Prologue: The Mad Scientist - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:10 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar kept a close watch on the wagons and their precious cargo, listening as they traveled along the road towards the town to Trunau. He could hear Dracknor complain about missing out on another fight, a chance for Glory and blood, that is what mattered to him most in his existence. Yet as a warrior, Dracknor also understood duty and following orders. As much as Dracknor wanted Gnar to be in battle, he understood his responsibility as well. Gnar reminded him that they'd get the chance for battle soon enough.

Gnar looked downward from his point on the wagon to make certain Professor Iggy was alright. Gnar was concerned that this ambush had happened in the first place. Those stolen plans must have lead to this strategic attack. It was now his responsibility to make certain who ever their true foe was, that they were not successful in stopping the Eagle Knights from defending Trunau. And part of that meant keeping Iggy alive and well.

"Everything alright with you, Iggy?"
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Akoragh and HurinRetracing their hectic journey, it wasn't long before Akoragh and Hurin stumbled into soldiers fleeing the fight. "What are you doing here?" one confused sergeant called out. "You were supposed to retreat to Truneau, that's where we're heading now. Sergeant MacKenzie is trying to break free of the hoard about half a mile behind us."


GnarProfessor Ignacious' response was surprisingly lucid.

"Yes I'm fine Gnar. I don't think that Akoragh and Hurin should have headed back. I understand why they're doing it, but our mission is to get these cannon to Truneau. One cannon protected behind their walls can do a lot more damage to the Orcish Horde than a single unprotected cannon in the woods. I do admire their bravery though, and yours for being willing to follow orders despite your yearning for battle."
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old May 28th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
How many surround him? I intend to get him out, says Akoragh.

Last edited by Xbow; May 28th, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:28 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin nodded at the soldier. "We know but there is no option to leave without him. Have your men form up here and prepare for a staggered retreat. Spearmen up front but only those who have decent enough sight not to kill our own. Have sword behind them and ready to move into position when the orcs get in tight. Any archers we have need to switch to secondary combat weapons and pick up a shield if they can, bows are going to be too dangerous unless they have the ability to see in the dark. For those who do, such as any elves or dwarves, inform them to target enemy elite unites. Orcs usually have markers to denote rank so if one of them appears to have more paint, fetishes, or armor that is probably a priority target. Get everyone ready to receive and once we get the Sergeant back we will have them break against us like a wave. Have cavalry ready to flank and shocktroopers ready to fill holes and give the frontliners support. Any sappers we may have that can prepare the grounds in any way for the orcs without impeding our men would be much appreciated. No time for questions we will see you shortly, be ready."

The words streamed out of Hurin but he found himself calm despite the situation. So much of this was just like a training drill that he had already fallen back into the same mentality.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh raises and eye brow as Hurin is giving orders and waits patiently for him to finish his speech. Not a seconds goes by when suddenly Akoragh is flooded with memories of his past in the underdark in which they are running separation drills to kill VIPS. Um, hmm, Hurin, I hate to admit this though, you may have been right. If the even is even remotely intelligent, which they clearly seem to be. The initial assault may have been to focus the VIP, kills would be considered a bonus. Now, thanks to me, the VIP is with a incredibly small escort, and not even our most skilled men.... Akoragh pauses and thinks of how to rectify the situation, Perhaps if we send maybe 10 men to head towards them they will be better prepared for a strike team. Man I hate being stubborn sometimes, he says with a light hearted chuckle.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:33 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"By now they are far enough away anything we hope to do wouldn't really help. Cavalry would have to kill their horses just catching up if it were to make a difference. I feel Iggy may be more powerful than any of us suspect and Gnar won't let anything happen to him. We have played our cards now we just have to hope our opponent doesn't pull a trump."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh looks at his cannon and gives it a kiss. I will need three people to help with the loading, he says. Immediately he begins explaining how to load it.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:24 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar examine Professor Ignacious for a second more, seeing how lucid and perceptive he was. The man might have his moments of being senile or distracted, but he was clear minded and more aware then anyone else usually was at other moments. He could see that this was one of his moments of clarity. They'd likely need him to be this focused once the attack began on Trunau.

"My heart does yearn to join them, but I know that we must complete our mission as well." He gave the man a reassuring toothy grin. "We shall get those cannons ready as soon as we can upon arrival."

Gnar then went back to his duty of directing the rest of the wagons along the rode to their destination, determined to reach Trunau before dawn if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 09:40 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The other soldiers immediately began assisting Akoragh. Though only one of them was an engineer, fear motivated them and the cannon was ready to fire in record time. They didn't have long to wait before they saw movement in the woods ahead of them.

OOC InstructionsRoll Perception and Initiative
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:35 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Dice percep:
1d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12

Dice init:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 11:33 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin did his best to look around and gain his bearings but the dark made it difficult.

ooc
Dice initiative:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (9)+1 Total = 10
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB