Game Thread Group 1 - Ch2 -A Vale of Grey - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 03:51 PM
The Dark Star's Avatar
The Dark Star The Dark Star is offline
Man of Many Faces
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2022
RPXP: 5130
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Posts: 2,923
They have arrived!
right-aligned image
Orin listens to the questions and comments of the other group, he wondered, Stahl seemed to almost mention the word ho- but cut himself off, odd, but he could understand if he didn't want a newcomer gaining some info, just in case, he understood and didn't press on it.

"Yes, very strange, just one moment they are there, then poof," he said as he waved his hands in front of his face, "they're gone, or at least taken out of view and smothered so they can't make a sound, can't say for sure it's magic. But it, or they, are good, very good." He answered.

"It's an assortment of people, pretty big area, lots of places to shop, eat, drink and sleep at, lots of people to talk to, lots of suspects as well I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure it's not that far from here, just need to get my bearings again haha, uh as for looking for the Druid, I think I have run my courage to empty at this point, I would prefer for us to head back, let us get some food, rest and allow you to speak to some others and see if you can dig up more that I could. As for other visitors, there may very well have been, but I don't wait at the gates to see them all come in, I recommend asking the taverns, they have a better idea of how many new groups have shown up lately."

Mechanical Information and Stats
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
  #17  
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 14th, 2023
RPXP: 7314
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,114
Old Dog
right-aligned image
The Old Dog simply follows. As the pack dictates where and when they should move or stay, their lupine companion acquiesces without so much as a sigh in protest. This was how it had been in the before-time, back when his shaggy coat was still black and young renegades threw themselves beneath his blade in order to test their mettle; here and now, however, things were more wiry and gray; and his pack was far, far different...

"Another enters the fold," the Wolfkin chuckles, trying his darndest not to offend the day kin by hunching over to get a better look. "An Old Dog wonders how many others there might be on the horizon."

Ah, but the warning Orin provided of lurking Orcs did cause a furry and pointed ear to perk.

"Perhaps this Old Dog thought process is... one-dimensional but could it not be the case that these Orcs might be in someway responsible for the missing children in your village?" Things were so simple all that time ago.

A clawed hand rubbed at this chin mane whilst the Wolfkin pondered and postulated.

"Seeing this Greyvale cannot do any harm. It certainly beats clawing through sinkholes and scraping along aimlessly."



OOC An Old Dog continues.
  #18  
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

Oniver kept his attention on the halfling as Old Dog spoke, processing all that had been said. His eyes drifted to the broach at the dimunitive fellow's shoulder, looking for any distinguishing markings. Bolstering Old Dog's suggestion of going to Greyvale, the peddler once again launched into one of his long-winded soliloquies. "Ah, yes! We are all tired and dirty and could do with a nice warm meal, a hot bath, and a soft bed for the night. I only pray we do not vanish into the night to these, erm... 'very good' bandits of yours. No no no, I'm sure we'll be fine. If you'd please, Master Orin, after you." Oniver raised an arm, imploring the halfling to take the lead. "Lost as you claim to be, you do have the advantage of having been through these woods once. Perhaps something will look familiar to you, whereas to us, we've never seen any of it before."

Oniver gave each of his companions a knowing look, even meeting Old Dog's eyes briefly. The silent message was obvious: "Let's keep a careful watch on him." Turning back to Orin, the merchant was all smiles again. "We await the magnanimous hospitality of your village."


OOC
 
  #19  
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 06:52 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening Quarter (Day Two)

Weather: Clear

GreyvaleThe allure of witnessing a "city" in the vicinity was just too strong, as was the promise of a proper bed and some civilized luxuries. The talk of orcs was also perhaps a little off-putting, as far as an extra night camping outdoors went. Thus, together with the newly met halfling, the group navigated northwards towards the little man's "home".

The explorers followed Orin's hunch on the best way to go, combined with Stahl's proven ability to plot a way forwards devoid of bog. Along the way there were signs that people have once lived here before. Crumbling ruins, little more than piles of stonework, now covered with greenery. Then, a long mound made from piled rocks, that must have once been a wall. Following it through the forest for a time, at last, an actual lived-in village come into view. Yes, village. This was no city anymore.

Approaching from the south, the first thing visible was another stone wall, this one surrounding the perimeter, probably going all the way around the site. This wall too is a sad sight. It is a mix of wood and stone. The stone is very old, but the wood is new, as if the locals used it to mend the barrier. A gate ahead looks like it will fall apart at any moment, and the towers beside it are supported by planks, so they donít break apart.

In contrast, the homes and structures behind, look to be in good condition and relatively new-builds. The first building on the right has a sign hanging off of its timber facade. "The Knave and Chariot". An Inn! From within it comes the smell of... are those, potatoes? Yes! An aroma of juicy grilled fish too!

By now the sun had gone down to rest, and evening had arrived. So far, not a single villager had been seen on the streets or anywhere nearby...

 


OOCOur journeying can end for a while now, and we go into "adventure" mode, which means there are no lead the way rolls until we move on again. We can RP out the evening at our leisure. What would you like to do?
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #20  
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 07:04 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
A sour half-elf stood upon the threshold of Greyvale and wrinkled his nose, "Weeeeell, it's not much ta look at, says I. But I do say the aroma are quite fetching, yes, yes they are."

He gives the dilapidated gate and wall a sideways glare but holds his tongue on any further criticism. He seems to look round further, perhaps for a foxy hanger-on to just to see if one's about. Phol motions to Hemdan if the little creature is not evident.

But then it's all business for the hunter. He motions to the "Knave and Chariot" and suggests strongly, "We've done what none in cursed Kiersap have in nary 300 years. If that doesn't deserve a drink then I don't know what does! I'm to the inn, come or not as ye choose!"

Well, it's one kind of business anyway. Perhaps a bit of liquor will sweeten his sour nature?


OOO


  #21  
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 03:32 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


"So far so good Orin. No Orcs and instead we get the smell of good food." Hemdan was feeling good about this turn of events sofar and Phol was right there was an opportunity to celebrate.

He nodded at Phol's suggestion and was curious to see what things tasted like in this new part of the world, 2 days travel might not seem long but after 300yrs of separation who knows what wonderous things they had invented.

"Grand idea Phol, we can claim a table see whats what and I'm sure Orin can help with stabling and stuff" and with that the Goblin heads towards the inn overtly sniffing the air and patting his belly. Campfire Boar is good but a proper kitchen and not having to clean up afterwards. Ohh and beer - yummy




 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Jul 31st, 2022 at 03:33 PM.
  #22  
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 04:54 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

At the first sight of the ancient ruins, Oniver's hopes raised and he could barely keep the grin from his face. Kiersap boasted many walls and foundations that purportedly stretched back into antiquity, but they were often well-cared for or repurposed. For Greyvale to leave these to be claimed by the wilds, it must be a grand place indeed. The city wall, glimpsed from a distance through the trees, reinforced this thought, but as the party drew closer, doubts sprang into the peddler's mind. The wall, its towers, and gates were in scambles, crudely patched with timbers. None of the careful masonry seen in Kiersap showed here.

Inside the walls was even more disappointing. The buildings looked to be in better shape, but nobody was in the streets. There was no market for hawkers; no one stood in their doorways ready to chat with whoever walked by. Greyvale was a veritable ghosttown. And its size! For as small and insignificant as Kiersap seemed, it dwarfed this little hamlet. With a bitterness that could not be put into words, Oniver wondered if Kiersap, afterall, was not the largest settlement left in the world. His mood had been so soured, that the smell of roasted potatoes and fish nearly turned his stomach.

"Yes, let us sit and eat and drink ale, but do not be surprised if it is no more than fermented goat's piss." With that, he followed Phol and Hemdan into the inn.


OOC
 
  #23  
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 08:02 PM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 14th, 2023
RPXP: 7314
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,114
Old Dog
right-aligned image
The imaginative description of Greyvale as given by their newfound companion was... a bit off the mark, if an Old Dog was to be generous. Then again, as was with his characteristic, wizened optimism, the Wolfkin merely presumed that embellishment was part and parcel of being one of the smallfolk. Hemdan most certainly fit that bill, at least when it came to social mannerisms and antics; ergo, who was to say it wasn't the same for Orin?

"It does leave a little to be desired, this Old Dog agrees," he spoke aloud, idly scratching at his own, furry mug ,and stroking the long tuft of fur that hung down therefrom, which he had dubbed a beard of sorts. "Still, there is much to be said about how hospitality and a good meal can make even the shanty-est of towns worthy of hearth and haven, mmn."

Then, a mighty, clawed hand gleefully slaps Oniver over the shoulder and wraps around him tight, overly-familiar.

"Come now, you are being too harsh. Let not your disappointment sully the occasion. It beats drowning in mud, no? And, at the very least, we've gone further than we have before -- and further still to go! There may come a time where you will beg for a good goat!"

It... is hard to tell if he's being old and wise, sarcastic, trying to be humorous, or one-hundred-percent serious.

Such is the curse of being an old man... dog; a man-dog.



OOC An Old Dog continues.
  #24  
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 12:05 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Stahl at least feels vindicated in that he's not the only member of this ragtag group who's suspicious at the story dropped in their lap, true or not. Orin's elaboration is ... not reassuring. Suddenly he wants to get home, after being so bold as to strike out on his own. Understandable, perhaps, but Stahl's wariness doesn't let him forget it. And he doesn't take stock of visitors, rare and curious as they must be for any town that's had to confront the Blood Mist? Again, not condemning on its own, but not a satisfying response either. And the nature of the disappearances ... just vanishing in thin air, taken by air and smoke? Stahl really doesn't know how to process that. His knowledge of dark magics is limited to stories his clan would tell around the fires and hearths.

He follows along with the group. Curiosity wins out, although he doesn't feel good about what they may be walking into. Oniver, at least, is wary as well, and the look that passes between them is full of mutual foreboding. Hemdan is suspicious but chaotically so, Phol is mostly concerned with finding a drink and making sure no one thinks he's responsible for any wrongdoing, and Old Dog seems slow-spoken and reserved, still appraising the situation.

With Orin feeling his way through half-familiar woods and Stahl commenting on the choice of track, they edge their way to the 'city'. It has seemingly shrunken during the Blood Mist, reduced from a once-thriving copse of stonework to a fragile little fortified seed. It's a rough first impression, but inside the intact wall it's a well-kept village, so it's not all bad.

"How can we smell anything past our own?" he cuts back at Phol's backhanded compliment. "I'm not sure if the reek I smell is more myself or the horse." Phol is all in for the tavern, but Stahl isn't sure. This is a place full of more strangers than he's ever known in his life. He's not feeling like being in what's likely to be the most crowded building in Greyvale. "I think I'll just find somewhere to stable my horse and catch up with you later," he concedes.

The others all file towards the inn, encouraged by Phol's eagerness to drink and feast.

"A moment, Orin," Stahl says quickly to the halfling. "I ... don't know where to stable Bladdanser. I've never had to think about homing him anywhere aside from the clan stables in Kiersap. I haven't seen any horses while coming into town, what do I do?" He looks around. "The town seems secure. I could almost let him roam about, he's well behaved enough not to get into gardens where he doesn't belong. Have the vanished people been taken beyond the wall, or within? How safe is it within the walls themselves?"

OOCPoor Stahl is going to fret about his horse for a bit, then find a stable (I presume there'd be something at the tavern but Stahl wouldn't have a clue). After that he'll probably be a latecomer to the tavern.

 
__________________
  #25  
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 06:11 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening (Day Two)

Adventure Site: Greyvale
Weather: Clear

GreyvaleDespite some hesitance, the group entered the Inn. The Knave and Chariot was small, but also nice and cosy. Two floors high, built in sturdy wood. The main room was very tight, only with three tables. Narrow stairs head upwards and lead up to a partitioned sleeping area. The fireplace is burning, and food is cooking in the kitchen. Behind the counter a young woman is putting some jugs back in place. It looks like someone has thrown something over the counter... and there is only one customer here. A hairy, short and stubby man. He is drinking beer and eating very dry bread. He turns to look at the new arrivals very invitingly.

Orin doesn't recognize this stranger enjoying some appetizers, but he does of course know the woman behind the counter. Her jaw drops as unknown souls enter the establishment...

left-aligned image
"What? Oh my goodness my goodness! Orin! Who are these new friends! Oh do please come in, it has been so very very long since I caught sight of so many new faces before."

She smiles, and doesn't even seem to flinch at the sight of a great old wolfkin and a goblin among them.

"Did you arrive on horses? There is a stable out the back, please use it at your leisure! Oh you look so hungry, I'll get you all something to eat."

Orin knew this woman as Bethe. The daughter of the Inn's owner, one Bertram. Also, considering the lack of ingredients near Greyvale, they always seemed to be able to make one hell of a meal, and a damn good beer as well.

"Is herb-smothered grilled fish, and some spicy potatoes amenable?"

The smell in here... was positively delicious.

 


OOCRP at your leisure! Sneaky fox seems to be nowhere to be seen right now.
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Aug 3rd, 2022 at 08:08 AM.
  #26  
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 03:12 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Hemdan looked around the place, odd to see a place of beer so quiet at anytime. Perhaps this place is smaller than Kiersap or maybe the beer is terrible - damn I hope not

"The smell and sound of your food sounds fantastic but is there a cost for this? I may need to choose one or the other depending, unless we can share or something. Although looking at my friends that seems unlikely"

Spotting the man looking at them Hemdan rubs his Passive Sense Magicknobbles checking they still work and to see if there is any warmth there. He looks over to the nice lady, nice as she is offering food, and asks "Was there a fight is that why there is mess at the counter, a lack of folk drinking and an scruffy man looking at us like we are new entertainment?"

The goblin looks expectantly at everyone at the table as he fondles his money pouch. As usual its much lighter than he would like. Perhaps if we all eat we get a group discount.

Still he was in a good mood, 2 days of travel, the group still in tact. A new face, a new village and a mysterious fox. Thoughts of the druid, orcs and kidnapping temporarily missing from his mind.



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Aug 4th, 2022 at 03:12 PM.
  #27  
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 06:43 PM
The Dark Star's Avatar
The Dark Star The Dark Star is offline
Man of Many Faces
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2022
RPXP: 5130
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Posts: 2,923
They have arrived!
right-aligned image
Orin leads the group and they choose what place to visit first, a good place, a place that he knows well enough, greeted they come in and he looks to Stahl.

"While they are getting settled in, let's go to the stables in the back and make sure that your horse is well taken care of!" He says.

"Hey! The rest of you! Don't go telling stories of your travels until I get back! I want to hear them so that I can retell them in the future!" He shouted to them as he grabbed Stahl's hand and started to lead him and his horse to the stables in the back.

"That's one fine horse you have their sir! Looks so powerful and beautiful at the same time! We don't have much like those around here, at least none that I have seen, most of them are just common working horses, not like this one, Bladdnaser you said? Did you give it that name? Is there some kind of cool meaning behind it?" He then began to ask him.

Mechanical Information and Stats
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
  #28  
Old Aug 6th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

Oniver missed a step when the mighty wolfkin's hand slapped his shoulder, and the peddler would have shied away were it not for the iron embrace Old Dog had on him. While close company can build strong friendships over time, this party of veritable strangers had only spent two days traveling together, and most of that time was spent bickering. Oniver wasn't sure if anyone one of them truly trusted one another.

Oniver had difficulty judging Old Dog's tone. He was clearly attempting to restore optimism to the peddler's outlook, but his odd cadence was not easy to pin down. But before Oniver could fake a reaction, a genuine laugh burst from his lips. Did Old Dog just make a joke? "Ho ho, I assure you, the goat will be the one doing the begging." His mood unexpectedly lifted, Oniver followed Old Dog into the tavern.

The cozy little room was surprisingly familiar and inviting. The merchant didn't know what to expect, but seeing that the tavern would not be out of place in Kiersap was just a little shocking. He wore a tight smile when the young woman addressed Orin by name. It was a good sign that put Oniver a bit more at ease. However, instead of introducing the travelers to the woman, Orin quickly rushed Stahl out the door, with a bizarre interest in his horse.

While Hemdan was making things awkward by rubbing his knobbles in public, Oniver removed his heavy pack and placed it on the floor near one of the tables, then approached the counter. "Four pints of your finest ale, kind mistress, for my companions and myself." He looked down at the goblin and almost changed the order to three and a half pints, but instead placed a silver coin on the counter and continued his pitch. "What can you tell a group of strangers about your quaint little village? It seems curiously quiet, and I don't recall seeing anyone in the streets."


OOCOniver boughts 4 drinks at 2 cp each and tipped the girl 2 cp.
 
