RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1631
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Replying via PM so that we do not hijack this thread.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Discord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31542
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
I can add that the 13th Age sheet has the same issue. It was probably copied from the 5e base template.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1631
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
I guess I'll be of minimal use in helping diagnose this one...
Actually, I think you can be of help.

After perusing the source code of the RPG Web Profiler, I can tell that the encoding error has nothing to do with the backend code or the database as both the backend code and the database effectively treat the character data as binary data (apart from encoding HTML special chars). The encoding error is based on the fact that the browser sends the form data encoded as UTF-8 (this is how the XMLHttpRequest object is supposed to behave) but interprets the received data as ISO-8859-1 because it is declared as such in the header the server sends. The fix seems therefore simple: The server should send the character with "Content-Type" header set to "text/html; charset=UTF-8".

Before that change, though, one should understand why you, roninkelt, are not observing the error. Apparently, your browser is sending the data as ISO-8859-1 and not as UTF-8 to the server.

EDIT: Checked with a D&D v3.5 character sheet myself. It has nothing to do with your particular browser. Investigating...

Last edited by Disaster Master; 02-28-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2073
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Having problems with my Pics that I've loaded to various posts disappearing. Not all the time but often enough to make it frustrating to have to reload them. Any ideas why this is happening?
Old 03-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Aeth I, Queen of Discord

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Could you provide us with some links to posts where they disappeared? It's hard to answer this without being able to look at someplace where it's happened.

Without knowing more, I'd guess that there might be an issue with wherever you've hosted images? But that's a wild guess without more information.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Holy s*** he's insane!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2965
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Having trouble using site formatting (bold/italics/underline/strikethrough/spoilerbutton etc, anything on the bar right above the text area on a post). And by trouble I mean none of them are working on any browser on my computer. They work on my phone though, so I can't tell if it's the site or my computer.

It was working for me last night, but not now. Cleared cookies, run antivirus, all of the usual things.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-23-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:58 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24414
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhovianBeast View Post
Having trouble using site formatting (bold/italics/underline/strikethrough/spoilerbutton etc, anything on the bar right above the text area on a post). And by trouble I mean none of them are working on any browser on my computer. They work on my phone though, so I can't tell if it's the site or my computer.

It was working for me last night, but not now. Cleared cookies, run antivirus, all of the usual things.
What browser (type, version) and OS are you using?

Do you mean the buttons in the edit window aren't working? Or do you mean the formatting isn't showing up right?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:35 PM
Holy s*** he's insane!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2965
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.45 (64-bit), Windows 10 64 bit
Also tried it with Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 64 bit

I mean the BUTTONS weren't working when I clicked on them. Though the issue seems to be resolved now that I've connected to a more reliable internet connection.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:54 PM
I've got powers too.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Not sure if bug or human error, but twice now I've tried to move threads into my own game's archive and had them end up in a different one.

My game archive folder: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16455

Where my stuff ended up: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16530

Again, not sure if human error really I just want the threads in the right spot:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=182725
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=179176
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=179173
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=180405
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=178279

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Aeth I, Queen of Discord

Tools
User Statistics
I can't speak to whether or not it was an error on your part or not, but your threads are now in your archive.

I'm surprised you were able to move them to the other folder, honestly... you shouldn't have had permission to do it. It ought to have given you an error message. Potentially this means it was a server error, but I don't know enough about it to really say for sure.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:57 AM
I've got powers too.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Thankee muches and bunchly