Game Thread Chapter One - Shadow In The Sky - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Second Darkness
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:27 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
The Bouncer looked suspiciously at the very out of place Cleric that had entered the gambling hall. Namely because the man seemed to be both driving away potential applicants and also not signing up himself, which defeated the whole point of entering a gambling hall, and anyway who entered a gambling hall without participating had no place being there. That's what Saul was paying him for, that was the whole purpose of his job, that and people making it difficult for other people to gamble away their money. Still… this particular bouncer didn't act quite as fast as some of the others might have. "Whatta they care what I do wit' my money." He questioned the preachy man gruffly.

The succubus running the Bounder table gave an aw shucks at Affyria's roll. "Sorry darling, we can't all be lucky. That's two more eyes for the house then." She scooped up Affyria's bets with a flourish and tucked them away beneath the table. "Better luck next time?"

oocBeck, if you'd like feel free to make a Diplomacy check to sway the bouncer. Affyria, would you like to go another round or try your like elsewhere?
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; May 1st, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:12 AM
Eyeoffcenter Eyeoffcenter is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2017
RPXP: 148
Eyeoffcenter Eyeoffcenter
Posts: 80
MechanicsDice Roll 1:
Dice Ashe:
1d20 5
(5)
Dice Roll 2:
Dice Ashe:
1d20 15
(15)


When Ashe saw that the dealer rolled a seven, she liked her odds. After all, there were thirteen possible numbers she could roll that would result in a win and only seven that would result in a loss. So, just after the Tiefling --Was that what she was?-- rolled, she nodded her head. "I'll do the same. They say fortune doesn't favor the meek." Or was it that fortune didn't favor the stupid? She let out what was more a hard breath than a laugh and rolled her own die.

She cringed at the five sitting in front of her and flicked a single gold piece toward the dealer, grumbling. "Then again, they say a lot of things, don't they?" Ashe felt a little better seeing that the Tiefling lost too, marking her own insensitivity with a slight upward twitch of her lips. She reached into her coin purse, debating whether to move to another table for a brief moment before throwing another gold coin onto the table and rolling the die again. She had laughed at the prospect of leaving broke before and she'd be damned if she was going to embarrass herself by leaving now.

Quick StatsAshe, Level 1 Half-Drow Ranger(Wild Shadow) (Sheet)
HP: 11/11, Init: +4, Speed: 30ft Senses: Darkvision 60ft
AC: 17, Touch: 14, Flat: 13, Fort: +5, Refl: +6, Will: +2
Stats: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 11
Skills: Perception(+7), Sense Motive(+1), Stealth(+7), Intimidate(0), Climb(+6), Heal(+5), Knowledge: Dungeoneering(+6), Knowledge: Geography(+6), Knowledge: Nature(+6), Survival(+5)
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Longbow (1d8+4 damage crit x3 100ft)
Spell: norm light 20ft radius next 20ft add. +1 step light lvl, range 100ft +10ft/lvl, 1minDancing Lights, -20 penalty on stealth checks for target, +1 step light lvl for 5ft radius, range 400ft + 40/level, 1min/lvlFaerie Fire, touched object radiates darkness 20ft, 1min/lvlDarkness, 250words/min, 10min/lvlComprehend Languages, Range 60ft, concentration, up to 1min/lvlDetect Magic, Range 25ft +5ft/2 lvlsDetect Poison, 10min/lvlRead Magic
__________________
Has anyone ever told you that you're angry when you're beautiful?

Last edited by Eyeoffcenter; May 6th, 2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: spell-like abilities from half elf racial traits/feats (drow magic, elven spirit/envoy)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Exylus Exylus is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 10th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Exylus
Posts: 7
Having explored the premesis and finding no obvious signs of treachery, Victor decided he may as well use this opportunity to make a little extra coin for his travels. So he picked a table at random, and let his dice tumble.
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22

Last edited by Exylus; May 8th, 2014 at 05:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:58 PM
akaczism's Avatar
akaczism akaczism is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2017
RPXP: 52
akaczism
Posts: 24
Consternation lightly lined the cleric's face at the man's gruff way. "It's not so much what you do with your money, friend, as your attachment to your money. We ought not cling to worldly goods in such ways," he stated seriously, looking every bit as worried for the bouncers immortal soul as he actually was. Come good man, let him by to oversee the souls of the others there.

Dice diplomacy check:
1d20+8 (6)+8 Total = 14
__________________
Masters of the tide, the stars shall be our guide!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:47 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
The dealer smiled as Ashe tossed more money at the table, the more money the house made tonight the happier Saul would be, that was the whole point of the business after all. And since these two were obviously not favored by any gods of fortune she was fine to milk them for what they were worth. "We'll just have to see then won't we, best of luck." She scooped up the dice to roll them again.

In another part of the establishment, Victor seemed to be having much better luck than the two women at the Bounder table. Several wins a row put an end to the suspicious looks that the kitsune was getting, as he had gotten back not only his entire stake as well as double what he'd put down. Instead he was now getting looks of greed from the less-than-legal patrons of the establishment that were considering the hefty sum he now had in his pocket and just how easy he might be to pickpocket.

Back at the door a very confused Bouncer was staring at Beck and stumbling over his tongue. "I… well… You see… Maybe." Yes, very eloquent, he was a meatshield not a scholar okay, he just guarded the place. "It's a job." He grumbled under his breath, but an observant cleric might notice the way that he shuffled aside and looked the other way so a particularly righteous soul might easily slip past him and into the establishment to convince the real gamblers of their sins.

Saul Vancaskerkin himself had, temporarily, left the floor. Disappearing into the dark halls of the establishment with the coins that the tournament had earned the Gold Goblin so far, though with all the commission it was unlikely that he would be missed for the short time he was gone.

At one of the tables between the two women playing Bounder and Victor counting his winnings, a commotion broke out. A clatter of chips hitting the ground as a one-eyed woman speaks loudly to a man in front of her, "Oh dear, my apologies, it's just so crowded I must have tripped over someone." The man simply smiled and kneels down to help her pick them up. Barely seconds later a great flash of fireworks along the ceiling of the building, to shock and a few panicked screams from the patrons.

In the center the woman stands, now with a rapier in her hands. "All right, folks! Drop to the ground and don’t try anything stupid and we might let you live!" She cries out to the mostly blinded crowd, grim sneers on the face of both herself and the man who helped her gather her chips, as well as three others besides. Only one bouncer, distracted and conveniently looking away from the explosion by his conversation with Beck, manages to avoid being blinded. "'EY! You don't be causin' trouble!" He begins to charge towards the woman with grim determination, mace in hand.

OOC
Alright, initiative from everyone. Initiative is going to work like this; I want everyone to roll at least five rounds of initiative in the Dice Mechanics thread, that way combat can be roughly planned ahead. All enemies will be functioning on the same initiative, so that way there doesn't have to be half a dozen posts of "Thug 1 swings at Bouncer C" type posts.

Everyone also needs to make a DC 13 Will save or be blinded for
Dice Blind:
1d4+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
(4) rounds

And last but not least, a perception check might be valuable in this particular instance.

 
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; May 9th, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:35 PM
AligerousArtist AligerousArtist is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 1st, 2014
RPXP: 0
AligerousArtist
Posts: 13
Affyria made a small snorting noise that might have been a laugh at Ashe’s statement, pulling a face sympathetically at the half-drow’s equally shitty luck with dice rolls. “That they do.” She dipped her fingers into her coin purse, pulling out another gold piece and laying it nonchalantly on the edge of the table.

She was reaching for the dice when the commotion struck up a few yards away, and couldn’t help glancing over, her fingers lingering over her most recently placed gold piece. Trouble could spring up anywhere, prompted by any number of actions, but the last thing the tiefling was expecting was the blinding flash that lit up the gambling hall seconds later. The light seared against Affyria’s eyes as she reeled back out of her chair, black spots dancing across her vision. She could hear the words of the woman that had started the commotion. Blinking her eyes furiously, she groped for the legs of the table, seeking shelter to take cover under until her eyesight recovered.

Quick StatsAffyria, Level 1 Tiefling Rogue Survivalist (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +3, Speed: 30ft Senses: Darkvision (60ft)
AC: 13, Touch: 13, Flat: 10, Fort: +2, Refl: +5, Will: +1
Stats: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Acrobatics(+7), Diplomacy(+5), Disable Device(+7), Escape Artist(+7), Knowledge: Local(+5), Perception(+1), Sense Motive(+1), Sleight of Hand(+3), Stealth(+7), Swim(+6)
Condition: Blinded (4 turns)
Wielding: Spear (1d8+2 damage, crit x3, 20ft)

Last edited by AligerousArtist; Jun 22nd, 2014 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Exylus Exylus is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 10th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Exylus
Posts: 7
A commotion across the room drew Victor's eye, this could be the trouble I came here looking for, he thought to himself. A blinding flash and the woman's announcement a moment later quickly confirmed his suspicions. After muttering a quick curse at his lost eyesight and briefly lamenting the portion of his winnings he hadn't finished counted yet, Victor flipped up his table and ducked down behind his table to take some time to regain his senses and cook up a plan. He was certainly not reluctant to fight, but a blind rush was more certain to fail than trying to shoot a pistol underwater.

Quick StatsVictor, Level 1 Kitsune Gunslinger/Mysterious Stranger (Sheet)
HP: 11/11, Init: +3, Speed: 30ft Senses: Darkvision 60ft (Darkvision, Blindsight, etc.)
AC: 14, Touch: 13, Flat: 11, Fort: +3, Refl: +5, Will: +2
Stats: Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff(+7), Perception(+6), Sense Motive(+3), Stealth (+1), Survival(+6)
Condition: Blinded (4 turns)
Wielding: Pistol (1d8+4 damage, crit x4, 20ft)

Last edited by Exylus; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 05:40 PM
akaczism's Avatar
akaczism akaczism is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2017
RPXP: 52
akaczism
Posts: 24
The cleric bowed his head understandingly to the Bouncer as he passed into the main hall, holding his head up high as he scanned the crowads for any signs of unrest. It didn't take long for such signs to literally explode into the air, and in a flash the man was pushing people down to the safety of the ground and out of his way. He had some hooligans to calm down.

Quick StatsBartholomew, Level 1 Human Cleric (Sheet)
HP: 11/11, Init: +1, Speed: 20 ft Senses: --
AC: 14, Touch: 11, Flat: 13, Fort: +5, Refl: +1, Will: +5
Stats: Str 14, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 14
Skills: Diplomacy +6
Perception +4
Sense Motive +7
Stealth -2
Condition: Blinded (4)
Wielding: Morningstar (1d8+2 damage, crit x2)
Spell: Detect Poison
Guidance
Light
Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Sanctuary
Summon Monster I
Protection From Evil
__________________
Masters of the tide, the stars shall be our guide!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Eyeoffcenter Eyeoffcenter is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2017
RPXP: 148
Eyeoffcenter Eyeoffcenter
Posts: 80
When the commotion began some seconds ago, Ashe had been a bit slow to react. She'd taken a second to retrieve her gold coin from the table, of course. No one could fault her for that. Either way, she would be damned if she'd let a few thugs take her money, even if she had been content to gamble it all away a minute ago.

After getting her bearings on the situation, Ashe quickly put some distance between herself and the commotion, concealing herself behind a support pillar before firing her longbow on the one-eyed woman. She seemed to be the one in charge, after all, and the other thugs should be easy pickings once she went down. At least, that was what she thought.

Quick StatsAshe, Level 1 Half-Drow Ranger(Wild Shadow) (Sheet)
HP: 11/11, Init: +4, Speed: 30ft Senses: Darkvision 60ft
AC: 17, Touch: 14, Flat: 13, Fort: +5, Refl: +6, Will: +2
Stats: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 11
Skills: Perception(+7), Sense Motive(+1), Stealth(+7), Intimidate(0), Climb(+6), Heal(+5), Knowledge: Dungeoneering(+6), Knowledge: Geography(+6), Knowledge: Nature(+6), Survival(+5)
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Longbow (1d8+4 damage crit x3 100ft)
Spell: norm light 20ft radius next 20ft add. +1 step light lvl, range 100ft +10ft/lvl, 1minDancing Lights, -20 penalty on stealth checks for target, +1 step light lvl for 5ft radius, range 400ft + 40/level, 1min/lvlFaerie Fire, touched object radiates darkness 20ft, 1min/lvlDarkness, 250words/min, 10min/lvlComprehend Languages, Range 60ft, concentration, up to 1min/lvlDetect Magic, Range 25ft +5ft/2 lvlsDetect Poison, 10min/lvlRead Magic

 
__________________
Has anyone ever told you that you're angry when you're beautiful?

Last edited by Eyeoffcenter; Jun 19th, 2014 at 01:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Round 2As Affyria
Dice Sneak:
1d20+7 (10)+7 Total = 17
ducked down beneath the table a bouncer stumbled by her, struggling with one of the thieves. The con-man
Dice Attack:Thief:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
shoved at the guard, though the struggling of the blind but stubborn man was too much to land a solid hit. The guard swung
Dice Attack:Guard:
1d20+3 (10)+3 Total = 13
1d3+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
1d100 59
valiantly, and whether it was because he was used to fighting drunk or simply a very lucky man, he landed a solid hit on the thief, a solid crack to the man's jaw.

"On the ground on the ground! It'd be a pity to have to kill such pretty ladies here tonight yeah? No time for anything stupid." The woman brandished her rapier at the drunken and confused patrons to heard them, even as the thieves kept the guards distracted. Beck's compatriot
Dice Attack:Thief2:
1d20+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
barely managed to dodge a hit from one of the thieves, even as
Dice Attack:Thief3:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
another guard side stepped a swing from another of the crooks.
Dice Attack:Thief4:
1d20+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
A crack resounded as another thief managed to swing right by a guard to hit the wall behind him.

Though Beck's compatriot managed to dodge
Dice Attack:Guard 2:
1d20+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
1d3+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
1d100 65
he wasn't able to return fire properly, his blind swing doing little more than glancing off the man's armor. Another of the blinded guards had
Dice Attack:Guard 3:
1d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
1d100 53
more luck in striking the man hard in the temple. Though the last of them which had managed to intercept a thief seemed to be doing little more than
Dice Attack:Guard 4:
1d20+2 (3)+2 Total = 5
1d3+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
1d100 16
flailing uselessly in the crooks general direction.

While the woman was distracted by Victor's table flipping Ashe's shot struck through, piercing the woman straight through the chest, a direct shot to the heart sending her stumbling forward. "Angvar…?" Was all she managed to cough out before falling forward, unmoving and unbreathing.

From near the chest a cry of "Thuvalia!" can DC 17 perception to find sourcebe heard, but only briefly before the cage housing Old Scratch swings wide open, and the demon howls and spits angrily as he flares his wings and launches himself into flight, howling his frustration and anger to the ceiling. Kill them! Stop them! The suggestion reaches Beck's mind, DC 13 to resistcompelling him forwards into combat.


EnemyLowest AC HitTouchDamage TakenVisible WeaponsConditionsKnown Buffs
One-Eyed Woman 20 ?? 10 1d20+1, 1d6+1/19-20dmgRapier Dead
Thug 1 13 ?? 4 1d20+1 1d3+1/x2dmgUnarmed Wounded
Thug 2 ?? ?? 0 1d20+1 1d3+1/x2dmgUnarmed Normal
Thug 3 20 ?? 3 1d20+1 1d3+1/x2dmgUnarmed Wounded
Thug 4 ?? ?? 0 1d20+1 1d3+1/x2dmgUnarmed Normal
Blind for 3 more rounds
Affyria is up

 
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; Jun 18th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 01:19 AM
AligerousArtist AligerousArtist is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 1st, 2014
RPXP: 0
AligerousArtist
Posts: 13
The commotion raged around the Tiefling as she crouched beneath the table, rubbing at her eyes with the back of one clawed hand, to no avail. Panic seized at her insides and she pushed it down with deep breaths. It would pass. She just needed to stay out of sight until then; there was no sense in getting shot or stabbed because she couldn't see it coming.

Instead, she stared about with her unseeing eyes, head cocked, focused on the sounds around her. Clanging and clashing, the cracking of knuckles against flesh, a whistling noise nearby. Then a man was shouting, but above the rest of the confusion, she failed to single out his location on sound alone.

Quick StatsAffyria, Level 1 Tiefling Rogue Survivalist (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +3, Speed: 30ft Senses: Darkvision (60ft)
AC: 13, Touch: 13, Flat: 10, Fort: +2, Refl: +5, Will: +1
Stats: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Acrobatics(+7), Diplomacy(+5), Disable Device(+7), Escape Artist(+7), Knowledge: Local(+5), Perception(+1), Sense Motive(+1), Sleight of Hand(+3), Stealth(+7), Swim(+6)
Condition: Blinded (3 rounds)
Wielding: Spear (1d8+2 damage, crit x3, 20ft)

Last edited by AligerousArtist; Jun 20th, 2014 at 01:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB