twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Evil Neko

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 99
Nithia
Very interested I love more RP based games, and pirates or undead are my favored kinds.

Name: None as of yet
Class: Most likely some kind of caster, but could also lean more toward some kind of scholar or healer
Alignment: I usually stick to some kind of neutral but lean toward a playful evil
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:47 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Sounds like a good plan! Well, unless somebody wants to PM me regarding potentially collaborating on some super-brilliant idea (I must admit, I'm partial to quite a few at the moment), let's go with this one that just popped into my head.

Other concept that had been taught up and abandoned is here!

Any thoughts or comments on this? Possible collaboration from?

Last edited by asura8; May 17th, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38980
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
curse you and suggesting we think up multiple character concepts, I just had this rough and tumble pirate pop into my head, and I can't get him out!

Oh well, I'll decide which one is better, later.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25298
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric

Name: Mar Bleeds-the-Waters
Race: Human, Ulfen.
Alignment: Neutral - Objectivist
Class: Barbarian (Sea Reaver Archetype)
Trait: Touched by the sea.

Tropes:Mar is the silent warrior, first on the field of battle and last to leave. The hard working seafarer who knows all hands must pull their weight if they wish to earn their share. He believes respect must be earned through hard work, blood and fear, not won by words and pretty promises.
The strong take from the weak, such is the Ulfen way, perhaps he is in for a surprise south in the Shackles. He is ruthless when needed but does not approve of senseless violence, hypocritical for one who choose the path of a Reaver perhaps yet it has to do with a somewhat twisted sense of honor he has.

Trait post:Mar son of Rolf Grimfire was born in the town of Skjoldmur on the southern tip of Aegos in the Broken Bay in the year 4690. His father a seasoned whaler and a captain of his own ship, The Granite Maiden, Mar was ten years old when he first went out to sea with the whalers of Skjoldmur, ten years old when he stood at the bow of The Granite Maiden with his father, the carcass of a grand fin whale in tow. It is perhaps the strongest memory he possesses and his most proud moment in life. The day the boy became a man.
The years went by where Mar happily plied the trade of a whaler, spending more time at sea than on land. He came from one such journey having earned his name of Bleed-the-Waters after having saved his father ship from the death-throes of a massive Bowhead that was poorly tethered to the ship, it's thrashing threatened to capsize the ship and would have if it hadn't been for Mar and two other crewmates armed only with knives who went to the waters and cut the whale loose. Only Mar returned back on board alive, covered in his own and the whales blood from head to heel.

He spent the next seven years on his fathers ship until he found a new calling in the warcry sent out by the Linnorm King Ingimundr the Unruly. Many young men and women flocked to his call as he strove to turn back to the ancient ways of raiding and reaving, believing the other Kings to have grown weak and soft. To prove this and to prove that he was more powerful than the Albino Bitch-King White Estrid, Ingimundr sent a score of longships to raid the southern shores. Mar was on board one of these ships, a newly built terror named Son of Saebjorn in honor of the first Linnorm King, Saebjorn Arm-Fang.
The expedition was a disaster as half the fleet was destroyed in a violent storm while the other half was scattered and driven to ground in Varisia.
Through his own prowess and by the grace of Gorum the young warrior found himself washed up on the shores of Varisia, far way from home and with the shame of failure upon his shoulders. He had turned down the gift of his fathers ship to become a raider and now he had failed, as had all the fleet and as such King Ingimundr himself, but the shame he had brought on his father was too much for Mar. Vowing not to return until he could restore his honor, he sought out the nearest port where he found work on board a ship that could bring him south to the Shackles. He would find his glory as a pirate, one day he would bring a ship loaded with plunder to his homeport of Skjoldmur and the bards would sing of the terror he spread across the shores of the Inner Sea!

Thoughtful Ramble:Mar is a survivor through and through. Strong and agile with a predatory cunning, yet his strongest aspect would be his stamina (con), which is a mix of a healthy body and unhealthy stubborness.
This stamina has seen him through a shipwreck and helped him save his ship when it was nearly capsized by a thrashing Bowhead whale.
Having spent his youth on board an Ulfen Whaler, has made him ignorant about the world around him and left him somewhat narrowminded, only tall tales and fisherman stories were told on board and they do not offer much of an education. It has also made him lack proper manners, he is sullen and grim, usually quiet but blunt and to the point when he needs to speak his mind. Foulmouthed and smelling of sweat and salt, he might pass for handsome weren’t it for his lack of sunny disposition and lack of personal hygiene.
Ignorant, foul-mouthed and smelly might be considered the norm when you’re surrounded by pirates though.
I am probably going to keep him on the path of Barbarian, although a level or two in Ranger (Freebooter Archetype) might come in handy and really would complement his whaling background. He might even specialize in using the harpoon in combat to some extent.

Massive damage:Yes, but controlled somehow. It runs the risk of having most melee characters that live to rise past level 10 be all wooden sticks and hooks in place of lost appendages. Scars are good though, a warriors history is written in his scars.

Editing:I like to receive advises on grammar and such as I’m Icelandic so English is not my native language and sometimes I find myself lacking in vocabulary. It would probably bother me in the long run though if you’d start editing my posts without talking to me first unless it's just some minor adjustments.

Last edited by Cedric; May 10th, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonarsCorruption View Post
curse you and suggesting we think up multiple character concepts, I just had this rough and tumble pirate pop into my head, and I can't get him out!

Oh well, I'll decide which one is better, later.
See! Such is my fate! I ended up going with the concept that I posted because I had the opinion that a rogue-ish concept would end up coming off as too similar to the one that I applied to for your game, Ronar. Too tsundere too.

...though it would still be fun!
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6226
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Would you allow the monster pc race Grippli?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6070
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Gripplis? Sure - maybe from around the Sodden Lands just east? You might expect some racial discrimination, though.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
she/they
Event Judge  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8955
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
I've got something up in my post here. I chose Varisia more or less at random, though; Nemat could have grown up anywhere in the Inner Sea.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:41 AM
FOR SCIENCE!
Good People  

Event Judge  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11985
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera

Secreted until editing is finished.

Last edited by Jondera; May 4th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6070
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Finished reading the AP, plus a few supplements...took some notes, lurked some forums...purchased Medesha's Lovely Player Companion! Added a proper App box to the advert, and also an additional disclaimer in Dark Red along the bottom. While I'm at it, I should mention that there's so much interest that I may be induced to shorten that deadline. I don't know whether to thank you all for the support, or threaten you for tightening my own noose!

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
she/they
Event Judge  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8955
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Look at it this way:

Dead men tell no tales.

I'm liking the app block - I'll have to reconfigure my app a little bit to make it work. I was actually considering changing my trait from "Besmara's Blessing" to "Buccaneer's Blood" - I think there's some good opportunity for character development and discovery there - but we'll have to wait and see what comes out in the prompt.

Last edited by Aosaw; May 3rd, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25298
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Will it be point buy or rolling for stats?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Player of Oddballs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Tyrant Xerxes
Would a summoner type character specializing in mounted combat be allowed? i have a concept i'd love to try out
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Shakiest Gun in the Verse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15024
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Malaprop View Post
While I'm at it, I should mention that there's so much interest that I may be induced to shorten that deadline.
Well, boogers. I guess I'll have to stop thinking and actually post a character application.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Kaa-Chan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1553
WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean WolfsOcean
Posting for interest! ! I am thinking about a witch with the beast bonded archetype!