RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 28th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
The Rat Queen, I almost went with your pc, but went with Jessica Rabbit instead.

Dm, I don't ask for feedback much, guess I get too sensitive, but I wouldn't mind a feedback for this one.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 09:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3151
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Babar looks ready for review as well if you have the time. Always like feedback.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 728
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Hmm, feedback, yeah, I think I'll go for one too.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16882
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Withdrawing the Cheshire Cat, just have too many games going at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Nov 9th, 2021 at 02:15 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 59
Oran
Application
right-aligned image
Fairytale Character: Rapunzel von der Sonne

Race and Class: Bugbear (Mechanically) Way of Mercy Monk

Description: The Rapunzel of today is a far cry from the shy trapped girl in the tower. Although still plenty exuberant, she has definitely matured and mellowed from her time in the public sphere. She always sees the best in people, and loves to interact with all the foreign tourists. She figuratively and literally lights up the room, with her sunny disposition, and her glowing golden hair.

Even though she doesn't understand what is wrong, she can sense that something is afoot, a strange feeling in the air. Her yearning to explore will drive her forward, and with her friends by her side, there's nothing they can't accomplish together.

History:

TLDR: Rapunzel in Tower was the attraction. Mind wiped at the end of every week. Mother was a handler employed by the Company. Guest attempts to rescue Rapunzel, but fails and both are knocked out, but not before Rapunzel's magic awakens. Company pretends that it was a publicity stunt, and that Rapunzel was rescued by her Prince. Rapunzel is now free to wander around the 'world', no longer subject to frequent mind wipes.

Character Sheet: Character sheet

Explanation: First, the elephant in the room, why Bugbear? Mainly for the long-limbed reach ability. I've been toying with the idea of Rapunzel using her hair as a weapon, like Sindel from Mortal Kombat or Medusa from Marvel comics, so the reach ability will be used for unarmed hair strikes as a monk. Additionally, the other abilities seemed to fit in as well, like Powerful Build which helps her haul tourists up into her tower. These could be explained as genetically engineered abilities maybe?

As for the Way of Mercy subclass, her hair heals in Tangled, represented by Hands of Healing. Also, I didn't know this before but apparently there's a TV show where her hair gains decay powers or something? So that neatly coincides with Hands of Harm. My uncommon magic item, the coiling tattoo will also be hair flavoured, grappling enemies with the hair rather than the ink of the tattoo.

Backstory wise, I thought that there might have been some incidents where the guests grew a conscious and tried to either help or rescue the attractions, and maybe that could play into Rapunzel's backstory. Also the repeated mind wipes would probably have affected her memory/mind, hence the 8 intelligence. She isn't dumb, but has a hard time recalling small bits of information.

Why: It seems like such a fun concept. I love trying to put a spin on established characters. I've tried to make a few Totally Not Disney characters in games that I've played in before, and its freeing to be able to make an actual one for a change.

Should be ready for review if I'm not forgetting anything. Feedback is very welcome, especially with the backstory. Let me know if things don't jive, and I'll try and make it work.

Last edited by Oran; Oct 30th, 2021 at 10:10 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 12:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1420
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
These have all been incredibly creative and fun to read! Cheers to everyone who gets selected (very tough choices, Homestarbaby)
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7030
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
With the addition of a completed sheet, Hades is complete! So far I've only allocated gold toward learning more spells to put in his book, ha ha.

I'd love any feedback you can provide!

Last edited by Touketsu; Oct 29th, 2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1478
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application=Finished
right-aligned image

Name: Archimedes
Race: Aarakocra
Class:Artificer 3/ Wizard 2
Subclass:Scribes / Alchemist
Background: cloistered scholar
Storyline: Sword in the Stone - Merlins student

Description:
Archimedes is studious, learnt, and enjoys inventing and brewing almost anything in which he can get his hands on. He is a wise cracker. A smart aleck, and genious level curious. Admitantly he is a little full of himself and slightly brash, but it lends itself well to his charm. Archimedes biggest flaw is his combativeness, always questioning what he doesn’t know to understand. His biggest accolade comes in the same form, is his ability to overcome any obstacle.

History:
For years Archimedes and Merlin worked together, training King Arthur for his big debut. Pointing him in the direction of glory and magnificence.

As a Student to the greatest wizard to ever walk the land, Archimedes is no stranger to all forms of strange magic. His fascination for the unknown only being rivalled by his predecessor. Together they unravelled countless secrets, and protected even more. Archimedes knew he would never rival Merlins prowess, so instead of striving to do so, he turned his talents inwards and onto sciences. Here he would be able to compliment his teachers abilities, heightening both of their astuteness.

The news about what has been going on has definitely shaken the tiny professor but his resolve is that of a man of logic. Strong minds always prevail he thinks. While Merlin works with the others to figure out navigation and power, Archimedes spends his time studying the engineering and focusing on repairs, all the while keeping his alchemical Laboratory fully functional. He knows that to survive this conundrum they are going to need to work as a team and utilize each others talents.

Explanation:
Archimedes is a really good #2. He will support his leaders to the best of his abilities, compliment them and even heighten them. This bodes well for both Wizard utility and artificer utility.
Aarakocra obviously for the bird aspect. Artificer for some creative panache and a starting point for an intelligent individual. Wizard from being Merlins student. He will most often avoid combat due to his tiny nature but when provoked will scratch the eyes out of someone furiously.

Archimedes will not be the most powerful caster. That spot will always be reserved by his master. He will however be resilient, independent and resourceful. Archimedes will be pesky, annoying, hard to track down and harder to keep down, with his versatility and utility.

Why:
Because DND and sword in the Stone are relatively similar. Both really cool, and both favorites from my child hood. Why not right.

Items:
common - feather token / extra cautiousness from a once scorned aerial caster.
common - hat of wizardry / fashion that matches his depiction.
Uncommon - bag of holding / more space for materials, concoctions, books and gadgets.

I will take feed back when it’s available, thanks!

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=89703

Last edited by Jrod; Nov 3rd, 2021 at 01:18 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3395
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Wouldn't mind some feedback if you have some!
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11928
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
So many good applications! And one of my other games just went dark, which gives me more free time than I expected. I might have to run more than one group though this.

I am currently working on feedback for everyone that asked. Will have it up as soon as I am able!
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 06:14 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20157
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I'm thinking of changing my character. You know how they always say in studies that "nine out of ten doctors agree...?"

I'm thinking of playing the tenth doctor. Mwahahahaaaa...

...I'll see myself out.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11928
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Whew! I have finished feedback on all of the applications that requested it, or so I believe. If I am wrong and somehow missed your feedback request, or if I have anything wrong on the first post with the pending application table, please let me know!

You are all welcome to ignore my feedback here, respond as you will, or decided to put forth another character application if you wish! Obviously I am not going to accept more than one application from the same player, but I'm not going to penalize you for having different ideas you want to play around with (at last not for this game). I do ask that you let me know if you are completely uninterested in an idea you have already submitted, though.

If you missed this round of feedback, no worries. I expect to do another round next week!

Once again, thank you so much for all the incredible applications!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Oct 29th, 2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3151
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Sorry to say that while the table says you gave feedback on Babar, I haven't seen it. Looking forward to it in the next round or if you find time.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Jrod, he's so cute!
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 728
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward