OOC The JabberWocky Forum - Page 32 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Tower of Heaven
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #466  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 05:26 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The lack of save on that Kimono makes me very worried.

The trick that comes to mind would be to prepare a ton of trap and delayed spells. You suck them into the kimono then spend the time they are inside filling the spot they vanished from with Symbols and Summoned Monsters. They fight their way free and WHAMMO!
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 05:36 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
The save is the DC 20 Intelligence check. I think it'd be possible to escape in 20 rounds by virtue of taking 20, although I'm not sure whether or not "trapped inside a kimono" is a sufficiently dangerous situation. Funnily enough, it doesn't say what happens if the character succeeds the DC 20 Intelligence check and "escapes." Where do they go?
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 05:37 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
If you are willing to spend cash on the poisons then Deadly Cocktail would work. Poisons are pretty evil if you can afford them, though if you use them often I suggest using skills to make your own.

Opportunist is one of the most insane talents in the game. Since I port around attacking a great deal and very regularly flank for you, and almost never miss, this is basically an extra guaranteed attack per round. And since the attack is made after mine, and I leave images behind that can flank, its always a sneak attack.

Another fun option is Skill Mastery for Acrobatics, Stealth and others for the ability to sleep on top of anyone without perception training and giving them no chance to notice. If they don't look up for unrelated reasons they will never notice you.

("Why is there a duck on your head?" "What duck?")

And if the DM is cool with 3rd party stuff:
Magebane Attack. This is stupidly frustrating for casters and creatures like dragons and other supernatural power users.

Eviscerating Strike:
Give up sneak attack damage to do 1d4+1 Con, no save. Do this a few times and even the toughest foe will sweat in horror. Every 2 points removed is 15hp lost for a 15HD creature, unrecoverable. Double Poison is better if you have the talents for it.

EDIT:
When you leave the Komono you go where you were when you were sucked in, or the nearest unoccupied spot. I assume that works for escaping normally too? And I would consider it stressful enough not to allow you take 10, let alone 20.

It is truly evil.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
CorpZeWolVe's Avatar
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe is offline
I win with JJCP.~
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2019
RPXP: 688
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
If you are willing to spend cash on the poisons then Deadly Cocktail would work. Poisons are pretty evil if you can afford them, though if you use them often I suggest using skills to make your own.
I'm willing to, but I'd have to consider it. I already have poison atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Opportunist is one of the most insane talents in the game. Since I port around attacking a great deal and very regularly flank for you, and almost never miss, this is basically an extra guaranteed attack per round. And since the attack is made after mine, and I leave images behind that can flank, its always a sneak attack.
That sounds like a great investment, and with my ability granting me greater invisibility, I should be dealing more than average damage. I was considering getting the 'crippling strike' just to sap big tanks of the ability to overpower us 6 strength per round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Another fun option is Skill Mastery for Acrobatics, Stealth and others for the ability to sleep on top of anyone without perception training and giving them no chance to notice. If they don't look up for unrelated reasons they will never notice you.

("Why is there a duck on your head?" "What duck?")
Skyrim. 100 sneak, 100 illusion, silenced magic, invisibility, and not a worry in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
And if the DM is cool with 3rd party stuff:
Magebane Attack. This is stupidly frustrating for casters and creatures like dragons and other supernatural power users.
I'll read up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Eviscerating Strike:
Give up sneak attack damage to do 1d4+1 Con, no save. Do this a few times and even the toughest foe will sweat in horror. Every 2 points removed is 15hp lost for a 15HD creature, unrecoverable. Double Poison is better if you have the talents for it.
This seems much better than Crippling Strike could EVER aspire to be. I might as well double up with it if I actually have the free slots, but optimally I'll have to go with poisons instead.
By that I mean, over Crippling Strike. Why not all three?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
EDIT:
When you leave the Komono you go where you were when you were sucked in, or the nearest unoccupied spot. I assume that works for escaping normally too? And I would consider it stressful enough not to allow you take 10, let alone 20.

It is truly evil.
If I see this in the competition, I'm just going to cry.

Last edited by CorpZeWolVe; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
True Sight is all yours then. Lasts 15mins so should do for the dungeon.

I think the ointment that goes with it is made from gold and platnum powder, at 250g an application, but its worth it if it keeps us from wandering into the pit of infinite lostness.

Anyone moving at less than 30ft pre-buff?
Varash's top speed, when not using his limited flight hex, is 25. It's why originally I took the run feat.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Twenty Five should be fine, since it will increase by 30ft due to haste.

Crippling Strike:
6 strength damage is okay, but not mind shattering. Think of it like this: At this level the people we would want to reduce in strength have 30+, and if you do so they probably lose 3 attack and damage out of +25 to hit and +10 to damage.

Its just not enough to counter losing your 8d6 damage.

Its main use would be against Mages, hopefully dropping them to 1 so they can't move under the weight of their own gear. But that isn't likely to happen more than once in a game.

Skyrim:
100 sneak, 100 archery, Invisibility potions and everyone around you is dead while saying 'Oh, it must have been the wind'
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 11:59 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Must've been rats.

I can give anyone a +30ft enhancement bonus to their land speed. I could also give you a 40ft fly speed, or a 60ft burrow speed. Haste wouldn't stack with the land speed, but I could use it to give someone a 90ft burrow speed and blast past everything. Just to be safe, though, I think I'll stick to Psionic Haste.
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Trying to blast through walls in a supernatural high level maze is the kind of thing that leads to finding out they are reinforced with bars of OMGWTFiam in the instant you faceplant into them.

I am also expecting to find that any attempt to take more than myself through dimention doors will fail, or the place will block it completely.

Things are rarely that easy.

And noone objects to us cutting back quickly to ambush other teams, right? AFTER they are weakened from their own boss fights, of course.

If nothing else we will be able to loot the corpses for a big bump in consumerism.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Mar 4th, 2014 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Was there anything special about our Bunny Cooks food, or was it just a great chef?

That is impressive enough for a Bunny, of course, but not really necessary enough to bring him with us.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 02:22 AM
CorpZeWolVe's Avatar
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe is offline
I win with JJCP.~
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2019
RPXP: 688
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Twenty Five should be fine, since it will increase by 30ft due to haste.

Crippling Strike:
6 strength damage is okay, but not mind shattering. Think of it like this: At this level the people we would want to reduce in strength have 30+, and if you do so they probably lose 3 attack and damage out of +25 to hit and +10 to damage.

Its just not enough to counter losing your 8d6 damage.
Ah I was under the impression it was cumulative with my sneak, which is actually 9d8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Its main use would be against Mages, hopefully dropping them to 1 so they can't move under the weight of their own gear. But that isn't likely to happen more than once in a game.
Stacking it with the Con damage later would be impressive, and then to stack poison on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Skyrim:
100 sneak, 100 archery, Invisibility potions and everyone around you is dead while saying 'Oh, it must have been the wind'
The wind caused this arrow to hang out of my eye socket. I mean, there really has to be a certain loss of intellect that comes with that. "Oh no, I only have half my sight now, I guess it was divinely willed."

Last edited by CorpZeWolVe; Mar 4th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Hmm, my friend just died to an arrow in the face. We went to peek, but nothing was there so it was a fluke. Then my other friend died the same way. .. And another.

... This wind is just mean!

Maybe I should warn my buddies inside, or get replacement guards for this vital entry point. ... Naa!

Crippling Strike:
Oh, you are right. I thought it was instead, but it is in addition. Nasty. No limit either, so each hit is another -2 to strength. That could add up. I can't see an enemy living long enough to make it too useful though at this level. Unless there is another one that increases it?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Mar 4th, 2014 at 02:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Was there anything special about our Bunny Cooks food, or was it just a great chef?

That is impressive enough for a Bunny, of course, but not really necessary enough to bring him with us.
Of course it was necessary to bring him with us. He'd be in mortal peril if we were to leave him behind! Think of how many points on the scoreboard it'd mean for an enemy team!
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
That suggestions almost makes me regret not taking Ghoul Army to give ourselves a minimum of 2 ghouls and a ghast to greet people with. Oh well. I also have a fun, nasty idea to make a being more vunerable to my hexes. Sadly it'll most likely only work once per being at most. But it involves a knife or such so win win.

EDIT: I completely expected the bunny to turn out to be some horrible monster that we'd have to fight. Imagine my surprise we've yet to fight it, that or it was forgotten for bit. either way amsing.

Last edited by Konton; Mar 4th, 2014 at 03:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 03:52 AM
CorpZeWolVe's Avatar
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe is offline
I win with JJCP.~
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2019
RPXP: 688
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe
Posts: 1,392
That's probably how the guards at the entrance died too. That's why we're the smart guards that stay inside! I forgot about muffled boots.

Bunnies should cook bunnies right? That's a thing?

Confused as to why Varash got the True Sight. I thought I was disarming things and such.

You can make an army of ghouls tomorrow Balthazar.

It's only amusing when it makes dinner! :@
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB