DnD5e UltraViolet Grasslands - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Apr 25th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1297
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Okay. Badass psychedelic metal caravan game. Huzzahh!
Rainbow lands? Hell yeah!
app coming soon.
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5616
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Last call! (unless someone needs an extension of 24 hours or so)
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I've made my decisions, welcome to the game InertZero, HotsuSama, bubsmp, and Arjent!

For everyone else, it was a pleasure to read through what you came up with, and thanks for applying. =)
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1333
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
Congrats to the chosen few! Hope you all have a great game, UVG is a whacky fun time from everything I've read
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6612
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Congrats, all! Have fun!
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 10:38 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
.: Now Recruiting New Players! :.

Hi all! We're currently looking to fill out the ranks of our little adventuring crew.

Here's the current team:

HotsuSama Berkeley A jaded, psionic skeleton who's currently on the search for batteries.
bubsmpÉclate A possessed priestess who seeks the body of her unconscious goddess, who lies somewhere to the West.
Arjent Avobena and Mexoryl A fairy priestess and her centaur protector on a mission to spread their faith.

Here's the situation:

-The caravan's been sent out into the UltraViolet Grasslands to sell cat coffee beans and return with stories. So far, they've made enemies of uppity Porcelain Princes upon an ancient highway, hunted some yummy grey antelopes, stole a VR headset from a halfling, stayed a week at a plastic tavern, and raided the estate of a dead merchant prince (and fought some devils on the way out).

Currently, they're at a place called the "Mad Autofarm"; a location tended to by robotic crabs, and... apparently... operated by a fairly hospitable giant brain. They're looking for a power source for that VR Headset for Berk.

Here's where you'll fit in:

-This will be subject to change, but my initial thought is to have your character lost in the area near the Mad Autofarm, in a region called Potsherd Crater. This Crater is dry and dusty, and smells of rose and garlic. You're the last surviving member(s) of your caravan, with some trade goods to offer to the group stock.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 01:28 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 576
Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome
Yooo, this is exactly the kind of setting that I'm looking for! Trippy, psychedelic, and extremely unique! I'll be reading the introduction, but I love the concept so far!
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 01:43 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 243
Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit
App

Name: Prizm

Concept: Prizm is a single entity formed from the consensual fusion of two minds.

The first mind, that of the feline, is Sparkles. Sparkles is a class traitor amongst the Cat Lords, who refused to bond a human servant to her will. She attempted to agitate amongst her kinfolk for a more egalitarian society, but found that there was little interest amongst the privileged ruling class in disrupting their way of life. The second mind, that of the rainbowlander, belongs to Criistl. Crisstl was an anarchist and drug addict who found herself deep in debt to a cat lord, and was forced to allow herself to be charmed into being a host for the feline.

Sparkles rescued Criistl from servitude, winning her in a game of chance, and the two became inseparable. They became the entity Prizm, truly fusing their minds in a manner far beyond the traditional cat-host dynamic. Prizm devoted her life to overthrowing the cat-lords, a depressing prospect if ever there was one. To this end, she began to traffic rare and dangerous drugs across the lands, using the proceeds to fund rebel causes, and perhaps using a bit too much herself.

Currently, Prizm is stranded in the Potsherd Crater, her caravan having been attacked a few nights previously. She managed to escape with little more than a backpack full of her favorite intoxicants.

Want: To find a caravan she can travel with safely and sell her (totally legal) drugs. With very minimal pushing, she can be convinced to reveal her less legal cargo.

Need: To overthrow the cat lords, and every system of governance in the Ultraviolet Grasslands. And maybe have some fun while she does it.

Last edited by Hobbit; Nov 4th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 03:44 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome
Seeing the applications that were posted before and after mine made me realize I may need to step up my formatting (and writing) game. Hopefully this looks better! My character does have some secret aspects that I was considering to hide, but I've finally decided against it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Application (but better)
Soda Stereo, the Lost Soul
left-aligned image
"She slept beside the heat of the masses
And I woke up, yearning to dream her
Some time ago, I thought about writing
How I never beat the trappings of love…"
~ De Música Ligera ("Of Faint Music"), Soda Stereo

Name: Soda Stereo. It sounded like an appropriate name for the naming conventions in the manual. It sounds vaguely latin (and food related, oddly enough) enough to fit in the world of UVG. Also, it's based off an argentinian band! I thought about how Jojo characters often are named after songs, so I decided to make a character based off one of my favorite bands, as I felt their music fits the aesthetic and feel of UVG somewhat.

Potential Class/Race: Human Creation Bard, although... you'll see. It's a fun one, I absolutely fell in love with the lore of the setting; I'm definitely open to DM changes and edition, of course

Concept: Soda Stereo is a travelling violinist, looking to play his tunes in a concert across the Ultra Violet Grasslands. He yearns for a town that actually appreciates his music.

Want: Soda needs a break from life, from all the pressures of the world, and from his creditors who want to suck his wallet dry. He roams the world seeking a true calling, and thought an artist like him doesn't care about money, he nevertheless is excited to gain some earnings along his travels...

Need:

Last edited by Silver Sonome; Nov 4th, 2021 at 06:29 PM. Reason: I'll be honest, I had set my application to be secret, but seeing that people are sharing their info, I'll do it as well!
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 05:19 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
App
right-aligned image

Name: Chekoves Bow
Concept: Chekoves or Chek to her iguana pet, is an amnesiac that has abilities to cut through or find holes that ripped through space and time. She calls these random portals Plot Devices and they appear throughout the UltraViolet Grasslands at random intervals. Sometimes they lead to different locations in the Grasslands, other times it leads to bizarre and confusing worlds. Her job, at least the part that she remembers, is to travel across dimensions to find items of powers that she calls Macguffins, in order to give it to her unseen benefactor which she calls the Greater Scope Entity. However, she doesn't remember her reasons for doing so.

Wants: During her travels for her strange job and journey to discover herself, she found she has a love for literary. Especially romantic literary, Chek hopes to find more books of that kind and also to find a mate for her iguana called Allegory.

Needs: Chek seeks an escape of her strange circumstances and wants to find out who she really is, but can't say so openly due to her fears of the entity's wrath. This desire mostly stems on her desire to explore, she can travel anywhere but is always stuck doing the same task by some unseen being. She doesn't want to keep doing this, so she tries delaying in finding or sending the Macguffins whenever possible in order to follow in on her desire.

Last edited by Onward; Nov 4th, 2021 at 05:21 AM.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 243
Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit
I absolutely love Chek
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Heh, thanks, but your character Prizm sounds like an interesting character to roleplay as. She really fits the whole psychedelic vibe this settings going for.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 01:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Professor Kazi
right-aligned image
Name: ArtificerProfessor Kazi

Concept: Lost on an expedition searching for the superluminal a long lost computer from an ancient civilizationSphere of Gold, Kazi is trapped in the Ultraviolet Grasslands. When his freighter crashed, the central computer was destroyed. Professor Nalea assured the crew she could fix it. Kazi watched from a distance. Days went by. Finally, Nalea waved to him from beneath the ship's pulsating landing lights - success! And then a flash of orange light blotted out his vision and a shockwave knocked him on his back. When he clawed himself out of the dirt and looked up at the blue-black sky, the freighter was gone. The crew said it was an accident, but he knew better. Nalea didn’t have accidents. Kazi fled that night with only the clothes on his back.

After days trudging through never ending miles of dirt and dust, he stumbled on the shack of an old man named Otto, a junker in the Potsherd Crater, who took him in and fed him. With nowhere else to go, Kazi stayed there. He fixed the odds and ends they pulled out of the wastelands, and at night, he would pace back and forth in the little shack, and think… think... think: his only hope was the Sphere of Gold. He could design a new gravity engine and escape. But how could he find it?

One night, as he sat over a rusting narrow band radio, a screwdriver in his paw, he began to weep. He buried his head in his soft warm arms; he knew would never see his home again. And then something landed on his head. A a psionic birdpurple warbler perched on his mane and whispered, I will help you find your way home. How it knew what he was thinking, he couldn’t say. Kazi shared his story with the bird and, gradually, the two of them became friends.

Want: The Sphere of Gold. He will use it to design a new engine and build a ship that will let him return home.

Need: He needs to come to grips with the loss of Professor Nalea, his secret love, and build a new life in the Ultraviolet Grasslands. He will never go home.

Last edited by O2CXt3; Nov 5th, 2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Wording
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 01:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1478
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Interested.

Is there a link to the game perhaps? So one could get a style for the flavour ?
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 02:10 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
Interested.

Is there a link to the game perhaps? So one could get a style for the flavour ?
Jrod, there's a link to the free introduction to the campaign on the start of this thread, and also here