DnD5e Fairytale Station - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 8 5 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 26th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12185
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Fairytale Station

Game NameFairytale Station
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeFamiliar Characters reimagined and working together while rediscovering themselves!
FlavourDystopian defiance and character development transitioning into exploration
Plot Summary

Imagine a crew of space pirates where every member of the crew was a character from the old fairytales. Sounds like a lot of fun, but how could it work? Well Fairytale Station was created as an attraction for rich folks and their families to meet and greet all those people from the old stories and Disney movies. Don’t ask questions about cloning or mental programming or anything else that might ruin the magic of bringing these folks to life. That’s a whole different rabbit hole.

What’s important to know is that the attraction started losing its appeal when Sleeping Beauty started staying awake long enough to realize that she was on a space station instead of tucked away in a castle. Alice started asking questions before vanishing, and others soon followed. Eventually the folks that owned the station decided to cut the loss and remove all evidence of whatever they were doing there, including all the fairytale inhabitants.

Fortunately, Pocahontas caught wind of this upcoming destruction of her homeland and shared it with the other permanent residents of the station. Never one to accept death gracefully, Captain Hook suggested a bold plan: commandeer some ships and sail to the starts beyond. Granted it will take more than happy thoughts and pixie dust to fly those contraptions, but many of these fairytale folks are fast learners. And imminent destruction is a powerful motivator to learn, even if you are a mindless scarecrow or a wooden puppet who dreams of being a real boy.

Life isn’t going to be easy, and getting off the station alive isn’t going to be the hardest part. Just the first! Most of the information in your head about the universe is make-believe fantasy that you thought was real. And by the standards of most people in power out in the universe, none of you are actually real people. So no waiting for a prince charming to come rescue you. Even if you get off this station, it’ll be the hard knock life out there just trying to survive.

But there is more appeal to taking this journey than just simple (but much-appreciated) survival. There’s a whole new set of worlds out there filled with more wonders than you could wish for with a magic lamp. They’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. Who knows, maybe you’ll even find yourself a girl worth fighting for. Or a real home. The little mermaid is eager to try her hands at driving a space ship, and young Belle is fairly certain she can figure out how starship engineering works if you can find her a book on it.

So, what are you waiting for? Pick out a fun fairytale character, work up a character sheet, and see what sort of adventures await you beyond your reality! Even if Jack doesn’t have his magic beans or golden goose, there’ll still be opportunities for taking down giants!

I am accepting a maximum of 15 players (3-5 players per team for 3 teams total) for this D&D 5e game. Looking for a posting rate of twice a week, I promise to make allowances for real life circumstances so long as you keep me informed as things come up!minimum. We will be starting the adventure at the point where the PCs discover that the "queen's guards" are actually security personnel in the know, and play through their discovery and escape from the station. Assuming this is successful, we'll also have an adventure in space as the fairytale crew try to figure out their place in this bold new universe they've discovered.

Any published materials are accepted (no Unearthed Arcana or fansite content for D&D rules please). This adventure is for 5th level characters, and I am especially interested in seeing how players can adapt preexisting characters to play them out in this unique situation. Details for application requirements are below.

Deadline is 11/19 at 5pm EST.

Applications
Fairytale Character: What character are you wanting to play as? This can be from any general fairytale or Disney movie you wish. No purely original characters, please.

Race and Class: What D&D Race/Class combo will you be using for your character?

Description: What is your character like? Has the recent discovery about their current situation changed them at all?

Appearance: I strongly prefer a picture, but you are also welcome to describe in written detail as well.

History: There are several versions of each fairytale, not to mention your actual experience here on the station itself.

Character Sheet: Please share an actual link to a character sheet you have prepared for this adventure. Details for starting at 5th level are in the spoiler button below.

Explanation: Did you give Peter Pan a Jump spell instead of Fly because he isn’t always happy anymore? Is Big Bad Wolf a Druid, but you only plan on letting them transform into a wolf? Please take a little time to explain some of your choices for the character so that I can get an idea of what you’re going for!

Why: Why are you interested in playing this adventure?

Pending Applications
NameCharacterRace/ClassHistoryWhyStatusStill In?
The Dark StarSkippyHarengon ScoutRogueFilling Robinhood's Shoesdeserves a chanceCompleteYes
delpinatorPrince AliHuman Rogue/GenieWarlock1st Moviespell jammerCompleteYes
delpinatorArthur PendragonHuman Paladin/Warlock:ExcaliburHexbladeMerlin TV showcontinue showCompleteYes
AlemarDocDwarf ForgeClericMovieyour own twistCompleteYes
AlemarScarLeonin OathbreakerPaladinMovieyour own twistCompleteYes
AlemarMaleficentTeifling Warlock/SorcererLive Action Movieyour own twistCompleteYes
AlemarHansel GrimmHuman ChampionFighter2013 Movieescape the dice godsCompleteYes
AlemarJack SparrowHuman SwashbucklerRogue/FighterSomewhere within the moviesfun exerciseCompleteYes
AlemarDandilionHuman BardWitcherTease BacktWIPYes
OnwardFa MulanHuman SamuraiFighterBoth Moviesfun conceptCompleteYes
rhaiberRapunzel of CoronaHuman Bard/CelestialWarlockmid 1st seasonMany reasonsCompleteYes
TouketsuHadesFire Genasi NecromancerWizardGlorified Guidecrossover potentialCompleteYes
BarrowBGallant Robber RumcajsRumcajsHuman Fighter/Swarmkeeper for beard of beesRanger Tourist Attractionconnect sci fi & fantasyCompleteYes
RunetideArielHuman Warlock/FighterEvil Alternateinterstellar fairytalesCompleteYes
WildJessiJessica RabbitHuman SorcererRising StarwackyCompleteYes
TrequsOlafHalfling BardCurrentroleplay opportunitiesCompleteYes
TrequsOogie BoogieFallen Aasimar Oath of ConquestPaladinCurrentfun personalityCompleteYes
The Rat QueenMeridaHuman ArcheryFighterMoviePocket PrincessesCompleteYes
penbeast0BabarLoxodon DruidStorybookLight Heart in Heavy GameCompleteYes
PalladiaMorsThe Cheshire CatTabaxi Arcane TrixterRogueSuch as it isIllusionistWithdrawnWithdrawn
OranRapunzel Bugbear Way of MercyMonkRescued by guestTotally Disney CharacterCompleteYes
JrodArchimedesAarakocra Wizard/ArtificerMoviechildhood favoritesCompleteYes
voodoozombieTinker BellFairy Battle SmithArtificerTV ShowFairies in SpaceWIPPending
Silver SonomeThe Happy PrinceWarforged RedemptionPaladinKind PatronsretellingsCompleteYes
bootblackGastonHuman BardSurvived Movieloveable jerkclever songCompleteYes
ImverosHortonLoxodon Peace DomainClericReligion after booksoriginal fantastical approachableCompleteYes
FatherDondoIron HeinrichWarforged Oath of the CrownPaladinServant of the Frog PrinceFableCompleteYes
FatherDondoThe GrinchBugbear Battle SmithArtificerend of bookmore than oneCompleteYes
Codex SparksAliceHuman Aberrant MindSorcererafter the booklove of wierdnessCompleteYes
Codex SparksToothlessDragonborn Monkmoviesbe a dragonCompleteYes
MeredithSGenieAir Genasi Ancestral GuardianBarbarian/Sorcerer loosely after 1st moviepalooza/spinCompleteYes
NordicForgeRafikiHalfling MonkStation PotionsLove DisneyCompleteYes
-----/-------?

If you would like feedback on completed applications, let me know!

Feedback round 1

Feedback round 2

Feedback round 3

Feedback round 4

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Nov 20th, 2021 at 08:49 AM. Reason: fixing links
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3395
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Fairytale Application
right-aligned image
Fairytale Character: Skippy from Robin Hood (1973)

Race and Class: Harengon Race / Rogue Class 5 (Scout)

Description: Skippy is brave, curious, adventurous and a plucky little fellow who lives for mischief and adventure, this little rabbit is no longer a child, growing up within the dome with his heroes Robin Hood and Little John, he has become quite the thorn in the side Prince John and the Sheriff. With lightning quick reflexes, a growing love with the bow, and a great natural lock picking and pick pocketing talent. He has earned the right to be called an outlaw. During his spare time, he will often prank anyone and everyone, using his trusty magical pouch of spices to ruin the day of those that leave their cups or bowls unattended. Whenever in a jam, he has his trusty hat of vermin that will produce a rodent or lizard creature that can be used to distract his pursuers. He's loyal to his friends and will encourage everyone that has a free spirit to join the group and continue to steal from the rich, and give to the poor.

Appearance: Skippy has grown a great deal from when he first had run into Robin Hood, he was only a child then, he is now 21 years of age, a grown rabbit, with thick gray/brown fur all over his body, his ears are long, put back so that he can wear his hat, the same hat that Robin Hood had given to him, he found that it was not just a normal hat, but an enchanted one, one that allowed to be reached into and when given the proper command, would produce a creature that would come out of it. His mother cut out holes so that he could have his ears up when he wanted to. His frame is still small, at first glance, with his clothing on and his back turned to you, you would think that he was a child, but when you see his face, you can clearly see that he is a matured rabbit. His whiskers are long, thin and gray, around his mouth, down his neck and on his stomach is a lighter shade of fur. He wears studded leather armour, with the same coloured shirt, re-made and fitted to fit his new grown frame, but still the same colour that he wore.

History: He remembers his childhood from the movie that came out in 1973, he was the oldest of a family of rabbits, growing up poor, due to the harsh taxes of Prince John, even in those dark times, he still made friends, had what fun he could have, and swore that one day, he would get his family out of their situation and help Robin Hood get rid of the evil prince and his henchmen. As fate would have it, he did run into Robin Hood himself, first in disguise, then revealed to be the great outlaw himself! He was given the hat of the great hero, and even was able to help out during one of their many quests to steal money from the prince and bring back to the people.

But, the ending from the movie never seemed to happen, it just continued on, the rightful heir never came back, the prince was always able to find a way to get out of his bad situation and the story just continued on and on. Skippy grew up, joined the outlaws and was able to get his family into a better living situation, as well as help out his friends that stuck by him for so long. He learned a great deal from Robin Hood, Little John and the rest of the gang, became an accomplished outlaw himself and is getting up their with his talents with the bow, not quite at the level of the great fox, but getting there.

He runs his own branch of the gang now, the members that run with him are the old friends that he grew up with, as well as some of his brothers and sisters. His mother lives comfortably now, in the woods with the rest of them, using her talents as a seamstress and leatherworker to fix their clothing and armour. She is getting up there in age, and he fears that she might not have that long left, so making her as happy and as comfortable as she can be is a priority for him.

Then, it was found out that the world that they lived in was an illusion, that they were all just playing a role in this fantasy world, a place made up for all of them to live in, he was first shocked, angry, then curious, why were they all locked in there? Was there a way out? And what lied beyond this place that they called their home?

Captain Hook came up with a bold plan to get out of the station, if this was to be their move, he had to make sure that his family and friends got off this place immediately with them. With plans being made, he is making his own to ensure that no one is going to be left behind. So he moves, as quickly as his rabbit body can move him, to spread the word, even the evil prince and his henchmen, about what is happening and the plans that are being made.

Character Sheet: Character Sheet Link

Explanation: Skippy has no magical talents, he has had to work his way to getting to become the scout that he is now, relying on items that had been enchanted by those that do have magical talents. But he has learned that even without magic, he can be a great help to those around him, hiding in the shadows, sneaking around and getting into places that his comrades could not get into. He is amazing with locks, and pickpocketing and is learning to work on the more modern, mechanical locks that keep them trapped in that place. He has great senses, and can learn quickly, if it benefits the group. He is a scout, going into dangerous places with a small team, or by himself to gather information for his gang. He hopes to continue to do so.

I had him grow up for this campaign because I'm not sure having a child in this setting would be that much fun, especially if he is level 5, which means he has seen and done some adult things. It just makes sense that he was able to grow up, but, if you would prefer he stay a child, I can make that work no problem!

His magical items currently are The Hat of Vermin, where he can produce a rodent like creature when he reaches into it and gives the command word, great for distractions, and even better now, as the rats could do some wire biting in this new setting. The other is his magical Pouch of Spices, used to prank, or enhance his own food or use to throw in the face of someone he wants to get away from. The final item is his Gloves of Thievery, enhancing his already strong talents at lock picking and doing sleight of hand, once he learns how these new mechanisms work, he will be a wiz at bypassing them.

Why: Are you kidding me! Playing fairy tail characters in a space setting, couldn't have asked for a better campaign, of course the obvious choice would have been Robin Hood himself, but Skippy was such a good little character in the movie, and we knew he would follow in the footsteps of his hero, he deserves his chance to get out there and make a name for himself!

Last edited by The Dark Star; Oct 27th, 2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3125
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
prince Aladdin
right-aligned image

Fairytale Character: prince ali

Race and Class: variant human (rogue 2/(genie warlock 3)

Description: What is your character like? Has the recent discovery about their current situation changed them at all?

Appearance: short brown hair and eyes. Tan leathery skin from sleeping in the streets. A short sword on his hip. A purple vest and white pants. A lamp is hidden sticking just out of a pocket sewn inside his vest.

History: born a street rat Aladin learned to live rough and fast. His ability to move around the city inspiring his training as a rogue. He worked with a den of thieves slowly becoming the "king of thieves". He was on a dungeon raid for an old man who claimed a great treasure in exchange for a lamp hidden deep within the sands. Upon finding the lamp he finds a friend. A genie. The genie helps him escape the dungeon and Aladdin sees a beautiful Princess but knows he isn't good enough by himself. This he turns to the genie who helps him impress the genie. He works on becoming a prince and befrinds a little monkey who he names abu. They impress the princess though his true self becomes apparent to her as her wizard protector becomes jealous and seeks the crown himself. They stop the wizard and the princess grows find of Aladdins true self. They marry and genie is freed who then decides to stay with Aladin.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=89672

Explanation: rogue is from his time as a street rat the warlock abilities are from the lamp given to Aladin after the genie was freed. Sometimes sounds can be heard from the lamp as Jafar is screaming for his escape. I took the broom of flying flavored as the flying carpet. (Sorry jasmine only room for one.) I took the charlatans dice and the clockwork amulet as small magical favors from genie.

