Game Thread Chapter 1: Beginning of the Lost Company - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Yeohven: Fall from Grace
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Jun 25th, 2022, 11:59 PM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Currently
Date 14th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1539 CE
Time Afternoon
Location Steyside - The Suspected Troll Cave
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: The Fungus Grove”

Combat: Round 1


Bedlam initiated almost immediately. And it went poorly. Very very poorly.

“Powder” attempts to fire a firebolt at the first gobin in the cave, but the creature ducks out of the way, the mushroom singed by the mote of flame. Lena quickly moves into position and tries to attack the goblin with her own attack, but nimbly this goblin moves out of the way and swings around the fungus branches, moving with a nimbleness that was typical of their race, their feet and legs offering as much mobility options as their hands and arms. This also left Weavel with little to attack as after he stabbed, the goblin stepped out of the way as well and danced further away from this new attacker, rushing to join its other comrade.

Meanwhile, “Fairy”, emboldened by her previous success at casting a spell for the very first time against the oozes, goes through the exact same process again. At least she believes it is the exact same. However… something went wrong. Very, very wrong. As soon as she completed her gesture, she knew it wasn’t what was supposed to happen. Instead of the divine fire that was supposed to burn the Goblin away, instead she felt the oddest sensation, as her spell-scroll tube, her pack, her pockets even, all began to leak out sand. And a lot of it. By the second sand was just pouring out of every “container” she possibly had on her.

Keeping her attention focused on the Goblin ahead of her, Corporal “Cooler” ran ahead to try and cut the creature down and bring a swift end to this conflict. But to her dismay, the creature just jumped out of the way and spun around some of the mushrooms, moving further and further away from her.

Meanwhile, “Faraway” was perhaps a little more practiced in whatever mystical arts she had been perfecting, and the eldritch blast that hit into the Goblin from behind was devastating. The creature yelled out in pain as its left arm hung uselessly from its shoulder, a tangle of skin, bone, and mass just hanging limply from the socket. The goblin warrior bit down on its tongue and looked over its shoulder with hatred-filled eyes at “Faraway”.

”The Lost of the Lost Company…”

Darkness.

Dropped torches stamped out or picked up and taken with survivors. Water, grime, flow following through cavern.

Patron.

Swimming was of little issue before. It is even less now.

The current pulled towards a drop. Could be fatal, but there was not going to be a need for that. There was much to do. And life was precious. Life must…

There. More bodies. Smashed against the rocks. Movement in the chamber beyond. Humanoids… some familiar. The company!

And almost tripping over a body below, looking down, it couldn’t be.

“Guppy” looked upon the face of “Fisher”, and the pain at seeing someone who saved him earlier lying dead here was… soil crushing for Buzz.

Kori’s eyes shot open and breath entered her body as if it had been drowning for hours, the sweet, cold, and foul smelling air entering her lungs too slow for her preference.

Standing above her, Buzz, the young halfling she saved, who had died amongst the cave paintings… dried blood on his upper lip beneath his nose and down each cheek from his ears.

How?

Then the screams could be heard, and the call about Goblins.

There was work to be done…




”OOC” Muahaha.

 




__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 10:56 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz Wagonelle "Reborn"Buzz gathered himself from the cavern floor, brushing the filth from his clothes. Looking upon the paintings with a smirk across his face, The Guppy gathered his boarding knife from the ground, bowed his head to the black serpent above, and made his way though the caverns.
So many bodies, so much death, but why...
Buzz traversed dark passages, greeted late companions, and looked upon dead unknown. Out of the Dark the reborn halfling stubbled, toppling him end over end. The body of his friend and savior, an unsuspecting half elf he never knew the name of, rest in peace. Valiant sole.
Eyes wide open, she lives... she breaths. Life takes hold of the corpse!
The Guppy startles back, surprised, yet also relieved. His friend is among the living, and that is a grand gift.
"Let us continue on our grand journey friend, my apologies, I never learnt your name."

