but constant skirmishes across the land.

Ten years after the great battle, an emissary from the Centaurs arrived with a proposal that the Queen and the Weak Crown (because none of these goblins deserved the name of "Queen") meet to arrange an eternal peace. Stupid idea, but how could the goblins resist a chance to mock and one-up the forest-flunkies in clever negotiations.

The leaders met and signed a document in blood (by the other tribe's blood was already a disgusting red). And of course the clever Queen totally outfoxed the traitor. The new tribe had to be referred to by the derogatory term of "elves." The new tribe could never enter the goblin swampland (and all the goblins had to do was promise not to invade the forest--as if they would want it anyway!). And as a sign of amity (whatever), the two tribes promised to give one another a great gift every 10 years. The first gift was 10 years ago ... the Queen tricked the elves (ha! loser-name!) into accepting a hive of swamp bees. Of course they couldn't resist this reminder of their homeland, no matter what they claimed, and the head elf soon trained the hive to follow her voice. But ... because the elves had changed their bodies and their smells, the bees no longer recognized them as goblins and attacked all the others! For 10 years, no elf has walked this land without puffy lips, a puffy face, and welts from recent stings! In diplomatic terms, getting the elves to take this gift became known as honey-pot-shock diplomacy. The elves, in turn, gifted the Queen a stupid petty box carved from some stupid smelly wood. When it was opened, nothing came out. It was just an empty box of wood--this type of insulting tribute became known in diplomatic terms as "stupid elves bearing stupid gifts."
left-aligned image
The Great Goblins Beat Elves Battle

Unrelated, soon after that, each year a goblin was born who began hearing voices in their head that would demand answers to questions or tasks. At first, of course, the goblins just ignored them. But then they discovered that these questions and quests would force others to find answers or go out and accomplish things lest they, too, began hearing voices. Nogob knows how this curse began.

When Prince Pimplepop was born, it soon became apparent that he was a Quester, one who heard the cursed voices. The first years of his life his questions were easy to answer and seemed to be about basic goblin-life knowledge that a young goblin had not yet encountered. But they became more difficult. Royal gob scholars were assigned to find answers, and few Quest-Goblins were assigned to fulfill the tasks. All of this was kept secret, because of the shame that a Prince and possible future ruler might hear voices.

But then, as goblins say, when things threaten to become bright--darkness can always be found!
right-aligned image
They call their leader The Honey Queen

The Queen and her court realized that the 20th anniversary of the Great We Beat the Elves Battle was about to arrive. They proposed to the Centaur King to arrange another meeting and another gift-giving. The first one had gone so well, so why wouldn't the second go even better?

And so the Queen and all her wise gobs came up with an idea ... they would steal back the hive they had gifted and simply regift it! It would technically meet the gifting requirements and also be a big nothing...just like the elves gave them 10 years ago. In diplomatic terms, this would be known as: In your puffy faces, elves!

Well, things didn't go as planned, which they realized when a box arrived from the elves, not empty this time, but with three Quest-Goblin heads swimming in honey.

Fortunately, Prince Pimplepop's illness provided inspiration for their next move when the voices came to him and asked: What is the most frightening animal around?

Indeed, what was the most frightening animal, the goblin scholars asked ... and then recalled stories of a terrible creature that lived on the top of a mountain mysteriously called T-Rex Mountain.

The idea was to send off Questers, have them bring back an egg, train the creature as an innocent-looking lizard who would kill on command--and who could be commanded only by the Queen.

Obviously, it was a perfect and fool-proof plan, the goblin courtiers agreed.

And, as of yet, nothing has proven otherwise.

Of course, when Barry's messenger pigeon arrived, informing them that the goblins had arrived at the mountain-top and might not make it back in time, the Queen and her courtiers recognized that there could be a problem ... so they set off to intercept the group, crossing the mud river with only a few losses, and coming to the edge of the elf forest just in time to see the cloud pteranodons arrive.

left-aligned image
The Queen has arrived for another gift-giving swindle!

"My questers!" the Queen proclaims when she sees you land, "and dear poopsy-woopsy! Follow in line ... and watch your Queen triumph over these nasty, rebellious creatures."

Before anyone can answer, the voice of Prince Pimplepop breaks the silence ... "The voices! They are saying: Got questions? Maybe 100 of them? Find the original post by “His Pigness” describing the rules of this open roleplaying game! Also, T-Rexes are cool and all, but can someone get this dino off my nose!"

OOC Finale

Team! You have landed your goblins in the middle of great intrigue and diplomatic events.

Every goblin must make a Goblin Farts roll. Those that fail, will be revealed as secret agents of the evil goblins--the elves! Those that succeed will remain loyal to their true queen!

Once your loyalties are revealed, you must declare an action and appropriate roll via a matching skill for each goblin, and narrate the success or failure of the action depending on the roll. Other than that required roll, on this post--your last post--and particularly in the Great Goblin Epic (should you choose to write it and collect the 3 points), you can choose the events, reactions, and results however you wish. What have the elves prepared as a gift in return? That's your call. Does the Centaur King arrive to preside over the ceremony? That's your call! It's all your call.

It's been a wonderful journey, and the ending is yours!

Conditions: 1) Welcomed by Orc theater troupe 3) Ticket to Ride (Barry's funicular) 4) Hunted by a T-Rex! 5) Ride the skies on your very own dino! 6) The Prince has a baby!
Team Post Count: Next post is last game post

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 19th, 2024 at 11:19 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 03:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rukuz curses when he sees the Elves! "https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...66#post3093366", then he curses again when he can't curse right.

Dice Rukuz:
d13sl10 10

Dice Mang:
d13sl6 2

Dice Klunk:
d13sl9 9

Rukuz and Klunk are agents of the Elves! Rukuz thinks that his plan would have come off much simpler had not the Elves been there too. But it was too late, the wheels were always in motion.

Dice RukuzSmarts:
d13sl11 4

Dice MangSmarts:
d13sl11 7

Dice KlunkAbs:
d13sl13 3

Rukuz straightens up, and his voice takes on a tone decidedly un-gob! He speaks in full grammatical sentences now you might almost say he sounds like an Elf himself! "Prince Pimplepop, I can only say I hope you enjoyed your journey as half as much as the pain you caused with your silly questions. And the small bite on your nose is a fraction of the bite you will sustain when Mary Agnes shows up! Yes, you thought we had given her the slip, but I have been swooping down and guiding her the whole way, she will be here any minute and identify you as the thief you purloined her child. I do think that Mary bless her heart will eat your whole family! "

The goblin queen gets an alarmed look on her face, and the courtiers gasp, but they look at each other as if to say did you hear what I heard? Do we stay?

Then Mang the Muddled steps forward. "Me know your plan the whole time. Mary will know you is the thief and bite you instead! What you say?"

"What? How did you manage that? " Rukuz replies.

"The egg! You have shell! In you bag!" Mang practically falls over laughing at the double-cross con he has all but pulled off.

But it is Klunk who saves the day for Rukuz, grabbing his bag, throwing it on the stump of a large tree, and pounding the bag, eggshell and all, into powder, which she spreads on the goblin court.

And just in time, too, because the ground starts rumbling and shaking, and Mary Agnes bursts onto the scene; she sees her precious baby latched onto the Prince's nose, and finds her first target. She takes her baby gently in her mouth and gives it a good shake, and the Prince falls right down the gullet! She then holds the dinobaby in her small foreclaws, gives him a big sniff, and then looks to find whose scent matches.

The courtiers take this opportunity to run every which way, as long as it is away from here. The Queen is left by herself, barely escaping the ruin of her palanquin as it falls to the ground.

"Rukuz! Klunk! You were my favorites, always. I knew you would succeed!" she says with some desperation. "Keep that beast away from me!"

Rukuz replies, "And here is your gift, a little larger than the one you intended for us, wouldn't you say?" as Mary Agnes starts to stalk the queen.

Rukuz turns to the elf queen, "I think its time we depart, mission done wouldn't you say?" and Rukuz, Klunk and the elves walk off into the sunset, a job well done.

Status
Rukuz the Merciless: Lives: 5/5 Abs! 7 Smarts! 10 Sneaks! 7 Farts! 9 Fabs! Goblin Lore

Last edited by tordon; Apr 23rd, 2024 at 01:27 AM.