  #29  
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 12:55 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Stahl is led to the stables, a little daisy-chain of Orin dragging Stahl dragging Bladdanser. The horse has his head lowered, a little indignant at the closed-in surrounds. The stables are smaller than those at Kiersap. Then again, Bladdanser has the privilege of the Hearthson clan stables, which once housed more horses than it does now, so there's leg-room. "Spoiled thing," Stahl says affectionately as he ushers the horse along with a little more force. "Bladdanser, yes," he says to Orin. "Old name for someone who dances among the leaves. If you'd see this one in full gallop in the woods, you'd understand. The name gives him strength and poise. Doesn't it, you fussy nag?" He scratches Bladdanser's nose and the horse sneezes in response. "Animal husbandry used to be a pride of Kiersap, or so I'm told. The bloodlines don't keep as strong when the stock whittles away over time - an accidental death here, a failed match there. It all adds up."

Stahl leaves his horse, and swears Bladdanser has been left in a melancholy mood from the talk, scratching his head forlornly against a post.

At the tavern, when no one's looking, he rummages around in his small pocket-purse. Nine pieces of copper. Not exactly much to spend at a tavern, providing the coin is good here. He umms and ahhs, then thinks about how often he's ever going to have a drink and a warm meal, and decides to hell with it, this is a milestone for him. And the smell caught him as soon as he entered. "A piece of that fish and ..." He's about to add a drink, but then sees one already in his place - Oniver has apparently shouted the table, and so Stahl clams up.

OOCGoing off book prices, Stahl is spending 3 copper here.

 
__________________
  #30  
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 02:42 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening (Day Two)

Adventure Site: Greyvale
Weather: Clear

Fish and SpudsAs far as the goblin's magic-detecting body parts went, there was nothing in the little Inn that made them itch or feel like they were warning him of anything. The only magic in here was the aroma, the availability of alcohol, and good company of course!

left-aligned image
"Sharing is caring they say! No problem at all!"

Bethe smiled to the goblin and hadn't seemed to mind the question about dividing some servings up. Either the little fellow had a small stomach, or was low on coin. The issue of funding was soon alleviated though, thanks to Oniver's generosity.

"Oh thank you so very much! The best it will be, I promise."

As she went about getting the drinks poured, the kindly woman addressed some of the new arrival's various questions.

"The mess I was just cleaning? Oh it wasn't too bad. Not a fight really. Our local baker is very upset, understandably. We probably let her have a little too much to drink... she's terribly depressed, with her son Titch being missing and all, a few days without him now. Quite horrible."

The tavern woman shook her head, and her expression went sad at this point, lips pressing tightly together and eyes lowering. Then she spoke further.

"People think a local druid might be involved, or some orcs, but nobody has found the truth yet."

It was then that the customer at the counter turned around. It wasn't a man at all! It was a female dwarf... with no beard. She nodded her head at Bethe's words.

left-aligned image
"I promise, soon as my gear is ready at the Smithy, I'm gonna search around some. Kiddos don't just disappear like this."

Turning to the new arrivals, the dwarven woman then introduced herself, raising her jug. "I'm Giselle, just blew in a day ago to get my armor sorted out. I think you lot will find Greyvale nice enough. Yeah, its a sleepy place," she smiled at Oniver, "but there's plenty to like too. The food, especially. The mysteries, less so."

"With a few children missing since the mists lifted, people here are scared," Bethe added, "and there's not a whole lot of us here anyway. Just, umm... twenty locals... I think? Barely enough to keep our hamlet together really... but I think being small has also helped us to survive."

She winked at Orin.

"Hard to believe that Greyvale was once some huge city or something. They say our Queen abandoned us centuries ago or something. Anyway, Orin... how did your poke around the forest go? Orin here has been great for our little bar here. His music is really uplifting when so much stuff is uncertain."

Bethe took Stahl's coppers then, and got to work serving up a nice big plate of food. As advertised by the aromas, the meal looked truly wonderful. A Greyvale special. The fresh riverfish grilled to perfection, and amplified with some unusual herbs that seemed quite mouth-watering, yet unfamiliar. As for the potatoes, they were golden and crispy, a bit spicy, and fluffy as a springtime cloud on the inside.

"So where are you all from?" Bethe asked with hope in her eyes, "I hope our homes can become friends. Oh, and if you need somewhere to stay, we've beds enough upstairs if you need. No cost for a night. It will be nice to have visitors and fresh faces around, if you like?"

 
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Aug 8th, 2022 at 03:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB