Game Thread Chapter 3: Castle Rend - Fire Upon the Keep - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Yeohven: Fall from Grace
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 04:16 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Chapter 3: Castle Rend - Fire Upon the Keep

Currently
Date 15th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1539 - 1542 CE
Time Afternoon
Location A bit of here, a bit of there….
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: The inbetween years…”

The survivors of the Steyside Troll incident were faced with a choice given by none other than the ruler of Rach’Dinai himself, Grand Duke Bray Bedegar: they were free to retire from military service with generous compensation for their trials and sacrifice, many receiving funds equal to several year’s pay in many of their pre-draft professions; or they would be promoted and trained in what would become an elite unit answerable only to the Grand Duke himself.

As explained by Captain Finneas Brimswell, the Grand Duke is looking for a unit of elite soldiers that function outside the typical military chain of command… watchers for the watchmen as it were. The Grand Duke had progressive plans to revitalize his nation, and the security of Rach’Dinai was paramount to allow other areas of their society to flourish. With resources being directed to the front line, or negotiations with their neighbors always through the lens of “dealing with the Barrens”, it was nearly impossible for any effective advances to be made to help his people.

Thus, The Lost Company as an idea had been formed… and Captain Brimswell saw potential in the Survivors of Steyside. The travel from Steyside to Bedegar’s Keep was long… and exhausting, but they managed the journey in short order. Brimswell had designed a training regimen that would see each untrained member of the Company become an elite soldier, capable of managing most soldiers' tasks, and then specializing in whatever they found themselves to excel at.

right-aligned image
The four best in the group were unsurprising: Kori “Butcher”, Astrid “Dreamer”, Buzz “Pike”, and Kilaterial “Progress”. What was surprising, at least to many of the trainers, was how special these individuals were. Each one was touched in some way by the experience in Steyside, it was difficult to find appropriate trainers for them at all.

Quote:
- Kori with Brimswell, less combat training and more officer training
- Astrid with a Bard from a foreign college (Dragonborn)
- Buzz with a wild sorcerer and dragon sorcerer, trying to figure out what the hell he is
- Kilaterial with a traveling wizard who oversees a few towns, and offers wisdom rather than other training.
 
As the training comes to a close, washouts are given their severance, squads are formed, and the elite, mostly secret Company who has come to be called the “Lost Company” is formed. Each unit is given the personal seal of Grand Duke Bray Bedegar to aid them with authority equivalent to a ranking noble of the region. They’ve been trained to not abuse the political power such an emblem holds, and perhaps most importantly, to hardly rely on it. The seal will open doors, but sometimes traps exist beyond those doors.

left-aligned image
For their first assignment, Captain Brimwell sends the company as a whole to serve as an attachment to a newly formed company under the command of Captain Lufir Dustrage. The group bristles under the prospect of serving with the man again, but Captain Brimswell makes the objective simple: you’re there to serve and save the populace from goblin incursions. The people who rely on the Grand Duke for protection. The purpose of the Lost Company is to root out corruption within the ranks and serve on the side of justice, not vengeance.

With the pep-talk over, the Company proceeds to march North to the border with the Barrens, scheduled to join with the insufferable Captain Lufir’s regiment in just over a week.

The campaign is long, and through it all the Company must suffer through the elitism and classist toxicity that seems to pervade through much of Lufir’s command structure. While technically under separate authority, the Lost Company was given the cover identity of a totally different unit, and Kori who was perhaps going to be the most visible to Captain Lufir as the ranking officer over the Company, was gifted a plague-mask to wear, reminiscent of Raven motifs to boot. Besides obscuring her features, most pansy elitist types would avoid her due to associations with plague-work.

The company was tasked predominantly with scouting and reconnaissance tasks… at least when they were put to efficient use and managed to negotiate their way into some autonomy. Otherwise, Captain Lufir used them like most other regimented units: bodies on field to fire a bow or swing a sword. As far as the group could tell it was very apparent that the goblins inconsistent incursions lended more to preventing a full invasion of Rach’dinai rather than anything the armed forces arrayed were doing. There seemed to be little strategic consistency with the goblinoid incursions, and almost always led to a nearly complete decimation of the goblin forces… Captain Lufir’s standing orders were no goblin prisoners, despite the Company’s best efforts.

After several skirmishes and a few specific missions behind enemy lines (some particularly difficult that a pessimistic soldier would have thought were meant to kill their unit in action), the Company had been called back to Bedegar’s Keep where a new assignment was awaiting their arrival. It hadn’t taken long before Kori recognized the coat of arms upon the elaborately detailed wooden coach, which was parked within the courtyard of Bedegar’s Keep.

Baroness Lyrie Balmys of Londe’aux, from the Elven Duchy of Que’mos’aut to the South-East of Rach’Dinai’s southern border, was paying a diplomatic visit to Grand Duke Bedegar. Their new assignment was to escort the Baroness from Bedegar’s Keep back to her home in Londe’aux, upon special request from the Baroness herself. There had been some intense negotiations and talks of continued support for Rach’Dinai’s efforts in repelling goblinoids from The Barrens, and Baroness Lyrie Balmys had long been a supporter of the nation and their efforts as a bulwark in joint protection with the larger Kingdom of Naofial. Serving as a small escort to attract less attention, Kori, Kil, Buzz, and Astrid make their way riding the elaborate coach to Londe’aux. However, the journey becomes complicated when en-route the group is attacked by goblinoids, surprisingly far from the frontlines of The Barrens, and they manage to kidnap and escape with the Baroness.

The group must give a hot pursuit to the goblins, and eventually find themselves sneaking upon a stronghold that is oddly heavily protected for lands so far south of the border with the Barrens. Not quite believing that they had successfully tracked the goblins to this well-guarded and maintained fortress, they recognize the coat of arms of Ser Pelliton upon banners at the keep and guard’s uniforms. A noble, who was gifted these southern lands by Grand Duke Bedegar upon the suggestion of Lord Saxton, and who was in charge overall of operations at Steyside during their fight with the goblins and troll.

Upon presenting themselves to the fortress, they learn that Ser Pelliton is in fact on the premises, not at his own residence, and he greets the four adventurers, learns of their plight, and while receiving them in the audience chamber, ambushes them with not only his own forces, but the goblinoids as well.

Once thrown into the dungeon, they are reunited with Baroness Balmys, confirming that Ser Pelliton had been behind the abduction, learning that the intention was to disrupt any negotiations between the Elves and Rach’Dinai, or Lord Bedegar specifically.

right-aligned image
Escaping from the dungeons, the group makes their way up to the audience chamber to confront Ser Pelliton. Searching the premises, they kill some guards and the goblinoids, but it looks as though Ser Pelliton had left with most of his forces, riding northward to The Barrens.

left-aligned image
Before the party can leave, Buzz is drawn towards a sealed room behind the audience chamber. Within a secret treasure room, Buzz keeps being drawn deeper and deeper within, until they arrive at a pedestal with a shard of black obsidian, veins of purple light pulsing within. Kil can sense some aberrant magic around the shard, and within moments of arriving it vibrates within its glass case, and erupts outward, a shimmering portal opening above with a terrifying creature emerging from its black inky interior, an aberrant draconic creature of some nightmarish plane.

right-aligned image
Once defeating the creature, the obsidian shard is left inert, until Buzz comes close, and seemingly picks it up without realizing it. Almost instantly the obsidian shard seems to bond to Buzz, and what seems to be something akin to dragon-scales affixes itself to his arm. With him standing none-the-worse for wear, and the completion of escorting Baroness Balmys to Londe’aux, the group departs to do just that, all the while swearing that they’d pursue Ser Pelliton’s group after they completed their current escort mission. They were a little concerned over the bonded obsidian shard which over the nights of travel was slowly reshaping itself into what appeared to be strange black-glass scales.

Once their escort had been completed, Kori paid her farewells to her mother, who had come to see her daughter in a different light then the last time they’d spoken. Buzz was also feeling a new sensation… a pull to the North. In sacking Pelliton’s dungeon fortress, they’d discovered the shard left behind was one of a collection, all part of the Obelisk from Steyside they’d all seen, and thought destroyed.

Kil hypothesized that the obelisk could be a beacon of sorts, and could be used to not only find the other shards… but maybe even pull something to their dimension, like the dragon creature they fought… or worse.

Buzz was continuing to feel the pull towards the North, and they had already found themselves to be several days behind Ser Pelliton’s fleeing force. With the difficult choice made, the group decided to pursue Ser Pelliton into the Barrens rather than update Captain Brimswell at Bedegar’s Keep. They used a messenger bird from the now-abandoned Foretress’ aviary on their way back to track the many-day-old trail.

Upon traveling northward, expecting many leagues before they even got to the border with The Barrens, they discovered a village in the midst of recovery from a raid it seemed, but it was far to the south of the border, and deep in territory that would make it highly unlikely bandits could establish such lawless behavior within such proximity to the capital. It didn’t seem right, and further investigation revealed a goblin raid had come, followed by Ser Pelliton driving them away and pursuing them deeper into the local forest.

The group found it unlikely that Pelliton’s motives were pure, and with some keen tracking they discovered the entrance to a major cave network. Tracks led within, and so the Lost Company unit followed.

And followed.

And followed.

The tunnels seemed to go on forever, heading further down, and then upwards at other points, passed underground lakes, deep caverns, and gaseous chambers. All the while Buzz could be relied upon to feel the tug forward.

Evidence was all around them, either subtly or in more obvious sites, but the unit clearly identified the passage has been used by goblins to enter Rach’dinai and could be used as a main route for invasion if a large enough goblin force was to be gathered. Astrid was suffering some of the worst visions she’d had thus far, with the exception of the Steyside incident.

It was clear what must be done, even if no one had given the order: they had to secure whatever additional obsidian shards Ser Pelliton had taken with him, and bring the man back to Lord Bedegar to face justice for his traitorous behavior.

After a day of traveling below ground with no sunlight to warm their tired bodies, they begin to encounter goblin patrols. A bugbear lurking on a log in an underground cave, and a hobgoblin legion nearly catching the Lost Company out in the open.

As they navigate the tunnels, they come upon a strange chamber, it seems somewhat familiar, and it’s Buzz that realizes he’s felt like he had been there before… and he knows then that it’s structurally exactly like the chamber with the obelisk in Steyside… just much larger, excavated, and without the obelisk. If Steyside was similar to this, the group realizes that the troll cave must have actually been a massive substructure, but a very long time exposed to the passing river must have filled the chamber with silt, mud, and detritus to make it possible for them to stand so high in the chamber of Steyside. Perhaps over centuries… or millennia. More?

In the center of the chamber, far below where the Company stood, they could see Ser Pelliton, many of his own soldiers, and goblinoids who seemed to be in alliance with the man, scurrying around as though preparing a ritual. There was a giant amethyst stone standing roughly where Kil suspected an obelisk would have stood originally, and about 6 obsidian shards, much larger than the one currently bonding with Buzz, were encircling the crystal.

Despite best attempts, a fierce battle was almost unavoidable, and the Company managed to disrupt the ritual by removing shards and killing key components of the ritual. While they attempted to subdue Pelliton, the man seemed to have gone insane. The shards had corrupted his mind, and was starting to mutate his body at a rapid pace.

right-aligned image
The entire group managed to arrive at the same conclusion, they had to bring these tunnels down and bury this chamber forever. The central crystal was the key, preferably before whatever Pelliton was mutating into had completed its metamorphosis.

They discover the powerful magical crystal needed to be charged with magical energy. The crystal must be charged by standing in certain spots in the cave and casting specific spells. While they charge the crystal, the heroes are attacked by the mutated Pelliton.

Once the crystal is charged, the heroes try to escape while the arcane energy begins to overwhelm its structural constraints. However, their path back through the tunnels they traveled to get here is blocked by goblinoids attracted by the commotion. Too many for the exhausted and tired group to deal with themselves. It seemed as though they may sacrifice their own lives to protect this hidden incursion and betrayal to Rach’Dinai, when a new path presented itself, and out of desperation the unit took it! Not a moment too soon, the crystal erupted with destructive power as Pelliton’s rage-induced monstrous voice.

Coming perilously close to being crushed by falling rubble, the Lost Company, or at least the portion that came on this mission, emerged from the depths of the extensive tunnel network and felt the chill of unobstructed moonlight shine down upon them in a brisk, cold night. The realization dawned on the group that they were now trapped in The Barrens, with no map or idea where they were in relation to where they’d come, and they must now find another way back to Rach’Dinai, while surviving behind enemy lines.

left-aligned image
Their first encounter with any form of civilization after a few days of surviving on what meager sustenance The Barrens provide was to come across a small goblinoid village that seems to be on the brink of collapse. The village was called “Keth’azak” and belonged to the Nightshade Clan. Keth’azak was dealing with a harsh drought and a lack of resources, and their defenses had been weakened by constant attacks from roving bandits.

The Lost Company had learned through some conversations with the goblin villagers, that the Nightshade Clan had been contending with not only rival goblin clans, but human criminals who sought escape from the laws of men amongst the northern climate. Offered food and shelter without any demand in exchange, the Lost Company members felt obligated to help the village of Keth’azak and the Nightshade Clan with their plights as best they could.

They aided refugees of clan Swiftclaw as they fled their destroyed village and the goblin clan responsible for its destruction. They fought alongside the Nightshade’s as allies against a rival clan known as the Bloodfangs, all in the hope of gaining control over a new water well. They scavenged the countryside for a rare herb used to treat an outbreak of a previous thought extinct disease that was ripping through Keth’azak and resisted holy magic.

right-aligned image
The Company also took part in political matters, with the potential next Clan leader of the Nightshades sought the group’s support to help secure his standing amongst not only his clan but others, and they’re left to decide whether they support this strong figure to claim chief of the clan, or find an alternative that may or may not be popular with this influential goblinoid.

left-aligned image
The company also served as guards when a prominent Nightshade merchant travelled to the “Scarlyte Bazaar”, a well known market and settlement in The Barrens which was considered neutral ground by all the Clans so that business could be done, and new alliances or feuds could be formed. Scarlyte was an ore that was so prevalent throughout The Barrens as to be less valuable than gold, but Kil and Kori determined that it had a metallurgic component similar to mithril, as well as adamantite. It looked like copper in an inert state, but if energy was transmitted through the metal, whether it be heat, electricity, or arcane, it turned a bright blood-red coloration. It was in such abundance that most of the upper ranks of goblin society had their weapons and armor made of the substance, which imbued it with either protective magics, or offensive depending on the smith’s specialization and ability.

As the Lost Company helps the village, they form bonds with the goblinoid inhabitants and begin to understand that they are not all violent savages. They discover that many goblinoids are simply trying to survive in a harsh and unforgiving environment. However, their newfound friends are still in danger from the bandits who are led by remnants of Ser Pelliton's forces. In their last days amongst the goblins of the Nightshade Clan, they must help the village fortify their defenses and train the goblinoids to defend themselves in a final showdown with the bandits.

right-aligned image
Having broken the bandits resolve, decimating their force and forcing them to flee, the group finds themselves pulled towards their homeland, and responsibilities there rather than with their newfound friends. With tearful goodbyes, and the almost certain knowledge they’d likely never see each other again, the Lost Company begins its trip southward to Rach’Dinai, having now gotten a good enough lay of the land to determine the best route out of the Barrens, and what to avoid along the way.

Having theoretically traversed past the border and well into the heavily forested northern Rach’Dinai, Kori, Kil, Astrid, and Buzz find themselves overhearing the sounds of threats being made. In a small clearing, and approaching under the cover of plant and the beginning of a setting sun, the group finds a horseless carriage, windows shuttered and door closed, seemingly abandoned in the middle of the forest, except there was a group of bandits surrounding the carriage, threatening those inside to throw out their valuables if they valued their lives.

Kori could recognize the markings of tattered banners around the bandit’s arms and heads… these were the remnants of the bandits they defeated at Keth’azak. They were trying to get back home, just as they were it seemed. The travel had treated them far less kindly however.

