Prologue: The Mad Scientist - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Free actionSarge, are the cannons built?
While Akoragh asks, he is innately pulling his weapon into his hands. He grunts when he noticed that he didn't have a clear shot towards the enemy.

Last edited by Xbow; Apr 13th, 2014 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin yells out to the cavalry around him, "Boys you are gonna be screening for those wagons, any of them get taken down and one of us is still standing then we have failed our job." Hurin gets over to a wagon and climbs from the back of Fire to the wagon, preparing it to get moving he yells over his shoulder, "Gnar get Iggy and yourself on a wagon, Drivers get to your wagon and lets get moving, Akoragh we need you to help protect the wagons and spot for us so come get up front with me." Hurin pointed out the screening positions he would like to have the cavalry basically two flanking and three out front looking for any felled trees or other obstructions.take. Lastly Hurin turns to Firemane, "I need you to keep the Sargent safe Fire, if things get too bad you let him ride you out of there you got me? Good now go!."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 13th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh says loudly enough to be considered stern but not in a shout, I need to know if they are useable now, one cannon can clear a path or better yet drive them all back.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
MacKenzie replied as a rain of arrows began to descend around them, "No, they are packed in the wagons. It would take precious minutes to set them up and we don't have time for that! Get out of here Cadets, that's an order!"

Behind him, the line was holding, but Orcs continued to stream out of the woods beyond.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:27 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar was starting to help Iggy get to the nearest waggon, uncertain how able he was in a fight though he clearly had some magic. He did everything he could without rushing or picking up the Alchemist to get him onto the Waggon first. He called a nearby soldier to assist in driving the waggon. He scanned the field of battle quickly, recalling his promise to look after the soldier Thomas. Yet even with his sharp Orc eyes, there was no way to tell where the lad was in the battle. Gnar had bigger concerns the request of his older brother's spirit.

"Let's get going, and stop wasting time in even talking about the Cannons! GOOOOO!!!" The Half-Orc yelled, clearly feeling his blood start to boil with the rage his people were known for.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Gnar loaded Professor Ignacious into a wagon, then got in next to him. Soldiers moved towards the wagons in a relatively orderly fashion, considering that the ones who couldn't board the wagons would have to stay and fight their way out.

As they did, one tapped Akoragh on the shoulder and yelled, over the din of battle, "excuse me sir, I believe we could set up a cannon in the wagon. Of course, for obvious reasons, it will only be able to be fired on the wagon's long axis. That is to say, forward and backward."

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 14th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh replies while moving towards the cannons, you mean it won't be able to sway up and down, or do you mean left and right. It will be locked into position?

Last edited by Xbow; Apr 14th, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"No," the engineer replied, "I mean if you try to fire it broadside from the cart, the recoil is likely to tip over the whole vehicle!"
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh finally understanding says, "So, we can give it the proper angle, what are we waiting for? get the wagon moving, we will assemble it on the go."
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar settled into the wagon and spurred the soldier to drive as fast as he was able. Taking a few moments of concentration he summoned forth the magic of Guidance onto the soldier to encourage him. He then raised his head, shield at the ready to check the progress of the other wagons.

"Let's get these Wagons Moving!! NOW!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The group loaded themselves into the wagons, Gnar and Iggy together in one, and the rest spread out amongst the remainder. A large number of soldiers squeezed themselves in as well, though Akoragh prevented too many from jumping in his wagon as he had plans.

The soldiers currently defending the clearing mount a brave but seemingly hopeless defense. With a shout from MacKenzie they form a clear line between the orc horde and wagons, opening a corridor for them to exit the trap towards Trunau.

OOC InstructionsOk guys I'm going to let you decide the order of wagons, the road is too narrow for them to travel side by side without provoking constant checks to avoid collision. The base DC most of the checks are based on is 20 in a combat situation, and 5 otherwise, so decide if you want to be the one making Profession: Driver, or Animal Handling checks. Once you let me know the order the dramatic escape begins!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
oocAkoragh will not be driving, hes trying to build a cannon, so ideally ill be behind a wagon or two
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin takes his wagon to the lead of the group and
Dice animal handling:
1d20+6 (6)+6 Total = 12
pushes his horses to go as swiftly as they can and still be safe in the dark, hoping to get his cannons out of the way of danger as swiftly as possible.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:00 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar commanded the soldier driving the wagon to take point behind Hurin's wagon, trusting his lending his cantrip of Guidance would assist him. He wasn't driving the wagon, leaving that to those with more experience. He knew to just stay near Iggy and protect him. As much as Dracknor wanted to take part in the battle, Gnar knew this wasn't the real battle.

Last edited by jalroy; Apr 18th, 2014 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
In the lead, Hurin drove the horses hard out of the clearing and onto the still dark road, eyes peering intently ahead. Luckily the moon was full and straight above the road, so there was enough light to see by. Directly behind him, Gnar peered out of the front of the wagon and to the right, searching for enemies to slay. Akoragh brought up the rear, and within a few minutes he had the cannon assembled and poking out the back of the wagon. If anyone or anything came up behind them, they would be in for a real surprise.

First ten, then twenty minutes passed and the sound of battle faded behind them. It appeared that the group was going to make a clean break from the fighting, though the fates of those left behind weighed heavily upon their minds. Suddenly, Akoragh's sensitive eyes detected movement a several hundred feet behind him, on the road. He sat up and stared intently into the dark.

OOC InstructionsEveryone make perception checks

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 18th, 2014 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB