DnD5e Dragons of the Dark Void - The Rise of Takhisis - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 6 3 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2021, 12:22 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
right-aligned image

Name: Galahad
Race: Human (Solamnic)
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Soldier
Specialty: Front Line Fighter
Personality Traits:
  • You are slow to anger but can be merciless and relentless once a situation has escalated to violence.
  • You speak in a very proper, formal manner and always address everyone with their full name and title as befits their station.
Ideal:
  • Honor: My word is my reputation and I will always honor it.
Bond:
  • I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw:
  • You are very vain and work hard to make sure that your armor is polished, your hair is perfectly coifed and your appearance is meticulously without flaw.

Appearance: A strong, athletic young man Galahad is tall and broad. He has thick black hair cut very short and has a cropped beard.

Personality: Like most Solamnics, Galahad considers himself a man of honor and integrity. As a devout follower of Kiri-Jolith, the tenets he lives by are:
  • Honesty. Don't lie or cheat. Let your word be your promise.
  • Courage. Never fear to act, though caution is wise.
  • Compassion. Aid others, protect the weak, and punish those who threaten them. Show mercy to your foes, but temper it with wisdom.
  • Honor. Treat others with fairness, and let your honorable deeds be an example to them. Do as much good as possible while causing the least amount of harm.
  • Duty. Be responsible for your actions and their consequences, protect those entrusted to your care, and obey those who have just authority over you.

Backstory: Galahad is a human fighter who up until a few months ago was part of his militia in Hartford. Brought up as an orphan by the town elders the young man had proved himself skillful with weapons and shields. A natural athlete he excelled in athletics and martial pursuits. A pious youth Galahad was enamored of the tales of Kiri-Jolith, Paladine, and Habbukuk and the forging of the Knights of Solamnia. Spending his days between the training grounds, the elders, and the Shrine; Galahad's time passed quickly and he learned much.

Recently word has spread of the Dark Knights of Neraka tearing a path through Ansalon and destroying all who would stand in their way. Wishing to prove himself as a worthy candidate for the Knights of the Sword, Galahad saw this as an opportunity to finally prove himself as more than just another soldier.

RP Sample: Galahad barely recognized his own home village. All around him, buildings were burning and smoke filled the sky. The smell of blood, sweat, dirt and soot permeated the air. The young soldier gripped his longsword tight in one hand and shield in the other, and moved in a defensive stationary circle. A breeze blew through and cleared just enough smoke for him to see Elder Maxson, the man most responsible for his upbringing, dead on the ground. A look of horror was etched in the Elder's face and blood covered his torso. The sound of hoof beats rang out like thunder and it was clear that they were getting closer. Straining to see the coming threat, a dark silhouette of a man upon a horse appeared about fifteen feet away and closing fast. Whispering a prayer, Galahad raised his shield and drew back his sword to launch an attack. The hoofbeats grew louder and, in response, so did his prayers. Suddenly, his prayers seemingly answered, Holy Nimbusradiant light burst out in a circle around him. As the light spread, the shadowy figure and the horse that it rode both seemed to burst into shadowy vapor, disappearing among the smoke.

Jolting up from his bed of hay, Galahad was confused, frightened, and pouring with sweat. Looking around in confusion, he realized that he was still in the relative safety of Hartford. He had, yet again, fallen asleep in the barn while meditating. He had always found the horses to be relaxing but that sometimes meant getting a bit too relaxed after a hard day of work and training. Lately, the militia had been training harder than ever. Rumors of the Dark Knights of Temora destroying villages, just like theirs, were spreading fast and the small force did not want to be caught unprepared. That meant waking up early for physical fitness training, followed by a quick breakfast, then going out on patrol (or manning a tower) until late in the afternoon and then doing drills for a few hours after dinner. Between that and trying to find time to worship at the temple, he was exhausted more often than not. Still, this nightmare was new. It felt so real... It looked and smelled real! Somehow, Galahad knew that it was a sign from Kiri-Jolith. This was the day, no more waiting for the threat to come to his doorstep. It was time to seek out the darkness and destroy it with holy light...

Last edited by Treble83; Nov 17th, 2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 02:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6837
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Dragonlance - exciting! Consider me interested. App complete!

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Brother Samiel of the Order of Majere Monastery
Race: Human (Solamnian)
Class: Monk (progressing to Open Hand)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Soldier

Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster, and strive to control my emotions lest they control me. I am highly disciplined and enjoy a good philosophical discussion - even when the other person doesn't know they are getting dragged into one.
Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw: I have committed terrible crimes in the past, and will never forgive myself for them.

Appearance:
Samiel is a burly, bronzed man of average height wearing the red robes of the Majere faithful. With his gleaming bald head and his flawless good looks, he is statuesque in appearance, standing with the ramrod poise and confidence of one who does not seem to fear anything. When he speaks, his voice is deep but soft, and he speaks slowly as if ensuring he is formulating his every word carefully. His feet are clad in sandals, and he wears a satchel over his shoulder.

Personality:
Highly disciplined and composed, Samiel is a confident introvert who seeks to become the best version of himself that he can be. He takes joy in hard work and tough training, and despite any hardship he never complains but rather is usually the one to try to brighten the spirits of others. He prefers peace and interesting conversation, as well as a good cup of tea, but from his past he knows that sometimes a man must take action to defend others who cannot protect themselves. Although often a last resort, when Samiel does choose to fight he is a fierce and skilled combatant willing to lay down his life for those in need. Though tolerant and quick to forgive others, Samiel is extremely harsh and critical on himself at times, expecting nothing less than his very best at all times.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 16th, 2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 07:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8286
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Well I see Treble83 ran with the Solamnic Knight idea so will try and think of something else.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Well I see Treble83 ran with the Solamnic Knight idea so will try and think of something else.
Sorry, didn't see your post. Just a huge fan of Dragonlance and inspired by Sturm Brightblade. There's always room for more than one Knight, or wannabe Knight in Galahad's case.

Last edited by Treble83; Nov 16th, 2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
No worries Treble, I think I might try going a different direction and do a Knight of the Lily or Thorn reformed of course.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: Theren Galanodel
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Sage
Specialty: A little battlefield control as well as some buffs, and battle spells.
Personality Traits:
  • I've read every book in the world’s greatest libraries—or I like to boast that I have.
  • There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal:
  • Knowledge: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond:
  • My life’s work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
Flaw:
  • Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Appearance: Theren is five feet and ten inches tall with a very slender build even for one of his kind. He typically wears a set of blue robes with golden accents. He wears his silver hair unbound and as such it frames his fine features on his face, and his brilliant emerald green eyes. IN his hand whenever he travels is his simple quarterstaff adorned with a simple blue crystal ball in its top.

Personality: Theren is not what most would consider outgoing around others unless of course the room is filled with scholars and sages or at the very least other wizards. Having grown up in the Great Elven libraries he feels more at home around books than people. Still his few friends he would do anything to help, and he is a loyal and determined friend, willing to do all in his power to help them.

Backstory: Thelen spent the majority of his life within the confines of the Great Library. It was discovered at a very early age that he had an apt mind, and a thirst for knowledge unrivaled by his peers. So when he was invited to move into the library to work as an apprentice Sage, he leapt at the opportunity, even though it meant being away from his friends in family.

It was difficult being away from his family at first, but within a few weeks he immersed himself in his studies and while he missed his family his thirst for knowledge was greater than his need to see them regularly. As time went by the time between visits growing more and more distant. As the years passed he grew stronger of mind but his body suffered from the lack of physical activity leaving him frailer than most.

When he came of age it was determined that his learning within the library was complete, there were certainly books left to be read, but his desire to continue the study of magic, had grown over the years. His master seeing this in his apprentice, made the decision that he needed to leave the safety of the library and make his way in the world to prepare for the day he would be tested at the Tower of High Sorcery. So it was that he was sent out into the world to expand his knowledge and prepare for the time when it was his turn to test.

RP Sample:

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 16th, 2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1781
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
@Chaucer

Application Completed. Let me know if you have any feedback/changes I need to make.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4120
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Well, since everyone else is saying their applications are completed I guess I will too? I'm a little surprised that I'm the only Wiz/Sorc at the moment...
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11208
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
Well, since everyone else is saying their applications are completed I guess I will too? I'm a little surprised that I'm the only Wiz/Sorc at the moment...
Me too! It was a tossup for me but I expected half the apps to be wizards so I went the other direction.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2133
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
I did the same thing. I might have to change things up. There are a lot of fighters. I was most likely going either thief or arcane trickster.

Last edited by Cheshire; Nov 16th, 2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
I was actually toying with the idea of a Wild Magic Sorcerer... would make for an interesting Test of High Sorcery. But I chickened out.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6520
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
I was originally planing on making a necromancer, but i have an urge to play my smack talking ranger
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
That will be a definite distinction between your ranger and mine.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Cybergothic Celestial

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15391
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
I did the same thing. I might have to change things up. There are a lot of fighters. I was most likely going either thief or arcane trickster.
Good! I like lots of fighters.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So many fighters so revamping my Character to go Wizard.