DnD5e Chronicles of Britannia - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Feb 14th, 2021, 12:21 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32577
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Gawain (second app)
Name: Gawain
Race: Halfling
Class: Bard/Fighter

Description: Though small in stature Gawain has the courage of a giant and the confidence to match it. He inspires all those around him with his brave deeds and actions and pure heart.

Character Concept: Gawain may not be the strongest or the fastest of the knights but he is the bravest. An unlikely hero he surpasses all odds to take a place at the round table and inspires some of the greatest tales of the knights.

Backstory: Gawain was never the type of boy to accept the words 'you can't' only using them to fuel the fire that burned inside him. He grew up in a small halfling community, quiet folk who were mostly known for their farming, but as the throne stood empty the nations troubles seemed to expand further and further from its cities. Men came wanting to lay their claim to things that were not theirs, money, crops, even men's wives. Some of his neighbors just laid down out of fear for the men intimidated by their large size. Gawain was no such man. In fact, he had been a risk-taker his entire life. He was the first one to swing across the gorge as a boy, he managed to outrun more large beasts than he could count, and generally responded to fear by running towards it.

This was no different except for the fact that his friends and families lives were on the line. Gawain was the first to challenge the warriors, so-called knights who didn't live by any form of chivalry that Gawain could acknowledge. One by one he challenged them to a duel and one by one he beat them. They all told him he couldn't, but he did it anyway. It was that day that put the fire in him. If these men could be knights, why couldn't he?

Writing Prompt: Gawain was walking through the fields with Poppy after they had collected their local harvest when she asked him. "What makes you think you can do it? Their all like seven foot tall and as big as an ox, you a nutter or somethin?" she asked.

"No, I guess I just believe that a knight should be something better." he responded. "Better? Like what not take our lands? Serve the all mighty and give to the poor?" she asked.

Gawain laughed. "No, that would be insane. Can you imagine a knight fighting for the people?" he asked as they both almost rolled over laughing. "No I mean someone who isn't an arse with a sword. Did you see them the other day, they barely knew what end to poke me with. You give me five minutes with any of them and I'd have them cryin' for their mothers!"

"Really now?"

"Why do you think they need all those maiden's scarves?" he laughed.

"And you're not afraid that they'll cleave you in two? Have you seen the size of those axes?!"

"Let them try!" Gawain said picking up a stick and pretending to flourish it around. "I'l bring them to their knees and make them forfeit their titles."

Poppy reached in to find her handkerchief and handed it to Gawain. "Well take mine sir knight, just incase they forget theirs. YOu can't have them cry into just anything."

They both laughed, but secretly Gawain thought about a world where he was a knight and actually served he people opposed to intimidating and draining them for a kings rich treasure hoard.

Last edited by Avner; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3552
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
9 humans?! Guys, I am giving you freedom to be other races! Yal are laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame...

I am joking, but seriously, you guys have access to other races!
I second this. More wierd non-humans!
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
HuLi
Name: Bedivere
Race: elf (high)
Class: cleric (nature)
Description:*https://i.pinimg.com/originals/60/51...47332f3795.jpg a fair skinned high elf. Bedivere is at a height of 5'8'' with long light grey hair and darker grey eyes. He wears a green hued circlet with a triskelion at the tip. Rondels on his steel scale mail armor match the circlet with the triskelion of his deity, Mannanan Mac Lir. His most surprising feature however is that he only has his right hand.
Character Concept: Bedivere is a devote priest of Mannanan Mac Lir and follower of the ways of his ancient ancestors, the Tuatha*Dè*Danaan. He spent much of his early life at the seaside temple to The Son of The Sea. Here he has dedicated his time to cataloging the tides and weather patterns attempting to find the gate to Tír na nÓg. Or as the humans of Britannia call it Avalon.
Backstory:*So close to successfully navigating the mists and reading the tides, Bedevire was visited by Mannanan's daughter Niamh, otherwise known as the lady of the lake. She told him of how he must go to Britannia and join the order of knight. There he will find the wielder of the blade Fragarach. For it is this wielder that is going to find her brother Bran's stolen cauldron of rejuvenation. The secret to Tír na nÓg at his finger tips Bedivere reluctantly took up this quest that Mananan Mac Lir and his kin entrusted him with.

Roleplay Prompt:*Approaching the city in which he was to find the knights of Britannia Bedivere is met by a closed gate. "Ho there. What brings you here elf!?" a guard shouts from above on the wall. Looking up Bedivere shields the light from his eyes with his handless arm. "Mannanan sends me here to join the Knights. I will not fail." shaking his head. "it is The Son of The Sea's will".

With a dismissive chuckle from the guard on high. "and what are the Knights supposed to do with a crippled pagan priest, elf!?"

With a sigh of annoyance Bedivere sends his voice up to the human on the breeze of Mac Lir. And as if a Bediverewas up there right next to him "who are you mortal? to question the will of the Tuatha*Dè*Danaan." The Cleric smiles as he sees the human become visibly shaken. With in moments the gates open to the sprawling city before him. Next stop the knights of Britannia.
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3539
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
9 humans?! Guys, I am giving you freedom to be other races! Yal are laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame...

I am joking, but seriously, you guys have access to other races!

I should hope so, otherwise the Aasimar Arthur im working on is gonna be real out of place.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 05:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2024
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Taliesin
right-aligned image
Taliesin
Name: Taliesin
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Bard

Description: Taliesin is of light complexion. He has blonde hair and hazel eyes. The bard stands at five foot eleven and weighs one hundred seventy five pounds.

Character Concept: Bard who is tired of writing poems about other's deeds. He seeks knighthood to write about his own instead.

Last edited by Shula; Feb 16th, 2021 at 06:50 AM.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 05:14 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11473
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTMERCd View Post
I certainly don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and if the GM doesn't care, who am I to stand in the way of someone making two apps... But seriously @rhaiber, why bother finishing Guinevere. Yvain is pure freaking gold. I was killing myself laughing reading your backstory. I've never read the story of Yvain before, but I'm sure that guys like Thomas Mallory weren't writing them like that. I so badly want to read this adventure with you narrating Yvains part like that xD
Lol. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the Yvain story. I'm not really embellishing much of it. It's that amazing. If you like my version, I recommend checking out Jason Weiser's myth podcast. That's where I first heard about Yvain, and he does some awesome retellings of a bunch of the Arthurian legends. Here's a fun excerpt from his lead-up to the birth of King Arthur:
Quote:
[King Uther] says he really wants to sleep with the Duke [of Cornwall]’s wife. Can’t they get them to come back to court?

The council says that ... wait, what? You want them to come back so you can … sleep with his wife?

The king says "Yes, can’t we get them back?"

The people say, "Well, sure…I mean, you can summon them back and if they refuse, you could consider them in revolt but … really? I mean, in the past twenty years we’ve dealt with the murder of three kings, a succession crisis, a usurper king, not one, but three invading armies, and a revolt of the Saxons that had settled here. And you want to risk civil war because you want to sleep with a woman who’s, by any metric, not interested in you at all?"

"Yes," Uther says, "absolutely. Let’s call them back, and if they don’t come back, let’s consider them in revolt and raise an army against them. "His counselors sighed and did as he said.

excerpt taken from Myths and Legends podcast, "Episode 6C-King Arthur: How I Met Your Mother"
On an unrelated note, both my apps for Yvain and Guinevere are now complete

Last edited by rhaiber; Feb 18th, 2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 11:43 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2300
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
4 Days Remain...

NOTE: I may have a set 4 determined at this point, but who knows, someone may surprise me!

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 02:36 AM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11531
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Progress: COMPLETE

A missing fae element to the Arthurian Legend, so here is my hat in the ring for fun!

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Gwyn (The Faerie Knight)

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Fighter/Bard

Description: An unearthly appearance from the hue of his skin and the glow in his eyes, Gwyn's outward looks are merely the beginning. Due in large part to his fay ancestry, his presence is intoxicating and alluring. A faint scent of exotic spices trails him wherever he goes-- or where he was for that matter, as Gwyn never seems to stay put for very long. Silver hair is touched with a blueish-green coloring often matching the fine clothes he wears. While Gwyn carries himself with the grace of a cat, there is no doubt that he bears the curious and mischievous nature of a cat as well. Naturally laissez-faire, there are only a few ways to earn Gwyn's ire, and be wary if you do. His mischievousness can quickly become cruel as what Fae can be known for.

Character Concept: Gwyn is half-fae, born to a Faerie Queen and a human father. His father, Tom a'Lincoln The Red Rose Knight, the man who instilled within his chaotic half-breed son the meaning to live as a human. Not only that, but to follow in his footsteps. While Gwyn will always be inclined to his innate Faerie tricks, the honor of becoming a knight after his deceased father is a burning desire.

Backstory:

RP Prompt

EDIT: Oh yeah, feedback is welcome

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Feb 21st, 2021 at 10:57 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 12:13 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heres my application! Sorry it took so long.

Application for Alice
right-aligned image

Name: Alice (Arthur)

Race: Aasimar

Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)

Character Concept:
Thematically: A girl chosen by fate at a young age works tirelessly and is educated to by a wise man to be both strong and intelligent. Has plucked the legendary Sword from the Stone and must now set about proving not necessarily a right to rule, but a reason she should be queen.

Mechanically: Eldritch knight. Want to try to reflect “Merlins” teachings in her combat skill through intelligence based casting. Choosing protector Aasimar as the race to grant some “Chosen by the Lady of the Lake” vibe to the character. Want to use Weapon bond to make an “Excalibur” type sword. Might multiclass into Pact of the Blade warlock to grant the weapon some more mystical properties

Backstory: Alices hometown was a small and quaint little hamlet that would be wholly remarkable save for one extraordinary feature. At the centre of town there lay a magnificent sword, its blade sharp and its hilt impossibly beautifully decorated. The sword was embedded into a large black stone that was unnaturally smooth, and no one had ever been able to remove it. The sword bore an inscription in gold that read

“Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone, is rightwise king born of all Britannia.”

Despite the swords claim, Britannia had many kings and queens who could never pull the sword from the stone. Some tried to do so to legitimize their claim, some attempted to use magic or trickery to break the stone or teleport the blade, but nothing made the sword move a single inch. Many years passed with no changes, and the sword began to be seen as a novelty rather than a prophecy. Aspiring knights would come to try their luck and the boys in the hamlet would dare each other to give it a go, all for naught.

Alice was always large for her age, and when she turned 16 she formed a junior band of her friends into a mock militia group, patrolling the town and keeping people safe from the odd brigand or one of the locals who got too drunk at the tavern. Alice and one of her friends were patrolling one day outside of town when they came across a camp in use by no less than 5 bandits. They were about to pack up and move on but ever the bullheaded one, Alice sent her friend to get the others to help while she tried to fight them herself. It was a foolish move, and she was soon disarmed and was forced to retreat. In her haste and fear she didn’t focus on where she was going, and as fate would have it, she fled right to the vine and moss covered Stone, with its Sword forgotten by time. In desperation for a weapon, any weapon, she reached for the blade and plucked it from where it had rested for eons.

Something changed in her that day, something powerful and righteous and good awoke from within her. From her back spring luminous golden wings, and with the sword gleaming and bright and glorious, she effortlessly dispatched the bandits, but did not kill them. When her friends returned to help they brought exactly 5 pairs of manacles with them. When she asked them how they knew what to bring, they said that an old man had just arrived in town, and gave them the manacles to bring with them. She was confused as to how this old man knew how many to bring, or even where to direct them as Alice had run in a seemingly random direction. Her questions didn’t have to wait long, as right behind them the same old man slowly walked forward and extended an arm to greet her. He spoke softly, but with purpose.

“Lady Alice, my name is…well, that’s not important right now. But please, let me be the first to congratulate you on becoming queen…”

Roleplay Prompt:

I may have leant too far into the sword in the stone myth. Also I'm sorry if the characterization im giving "Merlin" here is not what you have in mind, I'm open to changing anything in the backstory to make it more appropriate.

Last edited by Tahril; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 04:54 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
The Fight Is Over...

Join me for an adventure...

Avner's Arthur Pendragon
Solid Snek's Morgên y Dylwythen Deg
Diablo Raven's Tristan
Crocodile's Galehaut

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 04:59 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21788
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Fair enough, figured what I was trying was a bit of a gamble.

Have fun you 4!
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 04:59 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Fair enough, figured what I was trying was a bit of a gamble.

Have fun you 4!
Nah man, it was a good one! Just not what I was looking for!

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 548
Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley
Thanks for the adventure application opportunity Krow Nest! I hope you have a great adventure
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 05:04 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32577
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Great thank you for the invite looking forward to it!
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 07:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Congratulations everyone!