Game Thread Group 1 - Ch1 - A Wandering Begins - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 03:32 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

The Hike BeginsHaving reached a form of agreement that traveling together was wise, and in everyone's interests given the uncertainties of the unknown, the group began their morning's hike. They were loaded with a new day's optimism, the future prospects of a well-made tent, a goblin's strange rumors of some former city, and company that was as diverse in skillset as it was in personality.

Sure, the weather could have been a little nicer, but at least they didn't need to trudge through a thunderstorm or anything. They had the protection of the tree canopy as well, and although the land to the northeast of Kiersap was pretty much wilderness, it wasn't completely unfamiliar, nor unpredictable. To their left as they walked, occasionally the explorers heard the gurgling waters of the river in the distance, and the songs of birds who were blessed with this union of great trees and abundant liquid refreshment...


 
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 15th, 2022 at 02:41 AM.
  #17  
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 08:23 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Oniver is supportive of a final visit to the clan. "I suppose you can see to your clan and catch up with us this afternoon. If your trusty steed is as swift as you boast, it should not be difficult; simply follow the river."

Stahl hesitates. He had decided to leave immediately, but ... "Go when you're ready, then. I'll catch up." He swings atop Bladdanser, looking down at Old Dog as the wolfkin scratches at the horse's mane. "Know anything about this wolfkin city the goblin's talking about?" He nods at the response, then kicks Bladdanser into a quick canter back through Kiersap.

He doesn't take the bend up to Hearthson Hall. He goes to the graveyard instead. He's tired of the faces of all his living relatives. He had a wife, but she grew tired of being left idle in the village while he galloped through wild lands every day while more immediately resourceful bachelors plied their trade in the city. He didn't blame her, and it was one less anchor keeping him here. All his other relatives are old, and set in their ways. He has little love for them now that a way beyond his known world has presented itself.

But there's one kinsman's face he rarely puts far from his mind. And here is the simple marker: Abjorn Hearthson. Stahl dismounts and regards the grave of his half-brother.

Abjorn was a kinder man than Stahl. More empathetic, more willing to keep the peace even when slighted or insulted. While Abjorn was still alive, Stahl had dismissed this as passiveness, even weakness. He's come to accept it could have been its own kind of strength and fortitude ... had Abjorn been born in a better place, and with a better family. Here, it did him few favours. The Heathson Clan in general is old-fashioned, greedy, and sensitive to gossip. Abjorn was no saint, his diplomacy often caving before arrogance and self-satisfaction, but he could have been a pillar of prosperity under better circumstances.

Stahl stares at the marker for some time. Abjorn's presence hangs heavy here, and would hear his words. Stahl has none to give, despite the tingle on the back of his neck. Being here is its own vigil. And now, it's for the last time. He mounts Bladdanser once again and kicks off, powering back through the town at a faster pace. He sews familiar faces in the folk, as they're all familiar faces. Terror overtakes him for a moment. Then he kicks Bladdanser into a faster pace and leaves that fear behind.

His unofficial travelling group has not gotten far, especially for Stahl's horse. "Are we off to find a lost city, then? Let's not keep it waiting." He briefly meets eyes with Oniver. "Little left to say goodbye to. In fact, better I leave as much behind and forgotten as possible. Don't be stingy with that tent, kinsman. The wilds call us all."

OOCOld Dog got in first with wanting to Lead the Way, if Chylopan still wants the roll, so Stahl is just doing narrative stuff here.

 
__________________
  #18  
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 12:23 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
The halfelf glared upon Stahl's back as his horse carried him away, with but a "Fah!" and dismissive wave, he moved forward and fell in line behind Old Dog as the group set out. He never looked back upon Keirsap again.

Though the grimace appeared permanently etched upon his face, still his narrowed eyes remained sharp as the group walked. Occasionally he would trot ahead without comment and then return a short time later. Any questions were met with a shrug and abrupt remark. Certainly he felt at ease here, in such familiar territory. It had been no idle boast when he claimed to know this land well; at the age of 75 with limited range to roam he knew it. Like the back of his hand some might say but that was too limiting. He remembered when the trees were so much shorter, when the river did not turn as sharply before the current had eroded it so. The times of plenty, the times of drought. He had lived them here within a hard walk out and back of Keirsap.

And he knew he wanted no part of them any longer.

The Blood Mist rose no more and the way was dangerous but open. He would see if there was a place in which he might wish to stay and live out his remaining century. And if fate deemed that he should meet his end; then his silent wish to not die within site of Keirsap would still be fulfilled. If that were all the peace a bitter man like he could have, then so be it.

Ah but here Stahl returned and such words of leaving Phol was surprised to find favor with. He only grunted, barely a nod, but it was something positive. Something for him to chew on, as he walked.


OOC1 success with Keep Watch



Last edited by DBCowboy; Jun 12th, 2022 at 08:45 PM.
  #19  
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

Oniver, like others in the party, watched as Stahl and Bladdanser cantered away, south, toward the Hearthson estate. The peddler took this moment to adjust his packs and give the village one last sending. His eyes fell upon the tents and stalls of the market where he had so frequently plied his trade. The few customers braving the damp moved with purpose, many with hoods drawn up over their heads, determined to finish their business and get out of the rain. His own stall, now a vacant shell of its former self, could not be seen from this angle, but Oniver wondered if its absence would be missed. Whatever wares could not be sold were either abandoned or now rode upon the peddler's back, and the stall's canvas wrapping had been stripped from its wooden frame and fashoned into a tent. The decision to leave this village behind was an abrupt one, formed almost the instant it was realized the Blood Mist had stopped. It was always believed that there were other pockets of civilization out in the world, and Oniver desired to make a fresh start within one of them. Preferably a large one.

Though there were certainly those in the village that enjoyed Oniver's company and whom he might even call "friends," there were many who regarded the merchant with distain for his shrewd business practices. On more than one occasion, a deal had turned sour, and Oniver found himself fending off a trouncing. He glanced at his potential travel companions, curious where they lined up, and became accutely aware of the blade on his hip. Hoping he wouldn't be put in a position to use it, Oniver made a silent promise to show magnanimity toward his companions for as long as they traveled together. That was his end of the bargain.


Oniver was the last to set out, barring of course Stahl, who would catch up later. Despite his ironclad decision to leave Kiersap behind, the peddler often looked over his shoulder, as if second guessing himself. Sooner than expected, the clop-clopping of a horse could be heard, and Bladdanser came into view at a steady gallop. Stahl met eyes with Oniver, said, "Little left to say goodbye to. In fact, better I leave as much behind and forgotten as possible. Don't be stingy with that tent, kinsman. The wilds call us all."

Hearing his own thoughts repeated by the rider, Oniver beamed a smile as he responded. "Little left, aye. It seems we carry our entire lives with us on this journey. Figuratively as well as literally," he says with a bounce of his packs. "The tent will provide what shelter it may to whomever wishes to make use it. My stall is behind, my destiny ahead. Tonight, and for all forseeable nights, I'm am no longer a merchant, but a humble traveler sharing the road." Though his words were sincere, Oniver couldn't quite shake the salesman cadence from his voice.


OOCAdding +1d to Keep Watch as Oniver periodically scans the path behind.
Dice add to Phol's result:
1d6 2


 
  #20  
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 09:45 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


This was the furthest the young Goblin had ever been and yet the woods and undergrowth looked no different to those he wandered close to the village The same yet different, I wonder how long this excitement will last? Oohh - I wonder what's over that knoll... more woods - never mind.

Impulsive tough his kind might be they were not stupid and even through his enthusiasm Hemdan was keeping a keen eye out as he expected his companions were too. Living through the mists gives everyone an edge of caution, fear, paranoia.

Looking over at Oniver after his brief chat with Stahl he asks "Have you ever put up a tent before?" At the moment the thought crosses his mind to food and how they are going to prepare their meals. Looking at Phol but asking out loud in general (not too loud as who knows what's listening) "Dont suppose someone brought a cooking pot and herbs? Dont suppose knows how to at least ensure we dont give ourselves a case of gut bustering?"


OOC
Does my sixth sense talent have and advantages with Keeping Watch whilst we hike or is it just a +1 assist for now ?


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Jun 12th, 2022 at 09:46 PM.
  #21  
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:09 AM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 14th, 2023
RPXP: 7314
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,114
Old Dog
right-aligned image
The wolfkin takes the acquiescence of his companions — silent or otherwise — as a sign of good faith and, to the best of his ability, tries to get them started on the right paw (err, foot). With a mighty claw on the pommel of his sheathed blade, Old Dog begins their jaunt northeast out of the village and into the wilds.

"A dog can do many things, but nothing if it is out of reach. Stay close, stay vigilant, even only this far out of town."

A warning, yes. A humble request, too. Wisdom of the ages foretells that tragedy or great fortune can strike quick and fast, sometimes immediately so. Pray this party isn't like some of the others who were stopped before they started.



OOCLEADING THE WAY in the agreed-upon direction.
Dice LEADING THE WAY:
1d6 3


Dice LEADING THE WAY, PART 2:
2d6 4, 3 Total = 7


Dice LEADING THE WAY, PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT:
3d6 3, 4, 5 Total = 12


Last edited by Chylopan; Jun 14th, 2022 at 07:21 PM.
  #22  
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 08:34 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

A Boggy BeginningThe Wolfkin Old Dog led the team away from the village, striking off in a northeasterly direction. With trust in his canine instinct and nose, the unusual assembly of companions followed and kept close. Phol was busy during the early stages of this morning's walk, keeping an ever watchful eye on their surroundings. Oniver too, took it upon himself to turn and check behind them from time to time. Wild animals weren't uncommon in the forest, and better to know sooner rather than later if anything predatory, exceptionally large, or hungry had decided to pick up their scent. Every once in a while there was a little rustling in the undergrowth, or the sounds of leaves moving and birds going about their business, but so far nothing was suspicious... well... not immediately.

Around half of the morning had been spent walking between endless trees, navigating around moss-covered rocky outcrops, and avoiding dense and tangled weeds and shrubs. Here and there the ground had been a little boggy at times, but it was nothing that a good pair of boots couldn't handle.

Then, Hemdan had just been asking about cooking supplies, and tent-pitching, when Old Dog abruptly stopped.

For as far as the Wolfkin or his companions could see, the way ahead looked decidedly "soft". Not a comfortable and grassy soft either. No, this was more like mud, sloppy earth mixed with small pools of water as far as the eye could see. Had the rains caused this, already? Or had the distant river broken a bank or something? Or was this patch of land just prone to being a bit of a floodplain? Either way, moving through it was going to be a bit of a hard slog.

As the group contemplated the obstacle, Phol noticed something else too...
OOCpsuedenim: Sixth Sense doesn't directly help with keeping watch, unless there is an ambush or sneak attack. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet, but its only a matter of time hehe.

Everyone: In order to push on through the bog, everyone must roll: STRENGTH+MIGHT or AGILITY+MOVE. We'll do that first, then I'll let you know the next steps. I'll be transparent though, that failure will lead to some Strength Damage hehe.

If you want just turn around and try going another way, that's fine too. It will cost you the rest of this quarter day to either go back to where you started, or push on through the bog...
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 15th, 2022 at 11:30 PM.
  #23  
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 11:37 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
With a foul grimace Phol muttered, "Bah! An ill beginning, I see. Lose a boot and you'll not find another until this mong...city the Goblin thinks may lay ahead."

He glanced to Old Dog, perhaps with blame, perhaps with...fear? He'd certainly thought the better of using any derogatory description for the Wolfkin town which Hemdan thought they might find. For any hint of fellowship the fool of a half-elf followed with a barb of derision. Surely his companions found it a blessing when he lopped ahead to scout and the black clouds of his mood went with him.

But before he could put his boot in his mouth again his head suddenly turned; a quizzical narrowing of his eyebrows. "It's singing, I hear," he affirms, almost a dare for anyone to challenge him on this, "Growly, like a man or maybe a female Dwarf. Can't make out the words, buts that way for certain."

He points off to the left and glares back to the rest of the company to see what they would do.


OOCJust to be certain, the ground is no less boggy in the direction of the voice Phol hears, is it? Would still require rolls to push through in that direction?

Failed with push, 1 Agility damage



Last edited by DBCowboy; Jun 15th, 2022 at 08:36 AM.
  #24  
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 11:51 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

Someone's WatchingThey hadn't noticed without it being pointed out, but now that Phol had alerted everyone to the fact. Yup, sure was a strange sound out there off to the left. It was just as he'd described, a growly and throaty singing of some kind. The strange discovery got louder for a few seconds, and then just stopped. A few moments later, a fox appeared from behind a tree in the same direction, and just looked at the party with large and inquisitive eyes.

The small beast didn't move. It just stood there, as though entertained by the traveler's current predicament...

__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 15th, 2022 at 02:39 AM.
  #25  
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 08:21 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

The party traveled in silence for a long while until Hemdan piped up with a couple questions, one of them aimed at Oniver.
"Sure I've setup a tent before," the merchant said, a hint of admonishment in his voice. "Before I had a stall built in the market, I had to erect a canopy every morning, then take it down each evening. Ho ho, I've done it so often, it's become second nature to me. This traveler's tent is a little different from an open canopy, but I'm sure I'll have no trouble with it. Don't worry, little fellow, no one is sleeping in the rain tonight.

As for cookware, I may have a couple items stowed away, but I've never been much of a chef. Indeed, there was this one time I tried to broil a hen, and I nearly..."
**SQUELSH** Oniver lost his train of thought as his foot sank up to the ankle in muck. "Ugh! Where have you taken us, Old Dog?"

There was no derision in his tone, but instead something akin to fear. Did the wolfkin purposely bring them into a bog, where escape would be difficult? The peddler struggled to pull himself onto firmer ground, but the thickness of the mud and the weight of his packs wore at his muscles.


OOCFailed, even with a Push. Oniver takes 1 Strength damage

 
  #26  
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 01:14 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter

Weather: Cold with rain clouds and light precipitation...

Damp Feet and a Furry WitnessWith the strange singing gone, and a lone fox watching the group through curious eyes, the explorers tried to make some progress.

Alas, the ground ahead was pretty awful and unexpectedly tiring to try and work through. The mud was gluggy like clingy clay, and its depth was far from predictable too. Stahl and Hemdan tried to urge the obedient horse ahead, only to have it struggle and show quite some distress. This wasn't open fields! Oniver found that the size of his belongings perhaps, was an annoying hindrance? Old Dog surely, with a mighty Wolflin's physique would just be able to force his way through, right? Well, maybe age was catching up to him, or his steps hadn't been gifted with any amount of reasonable luck. It was Phol however, who had really met his match. Hoping that his dexterity and light movement would be of use, he really forced his mind into a mood where failure wasn't an option. In the end though, the effort left him feeling a little sapped. He'd burnt raw energy, and the mud on his legs was beginning to make careful navigation even more troublesome. If anything though, he might feel that the experience was a beneficial one, one that would make him stronger for it, eventually.

So close to home, the group was already experiencing a taste of what these Forbidden Lands might offer. Equal chances to perish or prosper. The benefits of new knowledge, weighed against risk. It was a good thing though, that they were all together in this, even if "this" was just a patch of land that didn't seem to want to be traversed this very moment.

