Game Thread (26) (let me) Light Your Way - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2007 > The Three Evils
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 05:34 PM
The Third's Avatar
The Third The Third is offline
Very Young Vampire
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2021
RPXP: 3327
The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third
Posts: 1,839
Marcan didn't know what to say, so merely nodded and stood in silent whilst Vrezhe sang his swampy song. He didn't really understand it - it was not his chosen form of music, nor a style he was overly familiar with - but it came from the heart, and that he could get behind.

When they had all stood around in silence for long enough, he looked up and, as if he was noticing the ramp for the first time, nodded towards it. "Shall I take the lead?
Flick up, see what's there, then return?"



 
__________________
Currently Playing: Scorcherer Ithyromelle, Marcan, and Ireena.
Allan, Ethronon, Othatheth, and Jones, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Victree-Belle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 16,146
Marcan's suggestion that he go on ahead, move forward to check out what dangers lay before them, got a half-hearted shrug from Vrezhe. "Is best wes keep moving, yes... You say flick ahead. You flick, you go. We and Templeton follow, and Shiva behind, watch flankses..."

Templeton remains silent and surly for the time being. He takes the time to put on his new boots-- still warm from Zhanshu's body. He can't manage a smirk at this.


 



 
__________________
Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she / her / hers
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 12:49 AM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
1 Peter 2:24
Good People  

Ancient Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2007  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame 2013
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2021
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 56,730
Marcan flickers, reappearing high enough around the ramp that his small form could just see over the edge of the wall. The others, spaced out along the ramp behind him, waited for his response.

But there was nothing there to respond to.

Marcan peeked carefully out over the rooftop - a slightly angled round area that reached a peak of ten feet at its centre. He couldn't see anything on it - though the other side was blocked from his current view, he expected that unless they were rather short, there was not much that could hide from him.

The rooftop was relatively smooth, the edge ending at the gap that fell into the room below, and then the great expanse of the inky black sky, the elemental winds rushing past them.

If nothing else, it seemed like a good view?


 
__________________
Hugga asks: Super Fantasy Brawl?
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
=>> ...back to flooding, now...<<=

Last edited by hvg3akaek; Dec 16th, 2020 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 10:12 AM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Victree-Belle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 16,146
The party moves up the curving ledge towards the top of the tower. Is it the top, though? Physics seemed an odd thing in this place... Even as he thought about this, Vrezhe cast his eyes out over the plan around them. Can he see the camp of the Death Giants and their leader? Suddenly, Vrezhe realizes that their plan to potentially take out the death giant has been... upended. Hardly the worst effect of Zhanshu's death. But one that worries the kobold. How, if at all, could they take out the leader now?... Pushing the question aside, he tries to focus on the current situation. "Nothings is up here?..." he asks as the party begins to emerge. Carefully, he looks about the entrance to the "roof" for traps of some sort-- particularly anything magical...

 



 
__________________
Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she / her / hers
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 06:11 PM
The Third's Avatar
The Third The Third is offline
Very Young Vampire
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2021
RPXP: 3327
The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third
Posts: 1,839
Marcan didn't usually get nervous, but something about this...empty rooftop started to creep him out. It had all been building to this...there had been a balor guarding the rooftop, and their companion had died! And yet...nothing?

"No, something's up" he muttered, as if he was trying to tell his own eyes they were mistaken. Closing them, he reached out, trying to feel the magic around him, hoping that would somehow help...though nothing seemed to leap to aid him.


 
__________________
Currently Playing: Scorcherer Ithyromelle, Marcan, and Ireena.
Allan, Ethronon, Othatheth, and Jones, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 05:54 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
1 Peter 2:24
Good People  

Ancient Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2007  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame 2013
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2021
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 56,730
Looking around, and fully expecting some strange architectural impossibility, Vrezhe sees nothing but darkness overhead. If there was some strange platform above them, he had no sense of it - but he doubted there was.

Behind him, the others moved to stand nearby, but not too nearby. Marcan flittered across the tower top, but could barely sense any magic - that, in itself, was strange. It was like there was a void, a hollow space, from where all the magical energy had been temporarily removed.

Darkness rolled in above - which normally, wouldn't have made much difference, for it was all dark anyway. But this darkness felt like it was there, moving along, absorbing the light. It was as if a heavy stormcloud had rolled by, and you could tell not just by the dimming light, but by the difference in the pressure, in the humidity shift...a storm was coming. But no normal storm.

There was a moment of silence, that seemed to stretch out. People went to say something, but their very words slipped away. Their mouths were left empty, with a subtle metallic taste on their lips. And then, the lightning struck.

The lightning didn't hit any of the party - and for that, they were pleased. The bolt was the opposite of the sky - bright, radiant, and its jolt burning into the eyes of all nearby. A bright vertical line, with all the forks and arms reaching off, but the sound that followed an instant later, that hit them.

There was an immense BOOM!, and just as the lightning remained in their eyes, even as they tried to blink it away, the thunderous roar deafened them, just as the pressure blast knocked them over and threatened to send them flying off the tower's edge. Fortunately, they were all made of sturdier stuff, and as they rose back to their feet, eyes watering and ears ringing, they finally saw their opponent.

Standing on the scorched remains of the lightning strike was a large, snake-like creature, with a body that once might have looked humanoid. Numerous limbs snaked out from the torso, with one overly large head staring at them, hungrily. It - s̼̃͗͟h̪̼͖ę̓͊ͧ͒ - spoke.

"Wę̧l͏̴c̵͝o̴m͢e̸͡,̸̕ ͏w̧͢o͏r̶m̸s҉̨."

Once - many, many years ago - s̡͕̻̻ͮh̢͚̮̼͇̝̻͔ͨȇ͍͕͙͇ͫ̃ͭ may have been a marilith. But where other mariliths had human-like torsos, h̘̞̪ͮ̅̎̌̑̈́̓ȩ̙̮̎̊͆r̺̭ͯ͜ torso was covered with chitin, with angular armoured plates that matched and moved with h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ scales so seamlessly, there was no doubt that they were a part of ḣ̥̩ȩ̖̊ͣṟ̦͚̣̘̓́ͬ̂̾̓͜ body. Instead of hands, s͖̭̙̣̦̓͒̄̽͗ͬ͗ͅh̢͖͈͇̺̒͒̋e͇̅̂ͣͯ͐ had monstrous claws, long scything talons. And instead of a humanoid face, something far more grotesque, more alien now looked at the party. Jaws that unhinged unnaturally, that seemed to separate in more than one direction, revealed rows of teeth as long as Templeton's fingers, and a purple tongue as long as Vrezhe's tail flicked between them.

"I͘ ̶̕s̴̕e̷̛è̷̕ ͞y͡͏̨o̴̢҉u͞ ̢͟h̶̀a̷̡v҉̡͠e̢ ̶f̕͠͡o̴҉̛und̡̢ ̴͠ý̀o̴͡͝ù͜r҉ w͝a͜͡y҉ to҉̨ ̢̢t̸̡hè ̛to̷̴ṕ͠ ̨͘o͘͟f͘ ̛m͢y҉͠ ͘t҉̀͠ow̵̴e͏͏r̶̕.̛͘͞..̡s̶̨͝o͢m̵̸͠e̷͜͟ho͢w̴͢͡.̸͞ ͢ I̧̡nt̷̛́e̶re̶͡͡s̶̷t̢͝į͘ng."

s̨͂̉̽̀ẖ͉̬̱̼̘̀͛͂e̥̤̱͗̃̓͠ commented, as s̡͊ͦ͑ḫ̭̑͋́e̗͓̞̗͛̒̏ͣͤ̇͞ propelled ẖ̫̠̫̠̜͠ě̸̊͆̄ͫ̈́r̥͊s̪̤̅̄ͫ͒̾ë̩ͧ̒͆̃̀̚l̡̩̣͍̠̰f̡̱̗͈ͧ̇ ̫ forward on h̪͎̮̎̑̓ͯ͢ͅĕ̪̙̜̟̗̫ͤ̂̈̕ŗ̺̲ thick, snakelike body.

"I̴̴̧ ̶s͏e̵e͝ ͏̶y͠҉ou҉̀̕ m̵͏͏a͢n͡͝á͝g̕e̛d͏ ̶҉͝t̵o̢͝ ̷̸d̶́e͘͏f̕e͝at҉ B̴̀ơl̀͜͝e̷r҉o̵͡s̢, ̛͝to̕͏o.͏̧́ ͘ ̧̧͟T̴̛͞h̡҉a͢͝t͝ i̸͝s ̴̕͞a͞҉ ̡͢s͠h͟͡a͞m̷̛͠e.̨ ͘B̧́͘u͡t̴ i̶͟t ͟d҉̶͞o̢ȩ̨̀s̷n̸̢͠'̶͡t̴̕ ͡͡m̸͠a̧t͠͠t̷e̡͠r͘ ̵͟͜-̷͞ ͏a͝l̶̢͘l̡͞ ̶͜w̷͡h͜ǫ҉҉ ̴e҉̨n̴͢͜t͘͜e̴ŗ͡ ̴̛̀m̧͝y̴̢̛ r͢͝é̕ál͠m̷͠͡ ̵͠m̧͢u̵s̢t̀ b̢͜o̷͜w̸ ̢͟b̢̛e͠f̵̀͘ò͘r̶͘҉è ̷me.̴.͟.͘o͜r͠ ͝ḑ̸͢i͢e͘͠.̶ A͞͠n̡҉ḑ͟ ̀Ì͟͞ ̀͢d̶o҉͠ń̵'̴̨͢t ̕͢͞t͟҉ḩi̕͢͏ńk̵̕ a͟ny ͜o̴͘f̢̧̕ ͞ỳò̴͠u̡͞͞ ̨̢ar͢e͢ ͏t̢͜h̶͠͠ę͟ ͢͏bow̛͜i̕ǹ̛g̶̨͝ ͟͡ki̡͡n̵͢d,̶̢ ̷̴͠a̴̸͜r̶͟ȩ̵́ ͟y̵̕o̡҉ư̢?̶̵"

Snarling for a moment, ẖͨ͊͒͝ͅe̯̟̖̱̘r̝͉̖̦̣̠͛̒̊ body poised, ready to strike...

OOCIf you wish to say something, feel free to do so! If you wish to act, then it will be time to roll initiative.


 
__________________
Hugga asks: Super Fantasy Brawl?
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
=>> ...back to flooding, now...<<=

Last edited by hvg3akaek; Dec 31st, 2020 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Victree-Belle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 16,146
Vrezhe's mouth had been dry-- the very words sapped out of him. And that as before the enormous lightning strike had brought this... demon? Woman? Abomination! before them. As her words seeped out, a shiver went through Vrezhe's spine that emanated out and made it feel like his very scales were vibrating themselves loose from his skin.

Those words.

That voice.

"Yous... yous are ḥ̵̢̛͈͖̥̾̇̌͌̒͊̃̎̿̂́͠͝ȩ̸̢̡̡̦̥̣̙̯̮͖̲̑̽̀̔͒̀̎r̵̤͎̓͗̈́͂ ͓̣!" is all he could really say. ̸̨͍͈̲̦͚͖̽̋͆̽́̓̋̈́͆͜ḩ̷͍̩͚̻̯̘̗̝̑͋͌̽̇̀̍̓͛̓̀͛͝é̶̄̔͑͊̚ ̧̼͙̯̮̠̣͇̣̞͌̇̂̓͠ř̵͍̮̋͆͗̾̈́͑̉̍͛͠͝͝͝͝ question rippled through the air at the kobold, but landed unanswered for the moment.

Vrezhe had never really thought about it before, even in all of his studies of nature and science... but even demons seemed to follow some strange rules of anatomy. They might not be the same rules as those from the Prime Material... but they seemed to have joints and orifices that followed some kind of basic physics.

But ś̸̨̻̠̳̖̉̾̉͛͂͋̑ḧ̷͚̜̲̩̟̙̗̻͓̫̟̫e̸͊̈́̓̿͂̎̾̈́̽̇͑̇͒̚͘ ̢̘ seemed to follow rules all her own. Vrezhe starts to say something, but he literally gags-- either from disgust, or the outright unholy feel of the air as it drains his words.

Templeton takes the chance to speak, though. Even with the recent passing of Zhanshu, the rogue is able to offer a smirk. It's all about the showmanship. The bravado. If you can't smirk in the face of death, then you can't really live. "Yes, yes, somehow. Somehow," he says, suggestively. "Maybe it's best if you don't find out how! But as for bowing, I'll do you the honor--" Templeton takes a flourishing bow, as if he were a stageman. It wasn't his normal behavior, but he was doing what he could to be distracting. "Templeton Gloaming. If we're going to kill each other, as seems to be the case, I'd at least know who I cross blades... teeth... whatever with. Who in all the hells are Y̵̧̼̰̻̤͕͕̤͒̉̎͌́̀ō̴͚͉̟̫͚͚̙̬̳ư̷̧͙̬̤̫̫͈̣͒̐̂̎̾̓̀̆͜ͅ? "

 



 
__________________
Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she / her / hers
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 06:43 PM
The Third's Avatar
The Third The Third is offline
Very Young Vampire
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2021
RPXP: 3327
The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third
Posts: 1,839
Marcan shook, flittereing back half a foot almost instinctively. The presence of the 'creature', the ruler of this realm, was not one that he particularly enjoyed. Leaving Templeton to converse with ḩ̷͍̩͚̻̯̘̗̝̑͋͌̽̇̀̍̓͛̓̀͛͝é̶̄̔͑͊̚ ̧̼͙̯̮̠̣͇̣̞͌̇̂̓͠ř̵͍̮̋͆͗̾̈́͑̉̍͛͠͝͝͝͝, he looked about, being ready in case she called in reinforcements.

Shiva, meanwhile, held her weapons ready, in a low, outwards stance from her body. It wasn't overly threatening - not when the demon before them was *all* threat - but she was ready, for when Templeton's questioning ended...


 
__________________
Currently Playing: Scorcherer Ithyromelle, Marcan, and Ireena.
Allan, Ethronon, Othatheth, and Jones, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 06:29 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
1 Peter 2:24
Good People  

Ancient Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2007  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame 2013
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2021
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 56,730
The woman - the demon - the creature - laughed. A short burst of something that may have been called 'mirth', but had far more cruelty in it than any would have thought possible.

"O̵͏h́͘͜,̶͡ ̡́͟y҉̨̡o̴ú̴̡ ͠f͢o̧̕͢ol̷͘í͠s̴̴h ̸́l͢͟i͟t̷͞tĺ͡e̷ ̷t̕͞h̸̡̡i͟n͝g̶̨ ̸̧-̷̢ ͏̸yó̧u t̛h͠in̛̕͢k͜ ͏t̢͟ơ̷ ̶ś͏̴t̵̡ań̴d͜͝ ̛a͘͟ǵ̛a̧̡i͢n̢s͘͡t ̨̡m͡e͏,̕ ̷t͘͢o̴͠ ̸h̡ą̀͢v̶e͘ ́̀a̶̷͠ ҉c͟͞h̕à̷n͝c͏e o͟f ̸h̸̡͠ur̵̢t̶͘͝ì͡n̸g͏͠ ̴m͏͞e,͟ le͡t́ ̸̢à͟l̶̡̕o̴̵ņe̶ ̶͏͝ķ͡i̵͝l̛̕l͢ ̶́m͝ȩ͘҉?̷"

The demon-woman slithered a few feet closer, h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ eyes hungrily drifting over the four remaining members of the party.

"B̛͢u̴̶t̨ ̡͢ą͝͝s ͞͡to̸͢͝ ͢m͢͞y͢ ͢͏ń̨͢a̢m̵e͏҉ ͞-͡ ̸̡y͞oų́͠ ͟m̢͢ay̛͡ ́́҉h̸͝a̵v̧͠ę ͟f̨́á͟c͘͞e͡d̛ ͘m̡a͞n҉y̡͢ ҉͝t̴h̴in̷͠gs͟ ͞so ͞fà́r,̶́̕ ̶̕͝b̷̸u͝t̵̢͘ t͏͜ḩ́͠i̵͜s͞ ̶̨- ̧t͏҉h́̀i͢͠s͟,̧ ͠y̨̡҉o̵̧u̧͝ a҉̢̛ŕe͝ ̵̨n̴o͢͞t ̸͏rę͘a҉d͘͞ý͏͡ ̢́͝t́o͞ ͟f̶a̶͞͠c̛e̢̡. ͏̧I̢̛t҉̡͠ ̶w̢͢͡ould ̛͝dè̡v͢͠où͟r͘͜ ̨y̨o̶ù̵r ̨͠s͜͜i̶m̨̢p͏҉l̢͡e̷ ͏̨͜m͏̶̨i͠͝n̷̵d҉ ̷͢t̵o̢ ̧͟bù̵t͝͡ ̧h̡̛éa̢r͝ ́su͏c͟҉h̷ t̀͞h̀͞i̢̡͢n҉̕g͟͡͝s͏.̸͝.͝҉̴.͢"

Š̥̜ͥͦ͒ͣ̃ḫ̡̯̜̣̦͉e̪̬͂ͮ͐̓ͣͧ̈͞ͅ licked her lips - or, at least, performed some action approaching this - as s̡͊ͦ͑ḫ̭̑͋́e̗͓̞̗͛̒̏ͣͤ̇͞ seemed to pause, wait, dare Templeton to insist on asking for her name.

OOCFeel free to keep chatting If you wish to act, then it will be time to roll initiative.


 
__________________
Hugga asks: Super Fantasy Brawl?
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
=>> ...back to flooding, now...<<=

Last edited by hvg3akaek; Jan 21st, 2021 at 01:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Victree-Belle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 16,146
Vrezhe is nervous about Templeton's ploy here. But the rogue was the man of words. Perhaps it's just best to see where he's going with this.

The rogue, Templeton, smirks at her threats. After everything he's seen in all the worlds and all his adventures, what could melt his mind? "Y̵̧̼̰̻̤͕͕̤͒̉̎͌́̀ō̴͚͉̟̫͚͚̙̬̳ư̷͙̬̤̫̫͒̐̂̎̾̓̀̆͜ ̧͈̣ͅ want to kill us, but are hesitant to melt our minds? I dunno. Seems like a bluff to me. You demons never could be trusted-- strength, to be sure, but augmented by substantial smoke and mirrors." He walks a bit as he speaks, moving ever-so-slightly further around the demon queen to make flanking her easier.

Vrezhe starts to get a bit nervous, and almost warns Templeton not to provoke her. But the kobold steels himself. There was no other way for this to go but through violence. This evil had to be stopped. He begins focusing, preparing to call forth sigils and powers to take this monster down. "For Faeruns..." he whispers to himself, reminding himself and the Still Waters what's at stake.

Templeton distracts the Marilith-like beast, barking, "So let's hear it! I want to know what to call you as you die." He shifts his feet, daggers out and ready to strike.


 



 
__________________
Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she / her / hers

Last edited by Unko Talok; Jan 20th, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 01:25 AM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
1 Peter 2:24
Good People  

Ancient Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2007  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame 2013
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2021
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 56,730
This time, the demon didn't even laugh. Just a slow, crooked smile that sent goose bumps over Templeton's neck and shoulder. Rather than showing any signs of concern, h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ posture was one of someone who had just won the battle.

Š̥̜ͥͦ͒ͣ̃ḫ̡̯̜̣̦͉e̪̬͂ͮ͐̓ͣͧ̈͞ͅ spoke, a single word - no, a single sound, though if it was a word in some other language, or something far deeper, far more ancient, none were really sure. If asked to repeat it, they would struggle to even begin to describe the noise - but it was not just a noise, for ḩ̷͍̩͚̻̯̘̗̝̑͋͌̽̇̀̍̓͛̓̀͛͝é̶̄̔͑͊̚ř̵͍̋͆͗̾̈́͑̉̍͛͠͝͝͝͝ ̮ name brought with it a feeling of despair, of crawling insects burrowing beneath your skin, of not enough air, and falling uncontrollably fast, of drowning and being burned alive at the same time.

What they heard was this.

And when they heard it, their brains tried to escape through their ears. Their bodies struggled against their solid nature, as if they were wanting to turn into liquid, and wash themselves off the side of the tower. The world spun, their world shrank, and suddenly, it seemed as if s̡͊ͦ͑ḫ̭̑͋́e̗͓̞̗͛̒̏ͣͤ̇͞ was upon them, biting into them, eating and devouring them without any resistance. For a moment, they wanted to accept it - to have this feeling, this presence be over with. For a moment...

OOCInitiative is great - roll it up if you haven't already! You will need a 20 or more to act first...

...however, everyone needs to roll 2d20 (but Templeton needs to roll 3d20, as he asked for ẖͨ͊͒͝ͅe̯̟̖̱̘r̝͉̖̦̣̠͛̒̊ name.) If one is below 10, you start dazed (save ends). If two are below 10, you start stunned (save ends).


 
__________________
Hugga asks: Super Fantasy Brawl?
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
=>> ...back to flooding, now...<<=

Last edited by hvg3akaek; Jan 24th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 08:21 PM
The Third's Avatar
The Third The Third is offline
Very Young Vampire
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2021
RPXP: 3327
The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third
Posts: 1,839
Marcan instsinctively leaped backwards as their opponent spoke. The noise, the presence, the overly strange experience was all too much for him at the moment, all he could focus on was getting away.

Even though h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ words had stopped, the echoes of that name bounced about inside Marcan's heads, stopping him from being at all effective as he waved a hand pointlessly around, and failed to do anything but put a bit more distance between him and everyone else.

Over his mental fog, he tried to see how the others were faring, and his eyes settled on Shiva, who, despite all her preparation and readiness, stood there with her eyes blank, and her arms hanging by her side...


 
__________________
Currently Playing: Scorcherer Ithyromelle, Marcan, and Ireena.
Allan, Ethronon, Othatheth, and Jones, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 02:22 PM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Victree-Belle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 16,146
Vrezhe is too slow to act, and his concentration is fully taken by resisting the power of this unholy beast's name. Fortunately, he manages to resist it.

Templeton, too, is unphased. He had mentally steeled himself for the mental impact the instant goosebumps started to form on his skin, and it had paid off. Even as his brain tried to crawl out of his ears, his muscles had already gotten their marching orders, and responded almost by reflex. Unfortunately, other party members were not so lucky. Hopefully, it wouldn't make the difference in the end...

In a flash, a Shuriken is launched from Templeton's hand, aimed directly at the beast's head. He was hoping to knock the demon out, and certainly would catch her off guard. Could a creature like h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ even become unconscious?... If so, it might give the party some much-needed strategic time to recover and assault. If not... well, a shuriken to the head was a shuriken to the head, wasn't it?

As soon as the weapon leaves his fingers, he moves to flank the beast.

 



 
__________________
Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she / her / hers
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 05:50 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
1 Peter 2:24
Good People  

Ancient Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2007  

Hall of Fame DM 2008  

Hall of Fame 2013
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2021
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 56,730
The shuriken hit true, though it bounced off of the demon's hard skin with minimal damage. Even as Templeton watched, the slight scrape he had won started to heal over.

The snake creature didn't even flinch, h̴̩e͚̪̺̺͍r̴̺͍̯ grin just slipped into a new level of nastiness as sͥͦh͚̺̬̱̦̬̟ͤ̉̓e turned to follow Templeton's movement.

"Y̶̶o͠u̸ ҉s̸ȩ͏e͝m̷ ͜t̷̨o̴̢ ̷͘t̡̀͜hi̕͞nk͢ hig̨҉̴h̡̧͢ly̨̕ ̴̶̡o̕͜f͞ y̷̷͘ò͏͜u͜rs҉̵͟e͝l̢͟f́, ͜͝l͜iţ̴t̀l̴̕͡è̛ ̕̕͝w̡or̷m͡҉̸.̕͝ ͏ ̵̨H̸͟͞o͡͏w̧ ̛̛͢a̧bout̨ ̷yoư̸ ̶̨us̢̛͜e̸͝͠ ̴t̴̀h͝o̸͡se̡̛ ͜͢͡s͘k̨͠͏i̸l̷̶ļs̵҉ t̨́o̸͟ ̡d̸̀͝o ̵s͝o͏m̛͜͡e̴t̕͟͡h̸͞í͟n҉g̛ ̴͜ú̢͏ś̀̕e̷͜f͏ul͜͝?"

Suddenly, all the chaos and horror that he had endured before came back twice as hard, and Templeton felt lost. The only thing he could see was that to stop the pain, to escape the horror - he needed to dominated (save ends)
=> must spend a single action to attack Vrezhe next turn (with an at-will attack).
take that that kobold down!

With the rogue dealt with, their enemy raised two pairs of h̴̼̯̒e̼̮͖͍͗̋͑͆ͪ͡ṛ̐̾͋̒̐̐ͦ hands to the sky, and four bolts of dark lightning-like energy struck the rooftop. Each hit with a crackle and clap, and left behind a shadowy figure - a wraith! Slowly, they formed, looking to one of the heroes each, and started towards their targets...


OOCEveryone can act (or not, if you are stunned...)!
Escalation die +0



 
__________________
Hugga asks: Super Fantasy Brawl?
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
=>> ...back to flooding, now...<<=

Last edited by hvg3akaek; Feb 2nd, 2021 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 01:09 AM
The Third's Avatar
The Third The Third is offline
Very Young Vampire
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2021
RPXP: 3327
The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third The Third
Posts: 1,839
Ripping his mind out of the cloudy fog, Marcan leaps behind the demon, cursing both their tormentor and one of h̡̘̺̟̻̳̉́̇ȩͥͬ͊̋̀̚r̯ͯ new minions. With only enough time for a single blast, he aims at the multi-limbed horror, and hopes that the blinding light will slow ẖͨ͊͒͝ͅe̯̟̖̱̘r̝͉̖̦̣̠͛̒̊ down a little...

Meanwhile, Shiva finally breaks free of her own mental prison, spends a few moments looking about at the state of things, and prepares to leap into combat.


 
__________________
Currently Playing: Scorcherer Ithyromelle, Marcan, and Ireena.
Allan, Ethronon, Othatheth, and Jones, not so much.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB