RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 29th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3151
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0

Last edited by penbeast0; Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 11:07 PM
Party Associate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7075
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
Olaf is now updated (and now a halfling). I'll probably flesh out the details a bit more, but he's basically set. I'd appreciate feedback in the next round!

Last edited by Trequs; Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7872
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Oh Archimedes! I love the art!

Last edited by Runetide; Oct 30th, 2021 at 12:21 AM.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 01:40 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7030
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1478
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
I will take feed back when it’s available, thanks!
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 06:57 PM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1002
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
I see that many people asked for feedback, so I guess I also want it.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1814
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
WIP

Fairytale Character: Tinker Bell

Race and Class: Fairy /Artificer: Battle Smith

Description: What is your character like? Has the recent discovery about their current situation changed them at all?

Appearance: Tinker Bell is a tinker fairy who is small, slender, and fair-skinned. Her eyes are baby blue in color and her hair is blond and comes down to her shoulders. Tinker Bell usually wears her hair in a bun, tied up with various color ribbons, blue being the most common color she wears.

Her clothing consists of a strapless, green dress that has a leafy look around the bottom of it and is about mid-thigh in length. Her shoes are flat heeled and green in color with white puff balls on the toes of them. However, her entire body turns fiery red when she's angry, making her green dress really stand out against her red skin.

Over all Tinker Bell looks like a small human with clear butterfly wings and pointed ears.

History: There are several versions of each fairytale, not to mention your actual experience here on the station itself.

Character Sheet:

Explanation: Did you give Peter Pan a Jump spell instead of Fly because he isnít always happy anymore? Is Big Bad Wolf a Druid, but you only plan on letting them transform into a wolf? Please take a little time to explain some of your choices for the character so that I can get an idea of what youíre going for!

Why: Fairies in space. What could possible go wrong?

Last edited by voodoozombie; Nov 12th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 576
Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome Silver Sonome
Hope I'm not too late!

Hello there! I'm a new member of this website; I'm amazed at how active this place is! I'm semi-new to PbP, as I'm familiar with the concept, but haven't played a game in this format. Nevertheless, I hope you like my character, this seems like one of the most original campaign ideas I've ever seen!

Character Application - The Happy PrinceFairytale Character: The Prince (from The Happy Prince, by Oscar Wilde)

Race and Class: Warforged Redemption Paladin 5

Description: The Prince's mind is perpetually trapped in a state of childlike innocence. He has simple reasoning and simple ideas, and he cannot comprehend very complex concepts; however, he makes up for that with a seemingly infinite well of kindness and innocence, and a burning desire to serve his kingdom. He wishes to travel the world to bring true happiness to those who suffer. He's often accompanied by a blue swallow, a loyal bird who stays by his side and listens only to his requests (since he never issues 'commands' per se).

Appearance: He resembles a statue of a small child with regal vestments and a crown; his skin and hair have a golden tone to them, but he's not made of gold; rather, it's a thin sheet that covers his body, which he can actually peel off at will to reveal a ceramic interior. The only parts of him that are not golden are his clothes, which have the red and black Queen of Hearts branding, as well as the Royal Emblem, and some blue gemstones in his eyes. He wields a similarly golden sword and shield, though he rarely uses the former for combat, instead using it for royal investitures, ceremonies, and magic. Mostly magic.

History:

TL;DR: The Prince used to be a decorative statue, but was given an AI and a consciousness to become a new attraction of the park.

TL;DR: The Kingdom of Hearts was at war with the Kingdom of Coins. The ruler of the Coin Kingdom, King Aurus, had a son who was fated to die during the war, so he isolated him inside a palace to keep him safe, but The Prince was poisoned by an enemy, and the King lost his resolve and his allies, ultimately being defeated by the Queen. From that point on, the story plays out mostly like the original.

TL;DR: The Prince befriended people all around the park, but the staff wanted to keep him under control. They locked him in his room, but he kept communicating with the fairytale characters with the help of The Swallow. He discovered his situation thanks to a visitor sending a cryptic note to him, telling him the truth about his father’s death by the hand of the Queen. With no way to know if it speaks the truth, he now seeks to contact the mysterious sender once more…

Character Sheet: You can find it here

Explanation:

Why: Several reasons, actually. Firstly, I have been playing on other online RPG platforms for a while, but the games I've played usually die off due to scheduling. I figured that a PbP game would be easier to keep track of, especially with my current academic situation, so I decided to find a campaign to play in several websites. This one in particular stood out to me because I've been theory-crafting a D&D spacefaring campaign since the latest UA came out, so I have that particular itch for space games with the 5e system; furthermore, I absolutely love retellings and modernizations of classic fairytales (the dark and gritty Alice in Wonderland movies are my guilty pleasure), even if it's just in name only; the way this entire setting seems to be developed was extremely interesting to read, and I immediately found myself creating a character for this campaign. I also wanted to play a (literally) Good character, as lately my characters have all been pricks in one way or another and I'd like to return back to basics.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this is all correct! If you need more detail or some changes, please feel free to ask me for it! I will update my info with my completed inventory as soon as possible, but I'll leave this here to claim a spot, I don't wanna miss this game!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Happy Prince Sheet.pdf (656.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Silver Sonome; Oct 31st, 2021 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I finished my sheet! I found the character sheet manager in this website, and so I did everything I needed to do.
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 07:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
I noticed that Background wasn't listed as part of the required application information. Is this correct or can we include a background if we want?

Last edited by voodoozombie; Oct 31st, 2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 08:05 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11928
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
I noticed that Background wasn't listed as part of the required application information. Is this correct or can we include a background if we want?
The History section of the application requirements should be the background story for the character. Character sheets should include the mechanical Background feature for characters.

I should also add that if you include additional information about your character that you feel is not requested, you are not likely to be penalized for it!
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 08:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ahhhh. O.K. Thanks!!!
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 09:26 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11928
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Next round of responses, including those that had questions about the 1st round, will be up on Tuesday 11/02. I am so delighted at how much interest this game is getting, and the applications have been amazing!

One question I do want to address publicly: you are all welcome to play characters that were mentioned in the story section of the first post if you wish! Those are not hard-locked NPCs that are off the table!
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 12:02 AM
Party Associate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7075
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
right-aligned image
Alright, here's a second idea I can't help but submit. Would appreciate feedback on him as well.

Fairytale Character: Oogie Boogie

Race and Class: Fallen Aasimar Oath of Conquest Paladin

Description: Oogie is not well liked, and that suits him just fine, because he is feared. And that comes with something resembling respect, which means it has been easy for him to have underlings handle anything he doesn't care to deal with - or gamble on - himself.

As for the current situation, it really couldn't be better. More opportunities to cause fear means more opportunities to be in control, to recruit underlings, to steal and gamble, and generally to continue doing whatever he wishes to accumulate power

Appearance: He looks like a burlap sack with an unsettling visage, filled with insects, spiders and snakes - because that's all he is. Held together by a little thread and a touch of magic, the Oogie Boogie Man is a master of terror, jump scares, and everything in between.

History: Sure, it looked like Jack and Santa Claus had destroyed him, but it isn't so easy to depose of the greatest nightmare Halloween Town has ever seen. Reassembling himself with the assistance of Lock, Shock, and Barrel, he headed off to find a new land to terrorize - always with his sights set on en eventual return to Halloween Town where he could finally capture Jack, the Pumpkin King.

Having learned about everything going on around him, Oogie was elated. Most everyone was likely to be shaken by these revelations - what an excellent time to strike fear into their hearts, or convince them to gamble away what they held most dear.

Character Sheet: Oogie Boogie

Explanation: Obsessed with control - in striking fear into others - and the lack of control - in setting so many choices to the roll of the die - this Oogie attempts to match those two, having a bit more control over the seemingly random results of his dice rolls, and by thriving when his terrified foes react in unpredictable, panicked ways.

Why: Oogie has a fun personality to RP, and I'd love to feel out how he interacts with others.

Last edited by Trequs; Nov 1st, 2021 at 01:25 AM.