GGG...GOBLINS! Buzz hears a screech from the distance. Leaving the half elf behind, the halfling warrior dashes through the conscripts, some familiar, and some new. Finding his way into a forest of glowing mushrooms and aggressive goblin like creatures, a elven hunter prepares his bow... Step closer my friend and I'll make your arrow double in injury. The formerly meek Guppy reaches out towards the Elves arrow with an arm ignited with black and purple electricity, sumed shoulder to finger tip consumed in energy, new confidence tracing through his veins.
"Aim true valiant hunter"


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Whaler

Hit Points: 6/6 | AC: 9 | Init: +0 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons: Boarding Knife(spear) 1d6/d8(V) P, Range20/60 feet

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | MartialWeapons | noneTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving


ActionsMove 25 feet
Dash 25 Feet
Reaction: Charge Fallas' Arrow with shocking grasp (attempt)
Dice Shocking Grasp Projectile Charge to Hit:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9

Last edited by BionicEwok; Jun 27th, 2022 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 03:18 AM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2024
RPXP: 6129
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,449
Astrid "Powder" Hearth
right-aligned image

Powder blushed somewhat at Faraway's compliment,"Hmm, there's no need for that, it was luck. I barely had it in me to cast such a spell. But, I almost felt our magic intertwining, though it's a bit unfortunate my spell missed." she says, somewhat frustrated at her failed attempt. She concentrated once more, the goblin that Faraway hit was once jumpy and quick, but thanks to the loss of its arm he was slower. Astrid aimed and let out a
Dice * Spell DC 18:
1d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16

Oof, meant 14
Dice * Firebolt:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16

Dice * Fire Dmg:
1d10 3
small bolt of flame which hit the creature square on the chest. He landed on the field of fungi and combusted to smoldering ashes,"... Did I hit it?" she says, shocked at how she killed the strange creature.


Lena
right-aligned image


Lena looks toward the now burnt up corpse of the goblin and the currently unharmed goblin,"... Oh dear, it seems I can't reach him. I'll need a brave hero, or otherwise shady character to help do my deed." she says as she forcefully grabs the weaselly looking character and shoves him past the fungal growth. She then pats on his back,"I believe in you, out of everyone here I chose you because you are far stronger than anyone else in this army." she says a completely fabricated truth to increase the likely chance for this character to die.


Weavel
right-aligned image

Weavel felt like giving up seeing as these goblins are way too fast for him to even fight. He simply wants to go back to his life of conning and gossiping to others. However, this elf lady is constantly supporting for his death. He doesn't understand why she kept letting him do the fighting.

"I believe in you, out of everyone here I chose you because you are far stronger than anyone else in this army."

What, she believes me. She thinks Weavel is strong. he thought, those were words that no one has ever said to him. Especially coming from a pretty lady,"Yes, Weavel will fight, Weavel will show goblin that he the strongest. Ahhhh!!" he says as he shouts out his own battle cry which still sounds like a little girls. But the goblin was certainly surprised as some random human charging out of the fungal growths with a club in hand. Weavel used that momentum to
Dice * Weavel's Time To Shine:
2d20+2kh1 (4, 20 (keeping 20) )+2 Total = 22

Dice * Club Dmg:
1d4 1

Dice * Crit Dmg:
1d4 3
clunk him right on the eyes, bruising the goblin's face,"... Weavel did it. Now it's time for a heroic retre -- Guhk!" he says, about to retreat but then stops in his tracks as a strong arm hangs around his neck and starts choking him.

"Hey, hey, hey, are you really going to leave little ol me to fend off this still alive goblin. I want you to defend me with your life if you have to, so go ahead and stay for awhile." the elf woman says in a somewhat calming voice that amps up her threat a bit. She lets go of Weavel, who is completely horrified at his predicament. He cursed internally for trusting this elf's words and beautiful features,"So this is how Weavel dies. Not by goblins, muggers or coppers. But by an elf with a pickaxe, what God have Weavel angered to deserve this punishment."



OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 2/2 AC: 10 Initiative: +1 Speed: 30ft
Str: 9 Dex: 12 Con: 10 Int: 8 Wis: 11 Cha: 13
Skills: Arcana
Spell: Firebolt
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Equipment: Chisel (as dagger), bag filled with clay, pocket-size book coated in thick wax, Mushrooms, Scroll Case
Note: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...64#post9493464

Initiative: 9
Move:
Action: Cast Firebolt on Goblin Minion 1


Statblock
Name: Lena Thornwood
Race: High Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 6/6 AC: 12 Initiative: +2 Speed: 30ft
Str: 13 Dex: 14 Con: 16 Int: 15 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Equipment: Worn leather dice pouch embroidered with your initials, Small rock pick (as handaxe), assorted gemstones worth 20 sp
Note:

Initiative:10
Move: to goblins
Action: Help to Weavel



Statblock
Name: Weavel
Race: Human
Senses:
HP: 4/4 AC: 11 Initiative: +1 Speed: 30ft
Str: 11 Dex: 13 Con: 14 Int: 12 Wis: 8 Cha: 11
Feature:
Equipment: Club, ragged cloak, A glass jar wrapped in strips of black leather. It contains a pair of large, lazy bees.
Note:

Initiative: 15
Move: To Goblins
Action: Critical Club Attack on Goblin 2



Last edited by Onward; Jun 27th, 2022 at 03:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Aotyr's Avatar
Aotyr Aotyr is offline
Slave to an abusive Muse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 606
Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr
Posts: 422
Enijin Drakejaw
right-aligned image
Chaos erupted, and the dwarf quickly took stock of the crowded cavern, the disorienting, colorful mushroom growths and combat; a spell user throwing fire, another abruptly spewing sand out of pockets and containers in some bizarre mishap that made dwarven face scrunch under thick, coarse beard. ****in' -dweomer- slingers. Unpredictable and dangerous, s'what THAT was!! But he knew what he could rely on, and his meaty fist tightened around morning star as he grunted a sour- "Goblins issit!?! Nasty lil' buggers!" as he closed as best he could around the crowd of bodies between he and the two beleaguered goblins.
Nessin Buruda
right-aligned image
The dark haired halfling surged forward, jerking his short sword free, not a stranger to combat, though it was more frequently on rolling decks or salt-warped dockside boards outside low quality taverns of questionable repute. There were only two goblins that he saw, and the conscripts around him seemed to outnumber them by several factors, but he'd help out as best he could; that the battle was heavily in their favor was the kind of favor the gods and good luck provided, and he wasn't going to look askance at either!
Seryozha Saenes
left-aligned image
His hand shot out as the Halfling nearby meant to close, dark gaze observing the magic users, the ruined arm dangling from one of the goblin's sockets, and the sheer number of recruits closer to the threats between them.. a fist balled loosely in the shoulder fabric of Nessin's top."Wait a minute, little friend; this is gonna sort itself out, aye?"

The halfling was blinking, shrugging shoulder stiffly to roll it out of the stranger's grip, a tense politeness to his tone and tipped chin; well versed in being treated like a lesser person for being smaller, and having to set people straight that having less mass wasn't an invitation to be treated like less of a person. He was holding a short sword, after all. "An' if we were the ones nearest the goblins, 'friend'?"

Seryozha smiled charmingly, shoulders bobbed, that dark steel walking stick curled with sigils and runes still propped against thereagainst casually as he stared down. His hand having retreated, fingers fanned pacifyingly. "A different story then. But not the story now; let them have their glory. Our turn'll come soon enough. And every opportunity doesn't end happily; the corpses behind us are a testament to the riches 'bravery' brings."
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 09:29 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Helga Bloodthane

With no answer to her questions, just a terrible amount of noise coming from the mushroom chamber, Helga cursed. Somehow she’d been left out of the again. She pressed forward, stumbling only when she realized she'd nearly tread right over top a smallish halfling with a manic grin and a purpleish lightning zipping around his fingertips. "Eh, sorry there fella, you know what they say about big feet," she sent him a grin and a wink and swaggered closer to the commotion, next to a dwarf man she vaguely recognized from her unit.

“Point me toward glory, eh?” she grinned and hefted her sword, doing her best to decipher the threat that had everyone so excited. So far all she could see was a pair of goblins, one badly injured. “Where’s the real fight?” She demanded. She hefted the sword again, ready for the first enemy to come within range.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Helga Bloodthane
Dwarf militia officer

Hit Points: 4 | AC: 12 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25' | Proficiency Bonus: +2
Str:9 | Dex : 12 | Con: 11 | Int: 15 | Wis: 8 | Cha: 16

Weapons: longsword and buckler shield

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | noneWeapons | noneTools | CommonLanguages

Equipment:

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 09:47 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori AKA Fisher
Kori blinked. Breath filled her lungs. Breath and pain. She looked down to her chest, where the spire had impaled her to find...nothing. Just as the woman from the mist had promised. A face appeared before her.

"Let us continue on our grand journey friend, my apologies, I never learnt your name." The halfing spoke. The very same halfling she had watched perish before her eyes. What...

Ahead cries of distress pulled the younger man’s attention and then he was gone, sliding through the tunnels toward certain doom.

She straightened, allowing herself one panicked breath before practicality took over. ‘go back and be who you are, Fate will do the rest.’ she remembered the command. She lived, and though she wasn’t quite certain she understood the reason behind it, she knew she shouldn’t waste what she’d been given. she looked the direction the halfling had fled, she’d failed him once...

“Halfling....Guppy, wait...” she called after him following as closely as she could, dashing to keep up with his nimble form. Because, perhaps, she’d been given a chance at redemption.

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 7 | AC: 15 | Init: +2 | Speed: 30' | Proficiency Bonus: +2
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 15 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Weapons: none

Proficiencies & Traits: Dex saving throws (total) (+4) Perception (total) (+5) Athletics (total) (+4) noneArmor | noneWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | noneTools | CommonLanguages

Equipment:


__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 02:48 PM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Currently
Date 14th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1539 CE
Time Afternoon
Location Steyside - The Suspected Troll Cave
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: The Fungus Grove”

Combat: Round 1

right-aligned image



The goblin warrior that was hit by “Faraway”’s blast looked at the spellcaster with murderous eyes, and used its nimble arms to swig from one toadstool cap to another, landing on the ground and weaving through the legs or around the torso of every intervening person without so much as a swipe on their person, and then
Dice Goblin 1 vs Faraway:
1d20+4sch11 (6)+4 Total = 10
slashes at “Faraway”’s inner thigh before backpeddaling back within the mushroom forest, and rolling to a large fungal growth, but finding itself in the middle of Lena, Weavel, and Fallas.

Meanwhile the other goblin rushes through the fungal growths along the cave wall, manages to squeeze just behind Weavel and
Dice Goblin 2 shortsword vs Weavel:
2d20+4kh1sch11 (14, 8 (keeping 14) )+4 Total = 18
1d6+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
slashes at the diminutive rogue’s backside while he is distracted by the first goblin warrior, and rolls to a stop between Fallas and Lena, supporting its goblinoid companion. Weavel feels as though the shortsword slash to his back must have cut something vital, as he feels himself getting weak with bloodloss as it pools beneath his feet.






”OOC” Alright, let’s see how long these gobos last.

 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 11.36.35 AM.png
Views:	43
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	96286  
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Jul 4th, 2022 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 06:35 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2024
RPXP: 6129
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,449
Astrid "Powder" Hearth
right-aligned image

Powder blushed somewhat at Faraway's compliment,"Hmm, there's no need for that, it was luck. I barely had it in me to cast such a spell. But, I almost felt our magic intertwining, though it's a bit unfortunate my spell missed." she says, somewhat frustrated at her failed attempt. She concentrated once more, the goblin that Faraway hit was once jumpy and quick, but thanks to the loss of its arm he was slower. Astrid aimed and let out a
Dice * Spell DC 18:
1d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16

Oof, meant 14
Dice * Firebolt:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16

Dice * Fire Dmg:
1d10 3
small bolt of flame which hit the creature square on the chest. He landed on the field of fungi and combusted to smoldering ashes,"... Did I hit it?" she says, shocked at how she killed the strange creature.


Lena
right-aligned image


Lena looks toward the now burnt up corpse of the goblin and the currently unharmed goblin,"... Oh dear, his rather close. I'll need a brave hero, or otherwise shady character to help do my distressful self." she says as she forcefully grabs the weaselly looking character and shoves him past the fungal growth. She then pats on his back,"I believe in you, out of everyone here I chose you because you are far stronger than anyone else in this army." she says a completely fabricated truth to increase the likely chance for this character to die.


Weavel
right-aligned image

Weavel felt like giving up seeing as these goblins as his currently bleeding out, his certain that he would die. He wished in his last moments to go back to his life of conning and gossiping to others. However, this elf lady is constantly supporting for his death. He doesn't understand why she kept letting him do the fighting.

"I believe in you, out of everyone here I chose you because you are far stronger than anyone else in this army."

What, she believes me. She thinks Weavel is strong. he thought, those were words that no one has ever said to him. Especially coming from a pretty lady,"Yes, Weavel will fight, Weavel will show goblin that he the strongest. Ahhhh!!" he says as he shouts out his own battle cry which still sounds like a little girls. But the goblin was certainly surprised as some random human charging out of the fungal growths with a club in hand. Weavel used that momentum to
Dice * Weavel's Time To Shine:
2d20+2kh1 (4, 20 (keeping 20) )+2 Total = 22

Dice * Club Dmg:
1d4 1

Dice * Crit Dmg:
1d4 3
clunk him right on the eyes, bruising the goblin's face,"... Weavel did it. Now it's time for a heroic retre -- huh?!" he says, but then notices the elf lady was further away from her, he realized she left as soon as he struck the goblin.

"Sorry luv, but if you look away from your opponent, he'll take that opportunity to kill you. So do me a favor and drop dead, kay." she says in a calming voice that amps up her threat a bit.

He cursed internally for trusting this elf's words and beautiful features,"So this is how Weavel dies. Not by goblins, muggers or coppers. But by an elf with a pickaxe, what God have Weavel angered to deserve this punishment."



OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 2/2 AC: 10 Initiative: +1 Speed: 30ft
Str: 9 Dex: 12 Con: 10 Int: 8 Wis: 11 Cha: 13
Skills: Arcana
Spell: Firebolt
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Equipment: Chisel (as dagger), bag filled with clay, pocket-size book coated in thick wax, Mushrooms, Scroll Case
Note: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...64#post9493464

Initiative: 9
Move:
Action: Cast Firebolt on Goblin Minion 1


Statblock
Name: Lena Thornwood
Race: High Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 6/6 AC: 12 Initiative: +2 Speed: 30ft
Str: 13 Dex: 14 Con: 16 Int: 15 Wis: 14 Cha: 10
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Equipment: Worn leather dice pouch embroidered with your initials, Small rock pick (as handaxe), assorted gemstones worth 20 sp
Note:

Initiative:10
Action: Help to Weavel
Move: Also using Diversion to back away



Statblock
Name: Weavel
Race: Human
Senses:
HP: 1/4 AC: 11 Initiative: +1 Speed: 30ft
Str: 11 Dex: 13 Con: 14 Int: 12 Wis: 8 Cha: 11
Feature:
Equipment: Club, ragged cloak, A glass jar wrapped in strips of black leather. It contains a pair of large, lazy bees.
Note:

Initiative: 15
Move:
Action: Critical Club Attack on Goblin 2


Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 10:36 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Jack-O-BeeThe proper halfling, no longer mesmerized by fungi, stood terrified by the goblins and the deeds at hand.
I don't know beans about fighting...
As the thought lingered, Jack-O-Bee considered of fleeing, but found himself surrounded by the other conscriptees and the threat closest to him disappeared into a pile of flame and ash. Darting his gaze side to side with quickening breath, and nowhere to go, Jack panic
Dice Roll to hit improvised throwing weapon crowbar:
1d20-2 (17)-2 Total = 15
threw the only thing in his hands... a crowbar directly at the remaining goblin.
Jack-O-Bee watched as the crowbar flew end over end, Weavel retracted his club from the creatures face, and... in Jack-O's amazement the iron bar
Dice improvised projectile damage:
1d4 4
landed square between the goblins gross, yellow eyes.
The small beast's eyes slowly rolled back into its head as its body waivered, Jack-O-Bee stood in udder astonishment...
"It hit... it hit him... IT HIT!" Grinning from ear to ear, the baffled halfing was lost of what to do.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Jack-o-bee Bramblebeam
Halfling Cooper

Hit Points: 3/3 | AC: 7 | Init: -2 | Speed: 25'
Str:11 (+0) | Dex: 7 (-2) | Con: 11 (+0) | Int: 15 (+2) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Crowbar (Club) 1d4 Bludgeoning, Light

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | noneWeapons | noneTools | CommonLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | After an ally you can see or hear hits a creature within 5 feet of you with a melee weapon attack, you can move up to half your speed as a reaction. The target of the attack can’t use their reaction to make an opportunity attack against you.Diversion

Equipment: Charred Idol of a crow like being, Empty wooden barrel

Last edited by BionicEwok; Jul 4th, 2022 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 11:41 PM
ElderOblex's Avatar
ElderOblex ElderOblex is offline
E X • N O X • L U X
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2024
RPXP: 21071
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Posts: 3,567
Hack looked up dumbly, busy as he was carefully examining and collecting the departed's effects. All he could do was furrow his brow and think out loud,

"Where'd they come from?"

After such a shameful display of his lack of marksmanship, Fallas faltered away from the mushrooms, his cheeks red and warm with shame. He wanted nothing more than to run all the way away from all this mess, but the presence of so many eyes on him - or so he thought - perished that possibility.

Nah, he thought as the goblins dodged and weaved and somehow found their way within his arm's reach, I gotta prove meself!

And that was what the elf poser did. Though what exactly it was he proved, as he dropped his bow and swung at the goblins with his rune-covered staff, remained to be seen.

"Ya luck ends now, ya slippery goon!"

As he poised to strike however, Fallas noticed on of the goblins now lying in a burning heap, while a loud thunk made the other one slump to the ground. The elf "hunter"'s eyes were drawn to the offending object, which apparently, was a crowbar.

He looked to the halfling who had flung it, a stupid grin of relief on Fallas' face.

"N-nice throw, bud!"

Golden eyes widened in shock as one of the goblins suddenly rolled towards Faraway and slashed at her robe-covered thigh. The elf mage's apprentice inhaled sharply as the knife ripped the fabric... but somehow didn't manage to rip her skin.

Faraway breathed for an eternity, then refocused. These creatures were murderous, mindless beasts; they would not be the death of her!

Or were they? Mindless?

Eldritch magic started to form in her fingers, but Faraway hesitated. Fairy was leaking sand. Somehow the elf knew something had gone wrong with her magic. Faraway had been lucky so far, but how long before that luck ran out?
She started shuffling away, brushing past the others in an effort to put distance between herself and the goblins.

She needn't have troubled herself, since both goblins now lay dead.

Faraway hugged herself, still reeling from her very real and not at all theoretical brush with death.



OOC
Hack's Action: STILL looting the corpse: 10sp, shortbow, mace, scroll case, ring (since I think he already acted for this round)

ROUND 2:
Fallas'
Movement: 1 square down, drop longbow
Action: draw staff, try to hit GW1 w/ flanking:
Dice Roll:
2d20+1sch15kh1 (13, 5 (keeping 13) )+1 Total = 14
(14)
Reaction: Use Diversion - if applicable - to move 15 away from GM1

Faraway's Movement: Move 3 squares west
Action: Dodge, in case the gobs are still alive
Reaction:



EO's Tributes
 
__________________
"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

Status: On the road to recovery!

Last edited by ElderOblex; Jul 5th, 2022 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 08:31 AM
Aotyr's Avatar
Aotyr Aotyr is offline
Slave to an abusive Muse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 606
Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr
Posts: 422
Enijin Drakejaw
right-aligned image
Dark dwarven eyes were widened, mouth slightly slack amid the dense growth of magnificent autumn-and-birch stained beard, as the violence within the cave piqued; goblins moving almost too swiftly to see between and over legs, bolting through fungal blooms and damp rock walls. Faraway's thigh narrowly missing an arterial opening as cloth neatly gave way to goblin's swipe, another man far less fortunate as Goblin adeptly positioned behind and opened his back up in a splattering of hot copper. Enijin shoved and cajoled his way through some of the others between him (assuming half value movement through occupied 'friendly' spaces? >.>) with a bellowed "Gods damned GOBLINS!!!" and hefted his shield as he swung morningstar at Goblin Warrior 1.
Dice Morningstar attack:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
. His swing entirely having missed, and the bloodied, snarling goblin darting out of range as Enijin recovered from the slightly off-balance side step of his terrible swing. >.>

 
Nessin Buruda
right-aligned image
Gnome's eyes were likewise widened, a noise in his throat in horror at the goblin slashing at various members of the militia. Little fingers gripped the hilt of short sword tightly, a nervous wetting of his teeth behind lips, torn in indecision between bravery and waiting for an opening, under the pretense of the half-elf's fingers gripping his shirt's fabric at his shoulder. The conflict between doing what was probably morally right, and the earnest desire for self-preservation and fear embracing the excuse that he was 'stopped' by someone else, and there were so many people between them and the goblins to even get to... the goblins would be dead before he could reach them anyway, he told himself."We should really be helping, with all of us, the goblins don't stand a chance! We outnumber them like.." he trailed off, free hand quickly tapping fingertips to each other as he glanced around in gnomish distraction. "7 to 1!"
 
Seryozha Saenes
left-aligned image
The half-elf's nose creased as he grimaced, handsome face sharply half-averted in the provoked wince as he watched a halfling throw a goddamn crowbar end over end into goblin's face, and lovely elven woman lob a bolt of flame into another's chest, reducing it to a twitching, badly burned corpse. His free hand still clutching gnome's shirt atop shoulder like a parent forestalling energetic child; the poor man looked like he had the common issue with morality that so many well intended people died from. Maybe fear wouldn't be enough to keep him from charging into the fray like the dwarf shouting about goblins had. Maybe giving him an excuse to rationalize his not helping was the only way he had of saving the little guy's life right now, frankly. But Seryozha was gripping his black iron banded walking stick a little tighter, as his gaze darted here and there, following the energetic remaining goblins. If they got through, he'd be ready... but he wasn't any more eager to die for a bunch of strangers than they were for him.
 

Last edited by Aotyr; Jul 5th, 2022 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 09:42 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Libbe aka FairyLibbe looked down at her hands in shock. She’d been sure, so sure. She’d done it the exact same as the last time, hadn’t she?

Weight suddenly accosted her, a heaviness that centered around the pockets of her robes, and her small pack, and her scroll case, as if someone had filled them to the brim with...sand began to trickle, and then pour from the various openings it poured, and poured, and poured. Her feet were buried in a matter of seconds, shock and confusion overtaken quickly by desperation and survival.

“Ah,” she muttered, “oh Gods...whhaa...sand?” She stepped back, the granular pile spilling after her. And still sand poured from everywhere. She cast her gaze around swallowing against the fear rising within her. What was happening? What...what if it never stopped? What if she leaked sand forever? She’d be buried alive!

She would sit down and cry if she wasn’t so terrified, and if it wouldn’t immediately cause her certain death. The goblins were forgotten altogether as she backed away in measured steps waiting...hoping that the sand would cease.

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Libbe Reinald
Human Mage’s apprentice

Hit Points: 4 | AC: 11 | Init: +2 | Speed: 30' | Proficiency Bonus: +2
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 15 (+2)

Weapons: quarterstaff

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | noneWeapons | noneTools | CommonLanguages |

Equipment: 1 spell scroll with a cantrip

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 09:48 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Helga Bloodthane

“I’ve got ‘im!” Helga bellowed from the mass of conscripts and militia. Truthfully she wasn’t sure she did have him. These were some sort of spidery cave goblin with more nimble limbs than she’d ever seen. A bit creepy that.

Still, she charged forth, stomping large feet over various fungi and pushing others aside with her broad hips, until she neared enough for a
Dice longsword melee attack:
1d20 9
strike.

"****," she grunted as the creature easily dodged out of the way. "Slippery bastards. Oy!," she glanced behind her at the others, "get in here and help me corner the bugger! He wont be running for long."

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Helga Bloodthane
Dwarf militia officer

Hit Points: 4 | AC: 12 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25' | Proficiency Bonus: +2
Str:9 | Dex : 12 | Con: 11 | Int: 15 | Wis: 8 | Cha: 16

Weapons: longsword and buckler shield

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | noneWeapons | noneTools | CommonLanguages

Equipment:

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Jul 5th, 2022 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 09:18 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori AKA Fisher
Kori watched the dwarf and her attempt at a strike. Oddly she found her muscles tensing, the instinct of when to strike, of when to dodge.
She assessed the situation, somehow calculating the likelihood of injury vs action.
One thing she knew, she needed to try. It wasn’t just the halfling she was drawn to protect but all the others as well. She ran to the goblin, struggling through the mushrooms and, lacking a weapon, struck with her fist. Some instinct telling her when and how to
Dice Kori roll to hit:
d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
strike.

The goblin was more agile than she thought. Maybe what she'd calculated in her head was simply imagination. She recovered quickly though and
Dice Kori's bonus action:
d20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
stuck again.

She hesitated. This had not gone at all like what she knew it should have.

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 7 | AC: 15 | Init: +2 | Speed: 30' | Proficiency Bonus: +2
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 15 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Weapons: none

Proficiencies & Traits: Dex saving throws (total) (+4) Perception (total) (+5) Athletics (total) (+4) noneArmor | noneWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | noneTools | CommonLanguages

Equipment:


__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Jul 9th, 2022 at 09:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 10:28 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Corporal CoolerRolling her eyes at the failed attempt of the dwarven men(?) Sylnelis advanced towards the failing goblin. There was a perfect chance to flank the little bugger,
"I've been sober way to long, lets finish this and get back to the tavern."
Gripping her longsword with both hands Cooler heaved it over her head and brought it
Dice To hit with advantage for flanking:
2d20+2kh1 (3, 10 (keeping 10) )+2 Total = 12
down upon the poor creature.
"Die foul beast..." Sylnelis was astonished when her sword hit soil and fungus. The goblin must of fainted from blood loss, it fell to the ground but not from the strike. The goblin held its hand up, motioning towards the Elf to stop whilst having a devious grin across its grubby, green face... mocking her failure.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Sylnelis Greenwish
Elf Militia Officer

Hit Points: 3/4 | AC: 11 | Init: +0 | Speed: 30'
Str:14 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 11 (+0) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 9 (-1) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Weapons: Longsword 1d8/d10(V) S, Buckler Shield(AC+2)

Proficiencies & Traits: +4Athletics noneArmor | noneWeapons | noneTools | CommonLanguages| You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim lightDarkvision | Proficiency in Perception Skill.Keen Senses| Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, magic can not put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry| Elves don't sleep, they meditate deeply. 4 hours of meditation is equivalent to 8 hours of human sleep.Trance | When an ally you can see or hear hits a creature within 5 feet of you with a melee weapon attack, you can use
your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the target. On a hit, instead of suffering the normal effects of your attack, the target takes damage of your weapon’s type equal to the ability modifier used for your attack roll. Hit or miss, both you and your ally can move up to half your speed to an unoccupied space within 5 feet of the target.
Cross Strike

Equipment: Leather dice pouch embroidered with initials, torch, 1 ration, Fire mushroom, 2 unknown mushrooms, tarot cards

Last edited by BionicEwok; Jul 9th, 2022 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB