RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 11th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2348
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Language can develop pretty fast, especially in isolated groups. So, I don't see that as a major obstacle, other than the communication barrier it creates. As far as a race developing in however-long we are after the apocalypse, I think you're description as a mutant kind of points to something effecting your character's people that could have accelerated changes - like exposure to radiation or chemicals. Maybe their nomadic ways are in part because they seek out places that are actually hazardous for some kind of... religious significance (or something similar).

Just pitching ideas.
I was thinking more of a ' new native american tribes in the post-apocalypse' more than 'rad-junkies looking for uranium in the wastelands' (also, wouldn't want to cause horrific mutations in the rest of the party), I saw my idea as plausible in a "[..] world has slowly recovered over a long period of time from an apocalypse that caused the world's dominant species to go nearly extinct; The only evidence of this previous era [..]" but I can't see a shamanistic culture springing out from nowhere in a couple of years.

But hey, this might be a moot point for now since I might not get in the game.

Edit: and if at later times I'll have to change my pc backstory to fit a different timeline, I do have a cool picture for 'rad-fueled berserker'

Last edited by Ursinorum; Nov 11th, 2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 597
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
i think Roland would know the mutant grunt language, (or at least the combat/trade bits) from extensive hunting experience on the surface of the planet
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 03:54 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1070
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Eudora Valentine
High Concept: Flighty Roguish Airship Pirate

Trouble: Eudora's flighty nature causes her to lose friends about as quickly as she makes them. There are a string of past lovers and business partners that would just love to know where exactly she's stowed their money or their hearts... sometimes both.

Description: Trim and athletic but otherwise somewhat average of appearance, Eudora's draw comes more from her flirtatious smirks than from her looks. She has burn scars on the right side of her body from her hip to her neck from an airship crash she was in. She dresses in a flamboyantly embroidered coat and captain's hat.

Backstory:Like many small-village girls, Eudora had dreams of flying. Though she often helped her parents with household tasks, her head was always in the clouds, thinking of grand adventures. Her opportunity came with a young man, an "adventurer" (pirate) who was flying about in his own airship. He taught her how to wield a rapier, how to run a ship, how to identify an easy target, and most of all never to trust anyone but yourself. This point he hammered home by leaving her to take the fall for a heist he committed, landing her in prison for a number of years. Since her release, Eudora has been choosing her own adventures, often making more problems for herself than profit.

Last edited by morgantha; Nov 15th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
i think Roland would know the mutant grunt language, (or at least the combat/trade bits) from extensive hunting experience on the surface of the planet
I was thinking it would have been a cool thing for the MC to be the only one in the party to get Soot, but maybe if you have enough Lore we work it out
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
how much lore we talking here?
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Cid Blackwood

High Concept: Disgraced Engineer

Trouble: My brand marks me as a deserter and I can never escape that reputation.

Description: Generically handsome and with oily black hair, Cid's features are dominated by a large scar in the shape of a "D" below his right eye. His face and hands are usually peppered in dark smudges from oil and grease. His heavy black flight suit is covered in pouches and belts to hold any number of tools. Being more stumpy than an average man, he makes up for it by being a bit chubby around the waist.
A soft-spoken man, Cid isn't one to interject or argue. Instead he is happy to wait patiently while conversation happens until he is acknowledged and given the opportunity to speak. However while not vocal Cid's body language does quite a bit of talking. From exasperated sighs to enthusiastic waving and broad smiling. Its often very easy to read his emotions in just the way he carries himself.

Backstory:Raised by a single mother and her glorious tales of his late airship captain father, Cid spent a large part of his young life looking wistfully at the airfield. But as he grew older he became more interested on how they worked rather than coveting the freedom of sailing across the sky. By puberty he was able to convince a couple engineers to let him watch and help. When his mother succumbed to sickness he threw himself into the work and before he knew it he was being hired onto the prestigious Cleopatra.

But it turned out to be too prestigious. They were hounded by pirates constantly. Less than two years after boarding A particularly nasty pirate encounter left the Cleopatra badly damage and on the run. But the engines couldn't take it. Cid told the captain that pushing the engines any farther would cause a catastrophic failure but he was ignored and silenced. Left with little other option Cid abandoned ship. What he hadn't predicted was that the resulting explosion did less damage to the Cleopatra than it did to the pursuing pitares. The Captain had Cid captured and for deserting his post he was branded as a deserter. Upon trying to retun to normal society he found himself unwelcome and distrusted. So now he works for the only people that will even speak to him. Pirates.
Brand Real world example: https://collection.sciencemuseumgrou...-branding-tool

Last edited by fancyjellyfish; Nov 18th, 2021 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling/ context
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 02:20 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
branded. funsies
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 05:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
how much lore we talking here?
Sorry, I was sure I replied.

I dunno, maybe a +3 and a phase trio bit? The GM will surely be more specific

Old Nov 20th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
no worries
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 01:39 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
how is it going rune knight?
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 01:46 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1082
Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight
Announcement incoming later today.
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 01:59 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
yay! looking forward to it
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 04:03 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1082
Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight Rune Knight
The people who have been accepted into the game are as follows:
  • Hotshot Iasgun - Roland
  • morgantha - Eudora Valentine
  • fancyjellyfish - Cid Blackwood

Additionally, I've seen a GM from another game offer a position to other players "on the bench" just in case there is attrition, so I would like to do the same. To those listed below here, understand that accepting a position on the bench does not guarantee you a place in the game anytime soon or possibly even ever; while any of you would be the first people I go to if someone has to drop out, please try not to expect anything - as a wise man once said, "Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed".
  • girlplay - Olivia Seifert
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 04:35 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
FYI it’s Lasgun, like the imperial guard weapon in warhammer 40k

Also, I’m glad to be in!

here is my updated picture
www.brianmoncusart.com/product/the-gunslinger

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 22nd, 2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 04:39 PM
Master of Revels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish fancyjellyfish
I'm excited to play my part.