Game Thread Group 1 - Ch2 -A Vale of Grey - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 08:29 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


"Well day kin, I shall have to start calling you Quiet Orin until I hear you sing and then you shall have a new name - HA!" It had been a while since Hemdan had had a full beer to himself and it was really good, gave him a nice warm feeling in his belly perhaps there magic in this beer too and I have belly knobbles - on the inside "HAHAHA" - he laughs at his own bad joke.

The goblin then has a bite to eat and whilst elaborately savouring the mouthful and making sure every nook and cranny in there is smothered he looks at the Dwarf. After a short while no great insight comes to mind so he finishes his bite and asks Giselle "So Gizey, whats this place a day or so away that you blew in from and why did it blow you here?". Pleased with his decisive and assertive question he takes another bite and washes it down with another slurp of beer.

Again thoughts of Foxes, Orcs and Druids have yet to percolate deeper into his mind. The inside of this inn having provided a forceful distraction.



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Aug 10th, 2022 at 02:56 PM.
  #32  
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Chylopan's Avatar
Chylopan Chylopan is offline
Modron Manager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 14th, 2023
RPXP: 7314
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Posts: 1,114
Old Dog
right-aligned image
The Wolfkin doesn't so much mingle as he does partake in the fine dining. It was best to let the younger kin do the socializing anyway, especially the smaller ones they were already quite adept conversationalists. An Old Dog simply gnaws flesh from bone... then gnaws on the bone, a habit innate to his canine instincts. Then, at the mention of a distraught villager, and the sudden arrival of a ready-and-willing dwarven woman, the Wolfkin put two and two together in a spark of interest.

"Pups wander," the hound acknowledged, perhaps a bit self-referentially. "But they rarely stay gone, 'lest there be a reason for doing so good or bad. An Old Dog knows this much."

Stroking his furry mustache with a few clawed fingers, he wondered aloud, "What do you know, lady dwarf? Not that I would speak for my companions here, but I know their youthful blood longs for adrenaline and excitement." The Old Dog is purposefully trying to build (or goad) them to a rally around his train of thought. "Have you anything with a scent? An Old Dog's sniffer may not be young, but it still works well enough when givena lead."

The Wolfkin believes his implication obvious.

A bushy brow is lofted as he waits for a response, from either Giselle or the party.



OOC An Old Dog asks questions.
  #33  
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 08:57 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
Stahl casually raises an arm to hover near Hemdan, in case the goblin falls off his seat. The little fellow is knocking back that beer quickly.

"All this talk about a druid, but no one knows a scrap, from what I can gather. Orcs you seem to be familiar with, but what makes you all think of a druid?"

It's a strange little hamlet, but friendly enough so far. And a bed for no cost? Even if he gets knifed in the night by an orc, it seems worth the risk. Beds are not something he's going to know the luxury of very often on the road.


 
__________________
  #34  
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 09:18 AM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
"Bah are they familiar with orc?" Phol sneered, "Have any a ya seen any orc's about?" he asked their hostess.

The half-elf was of little mind for missing children or what had become of them (self-centered buggar). But he did enjoy pointing out when others were wrong and he suspected that the townsfolk were jumping at shadows. Sure something had happened to their children but he suspected they'd no idea what.


OOO


  #35  
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 03:39 PM
The Dark Star's Avatar
The Dark Star The Dark Star is offline
Man of Many Faces
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2022
RPXP: 5130
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Posts: 2,923
They have arrived!
right-aligned image
Orin has large anime like eyes and if there were background sounds, you would hear the "wow" sound come out from nowhere as he imagines this majestic horse in full run.

"By the gods I have to see it now!" And for a moment, he thought of giving the horse a good slap on the butt, but decided that it would not be the best idea and he might just receive a hoof to the head.

He never takes his eyes off the horse until they have to leave back into the tavern.

"Just so majestic!" He can't help but say again.

When inside, he listens to the others, smiles and blushes when he received the compliment.

"Oh why thank you, unfortunately nothing but thick fog, sounds of animals, some that might be able to eat me, and forest, one of these days we'll find some kind of clue, we just need to keep working on it and calling for blessings from all." He replied as he looked up to the sky, "you hear that!? A blessing would be nice! You know, to find children!" He said to the roof.

"Oh, right, haha, got company, which also means!" He said, looking back down to the group, he pulls out his lute and begins to play a couple keys. "Since we are going to find them, I won't play anything sad, we have gotten some kind of blessings to be fair, and it's you all! So I shall play you a tune or two!" He said as he moved with his lute over to where he normally plays and begins to play his lute and sing them a tune about the past of this city, when it was bright, crowded and filled with joy!

Mechanical Information and Stats
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Roll with Luck and have some Fun!
  #36  
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

The peddler took his drink and returned to the table where he had set his belongings. He sipped cautiously at first, still having reservations about this strange little settlement. The saving grace, it seemed, was the poor economy. A single silver coin apparently was enough to purchase five mugs of ale and a few servings of fish and chips. It won't fill their bellies, but at least it would be a meal.

The ale had a pleasant taste, and it was obvious Hemdan was enjoying it too. The goblin rocked on his stool as he drank, and it was enough for Stahl to reach out should the little fellow fall back. By the gods, the peddler thought, we've given it booze. The food, when it arrived, was also a delight. The herb-crusted fish was cooked to perfection, and the white flakey texture practically melted in the mouth. Oniver found himself relaxing and had to remind himself to keep his guard up.

The peddler let the others talk as he tried to read the room. Old Dog may be right: pups wander. Er, that is to say, with the mists lifted, the children may have simply wandered off and gotten lost. Children were stupid like that. Phol seemed to be thinking along those same lines, and Stahl looked to be digging for more information. This conversation was verging close to an interrogation, and Oniver always thought that information changed hands faster when palms were greased.

As Orin began strumming a tune, Oniver stood up, approached the counter, and tossed another silver piece upon it. "Another round of drinks! As far as that will carry. Serve the goblin first since he seems to have spilled his. Ho ho, what's this?! No, he drank it all! I must say, I did not know goblins had hollow legs." The peddler placed a hand gently on Hemdan's shoulder, showing he was only jesting. A bit of humour to ease the tension in the room. "Ah, miss... Bethe was it? Miss Bethe, is the brewmaster available? I simply must ask about his selection of hops. The ale is superb. And the fish... >chef's kiss< While I can spend all night regaling you on the exquisiteness of your cuisine, I am very much interested in the answers to the questions my companions brought up. Is there anyone in Greyvale who may actually know something about these missing children?" The merchant's glance took in the dwarf woman as well.


OOCOniver spends another 1 silver.
 
  #37  
Old Aug 12th, 2022, 02:53 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening (Day Two)

Adventure Site: Greyvale
Weather: Clear

More Fish and SpudsIt came as no great surprise to Bethe that the new arrivals weren't in a hurry to talk about their home, or its location. Far more important to see what their general character was like, and if they might even be able to assist with some of Greyvale's woes? Who else would do it? Orin couldn't be expected to hunt around in the forests alone, although now it looked like the Giselle might be interested too.

The dwarf gave Hemdan a smile, probably pleased to have another spirited drinker in the establishment!

left-aligned image
"My family lives north a bit from here, us dwarves probably helped build the city all those years ago, and some of us are still around. Tell you what, if you ever need anything repaired, armor especially, the town smithy here is a real good un. Anyway, well met Mister, what's ya name?"

Giselle raised her jug then, hoping to give it a gentle clang against the goblin's.

The wolfkin had spoken of a scent then, and Bethe being the keen listener that she was, nodded.

left-aligned image
"Oh! Do you really think that might work? You're happy to try? That would be wonderful! I'm sure one of the families would happily give you something of the children's to umm... check? The baker, Dorn lives in the northwest corner of the hamlet. Then there's Mirayam Puddle, her daughter Maja has gone too... they run the potato farm not far from the river. Sad story that one..."

Bethe's attention moved to Stahl and Phol next, two hard men she presumed, their words cynical and strong.

"The occasional villager here has said they've seen an old man with a tall knotted stick walking around, outside the city... village... walls. He lives east of here somewhere, and people... being scared... are first to blame that which they do not understand."

She shrugged then, but there was something usual about her when she mentioned the druid. A strange flash of familiarity on her features?

"As for orcs, that's just old stories. Haven't ever seen one here to be honest, but if you're looking for some, the mountains to the far east might be their kind of place. There used to be a rumor about a magical mountain or something, where the weather was always stormy out that way."

With conversation swinging into the realm of old tales and Greyvale's mysteries, it was a timely time for Orin to gift some local music on the newcomers! As the halfling got all set up for some performance, Oniver got to doing what Oniver did best!

"Oh Sir, you're so kind and generous! It is such a relief to hear the opinions on my cooking, from people who haven't tasted it before. Potatoes and fish are about all the ingredients that are easily found around here, so I've always done my best to make the most of what we've got. I could show you the recipe some time if you like! It could work with almost any root vegetables, and as long as a river is nearby, there will always be fish.

The brewmaster is my father, Bertram. He's gone to bed already because of his early starts, but I'm sure he'd love to meet you tomorrow, if you're staying the night? He so loves to talk about drink-making, hehe."


Having taken Oniver's silver, she then took a moment to bring a large serving of food for everyone in attendance, and a couple more drinks each too. Once that was done, she responded to the friendly fellow's other question.

"I've just been thinking about who might know about the children, and really I can't think of anyone other than their parents. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I tell you more though. So... Tich, the baker's son, he was helping Ochala a few days back, bringing back lumber from a nearby logging site late one evening, but he never came home. As for little Maja, Mirayam Puddle doesn't like to talk about it..."
 


OOCIf someone wants to try an Insight check on Bethe or Giselle, feel free!
Orin should make a Performance check too Let's see how his gig goes tonight hehe.
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #38  
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 02:09 AM
HotsuSama's Avatar
HotsuSama HotsuSama is online now
Flightless buzzard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20742
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Posts: 5,745
Stahl Hearthson
left-aligned image
"All this talk of orcs and they're still just legends?" Stahl snaps, harsher than he meant to. "Is there any substance to any of this, or are we just telling tall tales to each other?"

He looks down at his half-finished drink and muses that he shouldn't be drunk yet, so his loose tongue is his own fault. But he's been on edge since Orin popped out of nowhere. He's in a strange village talking about strange happenings based on half-truths and stories, and everything here is firmly outside of his area of familiarity. Magic! Orcs! What nonsense!

"Damn the orcs and your fabled mountain if they're still little more than old stories. At least your druid is closer to home, but what if he's just a puff of smoke as well? You want me to go looking for him - and I can hunt, I know how to find things in the wilds, magic or no - I'll do it." Rare cunning strikes him, coupled with the fresh mental image of his meagre handful of copper coins. "But I never said I'd do it for free."

OOCStahl's gonna be grumpy and push for a reward for at least tracking the druid.

 
__________________
  #39  
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 03:26 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

The young woman was hiding something. Oniver wasn't sure what, but her demeanor changed when she mentioned the druid. That may be something worth exploring... or it may be a good reason to leave this sorry little village behind.

Oniver brought the new tray of food and two pints to the table where Old Dog sat alone. "Eat," the peddler said in a low, neutral voice. None of his annoying wordplay was present; there was no attempt at trickery or dissembly here. He glanced at Stahl, who appeared to be in a rather bitter mood, competing with Phol for this evening's ornery basterd award. "We may need to keep our strength up, whether that means fighting or fleeing." The peddler's hand drifted to his belt and the knife under his cloak, almost as if to remind himself it was still there. Sliding one of the pints toward the wolfkin, he lifted the other one. "Cheers." There was no cheer in his tone.


OOCOniver tries to get a read on Bethe.
Dice Wits 3, Insight 2:
3d6 1, 2, 2 Total = 5
2d6 4, 1 Total = 5

Pushing
Dice Wits 2, Insight 2:
2d6 2, 2 Total = 4
2d6 1, 6 Total = 7

One success and +1 WP.
 

Last edited by Effete; Aug 14th, 2022 at 03:52 AM.
  #40  
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 11:43 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening (Day Two)

Adventure Site: Greyvale
Weather: Clear

Tables and FablesFor a long moment Bethe looked quite stunned at Stahl's response, but then she smiled to him. Was this the first grump to visit the Knave? Nope. Could everyone hold their drink without getting antsy? Nope. For now, she just assumed that the man had had a bad day's travel and the brew had gone to his head.

left-aligned image
"I get it, you know. I really do. Nobody knows what is true anymore, but that's not my fault, mister. You can blame the mists for all that. Why are you so interested in Orcs, anyway?"

She inhaled, thinking, before adding "alright, let's deal. Who knows, it could be dangerous to investigate after all."

Bethe collected all the coins she'd taken from the group for their meals and booze, and slid them across the countertop.

"Help the people of Greyvale find their children, and you can have your coins back. A meal a day and board is on-the-house, if you stay, for as long as you need. You see, I very much think your friend over there is onto something," she said, looking to Old Dog and giving him a thumb's up. "There is nobody left in Greyvale who is good at tracking."

Meanwhile, Hemdan and Oniver were studying Bethe closely. Was her tone of voice genuine? Did she sound like she was being honest about all this?

For Oniver, it was quite a difficult task reading this tavern woman. People in such lines of work tended to be rather good at putting up a facade of positivity, and using chatter and fake smiles to win over customers. But at mention of the druid, Bethe's expression had surely shown something new. Guilt? No... a secret? Yes! She was protecting someone or something, and definitely knew more than she was saying. Why though? Well it was understandable... as yet there was no commitment to help her with children-woes, and his companions had blown into the hamlet without ever saying anything about where they were from. Seemed like pretty good grounds for suspicion... Then it hit him. For sure. Bethe knew the druid in one way or another! Why not just say so? Mmm, interesting.

As the dwarf awaited Hemdan's jug to clank against her own, the goblin was running the recent words through a highly active little green skull. Orcs to the east? What was that song he'd remembered just when they'd departed Kiersap? Hot damn! Mountains to the east, and Orcs... the goblin's had heard this too!


As he pondered such things, his immediate attention moved back to the dwarven lass. She seemed pretty friendly, right? Did that mean she was hiding something? As far as Hemdan could tell, the woman was totally legit. There was no smell of lies on her breath, or any tells that Giselle had business here other than having a drink, and getting her armor fixed...
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #41  
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 12:19 AM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
The sour halfelf had nearly laughed when Stahl had made his jibe of payment to search for the missing children, only to gape once Bethe conceded and made her offer. He looked to the horsemaster with a mix of shock and admiration before stammering, "Well of course he is!" and gesturing to Old Dog, "Keen sense of smell them Wolfkin gots. Everyone KNOWS that. Haven't ya gots any Wolfkins in Greyvale?"

Perhaps he imagined that the group would putter about while enjoying free meals and a warn, dry bed for a few days before continuing on their merry way. Perhaps he expected to do less than that. Or it could be that he assumed Old Dog would quickly sniff the wee ones out in two shakes of a lamb's tail and the people of Greyvale would be so happy they'd add a bit more of a reward. It's doubtful that he expected to do any REAL work in this new endeavor, sorry little shyte that he was.


OOO



Last edited by DBCowboy; Aug 15th, 2022 at 12:22 AM.
  #42  
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 06:19 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

A look of amusement flashed across Oniver's face when the barmaid pushed their coin back across the counter and presented her offer. When Phol turned to gesture toward Old Dog, the peddler saw the same gleam of greed in the hunter's eyes that he was sure would be in his own if he lacked even an ounce of the self-control that held him in check. A meal per day and a bed for as long as needed? Such an easily exploitable offer. Then again, in a village this small, the Kiersap natives could quickly overstay their welcome. They may have only about two days, max, before the folk began asking angry questions.

Taking a heavy drought of ale, Oniver lifted himself from his chair and once again approached the counter. Responding to Phol's question, the smarmy merchant quipped, "Wolfkin? No no no, I doubt they have any of those. But wolves?! Aye, they seem to have plenty." His insufferably charming smile split his face in two, but his eyes stabbed daggers at the young woman. He placed two fingers on his silver coins—one on each—and slid them closer to himself, but otherwise left them on the counter, his fingers still pressed upon them. "Your offer is most generous. Seredipitous, one might say, since we surely lack the coin to stay more than another day. And your quaint little village"—a tilt of his head and a roll of his eyes encompassed the entirety of Greyvale—"just as surely lacks the coin to make us whole, should we agree to this task. Ahhh, you think to yourself, 'veritable strangers these folk are; why should I trust them?' But trust is a two-way road, is it not, young miss? Come now! Tell us of this druid friend of yours. Ho ho ho, make no mistake! You cannot hide that you two are aquainted. Come! Be honest with us and this may yet turn into a... mutually beneficial arrangement." Oniver slid the two coins back across the counter, but when he removed his hand minor Sleight of Handonly one coin remained.


OOCOniver Manipulates Bethe.
Dice Empathy 5, Manipulation 3:
5d6 5, 6, 6, 5, 6 Total = 28
3d6 2, 5, 4 Total = 11


Added 1 silver back into inventory.
Also, are we inadvertantly playing an Evil party?
 

Last edited by Effete; Aug 15th, 2022 at 06:32 AM.
  #43  
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 07:59 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
Beans SpilledDid Bethe seem nervous all of a sudden? Oh yes she did! Oniver's words conveyed the thoughts of a deeply analytical mind, and a sly assumption that the woman hadn't quite spoken of all she knew. Bethe couldn't believe it! Was it so obvious, somehow? After all this time keeping the secret her own?

left-aligned image
"I... I... oh Bertram will be so very angry if he ever finds out. Please don't tell him... I beg you all!"

Her eyes flicked over to Orin at this point, the only other "local" in the establishment, and perhaps her highest risk that the story would get out. It seemed though, that the halfling was either warming up for a song, or starting one off in rather uncharacteristically bad form.

"Ok, I know the druid, at least a little. His name is Nhamashal, a tall, skinny and easily underestimated fellow."

She pointed at her herbed-up fish dish.

"He's where I get the delicious herbs from, he grows them, and looks after the area. I visit umm, every evening, when Bertram sleeps, and quietly collect enough for the next day's cooking. I didn't want people to know this... especially right now, folks are scared, and starting to blame Nhamashal for what's going on. I don't want everyone starting to blame me as well! Anyway, he lives east of here in a small cabin, down the overgrown track where the path splits. Folks here think he is dangerous and full of magic, but really... he's just a quiet guy trying to take care of the forest. A friendly man happy to grow herbs for us. There's no proof whatsoever that he's got anything to do with children going missing... but he probably knows the surrounding area better than anyone else."
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #44  
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 08:46 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Bethe's words slowly drifted through Hemdan's mind on a puddle of beer Must be really strong beer, I should be careful - well once I finish my second

"Ahhh - this food and beer is good and the thought of a proper bed is tempting." He takes another bite and a swig of beer slowly glances all round the table. It had to be a slow glance because this beer was mighty strong and it seemed to be affecting his companions too.

"This druid must be close by if Bethe can visit him for an evenings plucking - HIC - of herbs and get back safe even when the mists were about. Could be he knows about the god under the mountain, the children, a wandering Dwarf..." he goes to take another mouthful and adds more quietly "...and what lies beyond the veil"

"If Old Dog can track as well as he says perhaps we can go look for some lost ones after enlisting Name-a-Shell. A nose and such local knowledge would help find the children and gain us all more respect"

Tomorrow I will be careful... "More beer perhaps, I hear rescuing is thirsty work - HIC"



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Aug 15th, 2022 at 08:46 PM.
  #45  
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 11:50 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
"Ah so there really is a druid, eh?" Phol grimaced, "What's he hiding, hey? Nothing natural bout young one disappearing, says I. He said anything regarding the missing, wee ones? Harrumph!"

And he did actually, he made quite the harrumph before perhaps considering the odd fox in the forrest and asking, "This Nhamashal, how powerful a druid is he? Have you seen him change his shape into a woodland creature, eh?"



OOO


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB