DnD5e I want to be an Adventurer - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 8 5 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 31st, 2021, 11:22 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I want to be an Adventurer

Game NameI want to be an Adventurer
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeThe life and exploits of a group of adventurers
Flavourfun, long running, character driven, sand box
Plot SummaryThe land of Forsena is a vast place with many nations, races, gods, and creatures. it is a world of magic, of intrigue, of heroes, and of countless dangers. It is a world that needs adventurers. You have recently arrived in the frontier town of kamelford to start your career as an adventurer. Perhaps you have come with your childhood friends, perhaps you have come alone and plan to team up with someone you meet, either way you are going to need help if you plan on being an adventurer for he who stands alone does not stand for long.
The world
This is a homebrew setting in the world of Forsena, a continent with six countries.

I am looking for 5-6 level 1 adventurers. If I get enough interest, I might run two groups.

What to expect
A dedicated dm. this is a passion project of mine which I am willing to commit to

Theater of the mind

I can update every day

I roll behind a DM screen

Initiative works in blocks, everyone with an initiative higher than the monster, the monster, then everyone with an initiative lower than the monster. Your actions are resolved in the order of posts.

Character driven story. This is your story. There are no rails here. You decide what jobs you accept, and you decide how much down time you take between jobs. You can even choose to abandon a mission if its too hard for you.

A long-lasting game. This game has no planned end. it will go for as long as you are willing to play it.

Rather than a single overarching plot, the game will consist of a number of jobs you choose to do. Some will be as simple as go here and kill thing. Others will be much more involved with their own small story.

What I expect
2 posts per week. If something comes up where you can’t do this, let me know. If you go too long without posting, I will control your character until you come back. If you don’t post anything in two weeks without notifying me of the reason, I will kill your character and replace them.

A character who is a team player.

No pvp, use your words. I would rather have your character walk away than come to blows

Dedicated players. Please don’t apply if you’re not willing to commit to this. So many games die because of fickle players.

Character creation

Roll 2d6+6 for stats. Do not roll in this thread. If you want to make your character now, you can roll here
Max hit points at first level. For leveling up you then must choose either average or to roll. If you roll you must abide by the result.
Roll for starting wealth based on class plus anything given by your background
Sources allowed: PH, Eberon, Tasha’s, Xanathar’s, Volo’s, Fisban’s

Application

Name:
Race: any in the allowed sources
Class: any in the allowed sources
Background:
Traits:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: Why do you want to be an adventurer? How did you become your class?
Goal: This is a character driven game; you need to have a goal that motivates you. What are you working towards?
Party role: What do you bring to the table?

PlayerCharacterRaceClass
kanlyFulcrumWarforgedPaladin
DrachenspiritNasvuzne AshbreakerHumanSorcerer
Sluggren: Benjan of IscaneHalf-elfRogue
SiriusEirlys LeolinHalf-elf Wizard
Lunawolf30kMorrigan ChulainForest Gnome Barbarian
delpinatorTimothy salonehumanranger
OnwardLucia MoonHalf-ElfRanger
JaredSyn Rosihana TaradenGnome (Rock)Artificer
silveroakWillow SilverboughFirbolgDruid
O2CXt3: Eldmet DeepfallDwarfDruid
BlackDragon0DeamonDrowFighter
HobbitApriilKalashtarBard
Talissen70HoldenHalf-ElfWarlock
Chaos HavikAreon MortimerHumanGrave Celric
Hal HammerhandShanarra GlimmerleafWood ElfMonk
ManicMonkySal WayfinderTiflingBard
Codex SparksHultuKoboldMonk
Treble83Remy HaystackLightfoot HalflingCleric
Rylus Ars Stormfold Half ElfPaladin
THEME MUSIC
DEADLINE: 11/15

Last edited by Togot; Nov 13th, 2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 01:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
Sirius Sirius Sirius
Hello, I wanted to drop in and say this seems like an intriguing idea, and the whole thing has sparked some inspiration. I do have a few questions regarding the game before I get too invested in a character concept though.

First, should the characters all hail from Almek, or can they be from other kingdoms?

Second, are there any specific kingdoms that certain races hail from, for example, could a half-elf come from Carleon?

Third, and this would likely happen well into the future considering the group would be starting at level one, but what are your thoughts on multiclassing?

The fourth and final question, when it comes to a warlock patron, would the player get free reign to make them, or would it be something worked on between player and DM should the player get accepted into the game?
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 01:41 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Hello, Sirius, excellent questions.

First, no they don't have to hail from Almek. They can be from anywhere. in fact you can even make up a small villiage or town within one of the other kingdoms and i will integrate it into the world

Second, all of the kingdoms are primarily human as they are the dominant race, but the other races have towns and communities within the kingdoms. Kamelford itself;f is 80% human. Other races are most oppressed in Norhtgaurd except for dwarves. Almek kingdom is a very open and welcoming kingdom to other races.

Third, I'm fine with multiclasing but you have to meet the stat requirements for it.

Fourth, I would be fine with either option.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 02:18 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Nov 1st, 2021 at 02:20 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 02:28 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 09:12 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Huh. Neat. Placeholder for my app!
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 02:22 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Beauty and the Beast:
right-aligned image

Name: Shanarra Glimmerleaf
Race: Wood Elf (Werewolf)
Class: Monk
Background: Outlander/Hermit
Personality Traits:
- I can stare down a hellhound without flinching.
- I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.

Ideal:
-People. Friends and family are the most important thing in a person's life.

Bond:
-I must learn to control the beast inside me at all costs.

Flaw:
-I have a beast inside of me that wants revenge and I have a hard time controlling it.

Appearance: Shanarra has a slim yet muscular, athletic build and pale skin. She is tall for her race at around five foot and seven inches. Her snow-white hair flows down her back in braids and loose strands and frames a face that has sharp elven features, making her stand out in a crowd. She prefers loose clothing, a top that ties just above her midriff where three claw marks scar her stomach and pants that flow down to ankles where they tie above her footwraps. She keeps her hands wrapped to protect them from giving out powerful blows against enemies. Her most significant feature is her brown eyes, like a deep chocolate that hold an intense stare and a fire behind them that doesn't show on the outside.

Personality: Shanarra is often serious and no-nonsense. She has little sense of humor, at all. She is direct and to-the-point, taking the most direct approach to most problems and pushing herself to win out through agility or muscle. She sees her mission as the focal point of her life and therefore has little time for flippant things like alcohol or parties. She has denounced most mind-altering substances partially due to the vow she made to her mentor but more because she fears losing control. If she loses control of a situation, she can become quite angry, seeing it as a failing on her part.

Backstory: Shanarra was born in Iscalio in a nice little home away from everything else but children are expensive. Before she was barely a teenager, Shanarra and her family were forced to move into a larger city or more accurately, into a slum on the outskirts of a city. Her father was subjected to the most horrible work opportunities and more and more each day, he sunk into a state of depression. When Shanarra had reached her mid-teens and her father had fallen ill from his unfortunate work history, a man came to visit her family. He spoke in riddles, at least to Shanarra who peeked into her father's room, eavesdropping.

When the man left, Shanarra's father seemed invigorated or possessed since it wasn't with relief, with anger. He stormed about the hovel like a raging bear until Shanarra's mother finally calmed him down. That night, was the last day of Shanarra's old life and the first day of her new one. She was awoken by a terrible calamity and came out into the main living area to find her mother, dead on the floor and then more noises outside. As she rushed outside into the muddy street, she saw two large creatures, covered in fur and mud, fighting in a titanic struggle. In the fitful few moments that she watched, one creature was thrown to the ground, bleeding into the mud and then shrunk into her father...

She was perplexed, then angry and all at once, the large furry humanoid that had threw her father to the ground turned on her. One clawed hand tore across her stomach and she felt a change in herself, a snapping in her brain and then deeper, in her soul. All at once, things began to change, her perception and her body, her bones breaking and reforming until she was standing nearly seven feet tall white werewolf. In the fight that pursued, she managed to injure the other creature but just as it fled into the night, shouts arose and a crowd gathered to see Shanarra just as she reverted back into her elven form...and in quick succession, the crowd investigated the scene and started pointing fingers and shouting accusations at the small elven girl. Reflexively, she fled into the darkness, hoping to find the creature that had truly killed her parents and bring him to justice but it was gone.

Lost and orphaned, Shanarra left Iscalio, traveling ever northward until she found herself in a very strange place, where most of the people worshipped devils and there in this place, she found someone who wasn't what the other were. In a very serene place, she met a man who would become her mentor and help her to control the beast that raged inside of her. It wanted revenge for her father and mother but she had no way of finding the thing who did it. After several years, her mentor revealed to her that he could teach her no more and that the beast would likely win eventually. She had to find a place where she would be safe, a way to live that wouldn't let the beast fully gain control.

She traveled westward to seek out adventure, where if the beast were to break it's chains, then at least she could aim it's fury and need for vengeance upon enemies in the protection of others that deserved it.

Goal: Shanarra seeks to find a niche for herself in a safe environment that can cater to her ...inner nature without endangering the wrong people and to maybe someday, avenge her parents and satiate the beast within.

Party role: She's the wild card and the tank hopefully.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Nov 7th, 2021 at 01:37 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 03:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 249
silveroak silveroak silveroak
1) are you using PHB dragonborn or Fizban's dragonborn?
2) are you using optional character creation rules from Tasha's?
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 03:59 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
phb and no
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 07:43 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6074
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
right-aligned image

Name: Fulcrum

Race: Warforged

Class: Paladin (Though planning to multi-class into Hexblade Warlock)

Background: Courtier

Traits:
Personality: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I canít help itóIím a perfectionist.
I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.

Ideal: Community. It is the duty of all civilized people to strengthen the bonds of community and the security of civilization. (Lawful)

Bond: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me.

Flaws: I would kill to acquire a noble title.
Appearance: Fulcrum is a 6'4" construct of bronze and wood sculpted (literally) into a powerful masculine form. The ghulra on Fulcrum's forehead is a circle with an arc bisecting it horizontally balanced atop an elongated diamond. Fulcrum is normally dressed in a long white cloak with matching shield and carries a large warhammer made of the same materials as their own body.

Personality: Fulcrum is a firebrand and radical who feels that the people need to take their destinies into their own hands

Backstory: Dryst makes heavy use of Warforged as his personal guard and enforcers due to the perceived loyalty and incorruptibility. However, even that level of devotion was not enough for Dryst and so he had Watchers made whose job it was to police the other Warforged and ensure their fanaticism. Fulcrum was one such Watcher.
The thing is, Warforged are intelligent learning machines. Eventually, Fulcrum had seen enough of the evil perpetuated by Dryst and his court and could take no more, however he knew the horrors that awaited him if the other watchers discovered his lack of devotion. So he devised a plan to escape on his own which was long and arduous, but ultimately successful. More difficult has been convincing others of the necessity of Dryst's downfall. It is funny how unsupportive some noble's can be when you start speaking of the need to get rid of other noble lines.

Goal: Regicide - The mad monarch Dryst must die... for the good of his people

Party role: Fulcrum makes for a good tank with some healing ability. He can also searve as a face for the party in a pinch even though he doesn't really have much of one himself.

Character Sheet

Last edited by kanly; Nov 15th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 08:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Nasvuzne Ashbreaker <---- Character Sheet

Race: Human

Class: Sorcerer - Draconic Origin: Brass Dragon

Background: Criminal - Smuggler/Fence

Traits:
  • Personality Traits - The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable - or where such things could be hidden.
  • Ideals - Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who forge them.
  • Bonds - I will become the greatest Smuggler/Fence that ever lived.
  • Flaw - When I see something valuable, I cannot think of anything but how to steal it.
Appearance: Nas is a five foot, eight inch tall shapely young woman. Her ebony hair often has some highlights in it when she's in civilized places, but never anything bright. She carries a quarterstaff, and the only other weapons ever seen on her are a set of daggers, one worn on her belt and the the other in a visible boot sheath. Her skin tone is perpetually tanned with a slight brassy tint to it. The pupils of her hazel eyes often seem to narrow into oval like shapes akin to those of Dragons.

Personality: She's easy to get a smile out of, and enjoys the company of others as well as having a good time. She has an open interest in things of value, and likes the "nicer" things in life. She seems to weave the magic she knows with ease and with a joyful pleasure.

History: Nas' hails from Carleon. Her mother was in her mid forties when her daughter was born. She had been without child her whole life, and even the affair of late with a Noble hadn't changed things. The only thing she had going for her in working at the local Tavern was she still had her looks for her age. She had prayed for years, and years for a child and had really given up.
After one tired night of work and a quick visit from the Noble, she looked down into the refuse on the floor she was sweeping out the door and noticed a single copper there. As she picked it up, she saw it was inscribed with the visage of a Brass Dragon on one side and instead of pocketing it, she walked the two miles to a small altar to Bahamut. She prayed all the way there, asking for a child as she rubbed the coin, tears flowing down her face.
As she dropped the coin into the small coffer slot, she simply said, "Send me a daughter, just as beautiful as this Brass Dragon."
The next morning she was sick, and knew instantly she was with child.

The Noble gave her some support, and she raised her child at first as a kitchen helper, and server to the day crowds. But Nas was quite the charismatic lass, and with her looks and disarming smile, she quickly got into mischief. Knowing she couldn't contain her spirit, her mother made a deal that had her go under the wing of some local trader to learn her trade. The widowed woman was a smuggler behind the scenes of her legitimate business dealings, and schooled Nas in such things.

When Nas' magic began to manifest itself in her and her skin showed scales when viewed close up, the trader returned a debt and favor she owed to a Mentor. She offered up Nas to be part of a local Mage's Guild that the Mentor was forming, the one that needed unique individuals with certain skills.
Nas was glad to have another focus for her magic and skills, especially since she could openly cast her spells and speak of the Spring of magic welling up within her. But it didn't last, and she found that when she became well versed enough to go out on her own, she'd have to sign a contract, and a long term one to boot. Always hearing of the untold wealth and easy living to the north in Almek.
She wanted wealth for herself and vowed to share that wealth with any who would freely adventure with her.

Goal: Wealth, and what it can get her in the way of improving both her leisure time and her ability to adventure and find more. She's got a smuggler's heart right along with a love of the arcane.
Party role: Powerful Ranged Caster for Level 1. Add in Persuasion, Deception, Stealth and being skilled with Thieves tools, she shores up any rogue in the group or can double as one.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Nov 15th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 08:21 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
Sluggren Sluggren Sluggren
The Con-man
right-aligned image

Name: Benjan of Iscane
Race: Half-elf
Class: Rogue
Background: Charlatan
Traits: Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.
I’m a born gambler who can’t resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit — no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
Bond: A powerful person killed someone I love. Some day soon, I’ll have my revenge.
Flaw: I can’t resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Appearance: Benjan is an average looking man, sporting brown eyes and pale skin, with only slightly visible signs of his elven heritage showing in his sharp lines. He has neck long caramel hair, which nowadays is usually hidden behind his dark green cloak. For travelling, he wears leather under the cloak, and brandishes a sabre in sheath and two daggers on each side of his hips. His days running from Iscalio, and the necessary shopping for equipment, has actually left him looking like quite the seasoned adventurer. However, when impersonating his different persona Tonjan the Sage, he will wear bright orange robes along with a bushy black mustache and black dyed hair. There is however no trace of this alter ego as he reaches Almek.

Personality: Benjan is highly manipulative and will not hesitate to decieve and use someone to achieve his own personal goals. Having both lived with circus people and briefly stayed at a court, he is very well situated to speak to people with different backgrounds. Always looking for a way to get an edge, and to entertain any onlookers, Benjan is an habitual trickster, trying to find the next game to fool you in.

Backstory: Why do you want to be an adventurer? How did you become your class?

Goal: This is a character driven game; you need to have a goal that motivates you. What are you working towards?

Party role: What do you bring to the table?

OOCWould be interesting to play a long runner! Totally up for adjusting the background story, since I made some assumptions on towns and politics. I have also tried to keep some information vague in order to not step on any toes, which can be filled out at a later stage.

Last edited by Sluggren; Nov 2nd, 2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 09:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
Sirius Sirius Sirius
Application Status - CompleteEirlys is officially complete! Minus fixes to spelling and grammar should they be found.
Application: Eirlys
right-aligned image
Name: Eirlys Leolin
Race: Half-elf
Class: With plans to multiclass into Great Old One WarlockWizard

Background: Sage - Wizard's Apprentice
  • Trait One: I'm easily distracted if in the presence of a book, ancient artifact, or other historical item. Good luck getting me away from it, even in dire situations.
  • Trait Two: I prefer the company of books to people and my social skills reflect that. Though, get me talking about books and I'm liable not to stop.
  • Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
  • Bond: I carry an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands, or be recovered by the individual I took it from.
  • Flaw: Unlocking an ancient mystery is worth any price, no matter how high.
Appearance: Standing at a whole five feet tall, Eirlys isn't shy about dragging a chair to a bookshelf to get at the top shelf. A mousy little thing, the young half-elf isn't the most striking of individuals upon first glance. Yet, if one takes the time to give her a once over, they'll see signs of elven heritage with high cheekbones, fine features, and deep honey-gold eyes occasionally hidden behind cropped chestnut brown hair.

Eirlys goes out of her way to keep her clothes understated, preferring not to be the center of attention when she can help it. Often this means a sturdy cotton blouse in muted colors - faded red is a favorite - and a pair of fitted trousers topped off with her well-worn boots. When it is particularly cold or wet she'll add on a plain brown cloak. A more common accessory is a length of yellow ribbon worn about her head akin to a headband. It was a gift given to her by her parents before she left home to study under Merrick. In addition to the headband, the female half-elf is rarely seen without a simplistic necklace made from leather scraps and fashioned around a rough-hewn chunk of labradorite. These days it isn't uncommon to see a dagger hanging from her hip and a dusty tome clutched to her chest.

Personality: Despite her demure appearance Eirlys is blunt - likely to a fault - and rarely afraid to speak her mind. If anything, the young woman has no filter and tends to say the first thing that comes to mind. Whether that's commenting on her surroundings, informing someone they require a bath, correcting a misstated fact, it is clear Eirlys doesn't know when to hold her tongue. While she may come off as abrasive, the young woman typically has the best intentions behind her actions. She simply doesn't know how to soften her blows. That said, while more often than not the half-elf is vexingly forthright in recent months she's grown into quite the tall tale teller.

Despite not being the friendliest of individuals, or the most polite, Eirlys is loyal to her friends. Most would be hard-pressed to find someone more devoted to the people they care for. Eirlys is willing to give up anything and risk even more if it meant saving someone she loves. Thankfully - for her health - those people are few and far between. Yet, even for those, she considers friends Eirlys will help them without question. She'll stand up for them and support their decisions through thick and thin. Even if it means facing down hell itself, just don't go to her if you want to be cheered up.

Backstory:

Goal: To rid her former master of the madness that consumed him by freeing the entity that drove him there. At the moment, that means researching ancient ruins, seeking out age-old artifacts, and hopefully stumbling upon information lost to history. After all, the entity is only so helpful, as despite repeated requests it can't seem to pinpoint where it is or what needs to be done to free it. So it is Eirlys who has decided to travel the land in search of ancient mysteries to solve in the hopes of getting back the person who gave her a chance at being something more than she ever thought possible.

Party Role: Eirlys is a walking encyclopedia, her time spent training under Merrick has given her a keen insight into most subjects. The young woman also has a knack for piecing together bits of information and solving puzzles. While her magic isn't as flashy or harm-inducing as some she can shut down foes, cut off parts of the battlefield, and prove just as useful out of combat as she does in.

TLDR; Battlefield control, and utility spell focus with heavy investment in INT-based skills.

Last edited by Sirius; Nov 3rd, 2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 02:06 AM
Dungeon Delver

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 775
Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k Lunawolf30k
Application for MorriganMorrigan Character Sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunawolf30k View Post
Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (5, 1)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 5)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 1)+6 Total = 8

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (3, 3)+6 Total = 12

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (1, 6)+6 Total = 13

Dice * Roll:
2d6+6 (5, 1)+6 Total = 12
Morrigns stat rolls
left-aligned image
Name: Morrigan Chulain
Race: Forest Gnome

Class: Barbarian (Path of the Beast)

Background: Outlander

Traits: I love animals and will often try to befriend any animals I come across in the wild.

I get lost in the wonder of the supernatural. Often to the distraction of everything else around me.

Appearance: Morrigan stands at 3'8", Her hair was brown until she saw the entity. Now it is white with a blue tint to it. She has a petite build.

Personality: Morrigan has a very bubbly personality. She's very happy go lucky. She often uses her bubbly personality to try to hide the fear and sadness in her heart.

Backstory: Morrigan was born and grew up on a farm in a small gnome village in the Almek Kingdom. One foggy morning out on the moors, Morrigan saw something in the distance. There was a glowing blue light silhouetting what appeared to be a female humanoid being. The only detail on the silhouette that Morrigan could see were the solid white eyes. Although she doesn't know what she saw, the young gnome believes the entity is a banshee, a spirit her people believe is an omen of death. Believing she is doomed, Morrigan decides she wants to make the time she has left matter. Not wanting her family to worry, she tells her family that she is going to enlist in an academy at the capital. She left home hoping to both learn more about the entity she saw and to do something good for the world. Then one night while sleeping in her small camp, she awoke to voices whispering nearby. Cultists had come searching for someone to sacrifice. The cultists had managed to capture Morrigan and took her to an old, decrepit church they converted into a temple to their dark lord. Although Morrigan was doomed, she felt like she couldn't go out like this. She needed her life to matter. She tried to fight back as best she could. Then everything went black for the young gnome. When she came to, the cultists had all been savagely beaten. Confused, frightened and alone, she decided the only thing she could do is continue travelling looking for answers and a purpose. Hungry and with no money, Morrigan soon finds herself in the frontier town of Kamelford.

Why do you want to be an adventurer? She wants to do something good with her life before she dies. She also unknowingly is trying to find a way where she can live a full, happy life.

How did you become your class? That's what she wants to find out.

Goal: To find out more about the entity she saw and more about herself. She wants to know why it showed itself to her and why she has these strange blackouts. Morrigan also wants to make a difference in peoples lives. She wants to leave a good legacy.

Party role: In combat, she is a front line fighter. Out of combat she is the nature/exploration expert.

What do you bring to the table? I've been playing 5e since it came out. Been playing on RPGCrossing for the past five or six years now. I like to be creative with my writing, often trying to include the other players. I love a character with conflict. Working through that conflict and becoming a hero are some of my favorite stories.

Last edited by Lunawolf30k; Nov 6th, 2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 03:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3125
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Tim salone
Timothy salone

right-aligned image

Race: v human
Class: ranger
Background: bounty hunter
Traits: I blow up at the slightest insult. I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Appearance: a human in leather armor. Brown eyes and hair. He has a simple pack with a hand crossbow and buckler. He is six foot tall with an athletic build.
Personality: friendly though rarely gives out personal information. Slow to trust and easy to anger. He is goal driven always seeking the better contract.
Backstory: growing up in iscalio you either become a criminal or stay just above. Timothy was the ladder always just escaping crime. The wealthy paid well for contracts if you read it write otherwise your screwed. Timothy worked the contracts and never stole from others in his kind. It was hard enough on your own. Bounty hunters respected this as a mutual benefit to each other. He honed his training and mastered the hand crossbow. When done right it was a powerful weapon. He took more difficult bounties until he learned of a frontier town offering work others were turning down. It was a great opportunity and he wasn't about to let it pass him up.
Goal: I want to be an adventurer. In the same vein he wants to be the best bounty hunter who ever lived. Taking down high political assassin's, hunting down dragons who won't leave a town alone. Rounding up goblins causing havoc.
Party role: I specialize in hunting down bounties. You got something needing to be found I'm your guy. I can shoot the tail feathers of a pigeon in flight want to watch?

Last edited by delpinator; Nov 2nd, 2021 at 03:34 AM.