Notices

Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 548
Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley
Hi Krow Nest,
I love the sound of your adventure concept and I hope you like my application.

Thanks,
Tfarley

Lamorak character applicationName: Lamorak
Race: Dragonborn (Black)
Class: Monk
Description:
right-aligned image
Lamorak is a large 6ft 3inch black dragonborn. He wears brown robes that expose a lot of his scales on his upper body; he is not afraid to let others see that he is a dragonborn. He has a few battle scars from his years of fighting (scars on his chest and one obvious mark across his face from the slash of a sword). His eyes are a strong yellow colour that gives him a distinct look and Lamorak uses this to his advantage to stare down his opponents before battle is about to start.
Character Concept: Lamorak was known for being a fierce fighter. Legend has it he took on 30 other knights by himself at several different points in his life. I thought that a dragonborn monk would complement this well by having a scary looking character who has the potential to cause a lot of damage in battle with his martial skills and his acid breath attack.
Backstory: Lamorak's father, King Pellinore killed King Lot of Orkney in battle ten years earlier and he knew that his family may one day retaliate, so he wanted to shield his son in some way to prevent him from being hurt or worse, killed by this future attack. The grand monk of the nearby monastery offered sanctuary for the child, which King Pellinore greatly accepted. Lamorak lived in the monastery for the first 20 years of his life, where he learnt many lessons about life, death, Ki and most importantly martial arts. All the monks had their own goals and reasons for growing their fighting skills in the monastery, but Lamorak's was the most personal. His goal was to find a way to use his prowess in fighting to help his father, as the monks had never hidden who he really was and he knew of the sacrifice his family made to keep him safe. On his 20th birthday, the highest of grand monks, who originally allowed Lamorak to have sanctuary with him, saw an opportunity for him to use his gifts to do good in honour of the monastery, and his family's name. He had heard that Sir Ironside was looking for knight squires to serve his knights at the round table and knew that Lamorak could grow into knighthood if given the chance. He could be the most knowledge and powerful of knights, as he had proven more than once that he could hold his own against multiple enemies and that he would fight for the right reasons. Lamorak was then sent on a mission to become a knight so that he could right the wrongs in the world and maybe, save his father.

Roleplay Prompt: The grand monk, Lemborat, brought Lamorak into the inner most sanctum inside the monastery. He asked him to sit down next to him in front of the sacred Ki tree that their home was built around. They sat together in meditation for half an hour before any words were spoken.

"So, what do you think? said Lemborat in a nonchalant manner. "Sorry?" replied Lamorak with a puzzled look on his face "I'm not sure what you're talking about?". A few more moments of silence past between the two of them, leaving the dragonborn monk in suspense. Lemborat finally muttered something under his breath that Lamorak could barely hear "About becoming a knight". "A knight? A knight!? Why would I be thinking about that?" replied Lamorak in a confused manner.

"You have been here for long enough Lamorak and we have taught you everything that we can offer. We have heard of a great opportunity for you to use your skills to bring goodness and righteous to the world. A knight named Sir Ironsides is recruiting a group of knight squires to serve his knights who slay evil in the world and save those who are in need. We believe that you are the right person to join this band of knight squires, as there is the potential for those squires to become knights if they serve well. If you make it that famous, you will receive honour, fame and riches beyond your wildest dreams However, it is your choice, so I am interested to know what you think...so?

Lamorak was struck with confusion, fear and wonder at the proposition that was laid out in front of him. He had always wished he had some way of helping his family from the potential onslaught they faced in the future, but he had never thought that something like this would present itself to him. After what felt like an eternity of mental jostling, Lamorak finally spoke. "It sounds like the right thing to do, but I have learnt that self-honour and helping others selflessly is what makes us rich in life. If public honour, fame and riches are what await me if I join this group and become a knight, then that could tempt me to be what I despise most; using my talents for fighting for the wrong reasons. No..this is not the right calling for me, I shall find another way.".

"And that is why this is the right calling for you. Self-honour and selflessness are what a knight stands for. They are not tempted by riches or fame...you have passed the test my child. You are ready to go".

Lamorak looks up and smiles at his master, realising that he was baited into providing an answer of greed and self-preservation, but his true character shone through, showing Lamorak that he was a born knight.

Last edited by Tfarley; Feb 9th, 2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:58 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2300
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
I am legitimately shocked how many applications there are already!

I am shocked certain knights haven't been attempted yet! NO ARTHURS?

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:07 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
I am legitimately shocked how many applications there are already!

I am shocked certain knights haven't been attempted yet! NO ARTHURS?
I would happy to swap mine to Arthur if no one else goes for him! I thought he would be a popular choice.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:15 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarley View Post
i would happy to swap mine to arthur if no one else goes for him! I thought he would be a popular choice.
RIGHT? Honestly shocked me

Last edited by Krow Nest; Feb 9th, 2021 at 04:15 AM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:18 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
RIGHT? Honestly shocked me

Could make for an interesting story where Arthur has died and a new leader needs to be nominated!
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:21 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfarley View Post
Could make for an interesting story where Arthur has died and a new leader needs to be nominated!
But if Arthur is chosen, he wouldn't be king yet!

Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:28 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
But if Arthur is chosen, he wouldn't be king yet!
Very true! Perhaps Lamorak can shine more and become king!
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:22 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 285
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
Maybe no one wants to be the leader. The thing about a normal D&D group is that each character potentially gets an opportunity to take the lead. But in this is case there would be an obvious, pretty much all the time leader. Maybe no one wants that responsibility.
----
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 07:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
I believe my app is done, unless there is anything you feel I am missing? (in which case I will happily adjust)
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My app is finished as well
----
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2141
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
My app is finished too.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1563
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
I'm thinking about applying with a cleric or druid, but I'm not sure how religion works in this version of Britannia. Could you enlighten me?
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3098
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
traditionally its catholic though merlin has ties to the druids if this helps. im currious about this in terms of britannica as well though.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3539
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTMERCd View Post
Maybe no one wants to be the leader. The thing about a normal D&D group is that each character potentially gets an opportunity to take the lead. But in this is case there would be an obvious, pretty much all the time leader. Maybe no one wants that responsibility.
No one wants that much responsibility, but when evil threatens your loved ones, when darkness shrouds the lands, when monster bay at your door, then you do what you must...

Imma make a King Arthur application.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahril View Post
No one wants that much responsibility, but when evil threatens your loved ones, when darkness shrouds the lands, when monster bay at your door, then you do what you must...

Imma make a King Arthur application.
That's excellent news! I'm really glad to hear that someone is stepping up. You have my support and admiration, whether I'm part of the party selection or not!
----