Game Thread Part Two: The Attack on the Thorn River Camp - Page 12 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > It's Good to Be the King > Stolen Lands - It's Good to be the King > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 10:57 AM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Leadership?Charlotte sat with the two as they ate, and when Volkan comments on them fighting if she needed, she tries to wrap her head around the idea of having others under her command and takes a moment to say "I don't believe that we will need to fight, but I still want the two of you to be cautious. In case we all run into anything in the forest, or the elven warrior that you spoke of is planning something." She then turns to the one who experienced Kai's unique finishing move and asks. "Are you alright to ride on your own? Or are you still sore from his... punch?"
  #167  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:00 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Blushing BanditMikel blushes as Charlotte inquires about his unique injury. He shifts nervously as he sits on a log but finally offering a thin smile. "I can ride, m'Lady. I'll be fine." He then stiffens his back and turns his face down to regard the dried fruit in his hand as he continues to eat.

Last edited by Belros; Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:01 AM.
  #168  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Are You Sure?Charlotte blushes as well as she gets her answer, and as the two eat she decides to ask "So, is there anything that you two would like to share about yourselves? Or that you wish to ask of me?" She nibbles on an apple, looking between the two as she waits for an answer.
 
  #169  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Conversation"Who hired you and why the interest in the Stolen Lands?" offers Volkan. "I mean, no one has really cared about these lands for many years now. I don't think Kressle or anyone else was ever expecting any real resistance to them. I certainly don't think the Stag Lord anticipated any."
  #170  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 12:14 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
AnswersCharlotte admits, "I came answering a charter to explore these lands, and hadn't even known or intended to become involved in any struggle like this. I only ended up battling you when I arrived at the Trading Post near the forest, at the climax of a battle between a man named Happs and the others. From there I offered my help, and it has brought us here. But personally I only intended to help map out these lands and keep them safe in the forest, though I didn't feel right to leave those at the Trading Post with Kressle's ire.."

She then took a breath before saying "Though you have both pledged your loyalty to me, I ask if you plan to accompany us in our journey to explore these lands? And this Stag Lord you mentioned, who is he? And how is he likely to react to all of this?"
  #171  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 01:42 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
The Stag LordAs mention is made of the Stag Lord, Volkan offered a curse and spat on the ground near him. "He's a bloody drunk is what he is," says Volkan. "He's half of what he used to be, and he ain't never been right in the head. A few weeks ago he punched my horse for spittin' in the yard. Personally, I wouldn't care if he dropped dead tomorrow, but even drunk out of his mind he's still got a fair amount of fight to him."

"He's a monster of a man,"
picks up Mikel, "he's a deadeye with the bow, and I saw him crush a prisoner's hand to must in one fist. Come to think of it, I've never seen him without his creepy stag helmet on - some of the men think...er, thought, that he ain't got no face under it, but not me - I think that creepy helm is his face!" Mikel shivers as he finishes speaking and takes a long drink from his wineskin.

"He keeps a strange old man locked up in the basement," continues Volkan. "I suspect the old guy might actually be running the show, using the Stag Lord as a puppet, you know. I got a look into the old guy's eyes once,and it terrified me. He ain't someone I'd want to cross."

The two men finish their meal in silence, each thinking about their previous encounters with the Stag Lord.

"We'll help however we can, Lady Charlotte," says Volkan, "but like I said, we really ain't the adventuring types. Don't know how much help we'd be exploring and all that. Maybe we'll figure out some other way to help?"

Last edited by Belros; Aug 1st, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
  #172  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Heading to CampCharlotte listens to the two men describe the Stag Lord, and after looking around at the others she says "Alright, it would likely be best to avoid him if it is possible. But I expect that he will eventually come looking for Kressle if he doesn't get any word." When the two men finish their meals she stands up, saying "Alright let's move onto the camp then, and we can figure out what can be done later. When we have time to sit down and plan. But I have a question, would it be possible to pack up any tents and other loose possessions onto the other horses for our journey back to the trading post?"

Walking over to her horse, Charlotte said "Shall we move onto the camp then? Or is there anything else that needs to be done before we head out?"
  #173  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 02:58 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Suggestion"There's a wagon in the camp," offers Mikel, 'it could be used along with the other horses for transportin' things back to your camp."

Volkan nods his agreement, "Aye, it will have to have some minor repairs done to it first but those can be quickly done and then the horses hitched to it."

After a few minutes collecting their things and getting mounted, Volkan says, "We are ready, would you like us to lead the way?"
  #174  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
AgreementCharlotte mounts her own horse as everyone else finishes their preparations and responds to Mikel's suggestion. "Thank you Mikel, that will make it much easier to transport everything. All we will need to do is get everything ready while someone does the repairs. Can you take care of that while the rest of us get everything ready to be loaded into it?" She then waits in order to give the elder man an opportunity to respond before answering his final question. "If you are ready then please lead the way Volkan, though I hope that you don't mind me riding beside you as well?"
  #175  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 04:47 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
The Bandit CampVolkan kicks a heel to the flank of his mount and gets the animal moving. Charlotte falls in beside him, with Kai riding with Darian again in the second rank and Mikel beside them, then comes Ursion and Bren with Yarro bringing up the rear. There is no way for a group this size to move quietly through the forest what with the occasional neigh of horses, the plodding of their hooves, the creaking of leather armor or saddle, and the jingle of harness. A group this size has less to fear moving through the Narlmarch Wood but the dangers that would mess with a group of their size are few and far between but quite deadly. So everyone still remains vigilant as they ride.

The group doesn’t have far to ride however. A little over an hour of setting out the group comes upon landmarks that Volkan begins to tell them about, letting them know they are approaching the camp.

“The Thorn River is about sixty feet from us, through those trees,” he says. “The camp is on the northern bank.” Volkan finds a trail that heads off the game trail they are on and heads southwest. It isn’t really a trail but more of a path. It continues for another two hundred feet before opening up into the bandit camp. Volkan and Mikel point out watchposts on the east and west sides of the path that are wooden platforms about twenty feet off the ground that provide a great view of the campsite and the trail. Both of the posts are deserted.

As the group moves into the camp itself they find that the bandits have created a semi-permanent campsite by cutting themselves a small clearing. Tree trunks and logs along with old crates and other items serve as chairs, all centered around a stone-lined campfire. A heap of kindling and smaller sticks lies nearby. There are a number of folded tents stored nearby as well as a couple of larger, more semi-permanent tents away from the edge of the campsite.

Charlotte and the others see an elf walking out of one of these larger tents. She stands about five and half feet tall and weighs about a hundred stone with a slender build. Her eyes are dark brown, similar in color to the bark of a tree with long chocolate brown hair. She is wearing an outfit well suited to the wild, consisting of a pair of leather boots with dark green breeches tucked into them. She has a brown leather belt secured tightly around her waist with small pouches holding a variety of items attached. She has a green blouse as well, also tucked into her breeches. She wears a second thicker shirt made of animal hide over her blouse for protection. And finally a cloak that resembles leaves helps her blend into the forest.

“That’s the elf I told you about,” Volkan says to Charlotte.

“The other one must be somewhere close.”

The elf female wears a look of sadness about her face as she looks over the group but she otherwise remains quiet as she stands before you all.

Last edited by Belros; Aug 1st, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
  #176  
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 08:08 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,198
Flashback: Darian Vanderan, en-route to the bandit camp.He binds a blood-soaked bandage around his waist.

Then, Darian loads up his gear and saddles-up Hardbiter for the short jaunt over to the bandit camp. Those looking with perception notice our cavalier moving a bit slower and more deliberate than he did just a day ago. Those who ask are met with a labored comment.

I am...hurt. These bandits, while not combat-trained, they fight hard. They are little more than common folk, but they do what they know to do. Those of us from Rostland, from Brevoy...we have it relatively 'easy' compared to these. Thanks to the Judge, that I have not had to fight my way up through life like Bren, Mikel or Volkan. I am gravely wounded...they hit me with all they had this day. Come, let us be on the move.

Darian Vanderan. May your wounds never deter you from what is to be come. Whatever it might be.

 

 

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Aug 1st, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
  #177  
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
AgreeingCharlotte smiles and nods in agreement with Darian, "I believe that you are correct Ser Vanderan. While those not born or raised among nobility do not have the training or resources that we do, they have the dedication and will to thrive with the little they were given to work with. That is why I respect Bren, Volkan, and Mikel, and why I took Elizabeth into my household as a maid. They each have unique skills and personalities, and I believe that we can all agree that we prefer to have them alive and by our side than as enemies." She then turned to the two men who had sworn themselves to her and asked "I just thought of something, do either of you have any skills in construction?"

When they arrived in camp and saw the elven woman, Charlotte dismounted and told the two men "Keep an eye out for the other one.. I think something else is going on here." Stepping forward she approached the woman and spoke to her in elven "Hello? Are you alright? My name is Charlotte, may I know your name?"
  #178  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Jinro's Avatar
Jinro Jinro is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2023
RPXP: 846
Jinro Jinro Jinro Jinro Jinro Jinro Jinro
Posts: 1,258
IntroductionsAyami looks over the group that is riding into the camp, a few of whom she recognize from her time here but most are new to her. She looks nervously at the knight, remembering the arrogant envoy that had been sent to meet with her people back home. She keeps a wary eye upon them as the man and woman whisper quietly to each other, and grows nervous as the woman dismounts and approaches her. But Ayami is shocked out of her thoughts when she is addressed in elven, and she stares in shock for a few seconds before hesitantly responding.

"H-hello.. I'm Ayami, and yes... I'm.. fine." Though she responds she continues to glance suspiciously toward the two former bandits and Charlotte, perhaps thinking them to be trying to
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
trick her.
__________________
"If brute force hasn't solved your problems, it's because you have yet to apply enough."
  #179  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
In the campAs everyone dismounts and begins moving about the camp, Volkan and Mikel keep their hands near their weapons as they remain on the alert for the other elf. They both know the dangerous look of the elf and don’t want to be caught by surprise. Yarro moves all of the other horses toward the center of the camp and begins cutting the dead bodies loose and allowing them to fall to the ground. As he does this, Ursion moves over to approach Volkan and Mikel, allowing Charlotte to approach the elf while Kai and Darian watch and remain on guard.

“Where do you hide the loot? Don’t tell me you don’t have a stash somewhere, I know you do, where is it?”

“Easy, sorcerer,” responds Volkan as he observes the harried and frenzied nature of Ursion. “It’s all over here.”

Volkan leads Ursion over to a place below one of the watch stations. He moves away some less interesting supplies such as food, firewood, and tents to reveal a chest of other more interesting items.

“Here it is,” says Volkan as he points to the chest.

Ursion moves Volkan out of the way and immediately begins looking through the chest. “Where is it?” he says over and over again as he searches, tossing bags of coins out of the chest along with other items of jewelry, a music box, some furs and hides, and a wooden case that holds some bottles of a greenish liquid.

“Where’s the necklace!” shouts Ursion as he doesn’t find what he is searching for in the stash.

“What necklace?” asks Volkan as his hand protectively goes to the hilt of his sword.

“A merchant came through her a week or so ago and I believe he was attacked by your group. Among the things he had was a silver necklace, a beautiful but intriguing stone set in the middle of it. What did you do with it?”

“I remember the necklace,” offers Mikel as he steps forward between Ursion and Volkan. “There was something odd about it. It unnerved even Kressle so she traded it to another shady merchant from Pitax that she sometimes used for those things. He was on his way back to Pitax. We haven’t seen it since then.”

Ursion curses as he realizes that the necklace isn’t in the camp. He tosses down a bag of coins that he was holding, spilling them and other items in the chest.

“What about a ring? A wedding band?” asks Yarro, remembering the ring of Svetlana that was taken by the bandits.

“If it’s not there then we don’t have it,” responds Volkan. “There were a couple of bags stolen by some filthy mites two days ago. It was mostly worthless trinkets and copper coins so no one was much interested in going after them to get it back. They probably took it back to their lair under the old sycamore tree.”

“Thank you, Volkan and Mikel,”
says Yarro before moving over to comfort Ursion. “You’ll find the necklace,” he says while patting his friend on his back.

“I don’t know why,” begins Ursion, “but I feel like time is running short. I have to find it soon or I’ll never find it. I have to find it Yarro.”

Unable to help him now, Yarro says nothing further as his friend moves away to be alone in his thoughts.

“Well, we have other work to do,” says Yarro to Volkan and Mikel. Picking up three spades he has secured, Yarro tosses one to Volkan, Mikel, and Bren.

“You three get to bury your old companions. Hopefully it will be a warning to any others left here or to the Stag Lord that we won’t allow this banditry to continue.”

The men and the young boy grumble a bit as they take up the shovels but get to work digging the five graves for Kressle and their former bandits.

 
  #180  
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow0136 View Post
AgreeingCharlotte then turned to the two men who had sworn themselves to her and asked "I just thought of something, do either of you have any skills in construction?"
The men respond"We both have skills in carpentry," answers Volkan. "I can fix up the wagon easily," adds Mikel.

"What else did you have in mind, m'Lady?" asks Volkan.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB