DnD5e I want to be an Adventurer - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 10th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
Codex Sparks Codex Sparks Codex Sparks
right-aligned image

Name: Hultu
Race: Kobold
Class: Monk (Way of Ascendant Dragon) (Might take a couple levels of rogue or bard at some point)
Background: Entertainer

Traits: I'm a hopeless romantic, always searching for that "special someone."
I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
Ideals: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Community. Tribe members have to take care of each other, because no one else is going to do it. (Lawful)
Bonds: I idolize a dragon and measure my deeds against his.
As far as I know, I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaws: I'm a sucker for a pretty face.
I pretend not to understand the local language in order to avoid interactions I would rather not have.

Appearance: Hultu is a red scaled kobold with rather large horns and eyes that seem to glow like fire in the right lighting. She is rather androgynous, at least by mammalian standards, and usually dressed in dancer's garb. She is two and a half feet tall.

Personality: With an ally by her side, Hultu is brave enough to challenge anyone, though she will still go for any way of getting an advantage she can find. By herself, Hultu is a coward who will run at the first sign of danger. She takes great pride in both the draconic nature of the kobold species and having survived through harsh environments and an attack that wiped out the rest of her tribe. In spite of what she has lived through, she is usually cheerful, and is easily amused.

Backstory:

Goal:

Party role: Hultu is a mobile melee damage dealer, as well as being good with stealth. She will gain elemental damage and social capabilities as she gains levels.

Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Codex Sparks; Nov 10th, 2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 249
silveroak silveroak silveroak
I'm going to stick with what I have- I think my druid has more diversity of personality regarding the other druids than my artificer had with the other artificer.
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Remy Haystack

Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Cleric (Trickster Domain)
Background: Gambler
Traits:
  • Personality Trait 1: Every copper wants to be a silver. Each bet is an opportunity.
  • Personality Trait 2: I'm one of Lady Luck's favored. Anything I try is destined to succeed.
  • Ideal: Bravery: If you want to succeed, you have to take risks. (Chaotic)
  • Bond: Urchins once helped me find marks for my games. Now I'm driven to help them escape the streets.
  • Flaw: You can loan me a little, right? I've got a sure thing. I'll double your money, guaranteed.
Appearance: Standing just above three feet tall, and weighing in at a modest 48 pounds, Remy is not the most imposing figure. His fine clothes do little to help with that but unimposing is exactly the impression he strives to give off. He is rarely seen without his "walking stick," which an unfortunate few discovered too late to be his rapier. Aside from that, the only weapons that you'll see on the halfling are a couple of daggers on his belt. His skin is the typical tanned tone that is seen in most halflings from the region, as are his brown hair and green eyes. Around his neck hangs a medallion of a Symbol of Tymoragold coin, face up.

Personality: A hopeless optimist. Remy never doubts that things are going to go his way but when they do, he can't help but appreciate the balance of it all. As it is with most halflings, he is very genial and open-minded. Despite often coming across as carefree and somewhat chaotic, he is actually a very devout man. His priorities could easily be ranked from highest to lowest as: Tymora, Family, Friends, Winnings.

Party role: Combat Control. Hoping to make use of Remy's spells and abilities to keep the enemy off of their game. Also capable of healing, as needed.

Last edited by Treble83; Nov 13th, 2021 at 09:47 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
A world based on one of the greatest playstation games, how could i not give it a go.

Name: Ars Stormfold
Race: Half Elf
Class: Paladin (Multiclass into either fighter or hexblade later once i decide which one)
Background: Variant Noble (Knight) Swapping History, Persuasion skills with Perception and intimidation. Tool Proficiencies One type of gaming set with Land VehiclesWarborn Noble
Traits:
-Personality Trait- The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity, but those i meet on the battle field see my truest nature.
-Ideal- Family. Blood runs thicker than water, and my chosen friends are family.
-Bond- I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family, and to protect my friends.
-Flaw- well that's a secret

Appearance: Standing just under six feet tall Ars has very soft, almost feminine features. Most people, even other men, call him beautiful. His long silver hair hangs straight and comes just past his shoulders with a few braids woven in. His eyes are a cold thing o beauty to behold, so light of blue in color they almost look as silver as his hair. His skin is perfect, smooth, unmarred by scarring, with just a hint of a tan due to his near constant training from a young age. He tends to favor silver, white, and blue colors for both his normal dress and his armor but all are finely crafted and well cared for. His weapon of choice a halberd, made of black and gold metals and etched with the sigil of his house on the center of the blade, a bolt of lightning folded in half.

Personality: To most Ars is a kind man, seeing himself no better than commoners of his families lands he treats them all with respect as long as they do the same. He takes a long time to anger but once his fuse is gone it also takes him a long time to calm down as well which has caused trouble in the past. On the battle field though his personality changes entirely, he becomes cold and domineering. He sees his enemies not as people but as livestock to be slaughtered. Family means everything to him but he has learned that friends can be family even if not blood and using that as a guide he will do his best to protect anyone he calls friend and failing that he will seek vengeance on their behalf.

Backstory:
Ars was born between a high ranking noble and a tavern girl during one of the very few times he drank to much. When he was five years old his mother told him the truth about who his father was and asked for his forgiveness for not telling him sooner but to Ars there was nothing to forgive his mother for, she was just doing her best and what she thought was right to protect him. After learning of his true bloodline Ars devoted himself to learning, learning to read and wright, learning to ride a horse when he could borrow one from the stablemaster, and learning how to fight with a sword. All of these things he thought a noble would know and might get his father to notice him. half a year after he turned seven a tournament was held to determine the youths that had the potential to become soldiers and serve in the army. Ars took first place in that tournament despite having only a small stick that was fashioned to look like a sword instead of the practice swords the others had. This earned him the right to become a knight apprentice, as that is what the first place prize was, and he was called before the ranking noble and lord of the city. As he was a child his mother went with him and after seeing her face. recalling that night so long ago, and looking at Ars hair color and age the noblemen dismissed everyone else to speak to his son for the first time.

With a tearful good bye Ars left his mothers side and began living with his father who granted him the Stormfold last name. With the words "Show me you deserve the name i have given you." his father handed him over to one of the best knights in his employ and rarely interacted with him after that. Ars took those words as a challenge and became even more fervent in his training, and was knighted on his fifteenth birthday before he was an adult which shocked the other nobles and knights but during the ceremony Ars paid little attention to the gawks and jeers of the others, he focused on his father face and the slight smile that played at the edge of that mans mouth and felt pride for the first time. On his twentieth birthday, after his coming of age party, he asked his father for permission to become a knight-errant for a time to prove himself in front of the other nobles and knights. Again he watched the slight smile play at the edge of his fathers lips before the man spoke "Go and bring honor to our family my son." Those words have been etched into him heart ever since, and despite protests from his retainers he left two of them behind to tend his home while the third his squire was to travel with him for real world experience.

Goal: Ars wants to bring honor to his family, to get his fathers approval and to bring the name lightningfold to new heights within all of the kingdoms. (my goals, i would like for Ars to become a great noble perhaps even owning his own territory much later)

Party role: Tank, acceptable damage, and a face if need be.
Sorry for being away for so long. Long story short my best friend committed suicided just before covid lockdowns and i have been depressed...combo that with not being able to work and take care of my fam and well you get the picture. But doing better, taking it slow.

Last edited by Rylus; Nov 12th, 2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 01:19 PM
Dungeon Delver

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 775
Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k
For stat rolls, do you allow rerolling for certain conditions. I rolled very average stats,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunawolf30k View Post
Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (5, 1)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 5)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 1)+6 Total = 8

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (3, 3)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 6)+6 Total = 13

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (5, 1)+6 Total = 12
four 12's, a 13 and an 8. I hate asking to reroll, but I am worried this character won't last long on the front lines.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I'll allow a reroll for those stats.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I rolled for my character's stats HERE in the event I make the cut. I also added a link to her character sheet.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Alright, tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, so I'm making my selection today while i have the time. i decided to go with two groups.

group 1
kanly;
Chaos Havik;
JaredSyn;
Drachenspirit;
delpinator;
ManicMonky

group 2
Treble83;
Lunawolf30k;
Codex Sparks;
Sirius;
O2CXt3;
Talissen70

those selected can find the game here I thank everyone who applied.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 12:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Congrats on the one's chosen, hope you have fun
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 08:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3803
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Thank you and best of luck to all.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Congrats to everyone. Good gaming!