"I ain’t gonna say it again. Throw out whatever jewels an’ coin ya have, and there won’t be no trouble, will dere?" The leader postured as he leaned on his polearm, spitting on the ground in front of the carriage. "Right then, given ya the count o’ Ten before we barge in dere. 10!... 9!... 8!... 7! … come on ya tossers! 6!..."





”OOC” Welcome back everyone! Jesus H Murphy, let’s get back to playing a game!



 




__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Feb 27th, 2023 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Mar 5th, 2023, 10:34 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori

Kori

Kori wiped the sweat from her forehead and considered, for a moment, the exhaustion that had sunk deep into her bones over the days of travel. The barrens were a hostile environment and as such movement within them was difficult. It had been so long since they'd seen their own lands she was certain every member of their company had been looking forward to a warm inn and real beds.
The universe, it seemed, had other plans and when Kori first heard the harsh demands of the bandits.
"Not these guys again," Kori moaned quietly, "they just don't learn." She turned and murmured to her companions. "I don't think there's time to get a feel for things, our friends seem to be in quite the rush. I'll rush the leader and keep them distracted, you guys come in when the timing works best for your skills. Sound good?"
She didn't wait for a response. She knew her people and they were more than capable of assessing the situation for themselves.
Burning a fraction of the kienergy she held within her, Kori step of the winddashed to the leader, hoping that speed would give her somewhat of a surprise, or at least keep the man's lackeys from attacking her first. Once within range she planted her feet, shoulder width with her left foot slightly behind.
hand of harm (1 ki point)
Dice necrotic damage:
1d6+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
"Feathered dragon have mercy on you,"
she before she
Dice unarmed strike:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
struck. Her fist
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
pounded against flesh, the movement of the action second nature.
Building on her first attack she struck again, taking a step toward her foe and using her movement to enforce the
Dice unarmed strike:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
blow.

left-aligned image
Inhaling she drew on her ki internal energy and twisted her fists engaging the crow's talons, the bladed edges, like sharpened bat wings, gleamed along the outer edge of her forearm. Her eyes narrowed, she unleashed a flurry of blows using the crows talonsflurry of strikes.
Dice unarmed strike/strike with crow's talons:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
Whap,
Dice unarmed strike/strike with crow's talons:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
whap.

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crow's Talons.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	98898  
__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Mar 5th, 2023 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Mar 13th, 2023, 01:58 PM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Afternoon
Location Just outside of Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: On their way to “Civilization”

"5… 4… 3- what the-" The bandit had no time to react as Kori’s bombardment had begun. One strike, which caused his entire body to convulse as his entire circulatory system seemed to darken visibly on his skin, veins turning almost black, then another as he was brought low on the ground, a solid slam to the side of his head, rolling with the punch and getting away from one of the blows, only to find a kick to the ribs sending him sprawling several feet away, but the man quickly got up from the ground, years of training telling his body even if he could not, that the ground is death for a soldier.

Rising to his feet, wiping blood from his mouth, he screamed out to his compatriots, "It’s them! The Goblin lovers! Kill them! Get that halfling, he turns into the devil!"

Pulling his morningstar free, the soldier stares daggers at Kori, "I’ll take care of this half-breed myself…" the soldier yells as he charges forward, attempting to
Dice Human Knave Shield Bash:
1d20+6sch16 (9)+6 Total = 15
Dice Human Knave Shield Bash advantage:
1d20+6sch16 (18)+6 Total = 24
→ 1d4+4g (1)+4 Total = 5
Dice Kori STR DC14 saving throw if hit:
1d20+5sch14 (13)+5 Total = 18
Humans have a trait called "Exploit Opening" which allows them to have advantage on an attack roll 3 times a day.
slam his shield into Kori, and while it looked like Kori would JUST be able to get out of the way, the soldier through years of experience spun his shield in just the right manner that it caught Kori off-guard, but she managed to stay standing rather than fall to the ground as that bash normally would do. It didn't save her from the follow-up swing of the morning star, and when the Knave
Dice Knave Morningstar attack:
1d20+6sch16 (16)+6 Total = 22
→ 1d8+4g (1)+4 Total = 5
swung his Morningstar the spiked weapon slammed into Kori's side and felt as though it pierced through some of her skin, impacting against her ribs.

Following their leader's commands, all the bandits spring into action, rushing to try and contain this flurrying dervish of a half-elf warrior, and then focusing their attention on the halfling, which normally would have seemed ridiculous... but they all saw what happened at the goblin village just days or a week before.

One of the bandit guards arrived next to Kori, and
Dice Guard spear attack:
1d20+3sch16 (4)+3 Total = 7
thrusts out with a spear, but Kori manages to spin out of the way of the oncoming shaft. Quickly glancing at the battlefield, Kori can see more Guards coming to her location, the goal to overwhelm her very clear, and also the hulking brute of a man who seemed to be blaming his fists together with an eager grin on his face.

From further away, a man with a heavy crossbow levelled the weapon of death towards Buzz, and
Dice Trickshjot ricochet shot vs Buzz:
2d20+6kh1sch11 (18, 7 (keeping 18) )+6 Total = 24
→ 1d10+4g (9)+4 Total = 13
fired a bolt towards the halfling and it sliced through Buzz's arm and then made a
Dice Richochet shot 2:
1d20+6sch13 (18)+6 Total = 24
→ 1d10+4g (4)+4 Total = 8
B-line towards Astrid, which landed almost unerringly right in her shoulder, piercing her skin and nearly pinning her to the tree she was hiding behind.

The battle was well underway... but things did not seems as assured as they may have seemed before.





”OOC” Please see link in spoiler and for encounter info:



 




__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Mar 13th, 2023 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Mar 13th, 2023, 09:46 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2024
RPXP: 6129
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,449
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid, or to her superior it's Dreamer, despite everything they did, she was probably the only one that remained calm. Well more like she's just used to being exhausted. She's been with this company for a long while, she wish she would have left a long time ago honestly. But she came back to this hostile and difficult life instead of becoming an artist like she wanted,"No... I'm doing this because of my art." that's right, those nightmares. Those beings that haunt her dreams. There her magnum opus. Her muse. The universe's inspiration. Then she gives out a sigh,"Then again, I haven't found out the meaning yet. Seems there's still a ways to go." she said and the moment Kori charged at the leader, Astrid already has her painter's supplies ready though the clay will have to wait for awhile until she gets new parts. She paused as one of the brigands started manhandling her. Though she kept herself calm, her entire experience has hardened in her in a brawl, and made her more focused when it comes to her art.
left-aligned image
She dabs her paint brush on the gem-like colors carefully place in her palette that she sculpted herself,"Hey Buzz, do you mind hunting me another animal during our break. If you do, you'll be my favorite person." she said, giving him a wink and suddenly a mote, like a star in the night sky, appeared above Buzz, your all quite familiar what Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
potential this unlocks,"Now, to paint these brigands a premonition of their future." she said, swinging her paintbrush, prompting the purple colors to splash. Despite the brush being as tiny as the half-elf's dainty hands, a tidal wave of colors splash all over the bandits. And then, seemingly out of no where, the liquid colors suddenly became a great and roaring purple flame. None of it burns them in the slightest, but what they don't know is that many of the bandit's weakpoint are perfectly outlined for you all to strike. That is the power that Astrid has started to exhibit and honed for a year, her creativity.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 27/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Inspiration 3/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action: Faerie Fire Dex DC 15
Bonus Action: Inspiration Buzz


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Mar 15th, 2023, 10:40 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz the SorcererWatching Kori charge in recklessly Buzz stared down at his hands bearing weapons, "Which shall I use, I like them both equally." In his left hand holding the longsword up high so the sunbeams through the trees glinted of the polished blade, then turning his attention to the right hand swirling a Morningstar in a menacing arc… his thoughts interrupted by a sharp pain in his upper arm. A bolt exited with a spray of blood and deviated towards Astrid. The pain casing him to drop his weapons low, Buzz sheathed his weapons and surveyed the situation,
"It’s them! The Goblin lovers! Kill them! Get that halfling, he turns into the devil!"

Smiling at the ring leader Buzz retorted, "Devil!?... I’m not the one taunting weary travelers and threatening to relieve them of their coin."

Seeking out the owner of the well placed bolt Buzz could see that Kori was substantially surrounded, including a fairly bulky man preparing his fists for impact, but the sorcerer's scan didn't stop there.
"There you are!"
Pointing towards the sharpshooter with a charred stick pulled from within his vest, walking into a small group of lesser bandits he gave a gentlemanly bow. Buzz glanced up at Astrid's star and smirked, never breaking eye contact with the Trickshot. “I have a gift of enlightenment for you my friend.”

Chanting an arcane phrase and drawing glowing glyphs in thin air, the twisted burnt stick started to spark and smoke.
Dice Attack with Witchbolt third lvl:
1d20+7 (18)+7 Total = 25
Emitting a stream of lightening towards the crossbowman.
Dice Inspiration:
1d6 5
The added gift from Dreamer brought a sparkle to his eyes as Buzz watched the wake of 5 Damage from the inspiration explosion for failed Con save 15energy pulse through the immediate bandits. Blue arcs of electricity streamed into the crossbowman's body, seeing his opportunity Buzz focused, reached into the lightening with his off hand, and Twinned Spellsplit another arc off towards the Brawler confronting Kori. Watching both bandits
Dice Witchbolt damage:
3d12 4, 12, 8 Total = 24
convulse in pain the smug halfling preached "You'll find the consequences to your actions very shocking."

"I could entertain your request Astrid," hollering back to the elf, hoping her wound wasn't grave, "What fare do you desire? A brace of connie, maybe a boar to roast, possibly a prime cut of venison?"

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
[Size="1"]Halfling Whaler

Hit Points: 19/32 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Last edited by BionicEwok; Mar 15th, 2023 at 11:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Mar 19th, 2023, 10:05 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori

Through much practice Kori managed to ignore the screaming of her ribs as she danced around the spear blow. Surrounded now, or nearly, she needed to make more strategic decisions. She focused her first hit onto the leader she'd started on. His morning star and shield would take her down if she didn't immobilize them soon.
Reaching into the well of kienergy she tried something different, a move that required precision, she raised the Crow's Talons and twisting her body just so, lead with her elbow toward the Knave's solar plexus, Stunning strike (CON DC 14)
Dice Stunning strike:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
Dice damage if hit:
1d6+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
attempting to stun the man. Her second
Dice unarmed strike:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
blow followed the first like a dark shadow.

left-aligned image

Her kienergy flowed in rhythm as she struckflurry of blows twice more her fists nearly to fast to see.
Dice roll to hit:
1d20+6 (7)+6 Total = 13
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
Whap.
Dice Roll to hit:
1d20+6 (19)+6 Total = 25
Dice damage:
1d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
Whap.

Having done what damage she could, Kori stepped back from the Knave and ran back the movement 40 feetdirection she'd come in, hoping to spread her opponents a little thinner.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 28/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Apr 1st, 2023 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 08:40 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Afternoon
Location Just outside of Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: On their way to “Civilization”

With terrible precision Kori used her strikes with deadly precision, the black and purple gauntlets flashing with energy upon each hit, slamming into the bandit leader as he took hit after hit. Blood began to pour from his nose, a trickle down his mouth, the shield swaying from side to side as he tried to hold the item aloft.

Finally when Kori seemed to move away, both the
Dice Knave AoO vs Kori:
1d20+6sch16 (18)+6 Total = 24
1d8+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
Knave and a
Dice Guard 1 AoO vs Kori:
1d20+3sch16 (4)+3 Total = 7
Guard tried to strike out at Kori, to catch her before she could escape…

Managing to side-step the guard, Kori was hit once more in her blindspot by the Bandit Knave, the spiked blunt weapon slamming into her side. The gathering gang was closing in on the group, and it was becoming clear that something had to be done. Three of the guards begin to surround buzz, and use their spears to
Dice Guard minions group attack x3:
1d20+6sch13 (13)+6 Total = 19
stab at the fearsome halfling sorcerer. The spears find their mark, and Buzz finds himself pierced several times by the attack, slowly 3 damage to Buzzwhittling his resolve.

The trickshot was lining his bow to try and get a clear
Dice Ricochet recharge:
1d6sch5 5
bearing on his targets of choice again, Buzz the sorcerer, and grins as he
Dice Trickshot ricochet shot on Buzz:
2d20+6sch13kh1 (14, 4 (keeping 14) )+6 Total = 20
→ 1d10+4g (6)+4 Total = 10
Dice RIcochet shot if hits first shot:
1d20+6sch13 (15)+6 Total = 21
→ 1d10+4g (1)+4 Total = 5
finds his mark once more.

Things were not looking good for the Lost Company... and there was something... dark and foreboding within the coach that Kori was beginning to sense... something that felt... forbidden.





”OOC” Yikes... let's see the tally below...






 




__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Apr 1st, 2023 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Apr 4th, 2023, 12:01 AM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz the SorcerorFinding himself surrounded Buzz could not dodge the sharp spears thrust at him, nor could he see the bolt sent through his torso. Looking down at the blood soak his tunic all the stalwart halfling could do was try to
Dice Concentration on Witchbolt:
1d20 17
focus on the lightening spewing from his finger tips.
Looking directly at the sharpshooter Buzz began to chuckle, its all he could do, extinguishing the electricity from the air. "Hahaha! I see you brought more skilled friends than last time, and you’re aim is improving." Coughing up a bit of blood as he gestured towards the wound.

Shifting his gaze towards Kori, and then to the Knave, the half sized sorcerer concocted a plan.
”got to even the odds… take some pressure off Kori… stop getting shot…”

Muttering an arcane trance Buzz started moving his hands in fluid motions. Fanning his hand he launched straight above his head, releasing Cast Magic Missile Lvl 3five streaks of energy into the sky. Turning his attention to the assaulting guards, Guards 1,2,6,7,9pointing at them one at a time and with a shooting motion of the index finger, Buzz grinned as he sent a
Dice Magic Missile Damage:
1d4+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
shard of energy into each of their foreheads.

Once the immediate threat dropped to the ground Buzz surveyed the terrain and bolted for a near by clump of trees, placing a large trunk between him and the Trickshot.
"Kori, I'm not running off... just reassessing the situation. Maybe a plan would have been in order, right?" Holding his new wound he looked to Astrid, silently hoping for any kind of help.


[/FIELDSET]
Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
[Size="1"]Halfling Whaler

Hit Points: 6/32 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Last edited by BionicEwok; Apr 4th, 2023 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Apr 4th, 2023, 09:46 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori
"Maybe a plan would have been in order, right?"
Kori growled beneath her breath, not angry at the halfling, but herself. She was tired and in a rush and she'd underestimated the enemy. Rookie mistake, and if she didn't get herself together they would all pay for it.

"Careful!" she shouted behind her, toward her comrades, "there's something about that coach that I don't like!" Warning given she pulled two wickedly sharp darts from their little pockets along her ribs. Whipping them through the air toward the Knave,
Dice roll to hit:
1d20+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
Dice damage if hit:
1d4+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
one after the
Dice roll to hit:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
Dice damage if hit:
1d4+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
other.

"Let's play then, shall we?" she gave the enemy a deranged sort of grin and took off.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 16/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Apr 4th, 2023 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Apr 4th, 2023, 10:06 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2024
RPXP: 6129
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,449
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid winced from the ricochet hit, though she's been through worse scraps. She dipped her hand on her canvas and summoned up a chaotic mass of colors which she focus and released upon the archer. However, the ricochet did it's work, as she threw her shoulder felt a sharp pain, causing her to his a rock,"Damnit... Kori, fight with all you have." she said as a mote of potential flies above the Monk's head.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 22/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Inspiration 2/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action: Chaos Bolt, rolled a 2
Bonus Action: Inspiration Kori


Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Apr 19th, 2023, 01:40 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 14178
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,828
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Afternoon
Location Just outside of Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: On their way to “Civilization”

Combat: Round 3


What felt like a sure victory for the brigands suddenly shifted momentum, as one after the other of brigand soldiers fell before Buzz and his arcane tricks.

The brigand knave felt the bite of one of Kori’s darts, and raised his shield to ward off the second piercing dart, wincing as he pulled the scored hit from the crook of his neck. Reaching into a sling at his back, he withdrew a javelin as he held his morningstar in his shield hand, and with a running start
Dice Knave vs Kori javelin 1 advantage:
2d20+6kh1sch16 (3, 17 (keeping 17) )+6 Total = 23
→ 1d6+4g (2)+4 Total = 6
Dice Knave vs Kori javelin 2:
1d20+6sch16 (15)+6 Total = 21
→ 1d6+4g (2)+4 Total = 6
threw the yard-long wooden projectile at his intended foe. With one javelin slamming into Kori's back, she groaned and spun around just as the Knave threw another, catching her in the upper torso, and not the first time she felt her vision darken, a feeling she'd become all too familiar with...

Meanwhile, the brute of a Brawler wasted no time and ran right up to Buzz and Astrid, "Oh, I’m going to enjoy playing with you two. Come on, whose first, ladies or the short-devil. Shame there ain’t someone my own size to pick on, haha!"

The raider just a short distance back from the brawler spun his axe around within his hand, and then
Dice Raider hand axe range vs Astrid advantage:
2d20+4kh1sch14 (15, 12 (keeping 15) )+4 Total = 19
→ 1d6+2g (1)+2 Total = 3
launched it towards Astrid, a maniacal grin on his face as he stared at the waifish sculptor.

With the rest of the Knave’s crew advancing on the various party members, the Trickshot was making his way to get a better angle on Buzz and Astrid, hoping for another well-placed ricochet shot. Everyone was within his range on the battlefield… it wouldn’t be long now before he finally-

right-aligned image


Found himself enshrouded in darkness. Not like the middle of the night… but an inky, blackness that barely allowed him to see his own nose, let alone anything around him.

He did see one thing however… two blood-red eyes, glowing in the blackness, with a voice as lulling as the sweet embrace of a warm hot-spring… just before it turns to a boiling pool of sulphurus water…

Where the darkness was, stood instead three new figures: A minotaur woman clothed modestly and with a dazed look to her eyes, a red-scaled dragonborn wearing arcanely enchanted armor, ready to fight with a shield and what appeared to be a mechanikally enhanced prosthetic arm. While both of these figures are odd enough in their own right, between them stood the most curious sight, a young woman with pale eyes, clouded as if blind.

From behind them was a blackened opening to the carriage… blood streaks on the ground from where the Trickshot used to stand, into the opening of the carriage. "Best of luck my dear… we’re wishing you the best…" The coldly sweet voice was all that was heard, and then the carriage seemed to moveon its own, without any horses, and actually drove over the felled branch as though it wasn’t there at all. The only trace that anything odd had been there were… the curious trio now standing in its place. At the backs of the bandits.

The knave peeked behind his shoulder at the escaping carriage, and called out, "Hey, wait! We’re supposed to be robbing you! Who the frak are these *******s now? Anyone see what happened to Donnie?"



”OOC” Welcome newcomers / saviors! Feel free to take your turn. There’s bandits to be put down!


Please see link in spoiler and for encounter info:



 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lust in the Fog.png
Views:	66
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	99297  
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Apr 19th, 2023 at 01:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Apr 19th, 2023, 02:56 PM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim

Quote:
Shame there ain’t someone my own size to pick on, haha!"
“I think he’s talking about you and I, Rezna. Why don’t we oblige him”

Eyeing the chieftain of the assailants, Grim strides forward with a pace about him uncharacteristic to his kin. He moved rapidly and with purpose, alarming for a creature of his stature.

Shield in his right arm, no melee weapons in his left. Still, a devilish smile escapes him. An opponent might think him to be unarmed, as duels often consisted of blades, axes or hammers, But the dragonborn had none. Instead, he was clad in fortified plate armor, bronze in color and glossy. His left arm, although similar in contrast was remarkably different. Coalescent black with nodes of blue sparks scattering about, as if to be energized. Atop the same arm rest a blue jewel embedded into the armor. Few had ever seen a design quite like it, so most did a second take.

“Don’t be scared now. Rezna would have that effect on any man, now get over here so I can introduce myself!” the blue jewel on his arm flickers and a lash of organic energy manifests from gauntlet, erupting forwards towards the Knave. The tether latching to his arm and simultaneously digging it’s unnatural thorns into the chinks of his armor, locking in place. The magical energy goes to work retracting itself towards Grimash, pulling its assailant against his will.




Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 22 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack: Thorn whip 30’ - pulls Knave 10’
Movement: 40’ towards knave
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...31#post9676331



Last edited by Jrod; Apr 20th, 2023 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Apr 19th, 2023, 10:50 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2024
RPXP: 6129
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,449
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid looked on in surprise to find reinforcements,"Looks like faith deemed we don't die here today." she said, wincing from the scratch she received, she painted her brush in a periwinkle color and started painting the air to create a spiral around the brawler and one unfortunate guard,"AWAY!!" she said, her voice booming and threatening to send them flying. She then turned toward the minotaur,"Hey, if you can fight then fight with everything you got. Let me show you a glimpse of your true potential." she said and a glowing mote floats on the minotaur's horns.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action: Thunderwave for 10 dmg
Bonus Action: Inspiration on Minotaur lady


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 12:22 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image
The sound of the departing carriage faded behind them. Looking at what was left of one of the brigands in the form of fresh blood splatter, Anahi grimaced. They were extremely lucky their "escort" had allowed herself to be talked out of..."stepping in", as she put it, to assist. The way she had just snatched him up and pulled him into the carriage had been a horrifying confirmation of the "lady's" capability. She wasn't the brightest torch in the night, but this time her instinct to play friends had panned out.

"I think he’s talking about you and I, Rezna. Why don’t we oblige him?" The voice of the newly met dragonborn snapped her back to the situation they had just found themselves, just in time to witness the big, giant, burly red-scaled, heftily armored warrior do the most unexpected thing. He conjured up a whip out of a flashy blue jewel imbedded in his equally fancy bracer. A whip! A friggen nature mage's weapon! As much as she wanted to focus on the pompacity of his appearance, the action struck her as ironic.

Snorting with laughter, Anahi hooted, "Gods help me, Rez. I think I'm might start to like that one. We can't let him show you up, though, can we? Get in there, woman! Let's show him what "
Surveying the scene, she found her target. Reaching for her trusted blade Anahi changed her mind mid reach. Instead, she pulled out her newest weapon. Her previous host had called it a gift of goodwill. "This is the Blade of Shadows. Keep it. A symbol of our friendship.". "Friendship. Right." Cynicism colored the words heavily. At least it would guaranteed her safe passage to and from His home. Gripping the hilt firmly, she held it close and whispered, "Alright, you. We both know you're not just some fancy symbol or anything like that. Let's see what you can do."

Silence greeted her challenge. She expected as much. A practiced flip and flick sent the weapon flying. It was sailing straight and true until one of their saviors waved a paintbrush (What?) at her target. As a consequence of whatever the woman had done, dagger's trajectory was irrevocably altered, sending it far into the distance where it disappeared.

"Son of a ----h!" Now, she was going to have to go looking for that thing. If she lost that thing she was as good as dead. If she was lucky. Furious, and quite frankly mortified at the turn of events, Anahi reached for another blade, but was stunned to find her hand already held a weapon. Wide-eyed, she stared down at the Blade she had just thought lost. "Well, now. Isn't that something?" Perhaps this little toy would be useful to her afterall.
Stat block and Actions
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 10:52 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 27th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
ReznaThe road had been a long one so far, and everything up until, now had been a great mix of excitement, and monotony that she had found to be different and refreshing, but this here was where she thrived. A little dazed from her drive as the long trips tend to put her in an inert state of mind when there arent any duties to attend to like on a ship; a carriage kind of takes care of itself or at least this one did. She kind of resented the ease of it travel, and the lack of work that had to go into using it, though she could see that most would see that as a benefit. Before her now however was what she was built for; a group of people needing a brute of a woman to clean up their mess. Not a problem. As the carriage carts off into the distance Rezna instinctively shakes her head slightly, and tightens the grip on her great-axe.

Cranking her head to either side, and rolling her shoulders around as if to warm up before an exercise a large smile can be seen making its way across her savage, yet bovine facial features. "Jury is still out, here Anahi" she jests, charging in towards combat; her voice deep, sultry, but also very commanding. As she speeds off towards the fight her long braided mane dances heavily along her rippling muscles that make up her massive, and defined frame. Looking to the woman that called out to her "IF" she snorts audibly making her way passed the woman. She was grateful for whatever magics she was being bestowed with, but Rezna was not used to having her ability challenged in such a way that it lights a fire in her belly which only serve to fuel her charge forward.

With both the thrill of combat, and the fire of rage sparked inside her Rezna finishes closing the gap between herself and the brute calling for someone his own size to play with and happily obliges his request bringing her greataxe to bear down upon him with two mighty swings. The first of the two was merely to build momentum with the massive weapon she wields. The first swing meets his chest, and cleaves a deep and horrible wound diagonally downward leaving a gaping wound where she just struck, and with continued momentum she whirls the massive axe head around, and cleaves through his chest cleanly spraying warm claret over herself, the ground, and Grimash as the brawler's remains fall lifeless to the ground. It's clear to any onlooker that Rezna is built for destruction, but the most terrifying thing about her is just how focused that penchant for destruction can be. With her horns aglow, muscles pumped, and blood covering her body she lets loose an intimidating roar towards the knave, casting her eyes to the side quickly to look at the dragonborn known as Grimash with a challenging smirk before once again looking towards the task at hand. "Be careful what you wish for" she says to her opponents with an unnerving focus, and amusement about her.

Statblock
Rezna "The Rogue Wave" Broadhorn
Minotaur Barbarian

HP: 65/65 AC: 17 Initiative: +2 Speed: 40ft
Str: 18 Dex: 14 Con: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14 Cha: 13
Feature: Your horns are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 +4, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.Horns
Immediately after you use the Dash action on your turn and move at least 20 feet, you can make one melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.Goring Rush
Immediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack as part of the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to shove that target with your horns. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and within 5 feet of you. Unless it succeeds on a Strength saving throw (DC 15), you push it up to 10 feet away from you.Hammering Horns
As a bonus action enter a rage for up to 1 minute (10 rounds).

You gain advantage on STR checks and saving throws (not attacks), +2 melee damage with STR weapons, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage. You can't cast or concentrate on spells while raging.

Your rage ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage as a bonus action.
"Rage
While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + CON modifier + any shield bonus.Unarmoured Defense
When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly, giving you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using STR during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.Reckless Attack
You have advantage on DEX saving throws against effects that you can see while not blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.Danger Sense
On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 HP with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll to add +10 to the attack's damage.Great Weapon Master



Equipment:
Note: Reckless Attack
Initiative:10
Action: Move towards Smack-talk O'toole (brawler), take him off the census (attack twice)
Bonus Action: Rage
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3

Last edited by IrishKatt; Apr 20th, 2023 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB