twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 27th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
@runetide Not sure if you wanted to look at Tritons as a playable race or not, but thought i'd give you the option...
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8833
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Oh dang, this is a fun concept! Interest!
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
App is done. Character sheet is done as well. Well, 99.9% done, only thing I have left is figuring out what language to add.
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 10:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
I'm gonna make a Giff application

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7872
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
@runetide Not sure if you wanted to look at Tritons as a playable race or not, but thought i'd give you the option...
I did, but most of the abilities they got overlapped with her warlock patron, so I just went with a 'Ursula never took the legs back' angle!
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 12:12 AM
Party Associate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7075
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
right-aligned image
Fairytale Character: Olaf
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Bard - College of Creation
Appearance: Shaped somewhat like an unusual snowman, Olaf is a crystalline bluish-white, with some coal-black attire, earthy brown arms, and a splash of orange color extending down his lengthy nose. His form is malleable, and it is not unusual for parts of his body to detach from others without him suffering any particular harm.
History: Made to exist by a burst of magic, Olaf takes life as it comes. So it was no particular surprise for him to find himself in the stars above Arendelle, in some kind of unusual boat or whatever. It didn't matter, anyway. Olaf loved helping others and telling stories - and for him, these could often be one and the same. The idea that his memories don't adhere to reality never quite sticks, and so he continues to encourage the other inhabitants of this space boat, hoping they can somehow find a way out of here and keep exploring the world together.
Character Sheet: Olaf
Explanation: Bard is the storyteller/singer that is perhaps at the heart of most Disney characters, but certainly the center of Olaf. He'll spend a good deal of energy encouraging others and trying to keep things light. With a modest ability to manipulate water, even his creations are often in the form of ice, thanks to the powers of his creator.
Why: I'm interested in the role playing opportunities this game will offer, and just a chance to try something different. My first thought was to go full Elsa with ice powers for everything, but this idea seemed even more fun to play.

Last edited by Trequs; Nov 5th, 2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
This looks like alot of fun, It's too bad I have too many games already! I hope this comes to life!
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11928
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Loving all the characters so far! This is going to be so much fun!!

For those of you that have completed an application, let me know if you want any feedback. This is by no means required, but I've noticed a lot of GMs doing this lately and I've appreciated it when I was applying. Can't really give a lot of feedback if you don't have everything ready, but if you do have a completed application (even if you're going to change it later), I'm more than happy to start a discussion with you about your character.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
I would absolutely love any feedback you might have for my applications.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3098
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
I'll take any feedback you have as well.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7872
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Loving all the characters so far! This is going to be so much fun!!

For those of you that have completed an application, let me know if you want any feedback. This is by no means required, but I've noticed a lot of GMs doing this lately and I've appreciated it when I was applying. Can't really give a lot of feedback if you don't have everything ready, but if you do have a completed application (even if you're going to change it later), I'm more than happy to start a discussion with you about your character.
I would totally love feedback. I'm kinda not a fan of 5e's simplicity, and I admit that my general malaise about the system has led me to not be able to build characters properly.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 05:08 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20157
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application
right-aligned image
Fairytale Character: Merida DunBroch

Race and Class: Human Fighter (Archery archetype)

Description: Merida is a very bold, brave, daring, courageous, stubborn, rebellious, and headstrong girl who does not fit the stereotypical princess role. She is very athletic and enjoys nothing more than riding her horse Angus and practicing her archery. Despite her outgoing, forceful, headstrong, and willful personality, Merida does have a playful softness of heart; particularly when it comes to her younger triplet brothers.

Appearance: Merida is pale-skinned with a slender body, a round face, a light dusting of freckles, long curly red hair, and blue eyes.

History: Merida is the headstrong and free-spirited 18-year old tomboyish, willful daughter of Queen Elinor, who rules the kingdom alongside her husband, King Fergus. Queen Elinor's expectations of her daughter cause Merida to see Elinor as being distant while also causing friction between the two. Despite Elinor's desire to see Merida as a proper royal lady, Merida is an impetuous girl who wants to take control of her own destiny. Merida has honed her skill in archery, encouraged by her father and eventually accepted by her mother. She once inadvertently cursed her mother with the aid of a witch while trying to change her destiny. She was able to reverse the curse and help kill a magic bear that had terrorized the kingdom, and mended the bond with her mother. Though she was destined to marry on her 16th birthday, her actions convinced the older generation to allow her to wait to marry until someone had won her heart. She never got the chance, however, as the same witch who helped her with the curse wound up casting a spell on her that transported her to the station...all in exchange for new woodworking equipment. When she awoke, she was back in the area of the bear cave, and it wasn't long before she discovered something was very wrong. This was confirmed when she found the witch's answering cauldron that contained a cryptic message that started with "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference where you are..." Since then, she has discovered the truth, and finds herself once more on a quest to control her own fate.

Character Sheet: If ye had a chance to change yer character sheet...would ye?

Explanation: I tried to stay as true to Brave as possible. Intelligence was the dump stat due to her demonstrated reluctance to study and lecture, plus she's strong enough to draw a bow and tear a gown at the sleeves and back. Dexterity was the obvious choice for high stat, and I put Charisma over Constitution because she was able to stop three different clans from a full-scale battle by sheer force of personality, and not only hold their attention, but change their minds about tradition and reunite them. Her uncommon magic item was her Ma, it's just me booooowwwwwwww! :-obow, gifted to her by both her parents to replace one her mother had burned. Individually, her Da gave her a magic tankard that allowed her to drink as much as she wanted without getting drunk (Sooo...that's how he kept the clans under control all this time...). Her Ma gave her a vial of enchanted perfume that could bend a man's mind to her will (she's kind of afraid to touch it since she received it). Skill selection was challenging, but I went with animal handling (demonstrated skill at riding), athletics (she's a seasoned rock climber), insight (she is a princess, after all), nature (duh), persuasion (SHUT IT!!!), and survival (tracking and forest lore). With languages, I went with Sylvan (talking to will o' wisps and bears), elven, and dwarvish, both prevalent in Scottish mythology.

Why: I love Merida, and after reading "Pocket Princesses" have become enamored of the idea of fairytale characters being pulled out of their stories and dealing with reality. I almost went with my most favorite, Eilonwy from the Dark Cauldron...but nobody would include her in such an attraction. Jerks. :P

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Nov 5th, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3151
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Babar
left-aligned image

Fairy Tale Character: Babar
Race and Class: Loxodon Druid (Land, Grasslands)

L'Histoire de Babar: " (Apres la muertre de son mere) Babar est sorti de la grande foret et arrive pres d'une ville. Il est tres etonne parce que cest la premiere fois qu'il voit tant de maisons . . . "

The Story of Babar begins with Babar as a baby elephant who loves his mother. His mother loves him. He is carefree and plays with the other elephants and gets elephant-back rides. Suddenly one morning, Babar's mother was killed by hunters. After the killing of his mother, Babar came out of the park and somehow actually wandered into the space station. He was very surprised because it was the first time he had seen so many buildings. He wandered into one of the buildings and was mesmerized by an elevator. After a while, an Old Lady came and took him in hand and As much or as little as the GM wishes to use Babar as an introductory toolexplained what was going on to him. Then he returned to try to tell his friends what was happening.

L'apparition de Babar: Babar is a very civilized looking person despite his size and bulk. He likes to wear a stylish green suit and snappy red cravat.

Comment est Barar? As we come to the current discoveries, Babar is a happy and well meaning young creature. He embarks on this quest to help his friends in the park. Once he knew there was something wrong, he couldn't just sit by and let it happen.

Pourquoi? The premise is original and seems conducive to playing fun and light hearted character is a not terribly light hearted setting. This offers opportunities for role playing and character growth very different from the more traditional D&D characters who are already veterans of conflict even at 1st level.

I tried to pick spells and magic that would be the sort of things his helpful friends would teach him rather than to maximize damage. The only exception were the magic boots but they rounded out his defensive abilities so nicely and how else are you going to find snazzy two toned shoes that will fit an elephant unless they are magic.

Last edited by penbeast0; Oct 28th, 2021 at 11:06 PM.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 06:40 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20157
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Homestarbaby, when you get a moment, I'd appreciate any feedback you have on my completed application!
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
This looks like alot of fun, It's too bad I have too many games already! I hope this comes to life!
Bummer, with your avatar, I see you playing a warrior type, name would be Wreck-it Ralph. Loved that toon movie!