DnD5e Dragon Storm Rising - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 04:20 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Rice and beans w/pernil... that'll put some weight on you.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 04:21 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31872
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I like red beans as dessert...

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 05:54 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 06:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2312
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Duxus - Need to choose your Variant Human Feat and add to char sheet
I thought I would choose after the team is built, upon tech. requirement. But alas, I've chosen a safe one.

Good luck everyone! all applications look great!
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 07:20 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
@Moonzar

Perfect! That's what I was thinking. Ill add a chunk to my app tonight when I have the moment.

Also...Red beans as dessert? I am with Numen ill stick to potatoes.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 07:25 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Anko (red bean) : https://www.justonecookbook.com/how-...ed-bean-paste/
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 07:57 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 772
Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver
This looks like my kind of campaign, I wanted to offer up a character I really hope to play. But all the other characters are looking great, I'm sure you're set for a fun game. Good luck everyone.

Esper Hartwind
right-aligned image

Character Profile: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83958
Character Name: Esper Hartwind
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer, Shadow Magic

Description: More often holding a faraway look in her eyes than an expected bright and bubbly demeanour, Esper is an attractive young woman with long dark hair. Her clothes show her to be aspiring to levels of nobility, but are just dirty enough to make her a recognisable commoner. Striking is the discolouration of her left arm, darkening towards the fingertips while her clothing also shows signs of wear on her left side, from some arcane summoning. She desperately clings to her arcane focus, a holy symbol that reminds her of the life she feels is escaping her.

Personality: There is a duality within the sorcerer. Esper's true self is enthusiastic and open, trying to make a friend of everyone. She may make her money overpricing worthless trinkets, but she's good at heart, far from capable of the likes of murder. But the power within her has made her disconnected from life. She fears for her wellbeing and struggles to concentrate, sometimes having to do something self destructive to remind her she's alive. Slowly losing sight of who she is, she strives to do away with the power which is consuming her. Esper also has a broken cuff around her right wrist, sometimes hidden under her jacket, it is another reminder.

Background: Charlatan
  • Trait 1: I romanticise about a perfect life even though it never seems I can achieve it.
  • Trait 2: I work hard to impress those who don't initially take to me
  • Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do.
  • Bond: Something has infected me with this power and it is making me lose myself. Every five nights I have strange dreams which lure me to Greenest, perhaps I can undo my plight there.
  • Flaw: I act impulsively rather than thinking things through.
Character History: Esper fell in with the wrong people at a young age and found that lying and cheating was far more easy than hard work and sacrifice. A few early successes in Waterdeep made her commit to a life of selling off items that were far from authentic for the highest price. She found Dwarves to a particularly good mark, especially when she spoke their mother tongue. She also developed the persona of Dhana Von Tossoldor, cousin of a duke whose ring she had acquired, pawning supposedly expensive items for coin, with the always unfulfilled promise of buying them back later at a higher price.

In a freak accident, Esper was struck by lightning while being arrested by the city guard, and survived not entirely intact. Her left arm was left discoloured and her heart now resided to beat at a rate of once a minute. Arcane talents had also been gifted to her, but they left her unsettled. She questioned who she was and struggled to recognise whether she was truly alive. It made her cons difficult and left her lost until she began recognising the dreams she had every five nights. In a bid to maybe understand her plight more she set out to investigate, fix herself or maybe take revenge.

Last edited by Carver; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 08:44 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Red bean paste treats are delicious, especially mochi ones. There's a little Japanese store here in Toronto that sells them, I could easily eat far too many of them.

Playing: None. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 08:45 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Be careful, it will make you fat.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 08:53 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Be careful, it will make you fat.

Yeah, that's why I limit myself.

Playing: None. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Numen

@Avner

What do you think about this bro?

Greenest's community has a lot of weirdos. We have a few Dragonborn living in town, Vorjurn for sure is the most articulate. He somehow found a way to convince Eleanore that he's not like the other dragons and that he's a good guy. Considering that Eleanore hates dragons and their cult in particular, this is quite a feat. He proved his worth to the town by his actions. The introvert female ranger is considering his offer to join his crusade against the cult of the dragon. Estrada seems to be up for it as well, but they need more ressources, help and a plan about how to go about this.
Not to speak for Avner but if he agrees with this link than it will establish that the Inn, in which he and Brody met, was in Greenest. That would also likely establish a link between our PC's and links between Brody, Estrada and Morthul. My only concern is that, at some point, we are establishing a party before a party has been determined.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Welcome to the list of Applicants Carver. I like the concept, especially that the source of her Sorcery, is still with her in the sense of the darkened marks on her arm. Nice.

Wow. I may run to groups of 6, keeping them totally separate of course. I'll check some things out on my end game-wise, and see how that would look with the applicants so far. It'd mean a bit more on me, but running 2 of the same game at the same time, I've done this before, but it's been a while. It's logistics more than anything.

I'll think on this some more, running two groups. At the very least, it'd mean if players dropped I could combine into one and keep going.

Also, if you're doing secret tags in the advert thread, note that I can't see them, so please add me on those I suspect are out there.
Thanks,
- D

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 12:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18102
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Dennis the Half-Blooded

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Barbarian

Description: How one's orcish ancestry shows itself varies between half-bloods but Dennis was cursed with having it show in spades. Large tusks jutting from his lower lip giving him a proclivity to slobber, bone spurs on his eyebrows guaranteeing that every time he's ever been punched in the face (and its been plenty) he'd have blood freely flowing into his eyes and skin the color of a giant toad's hide all give no doubt to what he is.

Personality: For one so strong and hardy, Dennis is meek and soft spoken. He knows what his birth meant for his mother and what that day meant for Greenest and he's never stopped feeling guilt over it. He is by no means stupid but has confined himself to the most mundane and simple of jobs about town working in the stables, digging latrines or washing dishes at the tavern.

This meekness does have a limit and that is in regard his 'sister', Elizabeth. Her family took Dennis in when his birth was too much for his mother to survive and raised him as one of their own. Elizabeth's parents have both since passed but Dennis is fiercely protective of her.

Background: I'm going to use the Folk Hero but his defining event hasn't happened yet.
Trait 1: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Trait 2: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not.
Bond: When an orc raid drove your family from your home, the people of Greenest took you in. Anyone who threatens Greenest is your sworn enemy.
Flaw: I have an utter lack of confidence in my own abilities. I'm a nobody who will stay a nobody.

Character History: The half-orc warchief, Bog Luck once championed a raiding party that scoured the Sword Coast from Easting to Beregost and his eventual defeat outside of Candlekeep. The war band made a raid against a village not far from Greenest that saw a gift left for the people in the form of Bog Luck's offspring to a human girl named Carly. Elizabeth's parents found Carly wandering in the fields outside Greenest and took her in. Bog Luck, while defeated at Candlekeep was not killed and has not been heard from since.

Growing up a half-orc in an area ravaged by raids did not make for an easy upbringing for Dennis but he has always done his best to maintain as much humanity as he can while pushing his orcish instincts aside.

Character Sheet

Last edited by tomplum; Mar 3rd, 2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@tomplum - The only changes you'll have to make to his history is that the raid mentioned that Dennis was eventually born out of, didn't happen in Greenest, but some close by village or community, or even a farm/homestead. Also, as far as anyone knows, Bog Luck is still out there somewhere.
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 06:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
A note on connections between Characters - I'm fine with it, and it is somewhat encouraged, but I have made no decisions about who is yet to be chosen among the applicants here. That said, some "connections" seem to include one or more characters whose backgrounds and Tie-in Bonds have them just coming into Greenest. Unless the intent is to "make some of these connections later", keep this in mind.