Game Thread Group 1 - Ch3 - Pt1 - Sniff Test - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 06:38 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
The BakeryDorn's eyes moved around the unusual assembly of visitors on her doorstep, and then to Oniver she smiled, wiping an eye with the back of a hand.

left-aligned image
"Bethe sent you? Oh, oh... that is great!"

She looked to Stahl then, nodding at his words.

"Local events, yes you could say we have too many of those these days. Oh some help would me most wonderful! Come please, come inside!"

Dorn beckoned them in and moved her attention to the little goblin.

"Well hello deary, oh yes there is much to say, and best that I don't embarrass myself too much outdoors. Not that there are usually many people around at this time of day."

Inside, the front area of this home was just one large kitchen, like a living room had been converted into a place of cooking and little else. There were long timber tables loaded with balls of dough and various large utensils, buckets filled with flour, water and another with an earthy grainy looking mixture in it. Another table with a stone top, had finished treats upon it. Rolls, loaves, scones and the like. There were nuts in boxes too, and along a far wall a fireplace that had been converted into a large wood-fired oven. At the area's rear was a closed door.

"Would you all like to sit down? Go through that door there and take a seat if you like. Or we can talk here? My son... Tich... is gone. A few days back he was helping Ochala with some logs late one night, and he never made it home."

It looked like she was about to break into a sob... but managed to keep herself composed... for now.

__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Dec 6th, 2022 at 06:39 PM.
  #77  
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 11:54 AM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan - a bit edgy
left-aligned image


Hemdan hovers by the door trying to hear if anyone is rushing off towards a fire or screaming as a murderous undead thing lurks around the village.

Best leave Oni or another human to this delicate human talking, nobody wants sobs in their dough


Actions


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by psuedenim; Dec 7th, 2022 at 11:54 AM.
  #78  
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 09:46 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
The half-elf looked uncomfortable at the woman's barely contained emotions. He stiffly entered and made his way towards the mentioned sitting area. Once finding a spot and with all gathered he cleared his throat and ventured, "Uh, Tich was it? And what of this Onchala he was with?"

He waited to see if she would offer any elaboration now.

OOC


  #79  
Old Dec 10th, 2022, 06:51 PM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

The peddler turned toward Stahl, a squint to his eyes now accompanying that insufferable smile. "A bloody sonnet, eh? Would you prefer Orin were here to turn it into song? We could all sing along then! I'll make sure you're our soprano." Turning back to Miss Dorn, he pandered, "Oh, don't mind him. He's just a grouch. Yes, thank you! Coming in and sitting down sounds wonderful." Oniver eyed a tray of pastries before they were lost to sight entering through the indicated doorway. Silently, he hoped Dorn would offer a small sampling as the parties talked. Although he was still full from the fish dinner, the smells inside the bakery made Oniver crave something sweet to nibble on.

Oniver's smile melded into a grimace when the baker mentioned her missing son (not daughter). He had gambled on that particular detail, having only half-heartedly listened to Bethe's tale of woe, and called the wrong side of the coin. Luckily, Dorn didn't seem to notice the underpinning subterfuge and continued with her hospitalities. Easing out of his packs, Oniver propped them on the floor beside a rather comfortable looking chair and sat down. He followed up on Phol's question. "Yes, who is Ochala? A friend? A relative? How would you describe your son's relationship with Ochala?" Hardly giving the poor woman time to answer, the silver-tongued lout bulled on. "By 'a few days ago,' do you mean before or after the Blood Mist lifted? Have you noticed any other strangers in town besides us? Anything you—" Oniver cut himself short, then grinned and spread his arms out, palms up. "Apologies, ma'am. My mouth does have a tendancy to move if it isn't occupied with other things."


OOC

 

Last edited by Effete; Dec 10th, 2022 at 06:52 PM.
  #80  
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 11:31 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
The BakeryThe Baker let everyone head into the sitting area, and then took off her flour-dusted apron and hung it on a nail in the wall. The room itself was pretty plain and simple, but at least the seats were soft, and it was nice and warm on account of having a bread oven back just through the doorway.

left-aligned image
"Yes, that's right, Tich," she then confirmed, taking a moment to sit down as well. "He's such a good boy! Always helping people around the village, as well as me too... of course."

She smiled to Oniver then.

"Oh! No apology necessary! I often talk or sing whilst I work, even if nobody is about. I used to be so happy here, until... yes... the blood mist lifted about a week ago I think? Even before it blew away, Tich would once a week help Ochala. Och is a lumberjack. Collects nearby wood, for people's fires or repairs to their buildings. She said she gave Tichie a few small logs to carry home for my oven... but... but... he was never seen again..."

Dorn took a moment to compose herself again, dabbing her eyes with the back of a hand.

"I just don't know what to do. People think the Druid took him, or maybe there is some kind of evil animal or demon out there... left over from the mist's reign. If... if... you will help look for him, I'll do anything... "

She blinked as though coming to a realisation.

"I don't have much coin to pay for your time with, but I have plenty of food! I'll bake whatever you want, for as long as you want! I also know the blacksmith well if you need favors there?"
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #81  
Old Dec 14th, 2022, 02:03 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan - hangry
left-aligned image


For a brief moment Hemdan was reconsidering his decision to leave Kiersan but it quickly passed. His excitement at being out in the world and feeling real magic overcoming the increase in death. He wasn't happy to hear about another monster after their recent escapade in the cellar and he was surprised anyone was left alive in this accursed place.

Hemdan was also sure the Druid was not involved but would be helpful, being of the same kind he was well aware of the prejudice they experienced from those fearful of the mighty gifts and powers they wielded.

At the mention of favours his interest certainly picked up especially from a baker and a blacksmith, he could for see a fat belly supporting a lot of stabbing in his future. Could I put a pointy bit on the end of my staff? How many loaves could I stab at once and carry around?

A few questions came to mind and Hemdan was keen to share them, quickly and in no particular order.
"A Druid, what do you know of this person and why would they be interest in Tich? "
"A blacksmith, don't suppose you know a carpenter too?"
"Do you lose a lot of children in this village?"
"Is your bread firm enough to carry on a spear?"
"Where does Och live and does she often lose children?"

He looked expectantly at Dorn but it seemed she hadn't picked up on Onivers hint that an empty mouth was a busy mouth.


Actions


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
  #82  
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 06:35 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
The Bakery
left-aligned image
Dorn smiled to the goblin, and was quite surprised to find him leading the questions. They were good questions too, as they made her feel more comfortable that the odd group of visitors to the village, might actually be able to help.

"The old Druid has lived out in the woods somewhere, for a very long time. I've never met him myself, but people around here are very wary of him. Maybe their fear is justified... I don't know..."

"Ochala is good with timbers, if you need any carpentry done! She's... umm, an interesting character. Very helping, but also, I don't know how to say it, kind of slow?"

"Lately, yes, children missing is nothing new. It's horrible! Tich. And sweet Maja too, daughter of Mirayam Puddle who farms potatoes. She's... emotionally quite strange and confronting I must say. I still have hope, especially now, but Mirayam seems to have none at all."

Regarding the bread, the baker blinked a few times. These certainly weren't the kinds of inquiries she was expecting!

"Come again little friend? Carry on a spear? Well, yes, I do believe so! Why do you ask this? My crusts are thick and crunchy, should be able to sit on a spear for quite some time. Might want to stay away from the rain though."

And finally, Hemdan had asked about Och's home.

"She doesn't live so far away, just north a block. I can show you if you like? Och has never lost helpers before, not ever! I really don't think she is to blame for this... I hope she isn't..."

OOCHi everyone! Have a fun festive season if you can! I believe the original plan was for the wolfkin to sniff some of Tich's things in order to track the child. Not sure how you want to handle it now, but there are still other avenues to proceed along :-) Maybe after silly-season we can recruit a few reinforcements?
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Dec 18th, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
  #83  
Old Dec 22nd, 2022, 06:16 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
"Had the boy any other shoes? How large was he?" Phol asked, "Did any of the village try to follow his tracks?" It seemed this Ochala might be able to show them where Tich was last seen and the direction he had left; perhaps a trail might still exist though searchers for the boy would likely have trampled all over it.

"Does seem this Ochala bears speaking with, says I," Phol frowned for though Dorn seemed to think little ill of the carpenter the half-elf was distrustful by nature and though they the most likely culprit.

As an afterthought he asked, "This Maya you say is also missing, where did she disappear from? Not the woods too was it?"

OOC


  #84  
Old Dec 27th, 2022, 11:17 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344
Shoes
left-aligned image
Dorn turned to the somewhat "hard" looking fellow who was obviously a half-elf. Something about his presence was actually a reassurance, though his questioning was straight and direct.

"Other shoes? Oh, he has a very old second pair, would you like me to fetch them? He's twelve years old you see, and don't those toes just keep on growing! People have yes... looked for him, but we're such a small community it is difficult... especially when folks are scared."

"I can take you to Ochala any time. How about the morning? Maybe she can show you where they were lumbering? Maja... umm... that I can't answer. Her mother won't talk about it. She's a bit... loopy."
__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
  #85  
Old Dec 31st, 2022, 09:17 AM
Effete's Avatar
Effete Effete is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2847
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Posts: 1,472
Oniver Stramont
right-aligned image

"Yes, yes, Ms. Dorn. Tomorrow sounds like a wonderful time to take us to see Ochala. And perhaps this Mirayam Puddle as well, if there is time. But it is getting late, and we have things yet to discuss." Oniver had been pleased to let Hemdan and Phol field some questions. The hunter was practical in his line of questioning, but the mage was cunning. Oniver watched the goblin whenever he spoke, trying to parse out the hidden meanings. Why would he ask after a carpenter? Ahhh, ho ho! Of course! These peons cannot pay in coin, so the little imp wishes to engage in barter. Maybe a nice horse-drawn wagon as reward, eh? At one point, Onivers eyes met Hemdan's and it was like a shared thought flashed between them: "Where the heck are the pastries already?!"

But Oniver had another reason for examining the goblin. There was still the matter of that object he took from the basement. That ghoulie hadn't showed up until after it was found, and Hemdan's eyes were the first to start bleeding. These weren't just coincidences, but they were discussions to be had in private. The alibi with the baker had been set, though the group would of course need to meet Dorn tomorrow morning in order to keep the ruse up.

Oniver gathered his packs, smiled and bowed to Ms. Dorn one last time, and exited the bakery. When the others joined him, he quietly suggested they find a discrete way back to the inn. One that avoids the woodcarver's shop.


OOC

 

Last edited by Effete; Dec 31st, 2022 at 09:22 AM.
  #86  
Old Dec 31st, 2022, 02:53 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Oni was right, it was late and Stahl looked like he needed more time to rest up his leg. The thought of pastries was all that had kept him here so long and as those had failed to materialise he wanted a chance to examine his new trophies and explain to his companions. They all seemed much older and wiser and would likely have something useful to share with him.

"Tomorrow morn seems like a good idea to start looking and meeting Och would be extremely useful" he steps over to help up Stahl and steer him towards a bed at the inn.

He has a quick sniff at the air but assumes the smokey smell is from the bakers oven and not from anything they didn't do...


Actions


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
  #87  
Old Dec 31st, 2022, 09:52 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
The half-elf merely grunted in agreement as the meeting seemed to conclude. Tomorrow he would attempt to search where Ochala directed and they'd see whether any footprints of a 12 year old were in evidence or not. He nodded to their host then and followed his companions back into the evening air.

OOC


  #88  
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 06:08 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 4743
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,344


Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening Quarter (Day Two)

Weather: Why is it hazy all of a sudden?

Burned Bread?The visit had been successful! It was reassuring to know that there was more life in Greyvale than just the Inn and an angry apparition. The baker had been quite nice, and the trio left her home, pretty safe in the assumption that they'd probably be treated to a gluten-rich and soft, bready follow-up to the next day's breakfast. A morning return visit was now set with Dorn the baker, and a meetup with a lumberjack lass named Ochala was surely in tomorrow's early schedule.

As they returned to Greyvale's "streets", it seemed that a bit of haze had strangely appeared. Anyone new to the village might assume that people just liked their fireplaces a lot, and that the community tended to experience very cold evenings in these parts. Other folks new to the village, might realise that tonight's haziness was a little more... special than that.

With the group assembling to make their way back to the Inn, they heard a call down south a little way.

"Fire at Ephes! Help help!"

A few people started to emerge from timber homes, and Bethe from the Inn ran out onto the road too.

"Buckets people, grab buckets!"

"Get to the well or the river! Quick quick! We can't let this spread!"


A hive of activity was growing, around 8 folks now, some in their nightclothes...

__________________
UTC +10. Available to post most weekdays, but traveling 24-27 March 2023, so might be slower than usual.
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands -
PLAYER: Red Claw - Ebonclad - Blackguard - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Jan 4th, 2023 at 06:09 PM.
  #89  
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 10:31 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1015
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 687
Phol
right-aligned image
Phol looked to his companions and raised a crooked eyebrow, then turning he called out, "What's this? A fire? Where? Where is this Ephes?" he feigned ignorance.

Stepping forward he offered, "Where are these buckets? We'll form a line and pass them quickly!"

They'd all known this moment would come so there was no use hanging back. It would seem suspicious after all. So the half-elf bent to the task, the serious look to his face seeming right at place in so serious of a situation.

OOC


  #90  
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 11:31 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2623
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,369
Hemdan
left-aligned image


Phol was right to suggest they help out, best way to cover the crime is to get the rest of the village involved, but Hemdan had some things to take care off first.

"I will help once I get Stahl back to the inn" and secure a few items he thinks. If Stahl is stuck in the inn then he can guard a few things whilst he helps put out a fire that seems to have started mysteriously


Actions


 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB