DnD5e I want to be an Adventurer - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 06:35 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6074
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
What can I say. Apparently, I am an influencer.

Last edited by kanly; Nov 3rd, 2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
What can I say. Apparently, I am an influencer.
Yes, you are! Wait, are you influencing me now? Did I agree of my own free will?
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 11:27 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2034
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Havik View Post
Hmm Alright then, are you using the standard gods, have your won gods, or are we allowed to use any gods form any of the settings, as long as they make sense. I'm thinking on making a Grave Cleric to the Raven Queen, but do also have a few other concepts floating around in my head.

Speaking of those character concepts, do you allow the subclasses found in the Wildemount book? It's fine if not just need to know what my options here are.

Still need an answer to this inquiry so I know what I'm making please.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Don't know how I missed this question. Each nation has its own religious beliefs but you are welcome to use whatever god you like and i will add them into the game. I don't have the wildemount book so I'm going to say no.

Northgard worships the Viking gods, almek worships the Greek, esgarn worships devils, cearleon worships the dnd gods, iscalio treat dryst like a god, think north Korea, and leon worship a single female god similar to catholosism
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Thanks, know someone else was wondering about That book so that should settle their question hopefully. I'll get to making the character here soon then. Thank you.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 12:35 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Dam. did it again went all out on a ch I may never play...😡
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 12:42 AM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
It's fine, I'm setting on an Idea for a Warforged Echo Knight myself some day. But I generally come in with at least two or more concepts in mind.
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 12:53 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
I have several unused chs and deleted 3
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 04:41 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
yikes, only a couple days and already this many applications. i might end up running three groups. lord give me strength
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
Only do what you know you will be comfortable with. I would be MUCH happier to not get into a game because there were better/more fitting applications than be in one for two months before the GM calls it because they are burning out.

Happy GMs make for good games.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 12:27 AM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Grave Cleric
right-aligned image

Name: Areon Mortimer
Race: Human
Class: Grave Celric (Deity: Raven Queen)
Background: Acolyte
Traits:
Personality Traits:I can find common⁠ ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace. I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.

Ideals: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my godís favor by matching my Actions against his or her teachings.

Bond: I owe my life to the prie⁠st who took me in when my parents died.

Flaw: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my templeís Hierarchy.

Appearance:Areon, despite being a rather young man, has silver locks of hair that tends to come down to his neck. He has green eyes and an average if somewhat fair face. He often wears a black cloak about his body and over his armor and priestly vestments. This cloak has white etched designs that tend to be in the shape of feathers, and the hood has a design meant to resemble a Raven's outline on it as well. Around his neck is a neckless made to look like a feminine porcelain mask surrounded by raven feathers.

Personality: Preists of the Raven Queen are known to have somber grim personalities. Atleast that is the known stereotype for those whose realms of worship are the death and passing of others. Areon acts quite the contrary to this perception. While by no means a partyer or Rowdy, Areon can be quite light hearted when conversing lightly with friends and allies. In his view, a tenet of worshiping the Queen of Raven's is to live a life free of, or with minimal regrets that would tie a soul to this plane after it's time. So he makes sure to spend a good amount of his free time in good company of others.

Still this aspect of the cleric isn't to say he is without his more serious and dutiful side. He dose take his duties to seeing to the dead quite seriously. He has, as many of his profession and aversion to the undead. To him, returning souls to the proper order is one of his strongest callings. Though merciless to the lesser of the undead and finding the willful undead rather revolting such as Liches and Vampires addicted to their "Immortality", He is not without compassion. Sometimes a ghost can be helped, their souls healed and then returned to the proper order of the cycle of death.

Like most of his faith, Areon has a more nuanced outlook on life, particularly it's ending. Death itself is not genuinely something to frighten him, though for sure he would prefer a more peaceful end for himself so he's not one to rush into utter doom without good cause. To him death is but another state to life itself and the passing of mortals is no different that the passing of the flora at the cold winds of winter, whose deaths create the compost for life to spring anew. For himself death will mean the opportunity to serve more directly at the command of The Raven Queen and her domain of life's end.

Backstory: Aeron's life took a tragic turn at the age of eleven when a sickness swept over his home village. Watching friends and family slowly succumbing to the disease, Areon ended up alone and seemingly the last member of his family that would be taken by the illness. As he lay weak and dying, he saw the image of a tall woman dressed in black with a white porcelain mask upon her face. Reaching down the woman put her hand on the young Aeron's head and began to chant. In the blink of his eyes, the woman had vanished. It was man quite a few years older than his father had been, that had their hand on the young Aeron's head. The man was a Cleric who along with priests had come to offer their aid to the small village. Divine magics cured the young boy of his ailment but he would be only one of a handful of survivors, none of his family survived outside of himself.

The Cleric of the Raven Queen, took in the young Areon believing the vision the boy told him of, would surly be a sign of the Queen's favor. Young Areon was thrust into a new world of being an acolyte and priest in training. He would grow accustomed to funeral rites, and tending to the final resting of the deceased. A few years ago Areon, now a man, would begin to show the latent abilities of a Cleric able to be granted devine powers for the Queen of Death and Winter.

After a dew years of training and practice of his new gifts, Areon set out on a pilgrimage of self-discovery and find out what the will of his goddess had instore for him.

Goal: The goals for this character are to find ways to serve his Goddess. However outside of such a broad goal, he will seek to maintain halloysites to the Raven Queen, as well as battle the forces of the undead wherever they may threaten the living. And out side of that try and help out his fellow mortals as best he can.

Party role: Healing for one, it's much harder to die when a Grave Cleric is about. Devine spells are another. But one of the strongest abilities will be some of my debuffs in particular and yes it's a ways off the ability one day to cancel any crit of my choosing at level 6 a limited range and times a day. This will not be the first time I was a Grave Cleric and I'm fine being a healer or bring the wrath of god(dess) down as is needed.
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I think I have a complete application.

Review please?
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3803
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky

Name: Sal Wayfinder (Rolls)
Race: Tifling
Class: Bard
Background: Criminal
Personality Traits: The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable - or where such things could be hidden.
I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideal: I don't steal from others in the trade.

Bond: My ill-gotten gains go to support my family.

Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.
Appearance:
Sal is not a narcissist, but he does like to to keep himself well groomed, clean, and respectfully clothed. He has only a few gaudy trinkets that adorn his neck, giving him a look that doesn't scream street urchin, but also doesn't strike others as wealthy. He is a fairly thin man for his height with clothing that tends to be a more billowy to hide his form.

Personality:
Boisterous, lively, pleasant and respectful are some of the ways he has been described. People are drawn to his performances, but quickly forget who he was. Secretly, he is far more nefarious, devious and sneaky. Being the center of attention is only a ruse that allows him to gather information, allow others to sneak past guards, or pick pocket valuables.

Backstory:
Sal came from a low class family, barely able to put food on the table once a day. Life was tough in Iscalio, even those who kept their heads down and minded their own business were not free from the tyranny of Dryst and his corrupt court. His parents did everything they could, taking any job possible for any scrap of food or copper they could get. Taxes were impossibly high, called for at random, and none of the money was ever used to better the communities.

Childhood for the young tiefling was hard, he spent most of his time helping his parents trying to make money to support the rest of the family. It was not something a child should have ever had to do, but he did it anyway, hoping that his younger siblings wouldn't have to. On his eighth birthday, his parents surprised him with a present. It was wrapped in greasy paper, probably scavenged from the trash, and had a simple dark green ribbon, taken from his mothers dress, tied around it. He carefully removed the ribbon and tried to give it back to his mother, but she shook her head and told him to keep it to always remember her by.

Sal gently unwrapped the gift to reveal a small, silver flute that had belonged to his grandmother. He remembered hearing her play it only a few times, but the melody she played was something he would never forget; a happy tune, bouncy and bubbly, like a bee flying from flower to flower. Then the song changed to a dark and mysterious tone before it's final key change to become victorious and bold. He was determined to learn to play the same song, and so many more, to make life better for everyone who heard him play.

Several years later, the worst thing he could imagine happened; his parents were jailed and forced to work in a labor camp for Dryst while his brothers and sisters were sold as slaves. Sal was not strong enough for the labor camps and was too old to be a mindless slave, so he was just cast to the streets to fend for himself. Before they did, they took his second dearest treasure and callously threw it into the back of a wagon saying they would be back for the rest of the taxes in a week.

The poor tiefling had lost everything in an instant. Feeling hopeless, lost, scared and angry, something stirred within him. It was an energy he had never felt before, yet it was somehow familiar. It wrapped him in a soothing embrace, keeping him warm, calming his emotions. He didn't realize it, but he sang himself to sleep that night with the melody his grandmother always played. The next morning, he had made up his mind; he was going to rescue his parents and his siblings no matter what it took. He would see that they moved away from Iscalio and started a better life. If fate allowed it, he would even try to bring Dryst to his knees.

Goal:
To reunite his family far away from Iscalio, no matter the cost. And to get his grandmother's flute back.

Party role:
Buffing, some rogue work (sneaking, picking locks, gathering information), party's face if needed.

Last edited by ManicMonky; Nov 6th, 2021 at 12:08 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 249
silveroak silveroak silveroak
From the front page it looks like 16 applications, which could be three groups if everyone is accepted. I'll admit to being a bit nervous, I had originally considered an artificer but went with druid because we already had an artificer applicant- then two more people went with druids and nobody else chose an artificer...
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
@Silveroak
We still have 5 days before the deadline. I say remake the character as an artificer.
Applying with multiple characters without prior GM approval is normally frowned upon, but switching which character you are applying with before the deadline is perfectly acceptable. No decisions have been made yet and you aren't giving yourself any more chances than anyone else gets. I always say go with what you think will be more fun to play (after all that is what we are here for). It is up to the GM to worry (or not) about game balance and the like.

Last edited by kanly; Nov 10th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.