RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22099
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Moonzar is right to bring this topic up - Applications that are really close in Class, background, etc.

Here's my thoughts on this: The chosen group will need at least 1 Rogue, and at least 1 Wizard type. One of the remaining three "Should" be a Cleric or Druid, and most likely will be. So, if your character will most certainly Multiclass the first or 2nd time XP given makes this possible, please state what that class will be and this may very well be what tips the scales in your favor.
While I am not opposed to having two rangers in the group, if so chosen, they would have to be very different in everything else after class, to include background.

Feedback requested is below in Secret tags to those who so asked.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling errrrrs.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:11 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31872
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Drachen

About the age Eleanore joined the village, would 14 (4 years ago) make sense? Not sure about the timeline of the cult of the dragon, never played.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:25 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7390
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Oh nuts! I spent all afternoon on this and was relieved to finally be done and and feeling sooooo original. LOL. I'm going to let it rest for now and decide tomorrow whether to adjust my background (you were first, after all) or argue that we came in with the same bunch of refugees and have been buds all that time, including as city rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Hi Oakie -

I hope you are well! We pretty much have the same background. My application is also a ranger who got her whole village destroyed and took refuge to Greenest and finally joined the city guards as a ranger. Just wanted to let you know.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Oakie - Please make your character sheet Public so we can see it.

@Moonzar - I'm not going to worry about the exact timeline in the Forgotten Realms 'Verse, even if they have one. We'll only track the passage of time in this Campaign/game.

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:28 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
Oh nuts! I spent all afternoon on this and was relieved to finally be done and and feeling sooooo original. LOL. I'm going to let it rest for now and decide tomorrow whether to adjust my background (you were first, after all) or argue that we came in with the same bunch of refugees and have been buds all that time, including as city rangers.
Thanks, no worries, just trying to help fellow players. There's nothing wrong that our characters are friends in the militia, however, you might want to find another reason how your halfling got there. Anyway this is going to be a popular game, it can't be helped that many people will have the same class.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:30 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7390
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
@Drachenspirit: Done. PM me if you still can't see it, and I'll troubleshoot ... not that I expect trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Oakie - Please make your character sheet Public so we can see it.

Last edited by Oakie; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Oakie - I can see it now. Thanks!

Everyone - I added HPs to Advert, which are max at 1st level. Just updated Application list as well. I only look if I see your app has been edited since last time I looked.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 1st, 2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Fixed my grammar, next I will look into the character sheet. I'm new to 5th edition, so I have to review all the rules.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:03 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Oh goodness I think your character just needs some big dragon size hugs if we play together
Outch! With 16 str he better be gentle, she will break.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:12 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
I like the groups I am seeing so far! Whoever makes the cut I have no doubt this will be a solid game.

Last edited by Totentanzen; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:23 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Outch! With 16 str he better be gentle, she will break.
Worry not! I can heal you if I break you. "Can I pets the rabbits George?"

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:25 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Drachen

Please which type of natural explorer terrain you recommend? Sounds like the place is surrounded by grassland?

Choose one type of favored terrain: arctic, coast, desert, forest, grassland, mountain, swamp, or the Underdark

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If anyone has any questions about anything that's in the Advert post, or what I am looking for if you're just not sure, please ask. Asking in a PM or secret tags is fine if you so desire.
Also, if anyone wants to connect your character to another player's character, by all means reach out to that other player. Given the "Bond" requirement, it is probable that of those that make the cut, some will know some others; especially those that have live in, or have been to Greenest before.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:40 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Totentanzen

Eleanore is in town since 4 years. As part of her class she has favored enemy dragon, she needed someone to teach her draconic and about dragon. I can write about that in my application if you'd like. Maybe that's how they became friends.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:54 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1333
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
@Drachenspirit: Zachary's character sheet should now be in the application as a hyperlink on his name !