twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 16th, 2024, 11:43 AM
God Emperor of Aralon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Darnahroc Darnahroc Darnahroc
Greetings from Aralon, the world where anything is possible.

Hey all,
been playing DnD in its various forms since i was a preteen, we'll just not mention how many years that is exactly, but its been quite a few lol. anyhow, my preferred online play format is play by post, so lets see if this site works out for me lol. i have run my 'Aralon' online and offline in several different iterations, but have gotten tired of being the forever DM so now im looking to be a player. hope to meet some of yall in the games and lets all have a good time.

Edit:
Im preferable to 3.5e, pf1e, d20 modern, d20 future. these are the ones i have experience playing, but would like to learn starwars d20 and shadowrunner d20. i hear the cringes now on that last one lol. as for genre, im pretty much open and can work within the parameters of whatever games im playing in. as far as the genre of my own personal realm setting its really a free for all since i play my world as more of a sandbox setting then a fully structured campaign. i typically play either a rogue or a wizard type class, though not preferential to race typically. and lastly a woodchuck would chuck all the wood but i woodchuck dont chuck wood, lmao.

Last edited by Darnahroc; Feb 18th, 2024 at 10:26 AM. Reason: addition of information in reply to idrahil and others
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 02:39 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18674
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Darnahroc,

Is there anything special about your username. Perhaps it's a name from an old PC of yours? Tell us a bit more about yourself. Which version of D&D do you prefer? My favorite is AD&D but 5e is giving it a run for its money. How about genre, do you prefer high magic, low magic, high tech, horror, sci fi/future tech etc.? Do you have a favorite character class, race? Do you have any plans to try other RPG systems? Do you know how much wood a woodchuck chucks, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 05:24 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88407
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

This is a great place to get your PC fix... You can have one or two or more PC's active, and even be a GM at the same time, if you want (and have the time/energy). Lots of GM's come here to do just what you are... get their fix of the other side of the screen.

Happy gaming!
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 06:40 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72130
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, Darnahroc! Welcome to the site! I see you are looking for a 3.5 game. Hope you find one to your liking! I know there are a few out there, though 5e tends to be the more common D&D option. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 09:57 PM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4983
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Welcome Darnahoc. No need to worry about agem we have dinosaurs here who will say that there was no dnd in their preteen days. I saw you visited a number of subforums already, so you'll find your place, I'm sure. Enjoy your time here,
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 11:34 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34375
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Darnahroc, welcome to the site!

I think you'll find the community here wonderful - don't be afraid to ask questions as you look around.

Again - great to see you here!!

- Savoy
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 01:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10100
Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman
Welcome Darnahroc
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9449
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Darnahroc! I hope you're finding the site to your liking and finding a few games to join!
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 04:55 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52356
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Welcome Darnahroc! I think you'll find many forever-DMs here to squeeze in a little time on the player side of the table, so you are among friends.

So, tell us about Aralon!
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 06:58 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36215
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Goodday Darnahroc,

+1 to the question about your username, it's intriguing so even I wonder what it could mean ;-)

But, first of all -> welcome over here. Loved your introduction post, and I am wondering if you have found a game yet? Already working on an application, and if so; what/who are you creating? (Class, Race, background)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 12:20 AM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11182
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome Darnahroc!

Enjoy exploring the variety of games RPG Crossing offers and join in the fun.