DnD5e UltraViolet Grasslands - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 5th, 2021, 02:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1478
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@Silver - I meant the actual game play.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 02:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 576
Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
@Silver - I meant the actual game play.
Ah, I see, my mistake. From what I gather from the introduction manual, though, it's mostly the same as D&D 5e, with some custom mechanics for caravan travel. Unless the DM wanted to add some of the other aspects mentioned, that is.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 01:41 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5616
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Thanks for the apps and interests so far!

@JRod: As Silver Sonome pointed out - there's a free pdf of the setting. It's a pretty functional player's guide, but don't feel too bound to anything it says there. If it hits the vibe well, it works for us.

The mechanics in the free pdf (and the paid one) are technically referring to the designer's personal d20 game made for the setting, which is kind of a hand-wavey thing that is inspired by 5e D&D (and we are not using). Mechanically - we're using 5th Edition D&D as-is.

I do reference some tables here and there - but if a mechanic does get introduced from the setting; I'll explain it.

Here is a link to the game, if you want to take a peek at the Game so far.

Posting rate is roughly once a week.

Very little combat has occurred, and when it has, it has not been deadly. It's always been theater of the mind, not tactical with maps.

The story is meandering, checking out points in the point crawl (which'll have additional points of interest within).

It's a very relaxed game, all things considered.

Last edited by Inuvash255; Nov 5th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1120
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Nimo

Concept: Nimo ate a very bad plant, and now Nimo is very ill. Nimo is in the process of completely losing his physical body and becoming a shadow. This is very bad, because Nimo doesn't know what will happen to him once he can't interact with the world anymore, and he's starting to forget what it's like to be human. This is also very fun, because shadows can take lots of silly shapes.

Nimo has a little flying helper robot that travels with him and acts as his hands sometimes when he's feeling particularly intangible.

Nimo is a reskinned Circle of the Moon Druid. His wildshape is distorted, shadowy versions of different creatures he has seen, always with a big smile on.

Want: Nimo wants connection with others. He is curious and loves to mimic people. He's not too concerned with his condition, because it lets him do fun things, but he does miss having friends. Or did he ever have friends? He doesn't quite remember.

Need: Nimo needs a cure for his condition before he Fades right out of existence. Maybe if he travels around trying different things, he will come across an answer.

Last edited by morgantha; Nov 5th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old Nov 6th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1478
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application
right-aligned image

Name: OrQuore Tius
Class: Artificer/Cleric(Forge) or Artificer/Warlock(Celestial Tomb)

Concept: OrQuore was once a highly sought after and highly desired creator of things. As a master mechanic and inventor he was use to dazzling royalty and swaying the hearts of women, men and supernatural Alike. He was a self proclaimed celebrity, capable of amazing feats with hands that seemed to be gifted by the gods themselves.

OrQ fell victim to an insatiable addiction to psychedelics, toxins, and any form of medication he could find. Thus, altering his mind, breaking his connection with the divine and ultimately being the reason he has descended so far, marooning him to scower the grasslamds. The wealthy no longer call upon him. Royalty no longer suite him, and his profession no longer a viable source of sustenance. He now wanders the Grasslands, fighting or fixing his way to his next meal.

OrQ's companion comes in the form of an AI living in his suit, 'Scrapper'. Though its not an AI at all, rather his subconscious working for and against him. Often provoking him or rescuing him in different situations.

Want: To find as many parts to enhance and keep his suite in top notch shape. To keep it looking clean, magnificent and marvelous. To show he is of a caliber much higher than his current state.

To consume copious amounts of narcotics, easing his pain.

Need: To find his purpose once again. To regain connection with the divine. To gain favor and ascend to the ranks to where he once stood.

To gain control over his substance addiction before it kills him.

Last edited by Jrod; Nov 9th, 2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Hey all, I think I'm going to put the deadline on this Friday, 11/12 at 11:00 EST.

Once again, thanks for all these apps. They're excellent to read through. ^ -^

Old Nov 10th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11060
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Gixis
right-aligned image

There was a zoo along the Momentary Fringes called Kaleidoscope. It holds many things. Colorful things. Mostly other people's purposes and their lamentations. Two things that need tending and feeding lest they wilt in the dreary mist of obligations. Gixis isn't right sure if he's a purpose or a lamentation. Sometimes he feels like neither. Sometimes he feels like both. On the one hand, purposes got better feeding than lamentations most days. And, he'd rightly admit, he is somewhat well formed. Broad if you're being polite. Something else if you not. Yet, he surely could be a lamentation he sometimes thinks. Especially when the Anger is on him or, as is very common, he's hungry.

Gixis is often hungry now that he is free of that place. He'll eat most anything. It gets him in a lot of trouble since most things don't like to be eaten. Like his last caravan for instance. Which, if the truth is really told, wasn't all his fault. Sure, he ate Krebs. But Krebs had it coming. And Wiley. Just a snack. If all the rest woulda calmed right down, then the Anger wouldn't have bounced outa Gixis so hard and they's all still be living. Plus, why'd those small things ever thought travellen with Gixis was safe is beyond Gixis to understand. Little bite sized fey and wee spritish folk. So cute. So crunchy.

Gixis usually doesn't try to eat things that are mostly his size or bigger. Usually. But sometimes the Anger lets him have what he wants. Or, they just smell nice. And that gets him every time.

Want : Gixis wants to figure out why he was in the zoo. Whether he is a purpose or lamentation. And not to be so damn hungry all the time.

Need : Gixis needs to know he's carrying all the purposes and lamentations of the zoo inside him. Every one trying to bust out. All so very hungry. Because he is the Kaleidoscope, he is the Zoo, and Things are trying to put him back where they think he belongs before they're obligated to let him be free and lose all their purposes and lamentations locked up inside him.

Last edited by GeneT; Nov 12th, 2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:17 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all!

First of all, thanks for all the wonderful apps. It was a joy to read through each of them.

After consulting with the group a bit, I've decided to pick Silver Sonome's Soda Stereo and O2CXt3's Professor Kazi.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:38 AM
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15619
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
Oh ... was just making an app ... I didn't look closely at the date and thought it referred to this coming Friday ... ah well ... I'll tuck my Dhampir Tortle Soulblade away for another weird and wacky exploration game =D

left-aligned image
Edit: I had been touching up the image I had found on Photoshop to fit. May as well share for ships and giggles! Meet Eisenlags. He was devoured near a fuzzy rift by a strange sentient carnivorous plant with an overwhelming curiosity to explore the world and understand its mysteries. You see, Eisenlags only mostly died. Now he walks the Ultraviolet Grasslands as the plant's 'eyes and legs' - going where his legless devourer can't go, seeing what his unseeing devourer can't see ... all the way to witness the end of time on his devourer's behalf. Eisenlags is possessed with his 'Maker's' thirst for knowledge ... the thirst is becoming quite intense. If Eisenlags could, he would bite into life and drink every last drop from it.

Last edited by jbear; Nov 16th, 2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 01:25 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry 'bout that jbear!

Cool work on the picture though!
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Darn, oh well, it was a good try all the same. Congrats on those two
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 07:51 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools