Game Thread Wretched Curse : Prologue - Page 52 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Curse of Strahd
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #766  
Old Oct 6th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 28th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,424
Barry
left-aligned image

Barry couldn't see into the room, but judging from the screams he was glad he couldn't. He peaked round the door just in time to see the banshee float right on through the wall. "After her! If her only game was escape then she wouldn't have tried to floor us!" Barry ran outside and looked around the chaos. A banshee fleeing, Dixie bucking, and Aender, where was he? Barry looked around in panic, and there was, lying face down by the window. "S*"#.....Ok!...1!" he threw a As he is unconscious, healing spells are maxed. Aender gets 8 healing.healing spell to the Aender. 2!" a blast of Sacred Flameholy energy tore towards the banshee."And 3!" he dove for the Mule's reins, frightened the poor thing would bolt in terror.

 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Oct 6th, 2022 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old Oct 8th, 2022, 12:20 AM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 3337
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,745
left-aligned image

The sorce of the scream became louder and then quickly showed itself. A spectral, pale figure materialized through the front wall of the building. It headed straight for Beth, Ismark and the mules.
Her hand shook in fear and the shadow blade dissolved into nothing. Beth barely caught a glimpse of the tortured scream frozen on the face before the Banshee got too close. The mules brayed loudly but were no match to the scream of the Banshee.

She ran towards the left side of the cabin away from the Banshee leaving Ismark to try and calm the mules if he had not been frightened.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 3666
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,695
Get out of the House! The Scream is Coming from Inside of the House!
left-aligned image
Everything seems to happen at once. The banshee flows through the outer wall and floats out from under Barry's radiant attack. Revived, Aender takes a shot with his previously readied crossbow after moving ten feet to the corner of the cabin but misses. Ismark and Lucian both shriek like girls at the banshee's approach and, along with Marybeth and Dixie, bolt away from the thing. Jacob merely takes a step back and Ireena, who was holding the reigns to both mules is forced to let them go before her arm gets pulled from its socket by the fleeing Dixie. Ireena outs sword and swings in a single, awkward movement, also missing. Mara sprints from the dwelling and circles the grouping of spooked people and mules to get ahead of the thing. A fan of fire shoots from Jhorn's fingers causing Jacob and Ireena to shy back further, but the spirit is too fast. Polly emerges behind Jhorn and fires off a triple-blast of solar energy, yet only manages to strike the retreating spirit with one of them.

The banshee sees Mara then and screams in frustration as it swerves aside to avoid her in its continued flight.




OOC: The banshee avoids engaging Mara, but swerves too late to keep from entering the range of her halberd. If Mara can't pull-off a 12 damage OA, the banshee will escape into the woods - a result of my rolling poorly for everyone except the banshee.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Oct 9th, 2022 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 12:17 AM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12883
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 5,074
All nerves and adrenaline, Mara very nearly loses the creature entirely as it glides past her, only to shift her feet in time to offer one last blow at the fleeing undead. With a growl she lashes out with her polearm, hoping to take down the creature to keep it from fleeing, and more importantly, keep it from returning. Yet for all her good intentions, her swinging blade catches nothing but the falling rain as the creature disappears beyond her reach.

Standing in the rain, silhouetted against the tree line, Mara only utters one word before turning back to the cabin, "Damn."




 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter

Last edited by Starflier; Oct 10th, 2022 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 09:11 AM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,380

Aender stopped as the banshee escaped into the woods and leaned heavily against the corner of the house. Looking the direction the banshee had fled. "Are we trying to get ourselves killed. Barging into homes and waking the dead, and whatever else we can disturb? I am all for getting out of the rain but maybe we try and coordinate our efforts a bit better before rushing headlong into danger."

He stayed there a moment before stepping away and moving over towards the mules to try and help calm them. His entire body hurt and all he truly wanted to do was lie down and rest to allow his body to try and recover but several had run off at the sight and sound of the banshee on top of his near death. The group needed to collect and regroup before anyone would have a chance to rest and recover.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,
Reply With Quote
  #771  
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 04:32 PM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 3337
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,745
left-aligned image

With the Banshee gone into the woods, Bethís adrenaline started to fade from her body. She relaxed some of her clenched muscles and slowed her breathing to assist in slowing her racing heart. Coming back around the side of the cabin Beth surveyed the scattered party. Everyone seemed to be in a bit of shock or fear or anger; it was still hard to read the expressions of her new companions.

It didnít take her too long to realize a few people and a mule were missing. ďIsmark and the boy are gone, and one of the mules. We should try to find them before they get too far or the wolves get to them first,Ē Beth suggested counting heads just make sure she hadnít missed them on her first survey.

ďI can either help search for them or I can stay here and help heal anyone that needs it,Ē
she volunteered.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 07:43 PM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,380

Aender looks to Beth as she offers healing. "If you are able to offer healing I could certainly use some, if feeling well enough after I can go and search for the others or the mule, hopefully they have not gone too far. I certainly don't want to run into that banshee again, I was outside the first time and nearly died."

Sighing he moves over closer to Beth as he looks for tracks to try and follow the others or the mule, considering he isn't certain where they might have run off to.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 07:52 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 28th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,424
Barry
left-aligned image

Barry caught up with Mara as the banshee disappeared into the trees. "Damn" he said, matching her sentiment.

He made his way back to Beth."I'll go grab Dixie. She should respond to my voice more than most. No one goes alone though, and not too far. If we gotta go deeper, we all go together. There is some nasty stuff out there."

 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 01:22 AM
Grouchy's Avatar
Grouchy Grouchy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 9271
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Posts: 4,477
Jhorn Sarkany
right-aligned image

Cursing in frustration, Jhorn is about to let off some even spicier ones when he hears Marybeth's comment. "What?" he says, "What do you mean they're gone?" He makes a beeline for the last place he saw Ismark - now noting that both man and boy are indeed missing - and looks intently at the ground, seeking to see if there is some kind of tracks showing where they may have left to. "Did the scream send them off?"


Actions
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Effects:


 
__________________
02/26/2023 - New hours and position at work, might be a bit slower than before until I get used to it.

Last edited by Grouchy; Oct 11th, 2022 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 03:00 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 28th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,424
Barry
left-aligned image

We're going to need to move fast. Every second they'll get further away....
"Jhorn, with me. I'm afraid you'll scare the boy even further away...Halas, take Polly and find Lucien. He'll trust you after your fun fly and tree times. Ireena, go find your brother and take Mara. Hopefully a siblings voice will calm him. Beth, tend to Aender. Everyone, if you encounter anything bad shout so Kaleemvor can hear you! Quick now!"

 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 08:06 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 3666
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,695
Into the Darkened Forest
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Through the lack of light and pouring rain, Jhorn quickly determines that he can't make any sense of the trampled morass in front of the cabin. Luckily, Ireena speaks up. "They ran off that way," she points up a low hill that's only slightly divergent from the path you would've taken the following morning - well away from the direction the banshee had fled. "Dixie led the way with Ismark close behind. Lucian tumbled from Jacob's back and practically hit the ground running, but was still trailing the other two."

She looks to Barry who'd taken immediate charge in organizing the group. "Do you really think it wise to leave only those two inside that thing's cabin? What if it comes back while we're all out searching?"





OOC: Question about Marybeth's offer to heal - how? I don't see the Healer feat on her CS. A healer's kit (to my understanding) without the feat is simply an aid to reviving someone from 0 hp without having to make a medicine check. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Oct 11th, 2022 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 28th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,424
Barry
left-aligned image

Barry ponders Ireena's comment a brief second then decides any more time spend on it is putting Lucien, Ismark and Dixie in more peril. "Right you are!" Barry grabs on to Aender's shoulder which turns into an encouraging pat as the transference of Second level cure woundsmagic healing enters his body. "Aight. Let's go find our lost sheep. I'll take Jacob. Maybe Dixie will be calmer around a friend.
Aender, Marybeth, pick a team and let's go."
Barry starts running off hoping the rest follow. "Ireena, did they look like the were sticking together as they ran?"

 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Oct 11th, 2022 at 09:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 10:13 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12883
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 5,074
Slow to turn away from the woods where the banshee had fled, Mara eventually tears herself away at the sound of her name, joining the others as they prepare to find the missing members of their troupe. Mara wastes little time in dumping her pack inside the abandoned house, out of the rain, where she can hope to light the lantern she carries for such situations. Magic would be easier, but she doesnít have magic, she has oil, glass, steel, and flint, and she will make do.

Closing the glass to keep the burning wick from the rain, she steps back outside and turns to Ireena, ĒWhich way? There? Letís go.Ē




 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 07:09 AM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,380

Aender nodded as Barry took charge. When the healing flooded through his body he sighed. "Thanks Barry much better at least now I might be able to take a hit or two if we run into anything before keeling over."

Looking about he moved after Barry "I will go with Barry hopefully we can find them quickly, and not run into that cursed banshee on the way." It was certainly the truth after all he had not even seen the creature and it had nearly killed him. The thought of seeing or hearing it again did nothing for his confidence.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,
Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2023
RPXP: 3666
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,695
Return of the Frightened
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Barely organized and having taken only a few steps in the direction indicated by Ireena, a small voice comes from the trees. "Is it gone?" Lucian steps from behind a tree just forty-or-so feet ahead. "It's kind of scary out here, too." Pausing after only a few steps, Lucian turns his head to look back behind him.

"Come on you stubborn beast! I'll give you a carrot when we get back. **exasperated sigh** Alright! here's your damned carrot. Now come on!" A bit muffled by the distance and the rain, but you can tell it's Ismark's voice. "Good girl! That's right, let's go."

Lucian rejoins the search party just as Ismark leading Dixie comes into view.


OOC: I just barely rolled and Lucian saved to end the frightened effect on first of ten possible turns, Ismark and Dixie on the second turn. I'm assuming you're all looking to gather inside the house out of the rain, but I'd like a few posts to that effect please. Possibly ready for a LR with a set guard?

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Oct 12th, 2022 at 08:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB