Game Thread Wretched Curse : Prologue - Page 58 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Curse of Strahd
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #856  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 04:39 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,416
Barry
left-aligned image

Oh, bollocks! Thought the wood elf. Hide he could, although he'd quickly be trampled to death, or at the very least discovered and then torn limb from limb. Either way...bollocks.

He ran right. He'd be in the open but at least there's be some distance, for now. He could bloody a few snouts at once with Word of Radiance, but until that was possible he'd focus on the big dog, literally.

First, the bastard sword. Barry flung the hilt, letting his lord take the reins and deliver his wrath against these servants of the undead. Then, Sacred Flame, another smote of holy energy to send the warewolf running.


 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Nov 16th, 2022 at 04:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 06:55 AM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,378

Aender was just about to try and line up a shot on the werewolf when the branch under him suddenly gave slightly, no it didn't give the whole damn tree was moving suddenly. Grabbing on as tightly as he could as his crossbow tumbled from the tree and fell to the ground below. Somehow the tree seemed to be coming alive, his mind racing he held on as tightly as he could. Was this yet another monster demon of some sort sent to kill them as if an army of dire wolves and a werewolf were not enough. Were they such a threat to this Strahd that he felt the need to constantly pursue them.

Looking around he tried to determine a method of escape that didn't involve him leaping to the ground and becoming dire wolf food. Still he needed to retrieve his crossbow or he was even more useless to the group unable to attack from range, he had already proven to be less than effective at combat in most situation and let it left him angry and frustrated. Releasing his grip he drops down and rolls grabbing his crossbow and running towards Halas and away from the wolves behind.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 08:12 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
1975, lol
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 23909
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 10,351
Halas Fogbarrel
right-aligned image
His last spell had seemingly been shaken off by the wolf, so Halas looked at his crossbow and gaged the distance to the beasts. They were well within range now but the idea of getting one of the beasts to fall back as opposed to biting Jhorn and the others was overpowering. So, he attempted his magic again on another of the monsters.


oocMara has Bardic Inspiration


 



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Nov 19th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 11:09 PM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 13th, 2023
RPXP: 3337
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,745
left-aligned image

Beth was pleased that her spell hit, but it didnít seem to make much impact on the two wolves. She called on her necklace again and threw another fire mote at the second wolf.

She was too busy to focusing on the southern pack to pay much attention to what was happening to Polly, Mara and Jhorn.

Then the ground near her started to shake as the old dead tree started to move.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 3616
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,694
Fertilizing the Forest
left-aligned image
Mara's whirling attacks with her halberd caused the already singed DW3dire wolf to yelp, stumble, and then retreat as blood fanned up into the air. The ferocious warrioress maintained enough control to hold her departing attack on the fleeing beast as it Polly may use her reaction on an OA to finish DW3 if she wishescrawled past Polly, leaving an opening in the line that the massive werewolf leapt into - where it was another OA for Marabrutally introduced to the Half-Orc's cleaving halberd. With the rock shelf on their left, the wolves seem to be stacked in a queue, waiting their chance to attack I need your AC to match in your stat block and CS - get your stat block updated pleaseJhorn. Jhorn swings at the first beast in line and his 9 damageaxe bites into DW2the beast's shoulder, only seeming to antagonize its killing frenzy. Polly's thrust with her staff seemed to connect withDW7 - DW6 is her righthand opponent a dire wolf's windpipe, causing it to emit a choked yelp. patient defense consumes the bonus attack (as does the martial arts skill that allows for a 2nd attack) as well as a Ki point. I have her in patient defense.That was all she could do, as she found herself once again attempting to dodge some answering bite attacks. Barry I moved Barry on Tableplop the 35ft, then saw he was moved back about halfway. ?maybe the full move put him out of spell range?ran to the west before fumbling his magical bastard sword swipe, attacking empty air as the werewolf leapt forward but landed a 7 damagedamaging beam of radiance that seemed to startle the creature as it moved into Mara's halberd range. After dropping his crossbow, Aender dropped himself a couple branches before allowing himself to hit the ground. He managed to retrieve the weapon from the roiling earth where the tree was uprooting itself before I charged Aender 10ft of movement to drop from the tree and retrieve weapon, then moved him 15ft westrunning several paces to the west, ending at the bottom of the only place he has a chance of ascending the rock shelfthe climbable channel Not really, but I'm hoping he will begin doing so in the future. This gives Mara advantage on her OA.He barely remembers in time to direct his familiar to help against the werewolf. Halas successfully levels his bardic magic at the werewolf. Just as the monstrosity leaps into Mara's cleaving halberd strike, disoriented by Barry's radiant beam from the heavens, but still with claws set to rend, the bard's spell 11 damage + the creature has already leapt into Mara's range for an OA, then back out. She doesn't get a 2nd reaction this turn, but Polly can choose the OA on him instead of DW3penetrates its simple brain and it turns and flees instead of attacking her. The second DW4 - previously awaiting its chance to attack Jhorn.dire wolf in line immediately fills the opening left by the packleader, apparently a slow learner. Marybeth Quinn fires her spell past the treant and into one of the approaching dire wolves, barely doing more than singing its fur - definitely not slowing it. It's then that I took the liberty of rolling a knowledge check for her in the secret thread.she realizes that this is no treant, but a tree blight.

Ismark and Ireena both loose arrows at the lead dire wolf running the top of the shelf towards them, but all shots are deflected by the foliage. The Tree Blight left behind a no longer the dead tree depicted on the map, but an area of difficult terrain nonethelesstwenty-foot diameter crater of soft earth as it moved into the melee. You can feel the party's collective sigh of relief while joining into it as you realize the creature is attacking the wolves. The winding roots that seem to make up its right leg suddenly whip out and around the wolf to Polly's left, dragging it quickly back to a jagged maw that bites the beast in half, both pieces dropping messily to the ground among a shower of blood and viscera.

The southwestern grouping: Shocked at the animation of the tree blight, as well as the retreat of their alpha, most of them run past the thing to join the werewolf and then follow his lead. DW10The wolf trapped inside Halas's entangled area attempts ineffectually to break free, and DW11one of its packmates cuts too close to the tree blight, for 12taking a swipe from a branch across its flanks as it it just replaced the position of the wolf that was bitten in halfcomes at Polly with a bite that misses. The other wolf next to the monk - shocked at the fate of its packmate - bites so distractedly that the Hexborn doesn't even need to dodge the missed attack. The one filling in the space of the retreating werewolf lunges at Mara, 13 damagehitting her with another bleeding bite. The massive werewolf seems to collect itself and rush back in, frustrated to find its opening filled by a packmate.

The two wolves running the upper shelf come in at Ismark simultaneously. One misses its bite as the baron pulls his leg aside in time, but the other lands a hard bite that spits his mail on the side and he cries out. He's not the only one to cry out. "Halas!" comes Ireena's desperate plea. "Help us!"

OOC
 
Don't forget about Aender's familiar offering advantage to someone's attack roll. Note: You need to say you're using it before rolling. You're not allowed to miss and then decide retroactively that you're the one using it. There's also Mara with an inspiration & Polly, Jhorn, Mara, Aender under effects of Bless. Also, if Hex is concentration then I need to CON saves from Polly to maintain.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #861  
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 08:44 AM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,378

Aender cast a glance back and saw the tree attacking the dire wolves and was shocked. It was the first time something from this land was not trying to kill them instead the tree seemed to dislike the wolves more, perhaps they urinated on him one too many times. Whatever the case it gave him a chance to try and get to Halas to offer aid to the small group up there. still he had to climb and as evidenced int eh past it was not always a simple task.

Thankfully this time seemed to be an exception and he managed to scramble up relatively easily. Still it took all his effort to do so leaving him unable to do much else to aid his companions.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 20th, 2022 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #862  
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 09:41 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
1975, lol
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 23909
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 10,351
Halas Fogbarrel
right-aligned image
"Halas! Help us!" Ireena yelled toward the bard. Dropping his crossbow, he pulled his shortsword from its sheath and ran to stand beside the beset Ismark. A bit closer to the massive beasts only made the halfling feel smaller than he normally did. Glancing at his tiny sword, a new thought pierced the battle haze. Making some gestures with his free hand which caused his fingers to bend at odd angles, Halas pulled a new spell out of his repertoire as to yet unused in Barovia. He intoned words of magic and three identical copies of himself appeared next to Isamark making four Halases for the wolves to choose from. Valor was one thing...staying alive was still on top of the halfling's list.


oocMara has Bardic Inspiration


 



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Reply With Quote
  #863  
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 10:10 AM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 3762
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,416
Barry
left-aligned image

Barry could hear Ireena's call for help and cast a spell to toast the wolf harrying Ismark.
His attention came back to the fray Infront of him and he called Kallemvor's bastard sword to come to Polly's aid.

...

...
.... ....

"Whaaaaaat?!" with all of the chaos happening around him, Barry had spared little time to look back. And there, right behind him, was a massive dang tree! Moving! Stomping forward. He gave it a nervous side ways glances as it chomped down on a wolf. He cautiously moved forward, hoping not to get in the creature's way .


 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Nov 21st, 2022 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #864  
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 08:52 PM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 13th, 2023
RPXP: 3337
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,745
left-aligned image

The southern fragment of the pack retreated as the Tree blight moved forward. Beth took the chance to relocate herself and try to give support to Jhorn, Mara and Polly whom seemed to be taking the brunt of the fight.
She loaded her crossbow again and took aim at another one of the smaller wolves. She didnít have a great shot at the leader and didnít want to risk getting too close.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820
Reply With Quote
  #865  
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 09:57 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 12883
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 5,068
Mara isn’t even certain what happens as the giant werewolf leaps towards her, and her slashing halberd, Last Turn OA on Werewolf w/advantage, 27 to hit, 9 damagefeeling the axe-head connect even as the creature tries to run away. Satisfaction at a well-timed attack is broken as she hears Ireena’s pleas, almost turning towards them before another wolf catches her with her guard down. A growl escapes the warrior’s lips as she pries it off her with the haft of the halberd and throws it back, BA - Second Wind - 12 hplucky that the wound is not worse.

”Protect them,” she calls to barely noticed companions behind her as she waves a free hand towards the nobleman and his sister. She seems to be almost purposefully ignorant of the killer tree behind her, but with a killer werewolf in front of her, Mara is simply choosing her battles.

Quickly she turns her focus to the wolf next to Jhorn, both in hopes of putting another down, but also preventing any more from circling around. The halberd spins around to deliver Attack DW2, 12 to hit, missa vicious upward strike with the spike on the back of the axe, only to find air as the creature unexpectedly lunges at her companion.


OOCBardic Inspiration used


 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter

Last edited by Starflier; Nov 22nd, 2022 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #866  
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 12:41 AM
Grouchy's Avatar
Grouchy Grouchy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 9271
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Posts: 4,477
Jhorn Sarkany
right-aligned image

Jhorn smiles with grim satisfaction as the blade of his gruesome axe sinks into the wolf's shoulder, causing it to yelp in pain. He sees Mara hacking away next to him, and blood flying from her work. Out of the corner of his eye he can see Polly who looks to be seriously wounded and doing her best to avoid the blows of the wolves attacking her. He can hear a heavy thudding approaching from behind, and he grits his teeth as he expects the worst - only to discover an animated tree of all things, attacking the wolves!

This place is insane! he thinks to himself, as he renews his attack on the DW2dire wolf he is engaged with. However, his distraction at the enormous walking tree causes him to completely flub his next blow, almost burying the blade into the dirt with his downward blow.


Actions
Move: Standing his ground.
Action: Attack with silver battle axe.
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
1d8+5 (5)+5 Total = 10

Dice Attack roll bonus due to Bless:
1d4 1

Reaction: If it looks like he's about to get his butt kicked, Shield!
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Effects: Hidden from Divination magic. Advantage on saving throws vs spells/magical effects, spell attacks vs him at disadvantage.


 
__________________
02/26/2023 - New hours and position at work, might be a bit slower than before until I get used to it.

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #867  
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 04:07 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 10527
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 6,412
Polly Titchwillow
right-aligned image

Opportunity attack vs DW3; 26 to hit, 7 damagePolly's staff lashed out towards the fleeing wolf, which, instinctually, snapped its jaw at the length of wood. Which was exactly what Polly had been waiting for- the hateful bite put the wolf's neck at an awkward angle- and one swift kick from the Hexblood made the angle even more awkward. Without making a sound, save its body impacting against the ground, the wolf lay dead. The monk allowed herself a smug little grin, before some ominous sound caught her attention.

Hearing the creaking of wood come ever closer behind her, Polly spared a moment between deflecting two sets of jaws to look over her shoulder. 'Is that tree walking,' she said, nonplussed. 'Cegilune's warty nose, I swear, this place...' Fighting off several wolves at once left little time in the monk's mind for considerations of fear or awe- this was reality now, and she had to be practical in dealing with it.

The first thing which registered in Polly's mind was that there was a werewolf and its pack in front of her. The second thing was that there was a wolf-murdering tree crawling closer behind her. The final thought in the Hexblood's considerations was that she was about to become to sandwiched between the two. 'To Cegilune's cabin with that,' Polly muttered, her voice a mix of frustration and alarm. She performed a feint at the wolves with her staff, Step of the Wind (disengage)then jumped back gracefully, kicking up dirt to dissuade the wolves from following. 'How about we let the tree be the punching bag for a while?' she muttered, avoiding the tree's wicked branches before rounding Mara, Barry and Jhorn. Seeing one wolf stubbornly refusing to get hit by either Mara or Jhorn, Polly lunged at the wolf, Attack DW2; 22 to hit, 5 damagetrying to spear the beast with her staff. It would've been a lethal blow, but unfortunately the nimble wolf moved slightly, causing Polly's weapon to find muscle rather than joint or windpipe. Nonetheless, the monk allowed herself a little smile at the wolf's pain. 'Yeah, how do you like being ganged up on for a change,' she challenged the wolf, hoping the animal would at least understand the spite in her voice.


 
 
 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 04:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #868  
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 3616
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,694
Fertilizing the Forest
left-aligned image
Aender scrambled up the chute, crossbow still in hand. He ignores Lucian's offered hand at the top - having used a handful of exposed roots instead - and pops off a shot, hitting the DW9dire wolf to Ismark's left in a 10 damagesensitive spot, eliciting a satisfying yelp. Halas created some illusory images of himself before stepping in beside Ismark, hoping to take some of the heat of his employer. Barry hit the same wolf as Aender with a 2 damageminor radiant burst, then managed to direct his spiritual bastard sword to 12 damagesome effect against DW11a wolf southwest of the hybrid. Both Jhorn and Marybeth's attacks are clean misses. Mara steps up to the plate and 9 dmg to the hybrid and a missbunts. Polly brought down DW3a fleeing wolf for good, then moved to back Jhorn by DW2 takes 5 damprodding past him with her staff. Ismark manages to land a pair of DW8 takes 17effective slashes on one of the wolves facing him, but Ireena chokes her bowshot. DW11The wolf that had been clubbed by the tree blight by running to close dodges a couple more attacks from the thing, described abovethen takes the surprise chop from Barry's Broadsword. opens self to OAIt turns to flee its position and has its spine shattered by a clubbing attack from the walking tree.

DW10The beast that had been trapped by Halas' spell manages to tear itself free, ploughing through the low-hanging branches to keep its distance from the blight and ending north of the hybrid. DW12,13,14,15The others from its grouping are now far ahead, running the rock shelf towards Ismark and Halas. Jhorn's opponent manages to grab his axe arm in its mouth, the pressure of 13 damagethe bite nearly breaking the bones beneath. Just as DW6, now engaged with Barrythe farthest western wolf darts past Mara and the tree blight to go after Barry, the massive hybrid crosses into the same zone with a great bounding leap, it's claws flashing and missing. The other dire wolf - DW4previously engaged with the Half-Orc - sneaks 11 more damageanother nasty bite past her guard. Back atop the rock shelf, DW9the wounded wolf to Ismark's left misses its bite attempt. DW8The one to his right seems to ignore Halas and his multiple new images until it perceives him as a threat, instead hits for 8going after Ismark as well.

OOC
 
Mara has an OA on DW6 as it runs by her OR the hybrid as it enters her halberd range mid-leap. Jhorn has advantage on next attack vs DW2 due to Aender's familiar helping. There's also Polly, Jhorn, Mara, Aender under effects of Bless.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Nov 25th, 2022 at 01:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #869  
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 09:58 AM
JaredSyn's Avatar
JaredSyn JaredSyn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 9796
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Posts: 10,378

Aender draws his magical dagger in his free hand as he moves forward in an effort to get to the wolf nearest Ismark's side. Shouting to Lucian as he moved "Try and find some cover or something Lucian, something to get out of their reach."

Whispering arcane words he casts one of his few offensive spells as he strikes out with his dagger hoping its magical nature helps his blade find purchase and do enough to if not kill the beast cause it to think twice about continuing its assault. He has to admit to himself a sense of satisfaction as he feels his blade sink into the beasts side a gush of its hot blood flashing back against his hand as he let the blade rest the briefest of moments before yanking it free to leave the wound bleeding freely. As he yanked teh blade free the wolf became enshrouded in a field of energy.
The werewolfs arrival gave Aender an idea nad he sent a mental note to his familiar to flank it to try and give Barry some advantage against the beast.

 


 
__________________
Current Characters: Barthal, Fezaliax, Galileo, Thorin, Vesden,

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 25th, 2022 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #870  
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 11:55 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 10527
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 6,412
Polly Titchwillow
right-aligned image

Frustrated with the wolf's penchant for evading her and her friend's attack, Attack DW2
26 to hit
12 damage
Polly lets out a primal scream and brings her staff down on the wolf, hitting it square on the head with none of her usual elegance. She heads an anguished yelp and a crack, of which she isn't certain whether it comes from her staff or the wolf's skull. Then the wolf sinks to the ground, and Polly grins. Defintely the skull, then. Her grin quickly faded, however- there were plenty of wolves left, and then there was the werewolf- and the living tree, as if they didn't have enough problems.

But this was not the time for thinking. There were still wolves between her and the werewolf, and the monk suspected the other animals wouldn't back down until their leader was dead. So, time to make a path for herself. Her hand falling to her belt, Polly quickly produced one of the small black metal knives hanging from it- much smaller than a dagger, and shaped similar to a leaf. Polly had been taught how to use the tiny weapons back during her time with the Dreaming Blossom- she just didn't like them very much. Too fidgety by far. Still, needs must, Polly thought as she threw the small knife in the air, catching it between her thumb and the knuckles of her index finger. In one quick motion she drew back her hand to her ear, Attack DW4 with a dart
Attack 28, 8 damage
then launched the projectile at the remaining wolves. 'Fetch!' she called out to them. Polly was quite certain the tiny blade wouldn't do much good- but perhaps it would cause the wolf to flinch, giving Mara the opening she needed...



 
 
 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Nov 24th, 2022 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB