DnD5e Dragons of the Dark Void - The Rise of Takhisis - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
I believe that Rethean Redfeather is complete.

Also can I just bemoan the absolute lack of Kender art that isn't Tasslehoff. Google has failed me this day
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2051
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
@Chaucer

Application is done, let me know if I need to add or change anything.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 11:41 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
Name: Damon Darkstone
Race: Dwarf (Mounain)
Class: Cleric of Reorx (Knowledge Domain)
Alignment: NG

Background: Acolyte

Personality Traits: I idolize a particular hero of my faith and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example

Ideal: (Faith) I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go my way.

Bond: I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.

Flaw: I am inflexible in my thinking.

Appearance (include picture): Bernhard stands at about 5 feet tall and has red hair and green eyes with some gold specks in them. He wears chain mail armor and carries a warhammer and a shield with a forging hammer on it (the symbol of Reorx). He wears black pants with a white shirt and carries a backpack.

Personality: Damon is stubborn as most dwarves are he cares deeply for his family and friends but hides this behind a gruff exterior. He is found of strong drink and gambling.

Backstory: Damon grew up in Thorbardin to a family of four. His father Thurmick is a blacksmith of some small renown and his mother Borhoda is a priestess of Reorx. Dougan's brother Dhuznuck followed in their fathers footsteps and became a blacksmith. Dougan learned the skill of blacksmithing from his father but was always more drawn to his mothers calling as a follower of Reorx. It was one day while in the temple of Reox, that Damon heard a voice call out to him from near the alter. As Damon headed over he saw a dwarf with a luxuriant black beard, long curly hair, wearing only the finest and most flamboyant clothes - but travel-stained - with bright colors and buttons of gold. This dwarfs shirt was ruffled, and he was wearing a hat with a red plume on top. Damon immediately knew who this strangely dresses dwarf was even before said dwarf introduced himself as Dougan Redhammer, the avatar of Reorx himself. Damon was instructed to go out into the world as one of Reorx’s chosen to help prevent an unspeakable evil from returning to the world.

RP Sample: After receiving the quest from Reorx himself, Damon quickly ran to his parents house to tell them the news. Being of good dwarven stock and following the teachings of Reorx neither of Damon’s parents paused at this news. Damon’s father simply stated “Good it’s about time that you left my roof to make a name for yourself I just figured you would become a priest and live out your life here in Thorbardin. I do have a gift for you before you head out on this grand adventure whatever it might lead you to.” With that Damon’s father moved into his blacksmith shop and came out with a set of smiths tools. His mother hugged her son stating “I knew from the moment you were born that you were destined for great things. I had your father prepare this special item for you on that day, knowing that one day you would need it.” Leaving the room and coming back a few moments later, Damon’s mother presented him with the Warhammer Damon now carries. Stating “It was blessed by the fires of Reorx and I know that it will protect you.” Both of Damon’s parents hugged him and wished him well as Damon headed out to fulfill his destiny whatever that might be.

Last edited by keylan; Nov 17th, 2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Add info
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 01:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8147
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi

Name: Max Chrysanthemum (Mayhem)
Race: Kender
Class: Sorcerer, Wild Magic
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Guild Artisan
Personality Traits: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick, I don’t part with my money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best deal possible.
Ideal: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood. (Chaotic)
Bond: I created a great work for someone, and then found them unworthy to receive it. I’m still looking for someone worthy.
Flaw: No one must ever learn that I once stole money from guild coffers.

Appearance:
right-aligned image

Pale and slender with the delicate cheekbones and lush topknot characteristic of his race, Max has brilliant blue skin, the result of an unfortunate magical accident. He is still looking for a magic-user to help with that problem. He wears colorful, baggy clothing which satisfy his inner showman. He carries himself with a tall and straight bearing, being a proud craftsman. Although currently on forced vacation.

Personality: Max is loquacious and warm, although his smiles are a little unnerving, as if he is plotting to steal something (he probably is). He can’t understand why people get angry and start yelling when they catch him examining their stuff. He only takes things that are left lying around, although sometimes they are left lying around in their pockets. It’s only out of professional interest anyway, he’s always looking for new designs for his glassblowing. So it’s confusing people don’t feel honored by the attention. He’s a really good glassblower. He likes an audience while he is crafting, and has a bit of a performer’s flair.

Backstory: Shasta Chrysanthemum was caught in a thunderstorm in Qualinesti when labor came upon her. She lay down to rest beneath a stone outcrop, and lost consciousness. When she awakened, the storm was gone, and she was in a verdant, sunny forest with an imposing tower rising from the trees. Before the curious kender could wonder about this turn of events, her labor advanced and she gave birth to her child, whom she name Max Chrysanthemum. After nursing her babe, mother and child fell asleep, and when Shasta awoke, the tower was gone and the wood was back to normal. But the incident had left its mark on the infant kender. From the time that young Max could walk, the world around him would sometimes warp in unpredictable and even dangerous ways. As a young kender, he was drawn to the endless energy and fascinating activities of cities, and he ended up in Solace where he became an accomplished glassblower. Perhaps his innate magical tendencies enhanced his art, because "kenderglass" became much sought after, and he enjoyed creating his wares with a rapt audience watching the process. But as he was mingling with his customers, Max was caught pickpocketing a noble that turned out to be a Commander of the Watch, and had to go into hiding. Adopting the pseudonym "Max Mayhem," he eventually left Solace and stowed away in a boat that was headed to Solamnia.

RP Sample:
Max forced a half-hearted laugh at the portly mystic’s jest. "Ahaha. Feeling blue. That's a new one. I'll have to use it myself sometime." He took a breath and composed himself. "Look, I thought it was interesting at first myself! But it's gotten tiresome. I miss my old skin."

The human lowered his gold-rimmed reading spectacles and placed them on polished oaken desk. Then he folded his hands and peered at Max over the top of his fingertips, studying him quietly for a moment. "No offense meant, my good kender. But I'm going to have to disappoint you. There's nobody here who can remove a curse such as yours. If a curse it be. You may find help at the Citadel of Light. It's not back to its former glory, but there are some powerful mystics working on the restoration."

The novice sorcerer wilted and lowered his forehead into his hands. But then he brightened. "Schallsea isn't too far, if I can sto…buy passage to a ship going that way!"

The mystic nodded. "Good man. Er, kender. That's the spirit. Now where did I put those spectacles."
But as the human fumbled in his robes, Max was already skipping lightly out of the guildhall, idly tossing his interesting new trinket in the air so that the sun glinted on the twin lenses. " I'll return these after I figure out how to copy them," he promised to nobody in particular. The day hadn't been a complete loss after all.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Nov 17th, 2021 at 01:38 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 08:25 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Galahad is complete.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8286
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Updated Theren should be complete as well.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
Damon is also complete and ready for review.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2492
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Ready for Review
right-aligned image

Name: Ythur Hethphlet II
Race: Feat: War Caster, Skill: ArcanaVariant Human
Class: Draconc Blooodline: GoldSorcerer
Alignment: NG
Background: Noble
Personality Traits: 1. If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.
2. The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.
Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me. (Good)
Family. Blood runs thicker than water. (Any)
Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Flaw: I have trouble trusting others, especially if they know my family name.

----------

Appearance: Ythur stands at a tall 5'11", with well kept jet black hair; firey eyes and a well groomed beard he is the hybrid of raw power and blue blood. To any who look upon his body will notice patches of golden scales across his shoulders and pecks, with slight wrapping around his abdomen that cease before his navel. Most of the time Ythur will wear garb fitting his standing, always the latest fashion and the best he can find. Whilst being covered up keen eyed folk would note the hist of golden scales travelling down each his wrist too the webbed area between his thumb and index finger. Ythur has a slim but athletic build, further noting Ythur's desire to be looked upon as some hero or living legend.

Personality: Ythur's personality is purely dependent on the surroundings, being schooled from birth on how to operate among the upper echelon. This has given him the insight and capacity to tell half truths and spin words all the while scheming and making subtle threats when needed. However life as an adventurer has forced Ythur to learn how to approach and engage with common folk, not a menial task but an ongoing skill to develop. Thus Ythur ensures to know which is the person to speak with when considering security and logistic concerns as has been necessary back home for him.

He always considers all options and will take the advice of those with the knowledge he does not. However at times Ythur may decide to take turns in search of more power; the inevitable Test of High Sorcery has given him a need to equip himself with something to succeed with his life. When working with other Ythur prefers the task of leader or atleast spokesman for the group particularly when engaging with nobility. Ythur's name sake was due to his remarkable similarity in appearance to his grandfather Ythur I, some say from good heritage, others say it's due to the close relation form his parentage.

Backstory:

RP Sample: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Nov 18th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Additionally, could the Moon Magic have a Prerequisite Cha 15 for sorcerers ? Otherwise any like me might have a real thin spread of ability scores.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Nov 18th, 2021 at 05:47 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
My app is done, I'll clean up the grammar and what not today but the main points are there.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I think my application is complete:
Nakarro Silverwake the Sea Elf sailor.

I'll likely need some abilities and such on sea elf but they aren't much different from regular elves, I don't think.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Nov 18th, 2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1781
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post

I'll likely need some abilities and such on sea elf but they aren't much different from regular elves, I don't think.
Sea elves are in mordenkainen's tome of foes, p.62
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 08:17 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2481
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post

Original ad says PHB only.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 10:42 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Ah, well, poo...

I'll overhaul. Thanks Treble and Hillsy
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 06:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14016
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I've been mulling over a concept to apply for this game but I just can't decide what class it would be! I wonder if anyone can prod me in the right direction;

Character Concept
right-aligned image
Brother Spectus has a problem; as a devoted member of the Order of Aesthetics he is sworn to observe and record the goings-on in Krynn but not to intervene. This he has done his whole life, since he was inducted into the order as an infant. The problem is, he has watched people toil and suffer, persevere and triumph, fail, die, fall into despair - essentially every tribulation of life has passed in front of him, and he has found that he cares deeply about the people he watches. Well, not all of them, if he cared about all of them equally then perhaps this would not be such a problem, but it is the ones who may be deemed 'good' that he loves. The ones who are willing to sacrifice their own most treasured things, often their very lives, to help others. He watches them and he cannot help but admire them, even root for them!

At first he sought to purge this weakness and attempted to only watch the evil, the petty, the ones who he need not feel any affection for, but often times he found that these people were more misguided than anything else. He wanted to help them.

It began with small things; a coin left in the path of a destitute altruist, an anonymous clue for a frustrated investigator, but things had been starting to get out of hand recently and he had been offering aid more frequently and, worst of all, more openly. It could only be a matter of time before he had a reckoning with his own Order, and what would he do then?

So mechanically he'd be some kind of support character, which is fine so far. The problem is; how? Here's the options I have come up with so far...
  • Rogue (probably Arcane Trickster at level 3); a typical skill monkey mostly focusing on knowledge skills from his many years in the library and watching.
  • Wizard (probably Abjuration as I don't feel like Portent from Divination works for this character; he watches, he doesn't predict); This works okay except I don't think members of the order are mages.
  • Knowledge Cleric; although the armor and shield proficiencies would be wasted.
  • Lore Bard; works great as a support character but I really don't see him as having high Charisma, he's supposed to be a blend into the background type. I could flavor it as having him tell the histories that he collects but it just feels a bit off.
  • Monk would have been the obvious option but I don't feel like any of the subclasses really work for the concept, DnD monks tend to be action-focused rather than support.

What does anyone think?