DnD5e Dragon Storm Rising - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 12:46 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5585
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Ooh, this looks good! Posting interest...

App
right-aligned image
Character Name: Kithfira
Race: Halfling
Class: Druid (Circle of the Moon)
Alignment: CG
Description: Standing tall at 3’0 with a sturdy gate and agile frame, Kithfira carries herself with a quiet confidence gained through years of hard self-reliance. Long and wavy hair, gold as rich grain, drapes well passed her narrow shoulders as she scavenges the brush for berries and herbs. Startled by a booming roar in the distance, a wide and wary amber gaze peers up at the sky through the hood of a yellow poncho weathered by the elements. The sound triggered a haunting twinge from the twisted keloid scar clinging to her back, demanding that she act.

Personality: Kithfira, like any Halfling, is kind and forthright with a strong desire to set things right. Though at times she struggles with reconciling her feelings of abandonment, she hasn’t given up on people or the world she left behind. Kithfira is no longer that helpless child, plagued by fear. She wants to feel mirthful again, to make friends and find a new family, people to hold to and stay true to in dire straits. Kithfira is optimistic that she will one day rejoin civilization, all she needs is a little nudge and a pinch of guts.

Background: Feral Child

Trait 1: People’s problems in civilized society seem trivial to me.
Trait 2: I am more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal: Freedom. I will be true to my own moral compass rather than care what "society" thinks. (Chaotic)
Bond: The dragons destroyed everything you hold dear. They killed your family and destroyed your home. Now, with nothing but what you carry on your back and a horrid scar of the near fatal wounds you sustained in the attack, you seek revenge.
Flaw: In the wild, my animal friends were my lifeline. Now, I often become possessive of my friends.

Character History: Kithfira truly hailed from nowhere, even before she became a denizen of the wilds. Her family were part of a traveling Halfling troupe that would trundle up and down the Sword Coast. However, the troupe one day followed closely behind a wealthy caravan heading south on the Trade Way. Without warning fire rained down from above. As everything burned to cinders, she witnessed dragons carrying off the wagons full of Waterdeep gold. The aftermath was grim. Her family and everyone she knew had died in one swoop. By some miracle she had survived with a mere smoldering burn. However, when reinforcements from the city came to investigate, they did not believe her story and left her for dead. With nowhere to go, Kithfira struggled to survive by begging passing travelers for food or coin. When that was not enough, the young halfling became resourceful and learned to live off the forests and the fields. The mysterious forces of the wilds drew out the latent magic within her, opening the way for Kithfira to bond with animals and the elements.

As the years wore on, Kithfira never forgot what she saw and how the world abandoned her. It was not a hallucination, those mystical beasts were after gold, and the truth of this was branded on her very flesh. If only fate would grant her the chance to avenge her family, Kithfira would happily make them regret it!

Last edited by DaniLore; Mar 4th, 2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 01:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 149
oakfed oakfed
I'd be interested. Have played messageboard and PbeM games for yonks, but new to this website.

Character Name: Ophorio Maglan
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Rogue
Description: A long, lean red-headed fellow with a fetching smile, festooned with cheap jewelry and expensive knives.
Personality: A thrill-seeker and chaser of romance, for years Ophorio had little motivation beyond making the next big score and wasting the proceeds in debauchery. Then they kidnapped his friend. Now he - okay, there's still a little debauchery. But it's more a sideline than a goal.
Background: Charlatan
Trait 1: Can't help bragging. Always the star - in his own stories, at least.
Trait 2: Determined to prove he is worth something. His father threw him out of the house as a no-good stealing blackguard, though he was stealing to support the family. Mostly. The anger stuck with him for years, though he tried dissipating it in drink and debauchery. But now he's focused - at least, as focused as he can be.
Ideal: Independence
Bond: You have heard rumors that your close childhood friend, a half-elf named Talis, has been kidnapped by a strange group of dragon cultists. Your investigations into the cult have led you to the town of Greenest. You must save her!
Flaw: Convinced everyone fancies him. It's a curse he reluctantly bears.

The black sheep of a poor but devout family, Ophorio fell in with the wrong crowd while seeking to earn something to make their lives easier. Disowned, he turned to deception full-time to spite his father. He became a moderately successful pickpocket and con man. Slowly mellowing somewhat, he came home after not hearing anything for several years. But he had no chance to mend things - his father had just died. At the funeral, he heard that a childhood friend had been kidnapped by dragon cultists - he could rescue her! That'd show he was good for something after all!

Last edited by oakfed; Mar 1st, 2020 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Add character sheet link
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 02:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Aquawolf238 Aquawolf238
Name: Rathal

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Monk

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Description: Rathal is 200 years old and has always been tall for an elf. He keeps his black hair short, making sure to keep it out of his eyes. A jagged scar runs right under his left eye and down to the right side of his face, making the green vine tattoo on the left side of his neck and face stand out.

Personality: For the most part Rathal is very calm. He likes to stay out of arguments, quietly watching and deciding who he agrees with. Once his decision is made it is hard to sway him. He does not like arguments, though, preferring to try and compromise. All he wants is a peaceful life, but will go out of his way to bring peace to others, even if it means creating chaos and drama in his own life. His calm demeanor will break if the innocent and the weak are being hurt.

Background: Hermit

Trait 1: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer.

Trait 2: I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.

Bond 1: Every five nights I have strange apocalyptic dreams. The world is destroyed by cold, choking fumes, lightning storms, waves of acid, and horrible fire. Each time, the dream ends with ten evil eyes glaring at you from the darkness. You feel a strange compulsion to travel to Greenest. Perhaps the answer to the riddle of your dreams awaits you there.

Bond 2: I am still seeking the enlightenment I perused in my seclusion. It still evades me.

Ideal: Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking.

Flaw: My decisions are final. Once I have made up my mind it is hard to make me change my decision.

Character History: As a child Rathal lived in the small village of Leurbost. His parents were modest people, working menial jobs, but they were happy. One day bandits came and attacked their home and killed most of the villagers. Rathal hid in an old well and managed to survive. Seeking out help, he was found by Monks from a secluded monastery nearby, who decided to take him in.
After many years of living in the monastery, Rathal began to have strange dreams. The world seemed to be ending before his very eyes and there was nothing he could do. He went to his mentor, a female Halfling named Nedvira, who believed the dreams were a prophesy. She sent him out of the monastery to learn more about his dreams and to see if there was a way to stop this possibly world ending event.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wood elf.jpg
Views:	1585
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	83269  

Last edited by Aquawolf238; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 07:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2312
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
COMPLETED

ApplicationName: Targun
Race: Variant Human
Class: Cleric (Life)
Description: Targun is a tall and lithe fellow. He has a dark complexion, going slightly further than being tanned. He has thin facial hair, slightly more than a five o'clock shadow. He wears comfortable, easy clothes and tries to hide he is wearing armor. He keeps himself clean and neat, taking pride in his outlook. He has hazel, smart-looking eyes. He is quick to smile. There is a small Chauntea symbol hanging from his crossbow, to show his faith in The Great Mother.

Personality: Targun has a strong character. He is self-confident. He thinks he knows himself quite well. If you ask him, he is selfish and shrewd. He thinks he is wiser than most fools around him. But he is not obnoxious or snob. He likes people. In reality, he is wise; except for the things he is not, for the things he really cares. He is selfish, but then gives everything he has for the things that won't matter to anyone but himself. He is capable; but frankly, he doesn't give a damn.

He wants to make a "name" for himself. As an orphan he didn't have "the tough life", most of them have. But he was alone. And growing up, he learned that you don't need anyone's approval. Only yourself. After this understanding, he put himself in the middle of the universe. He might not care for society's expectations of him, but he certainly has many for himself. That is why his goal is to become "a man", that he is proud of. This can come with: money, power, recognition. But his current understanding and attitude about the subject is: it is all of them combined. And the best way for achieving this is to become an adventurer. But he is not your typical adventuring cleric, wearing a set of armor and swinging his mace around. His connection to Chauntea is on a much more personal level than to act as his job.

When he left the temple, something happened. He believed in a lost cause. It was so obvious that the cause was lost, nobody would have bet on it. Except for Targun. Contrary(?) to his character he fell for it. There is not much to explain why he fell for it. He just did. And he dropped everything for it. Probably a similar situation will not happen again. It requires extreme conditions. But it is really safe to assume that it will come to haunt him.

Background: Sailor.

Sheet: Link

Optional

Last edited by Duxus; Nov 30th, 2021 at 03:37 AM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 07:40 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329
Reserving for character app - working on a hexblade warlock build

Last edited by SpecialKay329; Mar 1st, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:22 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
App
right-aligned image
Character Name:Dúrnir, son of Mótsognir, of Clan Blackhammer.
Race: Mountain DwarfShield Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Alignment: LN
Description: Dúrnir is 4'11" and 155#. With green eyes and impeccably braided auburn hair his visage is striking. Dúrnir prefers to wear clothes of muted colors but will put on something colorful for festivities. He has gained no scars as of yet but looks forward to earning one in a hard fought battle.
Personality: An energetic and perceptive risk-taker, Dúrnir is of a serious bent. Not that he can't take a joke; on the contrary, he loves pranks but just isn't a prankster himself. Dúrnir is not fond of overly complex plans thinking that the more cogs in the wheels, the more chances for something to go wrong. He is a man of his words- an oath once given is an oath fulfilled in his book. Dúrnir does not broke slackers- everyone needs to pull his weight for the betterment of the team. Finally, he has a burning hatred for all that is evil and wishes to smite it out. Wrongdoers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Background: Guild Artisan
OPTIONAL FEATURE: DRAGON SCHOLAR
You have studied dragons and their lore for many years. You can automatically identify locations built or used by dragons and can identify dragon eggs and scales by sight. If you fail an Intelligence check to recall lore relating to dragons, you know someone or some book you can consult for the answer unless the DM rules that the lore is unknown.
  • Trait 1: No need to overthink. A simple solution is usually the best solution.
  • Trait 2: I'm an optimist. No ifs ands or buts.
  • Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan.
  • Bond: When an orc raid drove my family from my home, the people of Greenest took us in. Anyone who threatens Greenest is your sworn enemy.
  • Flaw: I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Character History: When very young, Dúrnir's clanhold was overrun by a horde of orcs backed by ogres and half-ogres. His father, Mótsognir, was able to resettle in Greenest as a blacksmith. The people of the town were appreciative of the workmanship his family brought and did everything in their power to make Dúrnir's family welcomed. In his forty first year Dúrnir's father traveled with several other dwarves to their clanhold to scout out the feasibility of retaking it. They were never heard from again. Dúrnir went to a small monastery dedicated to the dwarven pantheon. There he committed his life to Clangeddin Silverbeard and to the extermination of all that is evil.

Last edited by MarsComulus; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 11:37 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14001
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Drachenspirit Any potential plans on continuing the campaign past level 4 (perhaps into Hoard of the Dragon Queen)?
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 01:00 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Cool character Toten!
Oh goodness I think your character just needs some big dragon size hugs if we play together
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 02:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Responses to questions and comments

- Corrected my typo there in the Bonds section (thanks Lemming23!) I told you my style was collaborative.

- Speaking of Bonds… Note that you can still have another Bond listed in addition to one of those listed.

- Multiclassing – by all means, multiclassing is fine. That said, all are starting out with one Class, and adding a different Class will come when characters are advanced.

- Tieflings:
o Zariel – I will allow this “Indulgence”, however with just the brief description provided from UA addition, it seems a little off kilter. Giving a +1 to STR, and not INT to a subrace that “receives magical abilities that aid them in battle”, means they’ll be slightly less familiar with Arcana (not having the +1 to INT that other Tieflings have).
o Alternate view of Tieflings, that of being born of humans.
I will allow this “Indulgence” and will rule, for this Campaign, that the Infernal language is innate. That said, I’ll only allow it if it isn’t a focus for the character. I rather like the “mystery” facet, or aspect of how a Tiefling came from a human family better than it being something discussed at depth in the game.
- Grappling, UA Variant Style option (submitted in a PM)
I’ll allow this Indulgence
- Those not asking for an “Indulgence” will get one random item off the Uncommon Magic Item list form the DMG. I will roll for this item after a player/character is accepted.
- Those not asking for an “Indulgence” and rolling for a Bond will get an Uncommon item “better suited” to their character. (Meaning I’ll roll 3 times and choose the best that fits.)

- I usually include this at the bottom of a Game Advert Post, but I forgot this time. The site prohibits die rolling in this forum.

- I would like to see a character sheet with each application. This will help me with choosing an effective team by seeing Ability scores, skills, chosen weapons and armor, languages and such. Equipment can still be changed up until start of game.

- Continuing the Campaign past level 4
o Yes. The adventures/game laid out is specifically designed to prepare characters to jump right into “Hoard of the Dragon Queen.”
o Note that it will not be a mad dash to get there. There is the possibility of up to 24 Encounters along the way, with each varying from short to long combat, and more than half having significant RP to gather/mull over information. It is possible that just more than half of the encounters happen, and in a number of possible “orders” due to Character decisions and die rolls, so we’ll all find out together.
- I will be creating a table in the first post sometime later today with who has a submission and whether or not it is complete, and if not complete, what is missing.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 1st, 2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 03:12 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
My application is for all intents and purposes, complete. Although I will make slight modifications in the upcoming weeks. If anyone is bored and enjoys nitpicking I would accept any criticism of my application =D. And I now enter that all too familiar feelings of having finished way before the deadline and waiting forever to find out the results.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 03:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Totentanzen - I'll read through it using my "Technical Writing skills", (Actual college class, and useful in writing Quotes to customers as part of my job!), and give some responses later today.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 03:54 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Totentanzen - I'll read through it using my "Technical Writing skills", (Actual college class, and useful in writing Quotes to customers as part of my job!), and give some responses later today.
Something like that could have gone a long way to help me in my families business haha. Alas I was one of those students who coped out and ended up taking a drama class to pass my English requirements.

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 04:26 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9703
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Uunishka
right-aligned image
Character Name: Uunishka (Ooh-Nish-Kah)

Race: Dragonborn (Brass)

Class: Warlock (Levistus- Infernal patron of vengeance and betrayal)

Description: A young brass dragonborn nearing the cusp of adulthood (13 years). She stands about 6ft and is slighter than many dragonborn. Her horns are not yet fully grown, and her eyes are a dark endless black against her brass mottled scales. She always wears a hood in a futile attempt to hide her heratage from the world.

Personality: Uuni is a lost soul, desperate to find purpose. She is shy and nervous, always looking for acceptance and very impressionable- she is likely to cling to anyone who shows her even a hint of sympathy or compassion. She is a listener rather than a talker, but will gain confidence as she learns to master her new arcane powers. Having little else to hold onto she has been led to believe that vengeance will make her complete, and conversing with her patreon in her dreams drives her ever towards this goal.

Background: Far Traveler (Mulhorand)

Trait 1: I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.

Trait 2: I am slow to trust members of other races.

Ideal: I must be careful; I have no way of telling friends from foe here.

Bond: You and your family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until your rivals in the cult arranged to wipe you out. Though they slaughtered your kin, you survived, but they think you’re dead. Now is your chance for vengeance! Your hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. You have arrived in Greenest, knowing it’s next on the cult’s list of targets.

Flaw: I am desperate. Both for revenge and acceptance. Whichever I find first I will throw myself into head first, with little regard for logic, reason, or my own safety.

Character History: Uuni was raised in the sweltering deserts of Mulhorand where her clan served the Cult of the Dragon at the Plains of Purple Dust. When several eastern factions were relocated to Faerun there was a great deal of friction between those worshipers relocated from Mourktar and her own clan which ultimately resulted in the slaughter of her family. Uuni managed to escape but she was thrust into a world she barely understood. As a dragonborn she drew attention, and as a foreigner she had a minimal handle on sword-coast culture and customs. Life was hard. She struggled, resorting to criminality out of desperation and wandering Faerun without a cause or direction. One day, cold, hungry and almost at the end of her rope she met a stranger- a tall dark man who took her in and gave her a good meal.
The stranger was an avatar of Levistus and over several meetings, both in person and in her dreams, he convinced her that vengeance on the people who killed her family was the only reason left for her to live. With little else to hold onto she accepted his arcane powers for her mission of vengeance and set out for Greenest.

Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83944

Last edited by Wishkamon; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:10 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31872
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi Drachen

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:32 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31872
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi Oakie -

I hope you are well! We pretty much have the same background. My application is also a ranger who got her whole village destroyed and took refuge to Greenest and finally joined the city guards as a ranger. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 08:32 PM.