DnD5e Dragon Storm Rising - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:59 AM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9703
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
I have also finished! Please feel free to share any reservations/critisism etc!
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...11#post8679311
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 01:04 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5585
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
my app is complete as well, thanks.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 02:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Updates: Changed # of applicants that will be accepted to 6.
Added Deadline of 2/14 @ 2 pm CST.

@Treble83 - Crossbow swap approved.
@Aquawolf238 - You still have 2 points to spend on Ability Scores
@Duxus - Need to choose your Variant Human Feat and add to char sheet
@MarComulus - You are one point to high on Ability Score cost
@Avner - Please add a Flaw to your app
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 02:32 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7150
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Oh... Estrada’s name in the application is now a link to the character sheet.
Posting Rate: Very Slow | Discord: Numen Wraith#9817
Characters: Drystan the Red|Anders Foundlingson|Jan Gauss|Breton Guan|Hittebarn|Quelludorn Slagaxe|Schtphjørnie Tookenmind
DMing: Labyrinth | Fenmire Dynasties
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 02:33 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32577
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Updates: Changed # of applicants that will be accepted to 6.
Added Deadline of 2/14 @ 2 pm CST.

@Treble83 - Crossbow swap approved.
@Aquawolf238 - You still have 2 points to spend on Ability Scores
@Duxus - Need to choose your Variant Human Feat and add to char sheet
@Avner - Please add a Flaw to your app
So you're saying my app is flawless

Updated!

Looking for character connections if anyone is interested.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 02:55 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9703
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
made sheet public!

Also up for links. Probably some roguish types who might have helped her lay low or maybe even taught her a few tricks for survival on the run? or just struggled together for a while? I'll have a more thorough read and reach out to some peeps soon ^^

Last edited by Wishkamon; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 03:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Aquawolf238 Aquawolf238
I updated my character Sheet. Hopefully it is all correct now . Please let me know if it is not and I will fix it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 03:55 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Guilhem, Half Elf Bard
left-aligned image
Character Name: Guilhem

Race: Half Elf

Class: Bard

Description: Guilhem crops his hair short on an irregular timetable, so it could be anywhere between stubble and getting in his eyes depending on when he last did so. He always has a few days worth of stubble on his chin though. His eyes are his most noticeable feature, darkest blue with gold flecks in them that contrast (with his black hair) against his far too pale skin - he has an almost anaemic look to him at times - and his slender, some would say scrawny, figure gives the impression he hasn't eaten properly in a while. He looks more like a down on his luck ruffian than a talented musician, part of his new persona.

Personality: Since his father's decent death and his mother's leaving for Evermeet, Guilhem finds himself alone for the first time in his life, and is a little maudlin because of it. He has friends dotted all over the place, and has a fierce attachment to them, but in recent days he's had to distance himself from them lest the cult he is investigating attack him through them. Guilhem is not a loner by nature, and makes friends easily, swearing his undying loyalty to them quickly and permanently, and he is having a hard time at the moment. He has sworn not to endanger others in his quest, but if any similarly-minded adventurers were to cross his path, he would gladly relent on that oath.

Background: Faction Agent (Harpers)

Trait 1: I think on my feet. Back-up plans never work out.

Trait 2: I try not to get attached to others, because of the nature of my work, but I always fail.

Ideal: Fight corruption and tyranny. Destroy the Cult of the Dragon and right my father's wrongs.

Bond: On his deathbed, my father confessed that he had become involved with a group called the Cult of the Dragon. They paid him to smuggle goods across the Sword Coast. Wracked by guilt, he begged me to investigate the cult and undo the evil he may have helped foster. He urged me to begin your search in a town called Greenest.

Flaw: I'll never let a friend down, no matter the cost.

Character History: Guilhem styles himself as a simple traveller rather than as a bard or troubadour, though lately, after his father's death, he has spent more time in his newly adopted persona - that of Gilles, a rough ne'er-do-well and low-standing initiate of the Cult of the Dragon. While he hasn't yet been properly initiated into the deeper mysteries of the Cult or their plans, he has learned a few things about their operations. He hardly even touches his instruments any more, preferring to carry only the birdpipes his elven mother gave him before she took the voyage to Evermeet after her husband died, and the occasional reed pipe that he makes as he travels. As Gilles, he is still learning to play the pipes, purposefully making errors as if an amateur, making false starts, practicing the same easy notes over and over, and generally annoying his cult comrades as much as he entertains them.

Guilhem was contacted and inducted into the Harpers around the same time as he infiltrated the Cult, by friends from the bardic college he attended who were long-time members of the faction, and so he has not yet built up the network of contacts or learned all the passwords of the secretive group that others have at their disposal. If he's honest, he's still not entirely certain of the Harpers and whether he should put his trust in them, but since they seem to be singing from the same hymn-sheet, he will see how things develop.

Link to character

Playing: None. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)

Last edited by Lemming23; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 08:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I think I got everyone's App's listed in the main post.
Given there's 15 apps in already, I may change the deadline to this Saturday, March 7th.

@Numen Wraith - You "Tie-in Bond" is listed in a secret tag, but not noted openly in the list. That's why I keep wanting to tag it as "not there."

@Danilore - Your character sheet is still "hidden", so I can't sign off on it. Let me know when you make it public and I'll check it out.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:08 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
@Numen Wraith - You "Tie-in Bond" is listed in a secret tag, but not noted openly in the list. That's why I keep wanting to tag it as "not there."

I just spent like an hour and a half sending you a convoluted PM about that.
Characters: Drystan the Red|Anders Foundlingson|Jan Gauss|Breton Guan|Hittebarn|Quelludorn Slagaxe|Schtphjørnie Tookenmind
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post

I just spent like an hour and a half sending you a convoluted PM about that.
I just read it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:51 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Quote:
Increased CON from 12 to 13 (15 w/racial adjustment) and decreased WIS from 15 to 14.
Attributes now calculate at 27 points.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:02 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsComulus View Post
Increased CON from 12 to 13 (15 w/racial adjustment) and decreased WIS from 15 to 14.
Attributes now calculate at 27 points.
You big dummy!

Edit: This should be viewed in the self deprecating light of “Hahaha, you lowered your wisdom” (without actually changing your modifier) coming from a character with twinned 8’s in INT and WIS.

Last edited by Numen Wraith; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:17 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5585
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Sorry, her sheet is fixed now. Let me know if something needs tweaking
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yep. Everyone's apps are good.

I just read through all of them and did summary ( not a critique or "yes" or "no" vote) of character - race, class, background, skills, Tie-in Bonds, etc. and I read through them all again slowly. Because I know some of you from other games, and I have a soft spot for new members, I am going to have to only use character names when I get down to making my decisions.

This isn't going to be easy. Great apps everyone. Every single one has one or more unique things about them that appeal to me and stand out.