RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 10th, 2020, 11:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21035
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I've created and update the application tracker post and its current as of 'now'.
If I marked you complete, you are still welcome to change your mind on things you set up, tweak, + / - to your post, etc. etc. COMPLETED just means that there is enough for me to..
1. Not worry about you because you definitely know what you are doing!
2. There is enough material here that no matter what gets changed/added, I'll be able to make a select call moving forward.
Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Greenteeth View Post
I've added the extra information to my application, though if you don't want psionic characters in your game I can easily change concepts.
I'm absolutely cool with psi characters - there is a whole psi police state in the game so I better be!

Just know that getting a psi character unlocked in UT CC is crazy hard.
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@jenny... looks good! I'll mark you COMPLETED!
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
updated with a post..there's a few posts in that thread but it's an idea.
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
I'm absolutely cool with psi characters - there is a whole psi police state in the game so I better be!

Just know that getting a psi character unlocked in UT CC is crazy hard.
The only exception to that is if you're from that psi police state. That's why I wanted to check with you, because if you're playing a Zhodani you're automatically tested for Psi Potential and roll Psi at character creation. A lot of GMs ban their players from playing Zhodani for just that reason. (I did in the last campaign I ran)
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
updated with a post..there's a few posts in that thread but it's an idea.
Great... that works!
Old May 10th, 2020, 11:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Greenteeth View Post
The only exception to that is if you're from that psi police state. That's why I wanted to check with you, because if you're playing a Zhodani you're automatically tested for Psi Potential and roll Psi at character creation. A lot of GMs ban their players from playing Zhodani for just that reason. (I did in the last campaign I ran)
Nice reminder - I'm still dusting off my UT memory cells Good thing this is a collaboration!

I'm fine with psi - its cannon and makes sense that would be the way it works. I doubt I'd select more than one pre-loaded psi potential Zhodani for that reason though, so I also get other GMs would look hard at that. It will be fun to see where that goes!
Old May 10th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19702
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I updated my application. It's a tablemakers worst nightmare though, because I supplied two variants for starting planet and names. That is just part of my process sadly.

At the very least it's 100% going to be a human, and the gender will also most likely (80%) stay male.

Then I also added some thoughts on what type of character I'd like to do, but given the fact that you can't even guarantee which exact skills you'll pick up these are just good intentions and desires. Also I am considering most careers available... which as far as I'm concerned will be a plus when the actual generation comes around - should I be a part of that, that is.
Old May 10th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3880
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Application updated with sample.

As for defining character traits, because of the lifepath system I'm reluctant to do so out of the gate. Even details like name and gender might be influenced by what I roll, you know?

Psionics in Traveller are cool as well, but I dunno if I want to do another Zho spy. Maybe an expatriate...? Can't rule it out, but again I sort of want to see what the dice say before I start trying to impose a story on it.

Let me know if there's more you'd like to see!

Last edited by SalmonMax; May 10th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 10th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
...It's a tablemakers worst nightmare though...
LOL.... naw, I'm good. The table is just for me to be sure I didn't leave anyone out, I'm looking at the right post when it comes time, and that I'm not forgetting to reach out to any that might need help. You're app looks great for the TU - and I love though are thinking through the process with a hopeful and open-mind. That will help a lot latter!
Old May 10th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
...Let me know if there's more you'd like to see!
Looking good buddy... that's all there is to it for now.
I have you marked COMPLETED
Old May 10th, 2020, 01:00 PM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hehe, I kind of want to run through the character generation in advance just to familiarize myself with it again...but then I'm worried I'll roll up something awesome, and won't be able to do it again for the actual game, lol...
Old May 10th, 2020, 01:09 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19585
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
I just had a go this afternoon (lazy Sunday afternoon). Its a brilliant system. The rolls give you hooks for a really rich character story. Mine was middling at university, joined the navy, and was fast-tracked as officer, only to suffer a cyrogenic accident. Then, in his next term of service, emerged as a hero in a battle ...

After that he left the navy to work on a tramp merchant where they befriedned the captain, who taught him to party and have a lighter look on life.

Loving the system!

Last edited by Jon; May 10th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 10th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Hehe, I kind of want to run through the character generation in advance just to familiarize myself with it again...but then I'm worried I'll roll up something awesome, and won't be able to do it again for the actual game, lol...
I know, right?! Don't try the app - you'll be lost for hours.
Old May 10th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!??!

*drifts away*