The near future was going to be an interesting one, and the group had much to consider. Should they risk battling on in the hopes of dryer earth on this area's other side? Could a warm campfire tonight turn the experience into something to jest about and weave into a tale? Or would they accept the situation on first impressions, save any further pain, and turn back to home in order to try another way? Or was there perhaps, another way out of this literal quagmire? And the fox? It was still there, although it had tilted its head down a little, as though sad to witness the struggle for these bipedal strangers.


OOCThe Foxy Friend:

The fox is off to the left behind the group, on solid ground. You are free to attempt to interact with it whilst you contemplate your next moves in this hex. It has no intention of preventing your progress If you want to try out some animal handling, lore or whatever with it, for a bit of RP whilst the bog scenario awaits a group decision, that's cool. Usually we don't get two "events" occuring at the same time, but we just happened to have an encounter happen at the same time as a lead the way mishap hehe. We're kicking off with a bang.

Navigate through Bog, Attempt 1:

Stahl & Bladdanser - Failed. Bladdanser takes 1 Strength Damage. I'm ruling that Stahl takes no Strength damage because the horse is doing all the work lol.
Onvier - Failed and Pushed. Takes 1 Strength Damage.
Old Dog - Failed. Takes 1 Strength Damage.
Phol - Failed and Pushed. Takes 1 Strength Damage and 1 Agility Damage. Earns 1 WP.
Hemdan - Helped Stahl and Failed. I'm ruling that there is no Strength damage because the horse is doing all the work lol.

Your Current Options:

Keep slogging it out!
You can attempt to navigate the obstacle multiple times until everyone succeeds. This costs all of the Morning quarter. (Usually you can travel to 2 new hexes (or 3 on a horse) per quarter day, but not in the current situation). As before, it is: STRENGTH+MIGHT or AGILITY+MOVE.

I can now reveal that failing to navigate the bog with each attempt, costs 1 STR damage, in addition to any damage you take by pushing.

Turn back!
Although not an option in the rules, because you are so close to home I'm allowing you to retreat if you want. You can turn around and go back to the village, and try hiking into a different hex. This retreat will still cost you the rest of the morning quarter, but you'll be able to enter new hexes during the Day quarter. You can do this now, or choose to do it later if you want to keep trying for a bit longer.

Try something else?
There are some other things you could try, if you want to keep slogging it out. Feel free to get creative.
Does anyone have gear that might help? Like a rope or something?
Or once per game "chapter", each PC can activate their PRIDE. When you fail a skill roll, you can use PRIDE to roll a D12 and add it to your roll. This gives you a 50% chance of a success. You can add this to your first attempt now that everyone has tried and failed. If you want to pull off a memorable miracle, this might be one way to do it.

Note
Once one PC has succeeded, they can HELP one other PC per future attempt.

Stat Tracker: (please let me know if you see anything wrong. I wasn't expecting so much action and rolling this early, but we can blame the random nature of the landscape and encounters. I don't tend to monitor or micro-manage people's sheets, so the below is mainly for my reference. I'll try and work out how to use tables soon hehe).

Oniver: STR 2/3 (from bog fail) AGI 3/3 WITS 3/3 EMP 4/5 (from bartering) WP1 (from bartering push)
Phol: STR 2/3 (from bog fail) AGI 3/4 (from bog push) WITS 4/4 EMP 3/3 WP1 (from bog push)
Hemdan: STR 3/3 AGI 4/4 WITS 5/5 EMP 3/3 WP0
Old Dog: STR 4/5 (from bog fail) AGI 4/4 WITS 2/2 EMP 2/2 WP0
Stahl: STR 3/3 AGI 5/5 WITS 4/4 EMP 2/2 WP0
Horsey: STR 4/5 (from bog fail) AGI 4/4
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Jun 16th, 2022 at 01:58 AM.
  #27  
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 07:55 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Hemdan gives a little jerk and looks in the direction of the singing and the fox "Ooohh. Me knobbles are warming".

Oblivious to the plight of Bladdanser he slides of the side of the horse and makes his way cautiously towards the Fox.

"Who's a special little foxy." he say quietly and he puts his right arm out, in what he hopes is a gesture of fox friendliness, whilst rolling his chalk between finger and thumb in his left hand.




 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
  #28  
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 09:00 AM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
"What's this here then?" Phol regards the creature which acted so strangely while Hemdan approached it, "Is it Brother Fox? Peculiar, thinks I, for Brother Fox to act so,". He squints with one eye as he studies the fox, all the while one foot sinks deeper and only once he begins to topple does he gasp and attempt to extract himself.

"Back! Back fools! Lest ye wish to see how long your breath can last and live to tell none!" he flounders back the way he had come.

In truth it is quite the comedic sight as Phol flails and struggles in he flight from the muck. Not one to be calling another fool for certain.

Once he lay upon firm ground again he breathed quickly, shallow but his eyes watch to see what would become of the fox.


OOOPhol will abandon proceeding into the bog and retreat to firmer ground


  #29  
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 10:56 PM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
This has not been an auspicious start.

When Stahl had caught up to the rest of his current group of fellow travellers, it had been agreed upon by consensus that Old Dog would lead the way. This make total sense. The wolfkin are renowned trackers and veterans of the wilderness, Old Dog himself was sure to be especially veteran with the weight of his wizened years, and they were supposedly heading towards old ruins marked by the presence of wolfkin. On the surface, it was a good decision.

As it turns out, that surface was not as solid as it seemed - much like the boggy muck they were now mired in. Stahl had seen it coming and plucked Hamden up from the ground, slinging him over the saddle behind him, even unconsciously patting the goblin's rump a little as if soothing a lost animal. Perhaps the goblin added just a touch too much weight, but more likely they just underestimated the bog after recent rainfall.

"Ky-ah, ky-ah!" Stahl clicked, trying to urge Bladdanser on. If they could just get through the worst of this muck and find a little solid ground, he could secure his rope to the horse's frame and help along the others thrashing about around him. But Bladdanser was starting to panic.

Stahl decided to accept defeat. He leaned to the side and squeezed his legs, guiding Bladdanser's tossing head around. The horse turned with great effort and practically skipped back to dry land. Stahl looked back and realised Hemdan was gone, and feared for a moment he'd been tossed into the bog. Then he saw the goblin approaching a fox, with Phol watching the impending exchange from nearby. Stahl keeps his distance, not wanting to scare the fox, but curious as to how this might turn out. There might as well be some amusement to counter the humiliation. Bladdanser panted and kept tossing his head, uninterested in the encounter.


 
__________________
  #30  
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 01:42 PM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 14th, 2023
RPXP: 7314
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,114
Old Dog
right-aligned image
Perhaps it was his advanced age, failing senses, a lapse in judgement, or maybe the distractions of the natural world outside the village... whatever the reason, Old Dog had, unfortunately, not proved to be the best navigator when it had come to launching the party's initial trek.

They found mud. Lots and lots of thick, fur-matting, sticky mud and muck that, if they persisted beyond what they already had, would seek to swallow them hole and disguise their very existence beneath the wet, unforgiving earth.

"I-it would appear he has failed to bring us much fortune. Perhaps an Old Dog will surrender this job to a younger, keener set of eyes and ears than mine own."

So, after having known the shame of trudging out of the loose earth, the wolfkin bows his head in concession (and silent apology) for whomsoever might be brave enough to take the lead instead. For true, while a few of the others were busy investigating the mystery of an oh-so curious fox, the Old Dog was checking his person and securing his gear.

"His knowledge of the clan mentioned by the small one amounts to null. It has been some time since an Old Dog knew the company of a pack."

First it was the rain. Now mud. Auspicious signs were looking few and far between.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB