DnD5e Into the Heart of Decay - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 4th, 2021, 05:26 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1382
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
I supposed I should put a close date on this, its a halloween type game so 31st October it is.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 03:38 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry everyone, I’m having a few issues IRL at the moment and am not really in the emotional and mental brain-space to run another game at the moment, more looking to take a small step back from my site activities. For that reason I’m putting this game on hold for now but might come back to it in the future when things settle down and I’m in a better place.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 04:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6837
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Hope everything works out for you Chaucer, thanks for the opportunity.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 06:19 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Yeah same, hope everything is alright.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
Jumil Jumil Jumil Jumil
No worries. It's important to take care of yourself. I hope things get better for you.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4289
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hope things get better soon
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 06:18 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ok folks, sorry for the slight delay in this. I'm in a somewhat better place now to pick this up again, so if you have previously posted an application and are still interested in being considered for the game then let me know below.

Otherwise, for any new applicants who want to apply for this, the new closing date is Friday 26th November.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 06:48 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Heya, I'm still interested. Put Walter Paleglow in the group of applicants
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3098
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Definitely still interested
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3 O2CXt3
Still interested
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 09:46 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31567
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Yup! Count me interested!
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Still interested.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3395
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Still interested!
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4289
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Still here and interested!
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6837
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
Ok folks, sorry for the slight delay in this. I'm in a somewhat better place now to pick this up again, so if you have previously posted an application and are still interested in being considered for the game then let me know below.

Otherwise, for any new applicants who want to apply for this, the new closing date is Friday 26th November.
Glad you are feeling better!

Still interested, although I will be applying with a different PC. App complete!

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Doomguide Draco, Church of Kelemvor
Race: Hill Dwarf, although he often passes himself off as Human
Class: Cleric 3 (Grave)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Hermit (Graveyard Caretaker)

Personality Traits: I am fatalistic and believe everyone's destiny is already laid out before them. I strive to treat others with compassion and respect, and share with them the will of Kelemvor.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: The temple and my friends are all the family I have, and they are worth fighting and dying for.
Flaw: I am slowly dying of a terminal disease that has made me unpleasant to look at, and dissuades me from making long term plans.

Appearance:
Draco is a very short, powerfully built man with a hairless head and an ashen pallor to his skin. His face is mottled with boils and skin fissures, giving him a diseased appearance and making him repulsive to look at. For this reason he often wears an iron face mask with his cowl up to conceal most of his features, leaving only his blemished chin and mouth visible. He favors the somber grey robes and tabards befitting a proper cleric of Kelemvor, with a long black cloak and cowl thrown over his shoulders. On the visible flesh of his arms you can see medicinal wraps on certain areas, as well as the occasional boil. Around his formidable torso is a black leather belt from which hangs a finely crafted hammer of war. The handle and head resemble a skeletal arm and fist, and each head of the hammer is designed to look like the measuring bowl of a scale. On his left arm is a well polished but plain looking circular shield, its only ornamentation being a small ring of studs around the outer brim. He is slightly hunch backed in appearance, and barely stands over five feet tall.

Personality:
Despite the disease slowly ravaging his body, Draco is a surprisingly kind and compassionate man with a strong sense of tradition and honor. He believes in predestination and that everyone has their fate lined up in front of them - the best a man can hope for is to live the most virtuous life one can before you pass into the afterlife and are judged by Kelemvor. He knows his own disease will eventually kill him, as even the most powerful of Kelemvorites have tried to heal him to no avail, but he does not feel brooding and melancholy befits a man of his position. One must be a comforting presence and a warm friend to those in need, to be the shoulder to lean on and to help those who cannot help themselves. He has nothing outside of the Church of Kelemvor and the trusted companions he meets as he executes his duties as a Doomguide - consequently, those are the most important things in his life and he would gladly give up his own life defending them. After all, a man who has already resigned to the fact that his days are numbered short has little to lose otherwise. He is self-conscious of his appearance and recognizes it makes others uncomfortable, thus he tries to conceal his gruesome looks as much as possible and occasionally refers to his mask as "my face". He is a healer and a comforter, a friend and a confidant, and a stalwart opponent of those who corrupt the dead and plague on the dying.

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 10th, 2021 at 01:52 AM.