Why: fairy tails in space sounds really cool. It sounds like it could be similar to a spell jammer campaign which is something I've been interested in for a while.

Last edited by delpinator; Nov 15th, 2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6837
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Unfortunately I am at my limit, but if there isn't a Warforged Gingerbread Man I will be sorely disappointed.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
For the Array, do we get to add our 4th level ASIs on top of that or no? Soo many fun ideas! I had an idea for a villain, but didnt know how you would feel about that. I included it anyways just incase? Sorry if you wanted me to only write one, but I wasn't sure which I liked better...

Why am I interested: I really enjoyed my last game that you DMed for me , and I think this is a cool idea to take Disney characters, and put our own twists on them.

Last edited by Alemar; Oct 26th, 2021 at 10:07 PM. Reason: finalizing applications
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 11:22 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
So like, just disney characters, but like, classic disney right? Not their other properties like Marvel or Star Wars, right?

I am just asking cause I need to think of some of the other character types and build. I was thinking maaaaybe applying with a character from the Atlantis movie. :P

Also may I add that while I've not watched much of it, this setting premise feels kinda like westworld? I like it.

Last edited by Runetide; Oct 26th, 2021 at 11:24 PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 786
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
App
right-aligned image

Name: Fa Mulan

Race: Vairant Human(Magic Initiate)
Class: Fighter(Samurai)

Description: Mulan's fairly strong-willed and is still tenacious to a fault. Due to prior experience in war, she's more mature then the other princesses. When the truth is revealed, she'll remain optimistic of the whole situation, because she has friends that count on her and probably a lover (if Shang's around then sure).

Appearance: Mulan stands at least 5'4" and has a light frame. Her her is straight and black colored, it's length only reaches through her shoulders. Her usual attire is bright red Hanfu (Chinese dress), however with her dress comes with a sword sheathed on its scabbard near her hip. She doesn't wear any make-up

History: Fa Mulan lived in a small village, her father was a war veteran for the Chinese Empire. When war against the Hans start rising, her father was asked to join the war front. Mulan decided to protect him by disguising herself as a man. Thanks to her strong will and guidance of her guardian spirit, a Chinese pseudodragon named Mushu, she was hailed a hero of China. She then married her captain, Li Shang, and now she finds herself in an odd point in time.

She met strange beings called fairies and mermaids, and other foreign concepts. What was weirder, were the tourist, they asked strange questions and yet she didn't question it, cause she felt like she understands them and understands what to do around here. She understood that the Queen of Hearts united the lands and kingdoms but didn't understand how that's possible. She doesn't remember how she got here, everything beyond her marriage was fuzzy. But she hypothesis that this is something like the afterlife or it's a prison, though she continues to do as she always does. Not because of this strange feeling, but because her instincts say that to go through with what she hypothesis would mean death. This theory was strengthened after the disappearance of a few individuals that she knew had the same thoughts as her. So she waits for an opportune time to find the truth and also a way out.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=89669

Explanation: Alright, first off, I'm giving Mulan the Magic Initiate to give her a boost her swordsmanship. Sure, it's strange to have booming blade and true strike, but think of it as her sword strikes being very powerful and accurate. As for the find familiar, it's to summon up Mushu, it'd be neat to have a small dragon around, even though he won't be much use. I also gave her boots of winterlands, cause she survived that snow mountain and avalanche that one time, so she must have developed some cold resistance. Theirs also the wand of Pyrotechnics, think of those as Firecrackers and it'll be fine. Unbreakable arrow, that's not noticable at all, sides it's better to have at least one ammunition then none at all. And yeah, that pretty much covers it, soldier and samurai are pretty self-explanatory, though I've change the game set to mahjong cause I thought it made sense .

Why are you interested in playing this adventure?
Cause it sounds like a pretty fun concept. Really sounds like your on to something here.

Old Oct 26th, 2021, 11:50 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
So yes, to quickly answer a question or two, you get all your level up features as normal. That includes stat boosts or Feats at 4th level.

Fairytale setting is preferred. I don't mind something like Atlantis, but if you are trying to pick a character that knows how to use future tech like Stitch or Han Solo or something, then that will actually count against you.

So many great application ideas already!!!!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Oct 26th, 2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 12:41 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11473
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Princess Rapunzel (Complete)
right-aligned image

Name: Rapunzel of Corona

Race: Human (Custom Variant)
Class: Celestial Warlock / Bard

Description: Rapunzel is a boundless font of exuberance and enthusiasm. After being cooped up in her tower for years, she has an unquenchable thirst for new experiences. She is gregarious and social, trying hard to make up for her years of isolation by being absolutely everyone’s friend. She can be a bit too trusting at times and displays more than her fair share of naivete. Part of this is because she is deeply empathic, always willing to see things from other people’s point of view.

However, she is also very troubled by the realization that Fairytale Station is no more than a facade. She wants to believe that the people she has met since her reawakening are good at heart, but can’t help feeling reminiscent of her time as a captive being lied to about her situation.

Appearance: Rapunzel is a young woman in her late teens with fair complexion and a splash of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her wide green eyes seems to convey a perpetual sense of wonder and more than a little naivete. Her slight frame belies the unexpected strength that comes from years of hauling full grown adults up to the top of her tower. Of course, the most noticeable aspect of her appearance would have to be the nearly seventy feet of flowing golden hair

History: The kingdom of Corona was beset by a terrible plague, one which even the most accomplished healers seemed unable to treat. The rulers of the kingdom looked on powerless, but all that changed when the queen herself fell ill. The king refused to sit idly by while his wife and an unborn child withered away. Desperate for anything that might have an effect, he approached a powerful outsider and begged for aid. He found an audience with a solar whose name could not be spoken by mortal lips but who was commonly known as “The Sundrop.” The heavenly being was loath to intervene however, stating that the plague itself might be the will of the gods. The king ultimately made an offer that the otherworldly being could not refuse, offering up his unborn child to become a vessel for the celestial, that it might use her to more directly enact the will of the heavens on the material plane. The Sundrop accepted and infused the child with their divine essence. The girl was born and almost immediately health and vigor returned to the queen.

However, the kingdom’s joy was short-lived. The child was no more than a babe in the cradle when a dark priestess of the grave stole into the castle in the dead of night and absconded with the infant. The priestess, who called herself Mother Gothel, hoped to use the child’s mystic gifts for herself, tapping into the healing energies that suffused the child’s being in order to extend her own life. She named the young girl Rapunzel and raised her as her own, but kept her hidden away in a secluded tower. To keep the girl satisfied and complacent, she was encouraged to pursue all manner of studies and activities. She was provided with a vast library of books, arts and craft supplies, musical instruments, games and diversions. Anything she desired was hers, so long as she remained within the tower. And if such provisions were not sufficient on their own, the old witch instilled in the girl a fear of the outside world with tales of the horrors and dangers that lurked there.

And for many years it worked. It wasn’t until the girl was nearly grown, on the cusp of womanhood, that she discovered the world outside her tower was not exactly as her “mother” portrayed it. A young roguish fellow stumbled upon Rapunzel’s tower when the old witch was away gathering herbs to use in her dark rituals. At first startled, the young girl immediately knocked the intruder out, but once the man awoke she peppered the man with questions about the outside world, and found that his answers were nothing like she expected. At first she thought he might be lying, but his ignorance about the most basic elements of her existing worldview seemed beyond anything that could possibly be feigned. At that point, Rapunzel’s insatiable curiosity took over, and she left her tower with the strange rogue to explore and learn the truth about the outside world.

As she sought our new information, she eventually discovered the true secret of her past. Returning to her tower to confront the woman who had lied to her for her entire life, Rapunzel attempted to sever the pact that bound her to the Sundrop entity by literally severing the long flowing hair that was the source of her magic. Doing so had catastrophic effects on the old priestess who had siphoned the majority of her power from her young charge.

From that point, Rapunzel expected to live a quiet, relatively normal existence - that is, if you can consider coming into her birthright as princess of the realm to be ordinary, which could only be true if you compared it to a life as the earthly vessel of a celestial being. Curiously though, she awoke one day after experiencing strange and confusing dreams to find that her long golden locks had somehow returned, imbued with strange new powers. She also came to find subtle changes in the world around her, such as presence of the previously unknown Queen of Hearts who somehow seemed to outrank her birthparents despite holding an equivalent title, or the lady-in-waiting who claimed to be one of Rapunzle’s closest friends despite the fact that the princess could not quite remember when or how they had met. Most curious of all, the harder she tried to focus on such memories, the more elusive they seemed to become.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=89674

Explanation: Ok, so for starters, I am working off of the Disney version of Rapunzel, taking into account the entirety of the movie and picking up somewhere in the first season of her animated series. The reason for this is that it places Rapunzel at the perfect moment for Fairytale Station to grab her: she has her iconic look and most of her powers back, but is at sort of a status point - she’s indefinitely put off her wedding to Eugene, even though we all know it is coming. There’s sort of a looming mystery in the background, but no sense of impending doom. She is perfectly set up for some episodic adventures that will allow her to interact with guests.

From a meta-point of view, picking Rapunzel’s story up at this point also allows us to justify any inconsistencies between the movie and the series - the movie was her real history. The series accounts for forced changes that FST used to rework her when they cloned her.

Now for the mechanics, the first thing that really needed accounting for was her magic, glowing hair. Her magic doesn’t come from any sort of study or from any ancestral bloodline. Instead she gets it from interacting with a source of otherworldly power - so this makes her a Warlock. Her pact weapon is her hair, which will mechanically use the stats for a whip to account for reach, but flavor-wise it will be her hair. She is taking the Improved Pact Weapon Invocation not for the expanded weapons list or even for the +1, but primarily so that the hair becomes her arcane focus, since the hair is really the source of her magic powers. However, while she is taking Pact of the Blade, Rapunzel is definitely not a Hexblade patron, since she is more of a support character than an attacker. Instead she is taking the Celestial Patron, which also accounts for healing abilities.

It was tempting to think of her as a Chain-Pact Warlock because of her ever-present animal companion, but she doesn’t really do anything magically familiar with Pascal, unlike her hair which is clearly magical. Also, she doesn’t just have one animal companion, but also develops a bond with her horse, Max and several other animals throughout the series. So instead of a familiar, we give her the Beast Speech Invocation, proficiency in Animal Handling, and the Animal Friendship spell. With all these in combination, she has a great chance of bonding with any animal she comes across, they just won’t be familiars.

Speaking of proficiencies, Rapunzel should have a bunch of them because no one has more hobbies than this girl. So we are multi-classing her as a bard to pick up the Jack-of-all-Trades feature (she dabbles in everything but is only an expert at a few things). This also fits well with her ability to inspire others through song, like when she convinces an entire tavern of ruffians to pursue their dreams and be the best version of themselves.

As for spell selection, her magic tends to fall into a few key buckets: Healing (Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Lesser Restoration); Light-based for her glowing hair and lantern obsession (Light, Faerie Fire, Sacred Flame); Inspiration and Charming (Friends, Animal Friendship, Heroism, Charm Person, Suggestion); and physical things that she does with her hair (Mage Hand and Unseen Servant for grabbing and manipulating things from a distance, Feather Fall for all the times she uses it to stop herself falling out of towers or off of cliffs, Hold Person for entangling people)

Why are you interested in playing this adventure? I have a young daughter so I have watched a lot of Disney movies. I was also a lit major and studied a ton of folktales and mythology. I absolutely love stories that take a slight twist on the established versions of characters. Also, this just sounds like a lot of fun and I have loved the other games that you’ve DM’ed.

Last edited by rhaiber; Nov 3rd, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7030
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Okay okay, hear me out...

Application
right-aligned image

HADES, LORD OF THE DEAD
"Hi, how ya doing?"

Race and Class: Fire Genasi Wizard (School of Necromancy)

Description: Hades is a fast-talking, sarcastic guy with a fiery temper and a tendancy to hold grudges. However, he's also intelligent, and he knows how to make allies when it's necessary.

Honestly, the easiest way to explain how I see the realization of what's going on affecting Hades would be to refer to the show Loki. Hades is prideful, and it's going to hit him pretty hard to know his whole existence was contrived for the entertainment of some rich tourists. He's probably going to lose the taste for ruling people rather quickly in favor of just not being a pawn for some big bad space corporation, and to that end, he'll have no problem working with the others in the party.

But he'll never stop being sarcastic with people. That just wouldn't be Hades after all!

History: Fed up with his station down in the Underworld, Hades always resented his older brother Zeus and the other gods of Mount Olympus for living in luxury while he worked in dark solitude. So then hatched a plan, one AGES in the making. When the planets aligned just right, there would be an opportunity for Hades to free the Titans, ancient and powerful enemies of Zeus. With their help, Hades would defeat the other gods and take Olympus for himself. After that, all of Rome would be his... and next? Maybe the lands beyond? With the Titans at his beck and call, how hard could it be toppling the Queen of Hearts' entire empire and ruling the entire world?

... or at least that's what WOULD have happened, if his little sunspot of a nephew hadn't gotten in the way. The mighty Hercules they called him... a hero of heroes. What an absolute pain Wonder Boy turned out to be... surviving assassination as a baby, growing to become a hero to the mortals as he tore through Hades' army of monsters like wet papyrus, defeating the Titans, freeing his father Zeus from imprisonment, and after ALL of that... adding insult to injury as he punched an utterly defeated Lord of the Dead straight into the River Styx. Really, that last part seemed a little gratuitous... what, just because Hades' had trapped the guy's dead girlfriend in the Underworld for all of eternity? Pfft, talk about being petty.

The time in the Styx made Hades' previous humiliations seem tame by comparison. It wasn't just the constant harassment of slimey souls tugging at him from all sides. No, the former Lord of the Dead had to watch as his domain was brought under new management; the Queen's Guard. Her majesty's loyal soldiers moved right in, keeping a watchful eye on Hades, though he was hardly in a position to catch more than the occasional fleeting glimpse back or snippet of conversation from above. After what felt like millenia though... the guards freed Hades, much to his surprise. Of course, it wasn't without conditions though. During his time in captivity, apparently tourism from the lands beyond had picked up significantly, and Hades was informed that he would be resuming his role overseeing the Underworld... specifically, TOURS through it.

The utter indignity of it all. Once on track to rule all, Hades had been reduced to a glorified guide for strangers coming to take leisurely boat rides and walking tours through HIS domain. And the worst part was that he had no say in it... time in the Styx seemed to have weakened the god severely, and he now had barely a fraction of his once great power. If he tried to resist, undoubtedly, the guards would toss him back into his watery prison. So, Hades played along, waiting for his moment... a chance to turn the tables.

Character Sheet: Hades, Lord of the Dead

Explanation: Conceptually, it didn't take very long to figure out how I'll build Hades. He's a fast talker, but not liked by most... so not charismatic, but VERY intelligent. His main specialties are control, fire magic, and dominion over the dead, all of which are covered pretty effectively by the wizards, so that was an easy choice. And finally, Fire Genasi, because duh... he wouldn't be Hades without flaming hair for people to comically blow out behind his back.

Why: This is such a cool and unique idea for a campaign! I think it's a great opportunity to have fun seeing how characters across different universes would interact with one another, plus the added bonus of a cool sci-fi narrative underscoring it, which just has a TON of potential. I also love Disney, though I honestly don't know many 90's kids (or really people in general) who don't.

Last edited by Touketsu; Oct 29th, 2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 12:21 PM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Application
right-aligned image

Fairytale Character: Gallant Robber Rumcajs

Race: Variant Human

Classes: Fighter 1, Ranger 4

Description: Rumcajs is a very boastful, proud man, who despises figures of authority. He always thinks first of his interests but never leaves a friend in need. The robber has surprisingly good contact with animals and spirits of nature, so good, that his beard is also a disguised beehive. He never leaves his hideout without his trusty acorn pistol and a backup one, as he doesn't really trust anyone, even though he often seems to be very calm and laid back.

Appearance: Rumcajs is a short man with a really tall, red hat. Most of his face is obscured by a thick beard that leaves only his big nose and vigilant eyes uncovered. He is often seen in a loose, white shirt and thick, red pants patched up with some pink hearts. He is always wearing his sturdy, leather shoes, which he made himself.

History: Rumcajs was a cobbler in Jičín and had to make shoes for the town mayor Humpál. Humpál was proud of his big feet, but Rumcajs bragged that he saw larger ones. Humpál expelled him to the Řáholec forest "for the insult of mayor's foot". There, Rumcajs became a brigand. He settled in a cave in the forest and gained his signature attributes: a tall red hat, a beard with a bee swarm, and a pistol loaded with acorns.

One day, Rumcajs got lost in the forest and when he finally left the woods, he found himself in a new kingdom, that seemingly ruled over all kingdoms. He didn't like that... he had to do something about it.
Rumcajs is slowly planning to overthrow the queen. To gather necessary funds, he often robs the travellers for their coin, or mingles with the ladies.
However, he doesn't know that he is just a tourist attraction and people search for him in hope to be robbed of their fake money.

Character Sheet

Explanation:
Swarmkeeper ranger for bees that are housed within his beard. + The character has strong connection with nature.

Why are you interested in playing this adventure?
I like the idea and I absolutely love connecting fantasy with sci-fi.

Last edited by BarrowB; Nov 9th, 2021 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Chainging class
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44944
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I voted for you over in round zero so I'm definitely interested.

One question though, what kind of posting rate were you aiming for?
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 02:32 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Aiming for a posting rate of twice a week. I do understand that real life might get in the way of that rate every now and then, and so long as players communicate as best they can when they'll be out or delayed I will be happy to work with them!
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Okay! So I have a character application that I had to spend some time trying to fit together. I hope that I can do it justice, cause like, I hardly get 5th ed at all, so there seems to be like no real way to mechanically represent a nuanced fairytale character... :/

Application
right-aligned image
Ariel the Witch-Queen

Fairytale Origin: The Little Mermaid

Race: Human (because mermaids were not a playable race)

Class: Warlock (Fathomless Patron) 4/Fighter 1

Appearance: No one would say that Ariel has a delicate physique anymore. Not since she took over the undersea kingdom. Hale, beautiful, otherworldly... and cold are words that are used to describe her. Fair skinned and with her bountiful red hair, Ariel had inherited more and more her father's great health and physique as she matured. It's just unfortunate how much her expression has changed over the years.

Dressed in aquatic shell-themed armor, Ariel wears a black mantle that seems to be made of an enormous black octopi's tentacles, which seem to drift and move according to her will. Rumors of the hide being taken from an ancient witch named Ursula are whispered, but never spoken aloud in her presence. She carries a familiar trident as a symbol of her authority and strength among Atlanteans.

Ariel is one of the only ones in the Atlantean area of the ocean sector who does not sport fins or a tail. Not that any of her subjects would say anything about that to her face, of course. She seems to swim quite capably underwater even without the tail she certainly had in her childhood. In addition to that, Ariel doesn't sing anymore. Her voice... well, it's different now. Very different.

History: Originally, Ariel's story ended one of two ways, depending on who was telling it. The modern entertainment industry claims she was able to defeat the witch Ursula and free herself from her curse, only to choose to live with Prince Eric from there onwards. In more Grimm tales, she loses and throws herself into the sea, drowning as a human.

What if I told you that it was neither, but instead somewhere strangely in-between? The prince discovered her mermaid nature and was disgusted, turning his back on her. Ursula had won, defeating king Triton and reducing him to but a slave. But this wasn't where the story ended, exactly. Beaten, emotionally broken, Ariel turned to the same kind of evil, becoming Ursula's apprentice. In the years that followed, she learned to make contracts with the same dark powers as the Scyllian witch, and when she had finally attained the strength she desired... murdered Ursula while she slept.

It was all for the 'greater good', of course. When Ariel returned, she brought back the peace and prosperity of Atlantis, and enforced it with an almost cruel lack of mercy. However peaceful the kingdom remained, a continuous blanket of Melancholy always seemed to cover the city from that point forward. Ariel has worked to keep arrangements going between the surface dwellers, and especially the who frequented the ocean surface. While she never figured out exactly 'what' was going on in the station around them, she did understand there were consequences for acting 'out of character', and as long as guests were around she played her part.

Character Sheet:

Explanation: Okay so I've always loved those little headcanon stories about things going differently than the fairy tale says. After all that's kind of part of the fun of the fairy tale, interpreting it how you want. This one would be an exploration of the Little Mermaid, but with a 'what if Ariel ended up stealing Ursula's powers at the end of the story?' twist to it.

It's a little dark. I planned on starting her as Lawful Evil at the moment, focusing on securing power for herself, but growing more as a person as the adventure continues on. She's not going to be a jerk or *sshole to the rest of the party, more coming across as a draconian ruler-type.

For her magic items: I gave her a cloak of billowing for Ursula's tentacle mantle, the warmage's ruby to put on her trident and let her use it as a spell focus, and the survival mantle is a shell-themed half-plate that provides additional protection against hazardous environments. She has spells focused around damaging enemies and controlling the battlefield. If I get to play her I plan on taking another level of fighter and trying to take leadership-style stuff so she can be a decent battlefield controller character. However, I don't know 5e like, at all, and am just going over the options that HeroLab is showing me as available. :/

But Why?: Because I loved playing in the game you were running before, and this concept is interesting and I wanna see where this interstellar fairytale starship goes. I finally found a neat build for a character that could have grown in many ways, so I would love to see if she's up to snuff.

Last edited by Runetide; Oct 27th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1531
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=89677
Fairytale Character: Jessica Rabbit

Race: Human

Class: Sorceress

Description: She was basically amoral upcoming star, but she does care for her husband. With the current situation, she becomes moral, compassionate and selfless when it matters.

Appearance: 6 foot tall, fair skinned, green eyed, sultry redheaded beauty with side bangs that usually covers her right eye. Dressed in red with thigh slits and wears purple armgloves.
right-aligned image

History: She was a rising star, when she was forced into a situation, causing her husband to be framed for murder. She worked with a detective to find the real killer and to clear her husband's name. Later, after her husband's death, she was having trouble adjusting to being a widow. A couple of years later, she had heard about the Fairytale Station and decided to join, figuring it would bring her more fame and riches.

Explanation: Please take a little time to explain some of your choices for the character so that I can get an idea of what you’re going for!: She always thought magic was fun and then one day, she was able to cast spells. She thought she be a perfect sorceress, she got the look down pat she thinks.

Why: Why are you interested in playing this adventure?: It's wacky! Gotta try it!

Last edited by WildJessi; Oct 29th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.