Game Thread Good Morning - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Another Day
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 7400
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,256
Blessings All Around
left-aligned image


Wuzruz takes the hand of the small fuzzy orc very gently with a large smile splitting his scarred face. He is careful not to crush her hand and shakes it softly, and when he feels the blessing bestowed upon him, he bellows out some laughter before speaking in an amused tone; "Yes. Wuzruz is most understanding of your wish to speak in the common orc, so Wuzruz will oblige your request."

Wuzruz then places his other hand on top of hers gently, then closes his eyes, you can feel an energy building up in him as he speaks; "Wuzruz believes that it is only polite to offer a blessing from the great old ones since you offered Wuzruz a blessing from your small, insignificant god. May the ones that came before grant you insight on your incorrect choice of worship..."

With that, Wuzruz releases the buildup of energy DC17 fort save to resistinto your hand, letting it flow from him, up your arm, and throughout your body. There is no pain at first, but instead a brief feeling of euphoria before the weight of where this energy originates from is thrust upon you. For the briefest of moments you glimpse into the dark depths of oblivion and can feel the incomprehensible minds of feasting entities with the power to snuff out pantheons of gods with a thought, and shatter planes of existence with a sidelong glance. As soon as the weight of them is upon you, the feeling is gone just as quickly, and all you are left with is a deep and foreboding void, then pain. Only 9 damage, so it would be small damage throughout your body.The pain sears through your body; blood vessels burst, knots of muscles disappear entirely, tendons and ligaments wither into masses of dead cellular tissue, and bones are reduced to dust inside of you.

When Wuzruz is done, he nods to you, and you can feel the void inside of you now, where pieces of you once were. Wuzruz speaks as he stands up; "Wuzruz is pleased for you to receive the blessing of the ones that came before, they have granted you a glimpse at what they are, and taken their pound of flesh in return. When you have seen the error of your ways, and wish to convert from your god, Wuzruz will be here to bear witness to your transformation to the one, true, faith."

Then, without warning, a scream echoes across the camp area. Wuzruz's eyes widen at the attack, his drawings begin to fluctuate rapidly, and he spins around just as the first attack disappears, lifting his great axe up, ready to behead any foolish enough to attack him. But all he sees is an orc mother and orc child. Wuzruz looks to the right of them, then to the left of them. Then he looks behind them for an apparent invisible attacker. When he fails to find anything even remotely threatening, a confused look comes over his face, and his axe begins to spout random syllables at Wuzruz, who promptly looks at the orc mother and laughs, "Wuzruz believes that axe is absurd. Orc child and mother not dangerous to Wuzruz."

He then tosses his axe to the side, where it hits the ground and buries itself almost two feet into the earth from it's sharpness and massive weight. Wuzruz then drops down to his knees and his eyes grow wide while looking at the small, weak, and pathetic orc child with pity; "Wuzruz very much likes small child orcs. Your child is very weak and pathetic, Wuzruz can help. Wuzruz can train this small orc to be strong like Wuzruz!" He then beats his chest viciously in a show of strength to the young thing; "Wuzruz will feed you many meats and blood of fresh kills, and you will grow to be a big and strong orc, filled with rage and fury and grit! Wuzruz has raised many big, strong orcs! From pulling the orc from the womb to teaching the orc how to smash things and worship the great gods that came before, Wuzruz is a very good teacher and has made orc tribes strong!" His voice goes from booming to much more quiet as he accents his excitement with loudness. He then looks up at the mother, waiting for her response, fully expecting a flood of gratitude and praise for him to take such a weak and pathetic creature under his wing.



ooc



 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-02-2020
RPXP: 1647
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 1,128
Dr. Grimm
right-aligned image

"What in the nine hells..." Nathaniel
Dice will save:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
Dice will save:
1d20+7 (14)+7 Total = 21
twitches at the magical effect rolling off two of the other caravaneers, but otherwise does not show any response other than rising to his feet and touching his hand to his rapier.

"Ma'am." he says once the source has become clear. "I may understand your fitful rest, but there are others outside of this little area you could affect and they may not be so forgiving. I would advise caution when you could affect the entire caravan that way." he cautions, his tone understanding but firm. "I've taken great pains to avoid being lynched in my time, and I would be remiss if I allowed it to happen to anyone else."

OOC
Dice Fortune Will save:
1d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27

Last edited by Runetide; 02-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:47 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 20362
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,043
A Morning Maybe Not Quite like Any Other
right-aligned image

Rissi's curiosity was piqued when the orc said he would bestow a blessing on her as well. She felt the buildup of energy, and as it began to
Dice Fort1:
1d20+7sh17 (1)+7 Total = 8
Dice Fort2:
1d20+7sh17 (15)+7 Total = 22
creep up her arm, she could feel something strange about it. As the feeling spread throughout her body, she felt the strange euphoria, and then the threatening crushing pain of the void. Immediately, she focused her mind and pulsed her own energy to counteract the effects as much as possible, and thanks to Tsillah's blessing, she was successful in mitigating part of the damage. She could still feel a few tears in her muscles and skin, and a bit of blood began to seep through her robe. Sighing gently, Rissi pulsed a healing hex through her body, then waved her hand, whisking the blood away from her robes and depositing it onto the ground. "Ah, thank you, Wuzruz. That was... enlightening. The great old ones must truly be powerful."

In truth, the experience was testing the limits of Rissi's patience, both for the wasted healing and loss of fortune should something truly important happen today, but she found the ride on Sterope's back helped calm her. The griffon climbed several hundred feet in the air, stretching her powerful wings and getting the blood pumping while the two looked around. Not seeing anything of particular note, they spiraled back down toward the ground. Sterope knew the drill and pulled up just under thirty feet above the ground, then slowly glided and circled the Khan and nearby town. There wasn't a tremendous number of people present, but there were enough to keep Rissi busy for a solid ten minutes, passing out blessings and waving to those who took interest in the sight of the robed Griffon passing overhead. When she finished, she directed Sterope back to the camp. Normally the griffon would land a bit away from others, due to the risk of stirring up dust and debris, but she apparently felt a bit frisky this morning and landed exuberantly, no more than fifteen feet from the fire pit. "Oh? What's got you in such a mood girl?" Rissi asked as she climbed down from the saddle. Sterope chirped twice and flapped her wings energetically. "Okay, okay, I get it. Knock yourself out girl." Sterope bobbed her head and broke out into a trot, then leapt into the air again to get some more exercise.

The ratfolk chuckled and turned to face the others. "Sorry about her, she's just been a bit cramped lately." Rissi walked up to Trever and held out a hand. "We haven't been introduced yet. That wild one was Sterope, and I'm Rissi. It's a pleasure to meet you." After passing along the usual favors, she then moved on to Veronica. "And you as well. Is this your daughter?" she asked, peering at the girl cradled in her mother's arms.


 


 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-11-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:09 PM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-07-2019
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 4,952
"Blasted people up and talking already, what is this; social hour? For all that is good in the world, what is wrong with these people?" Trever grumbled in his head, trying to focus on falling back to sleep. That all changed when an ear piercing shriek filled the air, and in just a moment the young sailor was on his feet. Panic filled two will saves, pretty pointless:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16
his mind as waves of unimaginable horrors over took his thoughts of trying to go back to sleep.

Out of sheer panic, Trever gave a high pitched scream of fear before running towards the nearest wagon and diving acrobatics check
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (8)+11 Total = 19
head long into the back of it. With rear end stuck up into the air, Trever buried his face as deep into the contents of the wagon as he could getting his ears as far from that awful sound as possible.

Once it stopped a wave of embarrassment replaced the fear, and Trever crawled out of the wagon holding a bent spoon in his hand and mumbled loudly so those near by could hear "Ah, here it is! I'll need this". With his honor at least in his mindproperly restore, Trever returned to his belongings and methodically began to dress.

"Hmm, should I wear the blue shirt under my armor, or the orange one?" Trever pondered before choosing the blue garment and putting it on. Once fully dressed and geared up, Trever retrieved a see pic belowtrail ration from his bag and began to eat, the spoon discarded and forgotten some feet away.

When footsteps approached, Trever looked up from his meal and smiled. "Ah a lady! Of course she would want to talk to me!" Trever cooed to himself, his thoughts clearly displayed on his face. "It is all my pleasure to meet you, my dear, I am Trever Vonwilliamsail; pirate hunter extraordinaire. Perhaps you have heard of me? " Trever replied, sweeping Rissi's hand up into both his own and brushing the back of her hand gently with his lips. Just as he finished with his normal 'greeting' a rush of warmth shot down his spine, causing his arms and legs to tingle "I think I am in love" Trever concluded from the strange and unexpected sensation.

However before he could say anymore, Rissi had slipped away in his moment of distraction "Drats! She has escaped! No matter, none can escape me for long!" Trever reassured himself, before giving chase in a playful tip toe type of way. Trever did not make it even half way to Rissi and Veronica before a large Orc filled his vision. Stopping dead in his tracks Trever paused "Uhh, Hi there big fellow.....I am friendly....nice fellow...." Trever mumbled, slowly moving forward Trever held out the remains of his meager breakfast wrapped in a orange and black checkered handkerchief. "You hungry big guy? I bet you are." Trever said slowly, as if talking to a small child.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailration.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	79190  
__________________
What is going on with Master of Monster? Find out in my Monster Den
DM of Forgotten Realms Chronicles and Keep on the Shadowfell

Last edited by Master of Monsters; 02-11-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:18 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 20362
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,043
A Morning Maybe Not Quite like Any Other
right-aligned image

Rissi turned back toward Trever after introducing herself to Veronica and was slightly worried to see him offering food to Wuzruz. It was entirely possible that the orc would take the food as an offering and feel obligated to return the favor, which was something she didn't want to see. Stepping back over, she grabbed the food and passed it to the orc. "Hello again Wuzruz. Now, forgive me Trever, I didn't mean to be so rude. Indeed, I have heard tell of you, although tales are often exaggerated. Tell me though, is it true you were the one who brought Captain Jarrett 'Whale-Eye' Bartram to justice? I heard it was an epic battle, ending with a duel to the death on a boarding plank set between the two ships, yet you spared his life after besting him. Oh, I've always loved that Bluff: Take 10 for 37story."


 


 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-12-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:16 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 7400
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,256
Blessings All Around
left-aligned image


Wuzruz is mostly distracted by the incessant chatter of the other heretics around him as he fawns over the adorable miniature orc that he is seeking to take as a protege. Then, out of nowhere, some cloth with orange on it was shoved into his face, not only interrupting his plan, but threatening his plans by it's very existence!

Wuzruz's eyes grow huge at the sight of the orange cloth, and then his arm flashes out like lightning, a sickly blue glow emanating from his palm as it comes in contact with the food, the raw energy of oblivion burning through the food and cloth, leaving only the smallest traces of dust in their wake. With that, the cloth and the food within was no more, ceasing to exist in any tangible way.

He then slowly turns to look at the two who handed it to him, before speaking slowly, a simmering rage just beneath the surface of his words; "Wuzruz wishes you to know, small, furry orc, and dumb fancy orc, that the color you held before you is an affront to the gods that came before, and must be purged from all existence. If you find more, bring it to Wuzruz and Wuzruz will properly dispose of it, but he does not like being surprised by the unholy color of the great destroyer..."

He then promptly forgets about the entire thing, as the small orc child draws his attention once more, and he refocuses on her, his huge smile returning.



ooc



 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-12-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:18 PM
LeoByron's Avatar
LeoByron LeoByron is offline
Ghost
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-12-2020
RPXP: 20817
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Posts: 4,085
A Rude Awakening
left-aligned image
The Orc's name was Wuzruz. How did she know this? Veronica remembered then that she had tasted the thoughts of those around her the previous evening and this one's moniker had leaped out at her and she had grasped it from the thoughtscape and stored it for future use. Now, the lumbering giant advanced towards her and Veronica tensed, feeling her thoughts coalesce as she tapped into her inner forces to defend herself and Vivian. Vivian, however, leaped from her Mama's arms and floated gently onto the floor and squeeled in delight as the large orc man came to them. She twirled once and allowed her pretty black cloak to dance around her once and Wuzruz saw, as he approached, that Vivian's face was melting, undulating in a grotesque mask which mirrored the depths of his own inner madness. By the time he reached her, however, she was just a normal little girl with pretty dark eyes, black lipstick, a sweet button nose and long black hair like her mommy.

When the Orc spoke of teaching orc children, Vivian looked confused for a moment.

"Child orcs? Mr Wuzruz, do you think Vivian is an orc? Mama, Wuzruz thinks I am an orc child! Hi hi hi!"

As Wuzruz spoke of meats and blood and smashing and worshiping, Vivian, in fact, became an orc child. She flexed and roared as a backdrop to Wuzruz's words and giggled heartily at the end before once more becoming the smaller image of her mama.

"You are funny, Wuzruz! I like you! But Vivian is not an orc, silly! Can I come play with you tonight? I have so many things to show you!"

A smile spread across her sweet child face and for the barest moment, a flicker of white and madness filtered over her eyes but was gone just as quick. Vivian pirouetted and turned towards her mama only to see her engaged with a strange looking demon-man.

Veronica did not seem pleased at the Tiefling's words and seemed altogether put off by him.

"Advise caution?" she thought, venomously. "Is this Tiefling a complete simpleton?"

Although Veronica did not allow the words to reach her lips she did allow them to etch themselves rather plainly on her face as she stared at him silently for several moments.

"There will be no lynchings, Mr Nathaniel, so you needn't concern yourself. Thank you."

She whispered the words softly but there was a weight of menace to them that seemed palpable to the Tiefling, though he interpreted no threat from them. He might have wondered at the fact that Veronica knew his name despite a lack of introduction but they were all distracted by the sudden return of the little rat lady as she landed with her flying beast and made her way to them anon. Vivian squealed in delight again, giggling as the rat woman came up to them.

Meanwhile, some may have noticed that Veronica's bedroll was now engaged in rolling itself and subsequently attaching itself in its place on her rather large child carrying backpack. A few errant things she may have left about her sleeping area then began to wash and tidy themselves nicely of their own accord only to be stored neatly in the bag afterwards. It was as though some invisible person were thus engaged in the menial tasks.

Veronica, meanwhile, had her attention entirely fixed on Rissi and her daughter.

"Is that a griffon, Rissi? Is it? Can I pet it? Can I ride it? Oh I would so love to! Can I, Mama?"

Veronica picked up Vivian and smiled at her briefly and held her close as she made an effort to be social.

"Yes this little one is my daughter Vivian. I am Veronica. It is nice to meet you, Rissi."

Then, speaking to Vivian she continued:

"We shall have to wait and see, Vivy. The nice lady might not want you to touch the big animal. We'll have to ask her, ok? Just not right now we have to get ready to move on.

Veronica smiled meekly at those around her and turned back to gather her things. She hoisted the large bag onto her back and Vivian gingerly crawled from her mother's arms and over her head to lower herself comfortably into the space designed to hold her. Veronica then whispered to herself and her thin white nightgown transformed itself into tight fitting black leather pants and shirt with red trim to accentuate its edges. Veronica had seemed almost a child herself when wearing her nightgown but now she seemed to age and appeared as a beautiful, albeit quite young, woman. Vivian reached into the bag behind her and handed her mama a single metal glove adorned with vicious looking spikes. Veronica proceeded to don the glove and flexed her fingers to test their movement. She then rejoined the others just as Trevor made his appearance.

Vivian giggled and clapped at trever's display when the gaudy sailor put his head in the wagon but became more subdued after when he came to greet the large orc to offer him breakfast. Veronica merely stood silently and observed. When Wuzruz smashed the food and cloth, Veronica took a single quiet step backwards, waiting to see what would happen.
__________________
"Death, so called, is a thing which makes men weep, And yet a third of life is passed in sleep." - Lord Byron

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-12-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:08 AM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-07-2019
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 4,952
So focused on the large orc that Trever didn't even notice Rissi reach for his 'offering'. Luckily for Trever, no one was looking at him, as all the blood drained from his face. The orc others called 'Wuzruz' literally disintegrate his breakfast and handkerchief, then lectured him about the color orange "Boy this guy is queerer then a beholder with legs." Trever thought.

"Good thing I wore the blue shirt. Who knows what else will set this guy off, I think I will keep me and Rissi away from him, for our own good." Moving a couple steps back as Trever's thoughts turned back to Rissi, then the last things she said came rushing back. "Jarrett 'Whale-Eye' Bartram; what that who it really was? I thought I was after Timothy "The Tickler" Rutherford. Oh and a duel on the boarding plank where I spare him, Yeah sounds about right for me! I really should start to lay off the sauce at night if I can't remember my own fights!"

"Yeah! That was me. Bartram never stood a chance against Tidalwave and Riptide here" Trever replied, slapping first his left hand Rapier then the one on the right. "I would be happy to discuss the action in detail with you...." Trever grins at Rissi before running his hand through his hair to give it a more wind blown look "Say maybe tonight at diplo
Dice * not as smooth as he thinks:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
dinner?"
__________________
What is going on with Master of Monster? Find out in my Monster Den
DM of Forgotten Realms Chronicles and Keep on the Shadowfell
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-13-2019, 03:02 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 20362
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,043
A Morning Quite Unlike Any Other
right-aligned image

Rissi was generally a collected individual, but Wuzruz's violent action toward the handkerchief caused even her to jump. She wasn't fond of the idea of facing one of the orc's attacks after experiencing one of his 'blessings'. "My apologies, Wuzruz. Bluff(auto succeed) to pass message to everyone but Wuzruz. "Hide yo' orange stuff."If any of us find any of the unholy color lying around, we'll let you know." Watching the orc turn so quickly from playful to violent to playful again was quite a sight.

When Vivian started asking about the griffon, Rissi smiled. "It's nice to meet you too, the both of you. Vivian, you could absolutely pet Sterope, and even go for a ride, as long as it's okay with your mother. She's just getting her morning exercise right now, but she'll be back soon." Her gaze shifted to Veronica, "I assure you she would be perfectly safe, whenever you would like."

Then Veronica went to get ready, and Trever snapped out of his shock to continue their conversation. Rissi chuckled at his enthusiasm, as well as his confidence, even if it was presented a bit awkwardly. "I would be delighted to hear more, assuming of course that my healing isn't needed at the time. I'm afraid that is always my first priority, but if nothing comes up, it's a date." She gave him her
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+21 (10)+21 Total = 31
best smile and laid a hand on his forearm for a brief moment.


 


 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-13-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-12-2020
RPXP: 4528
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,350
Rise and Shine
As the characters chatted, the day was starting on, as were the caravans. While this was your first day and it was sufficient for you to be lax, there was a point when things needed to get moving. The events during this time, however, brought some level of concern to both the traders and the keepers of the khan. The orc's axe haphazardly thrown, a burst of terror emanating from the mother and daughter...

Screams pierced the air as people and animals were startled and fled. A cacophony of sounds rose as what began as a localized burst of terror infected the khan with general mayhem. Sounds of snapping ropes and shattering crates quickly turned to more earnest cries as the uniquely muffles sounds of bone and flesh joined the destruction. Menacing crackles rise as fires are kicked by uncontrolled pack animals into the messes of tents, blankets, and goods in the process of being loaded for the day, quickly spreading among the flammable materials. As what began as a simple scare turned the walled khan into a garden of utter chaos.

Guards and servants did their best to try to mitigate the mayhem, but their actions were to little avail. In the midst of the raucous suspicious eyes were cast upon the one group that was at the center of the hysteria, and when fingers began to be pointed and shouts exchanged, though you cannot quite tell over the noise it is fairly obvious that the blame is appearing to lay somewhat heavily on the shoulders of your tiny group.

left-aligned image

About the same time the leader of the caravan appears from a swirl of ashes and flame and smoke, dragging a few old horses loaded with packs behind him. A small bevy of about a dozen of his crew pick their way through the fire as well, some carrying goods in packs -- makeshift and intentional -- while others wrangle pack animals. He shouts at you over the din.

"I don't know what the hell happened, and I honestly don't damn well care. The cargo on these horses needs to get to where it's going...there is a reason I strapped these packages to retired war horses rather than the average animal. Now, considering you contracted to help my caravan in some fashion, considering the money I just lost on everything else I've lost I'd suggest you keep that contract unless you want the law on you for my contracts and the rest of this hell..."

Without really pausing to give you time to answer, the remnants of Kaithzer Morijon's caravan envelop you and move you through the mess towards the north gate. As you walk, you can already see a number of animals and people of all races crumpled among the flames and debris in various stages of injury or death. For a moment, the guards appear to give chase...but flames are now licking up some of the structures of the khan as the guards begrudgingly focus on salvaging their employer's structure rather than chasing the culprits based on mere suspicion.

Emerging, a few bushes nearby have caught fire, but the early autumn hasn't dried the terrain quite enough for a few smoldering leaves to set things on fire quite yet. Indeed, those caravans too poor to pay for space inside the khan or simply without reserved areas and thus camping outside the walls are all hurriedly swarming the main roads away from it, eager to save their own selves from the ever growing incident. With the roads packed to overflowing with frightened animals and fleeing people, it becomes obvious that they, too, are a hairs breadth away from devolving into madness.

Kaithzer takes this into measure quickly, turning towards the nearby forest. His voice carries the strength of someone used to commanding as well as the slight rasp of someone who has often had to shout those commands. "We're going to take an old hunt trail through King's Forest north-east to Fort Tansend. It'll be awhile, but they are out of the loop enough that hopefully we will stay ahead of any potential ill will. Pick up your feet, now!"

Last edited by Alphaeus; 02-13-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 20362
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,043
Damage Control?
right-aligned image

Rissi's composure slipped for a second time, just briefly, as shouts started going up and flames began to erupt all around them. She started to bring her magic to bear, intent on summoning elementals to deal with the fire, but caught herself. There was too much fire, it had spread too quickly, and she'd basically just be wasting her most powerful spells. Instead, she resigned herself to dealing with the aftermath. There would certainly be wounded when all was said and done. She turned to Trever and asked him what had happened, seeing people pointing in their direction. As he filled her in, it seemed she had just had terrible timing, arriving just after Veronica woke up, so she neither saw the panic spreading from the air, nor saw the event happen.

Reaching into a pouch, she pulled out a whistle and blew into it. None present could actually hear anything, but an answering cry came from Sterope from high above. Shortly after, the griffon slammed into the ground, looking around for any threats. "It's okay girl, I just needed you back early," Rissi said, running a hand through her feathers and climbing into the saddle.

As they we caught up in the hectic movement of the caravan, Rissi saw some of the wounded and glanced at Kaithzer. Pulling her magic to her fingers, she weaved an oft-used pattern and felt a Cast Hermean Potential on herself.wave of warmth pass through her body. "Sir, I would like to ask your leave to stay behind for a while. I can take care of the wounded and catch up with you easily enough. I believe my actions would also serve to help counteract any ill will as well, at least more than anyone watching a known healer leave the area without stopping to help." She tried to frame the suggestion to appear
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+21 (10)+21 Total = 31
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+21 (9)+21 Total = 30
as beneficial to the man as possible. It wasn't in her nature to leave an area that needed her so much, but she did have a contract to fulfill. She sent a silent prayer to Tsillah that she would be allowed to stay and help.


 


 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-13-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:38 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 7400
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,256
Blessings All Around
left-aligned image


Wuzruz Nods to the little girl as he stands up, "Wuzruz will play with you small orc, and listen to what you wish to share, then Wuzruz can share with you as well. He can show you the headless fields of Khraz'Rankor and the silent gardeners that tend them, but you must be very careful when speaking to them little one, for speaking a vowel will earn you a spot in the garden." He then pats the small child gently on her head as she runs over to the small furry orc and picks his axe up, throwing it over his shoulder.

As chaos begins to seep further and further away, Wuzruz is completely distracted. Rather than paying attention to the chaos and mayhem unfolding around them, he meanders over to the camp fire embers, and begins to converse with them about the darker theories of existence and the plans of the great old ones. He speaks to the embers in Aklo, as they are black and red, and black is the color of shadows, so speaking in the shadow tongue makes sense.

It is not until the caravan master comes up and begins speaking, that Wuzruz notices the chaos unfolding around them, to which he merely smiles lovingly at the madness ensuing. Everything was going just as the voices had planned, or at least he thought so, but maybe they said a meteor would fall on the third sunday of the eleventh year? He wasn't sure, but it didn't matter anyway, for the caravan master was speaking in his obnoxious tone.

Wuzruz follows the rest of the carvan, doing his best to shield Veronica and Vivian from any potential damage, using his body as a shield, and knocking things out of the way if they threaten to hit either of them. His rippling muscles and over four hundred pounds of mass tend to be more than enough to dissuade anyone from bumping into or attacking the mother and child orc. Any that do attempt to are met with a thick fist to their face, throwing them forcibly out of the way. Once out in the main trail he just nods at the caravan master and states his approval; "Wuzruz likes the woodland trails very much elder orc, this trail reminds Wuzruz of his family of wolves and all the good hunts they had together. Wuzruz will continue his duty as a guard in this carvan, and asserts that he had nothing to do with the strange cowardly orcs in the walled place going into a strange madness filled panic."



ooc



 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-13-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-12-2020
RPXP: 4528
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,350
Kaithzer
As they are leaving, Rissi managed to chase after Kaithzer and grab his attention. He glanced down at her, but didn't stop moving or shift his attention from managing his horses. His jaw clenches a bit, but he gives a quick scan around the area and sighs. "You're a healer for this caravan, not anyone else. Seeing as how you've got your griffon and I've got a few ways to keep in touch with you, I don't see there being a problem in separating. If you think you can take these flames and actually make a difference, be my guest...just keep an eye on those guards...as well as everyone else. Most of the people here build their lives around profit, not kindness, so I wouldn't overestimate your deeds..."

Switching the horses' ropes to one hand, he fishes in his pocket for something before roughly slaping a simple wooden amulet at you. "I'll keep track of you with this so you can find us later. I'd still say you're wasting your time, though."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-07-2019
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 4,952
Trever was about to make an award winning witty reply and flash one of his famous smiles when chaos began to erupt around him. Unlike earlier, instead of joining in on the panic, Trever began to scan the area for where he could help the most. However the chaos was too widespread to isolate one specific location in which he could help.

As Trever began to walk away, the confused voice of Rissi reached his ears "The happy little family of mother and child over there had night terrors or something....but it was.....worse" Trever's voice trailed off as a shiver ran down his spine from the memory. "It must have spooked the horses, causing this to build up and erupt." Trever was going to say more, he was going to take control, but instead Kaithzer arrived; instantly Trever's behavior transformed.

Gone was the antics and hapazard behavior; suddenly Trever was straight backed and stood at attention. "Sir, Yes Sir" Trever responded to Kaithzer's retreating back after the chastising the group received.

As the caravan began to move, Trever located Rissi and Sterope, and moved to follow after them. Trever had interests to protect if he was going to get his date with dinner tonight. Arriving in time to hear the response to Rissi, Trever pieced together the rest and sprung into action "Sir, Trever Vonwilliamsail here; I feel it is in best interest of the caravan for me to accompany the good healer here. Her talents do lend themselves well to her intended task, but as you yourself have bluff to convince Kaithzer it was his idea, or along those lines
Dice Roll:
1d20+15 (14)+15 Total = 29
stated these people will look out for themselves. I suggest that I join her to keep an eye on her back and my own."
Trever slapped the magical swords on his waist ""There are not for show, and I fully understand the laws in which will govern my actions. If you do not agree I will bow out and stay; however as you well know there is safety in numbers and I think I should accompany Rissi." With that Trever remained completely silent and still, standing at full attention to wait Kaithzer's response.
__________________
What is going on with Master of Monster? Find out in my Monster Den
DM of Forgotten Realms Chronicles and Keep on the Shadowfell
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:05 AM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-12-2020
RPXP: 4528
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,350
Kaithzer
The man gave his neck a little twist, something like a spasmodic jerk, when Trever made his request. "Sure, sure, why don't the whole lot of you run off to play hero, hm? Because I'm sure a few folks here are the ones taking your along wherever the hell it is you want to go and providing you with food and guidance?"

He pauses until they are out of the gate, forcing Trever to break his stance and keep walking to stay with the group. In fact, he doesn't so much as look at him until Rissi heads off to the side outside the gate. He whirls, sword glistening at his hip as he scowls at the young man. "The two of you have five minutes. If you can't get done whatever you want then, I'll still call Rissi through the amulet I gave her. And if you don't reply I'll be sending one of my servants with a warrant for you to be arrested for breach of contract. I don't care why, but if you aren't with us or in the act of looking for us before those five minutes are up the deal is over."

Waving him off, he starts back towards the path. "And not another soul is leaving this group. So don't even bother to ask. Let's keep moving."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB