twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 03:28 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50252
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
January POTM

A new year is here... and the end of the holiday season, for most of us. Now, we have to get back to work and school, and carve out some time to enjoy all our holiday presents.

Be sure to nominate your favorite bit of writing this month, if you feel they did a wonderful job, and maybe they can win POTM!

You can nominate others, or yourself, if you choose, but choose wisely.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:38 PM
For the Glory of Tiamat!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4658
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Player: Giot
Character: Reza Maelin
Game: The Desolate Continent: Rise of the Gods
GM: Cipher

Reason for Nomination: There have been a significant amount of great posts in this game, but I think this post serves very well as a stand-alone. It sets the tone of the game in its present state and conveys a significant amount of information in a concise and interesting to read manner. Multiple other players have commented on it, and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Link to post.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1883
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
GM: GallupsMirror
Game: The Siege of Aänor's Reach
Post: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...64#post7820364

Reason for Nomination:
GallupsMirror has so far been presenting a highly detailed and well written story for us in this game. In this particular post, the PCs have just come out of the water to confront a group of soldiers who are lawfully executing civilians. Like so many encounters in this game already, it is thorough and an enjoyable read, but also presents a conflict of morality that each PC has to face. The map is beautifully done and also made by GallupsMirror. I think the narration, the level of detail, the story, and the moral conflict deserves a nomination.

Last edited by dirkoth; 02-02-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3582
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Player: Coron
Game: Blood on the Snow
GM: jeffkevlar
Post link: found here.

Reason for nomination:I’m in a couple of games with Coron and he consistently puts up well written, clever and insightful posts that are fun to read and often take the situation in a new direction.

In this post he sums up his fellow travllers, the situation and his own character’s feelings in a way that seems very personal to his character. He also does not leave it as pure monologue but gives space for a GM or other character to interact with. Just the kind of posts I love to see in my game.

Last edited by Jeffkevlar; 01-10-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Flightless Fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
GM: LeoByron
Game: Assault on Origin
Post: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...99#post7815899

Reason for Nomination:
Leo has been a great DM, his posts are descriptive and engaging, and his world and plot are enjoyable to be a part of. In this post, Leo masterfully takes care of a character whose player has dropped from the game, and helped keep the narrative flowing when it had started to stall.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Making it up as I go.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2697
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Player: Serria 159
Character: Alannah Volkov
Game: Arbiters of a New Age
GM: WhovianBeast
Link to post: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...98#post7835098

Reason for Nomination: Serria has only been on the site a short while, but almost every one of his character posts has been well thought out, will written, engaging, and in alignment with his character even at the cost of an in-game advantage. This post in particular explores the character's relationship arc with her friend, mentor, and coworker in the days before the friend's death, portraying the semi-romantic relationship with detail, emotion, and clarity leading up to a heartbreaking ending.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22674
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Player: goatmeal
Character: Carlo
Game: Carrion Crown
DM: Sassasomething

Context: This post re-introduces Carlo to the party (yes, we split the party) who have just returned via carriage. (Well, some of the party. It was a three-way split. At least.) The post also re-introduces some NPCs (members of a freak show, The Crooked Kin) who might be willing to help Sully, a probably innocent Frankensteinish golem in prison.

Link

Old 02-01-2018, 12:04 PM
walks by me to get to him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10461
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Player: Sassafrass
Character: DM
Game: Carrion Crown

Reasons: Classic horror here. The slow building tension of a haunted house, complete with creepy poems, unsettling noises, and the realization that some things are not what they seem. Perfect setup to "roll for initiative."

Link

Old 02-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47858
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Player: Kapera
Game: Rise of the Runelords
GM: Sassersomething
Link: Hither strode Kapera
Reason: As the party congregates in a central location, each of the party members has shown a lot of cultural background and quirks as they meet up, including one PC and his new NPC buddy thinking it's ok to take the hand of a girl and kiss it. But culture dictates that Kapera's character, Choni, must maintain her personal space, and that is a direct violation given that she neither gave consent nor knows these people. Fighting instinct, she does her best to keep from killing the party mage in their first meeting. And as-written is a glorious turn on her part.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:39 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5460
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: JackinIrons
Game: Portage: Rising from Ashes
GM: Kapera

Reason: I enjoyed this post quite a bit. The character, who is slightly insane, is currently in a passive state and entering a dangerous situation. The post is tense as he walks into a situation that he knows might kill him, but he doesn't feel like he has a choice not to. And while he's bringing bad news to a dangerous woman, he also gets to learn that he must do the same to the most powerful person in the city.

Closed Thread